View Full Version : Who is religious

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm j/c cause of Julio's thread

I personally am

mocha latte cupcake
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
represent.

i have my firm and strong beliefs and share them when they need to be shared or i feel it is appropriate.

people don't want to be badgered or beaten into religion... so you show them that its a relationship not a "enslavement"

Princess12
02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
represent.

i have my firm and strong beliefs and share them when they need to be shared or i feel it is appropriate.

people don't want to be badgered or beaten into religion... so you show them that its a relationship not a "enslavement"

Very well said, and I agree.

thecrazyone
02-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Genesis 1.29: "God said, "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food."

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth." (Psalm 104:14-15)

"The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Is. 18:4-5)

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1-2)

God made cannabis, who do you trust?

ARH1192
02-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Religion is for the weak. 100% Atheist here.

Elbow
02-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Religion is for the weak. 100% Atheist here.

That's fine and all but how is religion for the weak?:thinking:

S2KJD
02-16-2010, 10:15 AM
represent.

YES :goodjob:

Elbow
02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
To answer the question, I am religious, I believe in God, I follow a set of beliefs though not all directly from the Bible. I respect any other religion and believe if you call yourself any sort of religion you have to be open minded and understand other beliefs and ideas.

Hulud
02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
repost lol

Nerdsrock22
02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
represent.

This. :cheers:

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Genesis 1.29: "God said, "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant that is upon all the earth, and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit; they shall be yours for food."

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth." (Psalm 104:14-15)

"The Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Is. 18:4-5)

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Rev. 22:1-2)

God made cannabis, who do you trust?

This isn't a pot argument. Irregardless of whether you think its safe, right/wrong, moral/immoral, or any other argument you can come up with, your opinion doesn't change legality.

Lets not make this into a bashing contest (this has nothing to do with the above comment). This has to do with the fact that people saying religion is for the weak or only believers are smart, etc etc. Shut your fuckin mouth before you say anything. If you want to say I don't believe in a God or if you want to say you do, or anything that isn't rude, please, DO. If you wanna get into a debate, go buy some lube, meet the person you wanna argue with, and buttfuck each other all night.

ARH1192
02-16-2010, 10:41 AM
That's fine and all but how is religion for the weak?:thinking:

When religious folks have questions about life, they go to the bible. Why? Because what the read makes them feel good inside. Gives them that warm fuzzy "everything is going to be ok" feeling. But what the bible doesn't give them is the truth.

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
When religious folks have questions about life, they go to the bible. Why? Because what the read makes them feel good inside. Gives them that warm fuzzy "everything is going to be ok" feeling. But what the bible doesn't give them is the truth.

Please dont state opinion as fact. I'm a very religious person and I've never once gone to the bible for answers on life. This is what we call ignorance and stereotyping.

ARH1192
02-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Please dont state opinion as fact. I'm a very religious person and I've never once gone to the bible for answers on life. This is what we call ignorance and stereotyping.

You haven't? What happens at the end of you life? Well I bet you think "Heaven" which gives you that warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it?

Ignorance - The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

You sir are the ignorant one who is uneducated, unaware, or uninformed that there is no god.

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 11:03 AM
You haven't? What happens at the end of you life? Well I bet you think "Heaven" which gives you that warm fuzzy feeling doesn't it?

You sir are the ignorant one who is uneducated, unaware, or uninformed that there is no god.

Do I believe in Heaven, yes. No, I don't think "Heaven" and get warm fuzzy feelings. I feel great about myself when I do a good deed. I feel good about myself when I succeed at something I set out to accomplish. If I'm wrong and there is no Heaven, all I did was believe in something greater and live my life as a kinder person because of it, thats a risk I'll gladly take.

Again, you have no fact to back up your argument.

When religious folks have questions about life, they go to the bible. Stereotyping (ignorance)

Why? Because what the read makes them feel good inside. Gives them that warm fuzzy "everything is going to be ok" feeling. (how would you know how it makes them feel?)

But what the bible doesn't give them is the truth.

If you have so much truth buried inside of you, please enlighten me with an intelligent factual argument. I honestly do not care one way or the other if you believe in my God or not, I don't seek your approval or your acceptance because of my beliefs nor do I care if you agree with them. Please gtfo of my thread if you're going to try to continue to bash religion.

Browning151
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM

No one came in here Bible thumping or preaching to anyone, so why do you feel the need to come in here and bash someone for their belief? It was a simple question: are you religious or not, answer it and move on no need for the bs.

Elbow
02-16-2010, 11:14 AM

Way to come in here and show you seem to be the scared one in life. People like you make me laugh.

I also have not once went to the Bible to search for help. In fact, I've never even read the whole Bible, I've read some parts but never cover to cover.

You are speaking opinions, I won't sit here and state back defensively there is a God, that's my belief that there is, thinking I will go to Heaven does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling, I don't go about my life saying "no matter what I will go to Heaven."

You sir are the dumb ass, you came in here throwing opinions, you can't prove there isn't a God or a Heaven and neither can I. Let me guess, you had bad shit happen in your life before and because of that your weak human life gave up on the thought of God or an afterlife. Typical emo Atheist ways. A real Atheist won't bash religion, you are the uneducated ass hole in this thread.

mocha latte cupcake
02-16-2010, 11:18 AM

not that i often choose to get into piss battle of the "god doesn't exist and is for the weak crowd" but for the fun i'll take a moment from my life to interject a counterpoint.

