PDA

View Full Version : EL OH EL --- OWNED!!!

BABY J
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1973913.html

The jist...

67 year old man wins a million - takes the ticket to the cashier at the store. Cashier scans it in - says "it's not winner" but gives him $2. The ticket is INDEED a winner - clerk redeems the ticket for $1 mill... then returns to his home country (Nepal). Judge freezes the clerks U.S accounts and awards the old man with $395k. Clerk has another account in Nepal w/ 300k sitting in it that the Nepal gov has frozen --- but it could take months for the man to get it back (IF at all). LOL.

DAMN!

THAT is why you sign EVERY lottery ticket you buy when you get it - ORR you just check online instead of trusting some1 who makes $6/hour to be honest enuff to tell you that you're a millionaire.

Elbow
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Real men don't play the lottery.

blaknoize
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
His name is Willis Willis :lmao:

lanning
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
damn thats crazy

blaknoize
02-17-2010, 07:53 PM
but yea, seriously though, thats wack

juan08079
02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
if i got a lottery saying i had won 1 million dollars i would be going straight to the lottery office to redeem that money. wouldnt say a word to noone about it untill i was sure i was getting that money.

Evil Goat
02-17-2010, 07:55 PM
who takes a cashiers word for it if they think they've won something....especially a million dollars? stupid old people....

chinitoxamor
02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
if i got a lottery saying i had won 1 million dollars i would be going straight to the lottery office to redeem that money. wouldnt say a word to noone about it untill i was sure i was getting that money.

i agree he should have just gone and cashed it out himself.:doh:

Julio
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
the old man did not know he had a winning ticket..

When you scan the ticket, it doesnt tell you much you have won, it will say to report to the nearest lotto office.. ( it will say this with any lotto ticket that wins over $599.00 )

I bet the cashier didnt even know it was a million dollar ticket until he checked himself w/ a visual check of the actual numbers picked.

Jason..
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
the old man did not know he had a winning ticket..

When you scan the ticket, it doesnt tell you much you have won, it will say to report to the nearest lotto office.. ( it will say this with any lotto ticket that wins over $599.00 )

I bet the cashier didnt even know it was a million dollar ticket until he checked himself w/ a visual check of the actual numbers picked.
I dreamed you called me last night and was updet cause I punched someone on this site lol

MINI
02-17-2010, 09:05 PM
I dreamed you called me last night and was updet cause I punched someone on this site lol

LOL I will never understand you

BABY J
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
"Updet?"

Sounds dangerous.

ARH1192
02-18-2010, 08:23 AM

this

BABY J
02-18-2010, 08:34 AM
^^ You don't get it ... it wasn't an "instant" (scratch-off) ticket. It was a regular ticket. When you take it to a cashier the machine says "congratulations - you are a winner" and that's it. It doesn't say the amount. So the cashier is at will to give you whatever amount he/she wants. LOL. If I get a ticket I check it online - not at the store.