PDA

View Full Version : blackberry storm1 vs storm2

marcos713
02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
well i wasnt sure exactly where to post this but here it goes.

a friend of mine offered to trade me his unlocked storm1 for my curve 8900. (we both have tmobile btw)

well im just wondering whats are the main differences between the storm1 and the storm2, like what has been improved besides memory capacity. i dont want to get it if it has alot of downfalls.ive played around with his phone and everything is basically the same as my current phone, so i dont think i would have much trouble adapting.

ive also read that the OS for the storm2 (v5.0) is being released soon for the storm1..

also, are there any downfalls to having an unlocked phone? like not being to access the web, etc..

thanks for any unput guys and gals:goodjob:

SLOWR/T
02-18-2010, 06:57 AM
I have a storm 1 with the 2 OS. It runs alot smoother. It took about 50mins to DL it off Verizons site I think.

bowdown201
02-18-2010, 07:02 AM
I have the storm 2 and dont really have any problems with it other than the screen got cracked from dropping it but still works fine. Never had the storm 1 so I dont know all too much on what they improved but I know the it doesnt take as long to change views from longways to sideways.

97_c1vic
02-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Storm 2 also has Wifi