*ahem*

does your mind truly comprehend the end of life into a cavity of nothingness that is mind erasing, soul exising, end of "conscious" thought processing and what would be considered "total and infinite death". please if you do explain it to the millions who believe with something further than... you just die. because if what you're saying here is "you just die with no warm and fuzzys" explain the feelings that would approach you on that moment. because is there any proof here that this actually happens? other than... dare i say... its what you believe. cause then i could say that you're basing your educated guess on eternity from a human mind which is flawed an therefore without your scientific proof of the "end of life and existance into a nothingness" i would assume you put "faith" into this... :thinking:

ignorance.... i find it odd that you lay no foundation for the fact that there is no god yet find it necessary to throw words around without providing information to which you can stand on. hmmm i do feel weak though right now; weak and feable @ that... my choice to believe in god has stricten me lame and ignorant of life, experiences and held be back from countless moments i could capture if only i believed that i was the only one, and i got here only by me, and there ain't no body who can hold me down.

like i said, provide me PURE HARD UNADULTERATED EXPLICIT FACT that there is no God and NEVER has been one and i'll actually put thought into a response proving there is one....

remember you're "faithlessness" in God only shows you exhibit "faith" of your own in that there isn't one. You have my pity sir.

PS:
also, not to open a can of sub topics here but...

You have freewill given by god, but do you really not believe that even in freewill your predesination was to chose a course not meant for "religion" perhaps maybe that is something harder to think about that maybe God knew you'd chose it, send me her to prove you wrong and maybe make you spend more than a .25 second post in spouting factless rambling on an internet forum... please leave religion discussions to those with an IQ over 12and a thought process longer than it takes to eat a snickers bite.
http://www.soloseo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/bite_size_snickers.jpg

ARH1192
02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
lol, I feel like I just stepped on a ant hill.

Listen, all I was saying is I don't need religion to help me live a good life. I don't care to debate with you guys. Trust me, I've done enough debating for a life time being an atheist slap dead in the middle of the bible belt of America.

You religious folks get so upset when someone says something about god not being real. Live a day in my shoes. You know how often I get preached to? Can't even drive down the road with out passing a church with some damn bible verse on the sign.

mocha latte cupcake
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
no worries, i highly doubt someone is upset in here, however it does provide an excellent moment to stop and think that the moment you stroll into a topic based on God and stand on a soap box screaming there isn't one, someone is going to take the time to post otherwise.

also, religion is for the weak really isn't a strong opening line for something other than a debate :lmfao: just sayin'.

carry on and have a fun day

SE-R_Li-Go
02-16-2010, 12:43 PM
represent.

nice
i am a Christian and proud of it, but i feel that trying to force Chrisitanity on other people only pushes them away further. i just try to be an example and give my 2cents when it calls for it.

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 12:57 PM
lol, I feel like I just stepped on a ant hill.

Listen, all I was saying is I don't need religion to help me live a good life. I don't care to debate with you guys. Trust me, I've done enough debating for a life time being an atheist slap dead in the middle of the bible belt of America.

You religious folks get so upset when someone says something about god not being real. Live a day in my shoes. You know how often I get preached to? Can't even drive down the road with out passing a church with some damn bible verse on the sign.

Look dude, you're pissing me off not because you argue my beliefs but because of your blatant disrespect. I posed a simple question and asked that no one start shit and you came in here bashing religious beliefs because you don't think they hold water. Do you want my pity that someone puts up a verse from the bible on a sign? How does that in any way impede your path in life? What is the difference in a biblical quote about treating others with respect and a quote from some famous person about how to live life?

You didn't come in here starting a debate, you came in here starting shit talking. No one said we need religion to lead a good life, there are murderers and thieves who are strong religious people. There are suicide bombers who have been mind fucked into thinking that killing nonbelievers will give them a utopia in the afterlife. Then there are atheists who have murdered people all the same. People make their own choices, no matter what they claim their belief is. I can tell you that I believe I'm a perfect person because I believe in God and I'll be saved, but I'd be lying through my teeth.

I know I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else in this world but at least I have enough sense to slow myself before I do something rude because I'll regret being an ass for a petty reason rather than just letting shit go. I've learned a lot of things the hard way in my life and I have a lot of regrets in my life that I won't let myself make again and I didn't read how to overcome my regrets in any book, religious or other.

You shouldn't EVER tell someone their beliefs are wrong. I don't claim to know anything about the afterlife, but I know what I believe about it, I have my reasons for believing it, and I trust someone who disagrees has their reasons. Respect that.

98blackcivic
02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
my faith is strong
NO ONE can break it

NevrNufTorq
02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
represent.

well put:goodjob:never been a believer in the 'fire and brimstone' approach either but some are more convicted than myself:2cents:

DVSRX-7
02-16-2010, 09:04 PM
represent.

Took the words and thoughts right out of my fucking brain and mouth!!

Plus, "I believe in a higher power, but not one in particular".