PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ipods on one computer?

TicketRedBB6
02-17-2010, 04:35 AM
Is this possible? I thought only one ipod could sync with its own Itunes folder. My wife and I have one ipod, one computer. It has Vista if that matters. It's time we get seperate ipods as are schedules have changed, but I just don't know if that would work. Maybe if I created a username for each of us with Vista, rather than just the main name?

If it won't work, would it be easier for one of us to get a different mp3 player, like a zune? Please don't turn this into a zune vs. ipod debate, lol.

SmackedInATL
02-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Need separate user accounts or iTunes will delete each iPod every time if you are syncing both.

TicketRedBB6
02-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Need separate user accounts or iTunes will delete each iPod every time if you are syncing both.
Do you mean seperate user accounts on Vista? Like one each name? Thanks for the help.

guinness
02-19-2010, 08:03 PM
just don't sync them.manage your iPods and media manually.the only thing as far as i know that iTunes will do is not allow you to use an iPod on a pc that has been setup on a Mac.i only think it effects the iPod if you're trying to put music that has been downloaded on an account that is different that what is "known" by the iPod.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Me and the wife both have ipods and we just created 2 separate users.