PDA

View Full Version : Slower Traffic Keep Right! Become a fan or a kitten dies!

speedminded
02-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Join this ish! All these retarded fan pages and few pertain to anything logical and driving.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slower-Traffic-Keep-Right/308833989381

Become a fan or this kitten dies!

http://www.frigginrandom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/kitty-hostage-situation.jpg

blaknoize
02-15-2010, 03:17 PM
kitten :cry:

roxie911
02-15-2010, 03:23 PM
That's an ugly cat...just sayin

Machado
02-15-2010, 03:24 PM
kill him, i dont care.

speedminded
02-15-2010, 03:24 PM
That's an ugly cat...just sayinMaybe it thinks your pussy is ugly too. Ever think of that?

BKgen®
02-15-2010, 03:25 PM
DROP THE GUN.

USE YOUR FOOT.

roxie911
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe it thinks your pussy is ugly too. Ever think of that?

Soooooooo predictable :rolleyes:

speedminded
02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Soooooooo predictable :rolleyes:*points to door* :tongue:

Elbow
02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Joined.

speedminded
02-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't need a left lane.

Mr Egg Rollllll
02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Yyyyyyyeeeeesssss,

I'll move to the right lane...

blaknoize
02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
DROP THE GUN.

USE YOUR FOOT.

Suggestion noted good sir

collins
02-15-2010, 04:18 PM
just kill the fucking cat.

Julio
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm telling you, that law is going to screw a lot of people up..

The slow ones and the fast ones.. is a setup... ..

Is a catch 22 law.. ... we will see come July 1st..

lmao

speedminded
02-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm telling you, that law is going to screw a lot of people up..

The slow ones and the fast ones.. is a setup... ..

Is a catch 22 law.. ... we will see come July 1st..

lmaoohh, what law?

T.S.
02-15-2010, 06:17 PM
well they just made that super speeder law if you caught doing over 85mph you get a hefty fine and more! Go Georgia Law!

And they are trying to pass that no texting while driving law, which they should!

punkr6
02-15-2010, 06:22 PM
That's an ugly cat...just sayin

that is not an ugly cat. I've seen a few ugly pussy's in my day....

roxie911
02-15-2010, 06:25 PM
*points to door* :tongue:

Let me guess...that's the door to the kitchen?

Nerdsrock22
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
joined.

AdriSciontC
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm about to go back to the kitchen... to get homemade fajitas

speedminded
02-15-2010, 06:35 PM
well they just made that super speeder law if you caught doing over 85mph you get a hefty fine and more! Go Georgia Law!

And they are trying to pass that no texting while driving law, which they should!It's a $200 fee for any speeding ticket over 85mph, or over 75mph on a 2 lane road...it sucks but just don't do it lol!
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/sum/hb160.htm

The texting thing will never pass because it would be impossible to enforce. We're currently paying a study committee to determine how an officer can tell the difference between someone sending a text message and dialing a phone. Retarded!
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/versions/hb938_LC_34_2366_a_2.htm

speedminded
02-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Let me guess...that's the door to the kitchen?Of course not, if I want good food I know I gotta cook it myself...that was the door to the outside of the house :tongue:

Julio
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
ohh, what law?

What ? You havent heard ? I thought thats why you made this thread/group on FB

lmao

here you go

Driving too slow in Georgia's fast lines could bring a fine
Legislator proposes $75 fine for impeding traffic.
BY MORRIS NEWS SERVICESTORY UPDATED AT 4:03 PM ON TUESDAY, FEB. 2, 2010
EMAILPRINTBLOG THISCOMMENT
Buzz up!

ATLANTA — Driving too slow in Georgia's fast lanes could bring a fine for drivers who block the flow of traffic under legislation introduced today.

House Bill 1047 by Rep. Mark Butler, R-Carrollton, would impose a $75 fine for slowpokes.

It already is illegal for motorists in the left lane to block traffic by refusing to move over “once such person knows or should reasonably know that he or she is being overtaken in such lane,” Georgia law says.

But there are exceptions such as when conditions require a slower speed for safety, making a left turn and driving the speed limit.

Butler’s bill would only add the fine. It still would not require someone driving the maximum speed to pull aside for someone who is speeding.

If passed, it would take effect July 1, just in time to apply to Independence Day vacationers.

speedminded
02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
What ? You havent heard ? I thought thats why you made this thread/group on FB

lmao

here you go...
I made the group on facebook after seeing the "If you tailgate me, I will intentionally slow down to piss you off." fan page had over 400,000 members yet the most popular "Slower traffic keep right" fan page only had 200 members lol! Even though I don't tail-gate, I guarantee you 9/10 of those bitching about it are driving TOO SLOW in the left lane.

The 'Impeding the flow' law has been around since the 70's, just rarely enforced. Someone on here years ago said their brother is a cop and wrote someone a ticket it for it in Atlanta but I never heard how it went in court. I searched and searched for it countless times to bump it lol!

TITLE 40. MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
CHAPTER 6. UNIFORM RULES OF THE ROAD
ARTICLE 9. SPEED RESTRICTIONS

O.C.G.A. § 40-6-184 (2009)

§ 40-6-184. Impeding traffic flow; minimum speed in left-hand lanes

(a)(1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation.

(2) On roads, streets, or highways with two or more lanes allowing for movement in the same direction, no person shall continue to operate a motor vehicle in the most left-hand lane at less than the maximum lawful speed limit once such person knows or should reasonably know that he is being overtaken in such lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed, except when such motor vehicle is preparing for a left turn.

(b) Whenever the commissioner of public safety or the commissioner of transportation or local authorities determine on the basis of any engineering and traffic investigation that slow speeds on any part of a road under their respective jurisdictions impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, such commissioners jointly, or such local authorities, may determine and declare a minimum speed limit below which no person shall drive a vehicle except when necessary for safe operation, and that limit shall be effective when posted upon fixed or variable signs.

HISTORY: Ga. L. 1953, Nov.-Dec. Sess., p. 556, § 51; Code 1933, § 68A-805, enacted by Ga. L. 1975, p. 1582, § 1; Ga. L. 1987, p. 361, § 2; Ga. L. 1990, p. 2048, § 5.

BKgen®
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
And they are trying to pass that no texting while driving law, which they should!

I agree completely.

They should also have mandatory yearly driving tests for the elderly.

Julio
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
The 'Impeding the flow' law has been around since the 70's, just rarely enforced. Someone on here years ago said their brother is a cop and wrote someone a ticket it for it in Atlanta but I never heard how it went in court. I searched and searched for it countless times to bump it lol!

But now you dont have to move if you are going the speed limit.. of course, if the bill is passed..

Butler’s bill would only add the fine. It still would not require someone driving the maximum speed to pull aside for someone who is speeding.

AdriSciontC
02-15-2010, 08:34 PM
I thought they already had a law about slow driving :thinking: .... impeding traffic flow...

1SICKLEX
02-15-2010, 08:37 PM
People need to really move over. Its an epidemic.

speedminded
02-15-2010, 08:58 PM
But now you dont have to move if you are going the speed limit.. of course, if the bill is passed..

Butler’s bill would only add the fine. It still would not require someone driving the maximum speed to pull aside for someone who is speeding.Speed isn't what is dangerous on interstates, it's the variation of speed in the same lanes forcing people to pass on the right. One person going 10mph under the speed limit in the far left lane can cause congestion and chaos in the 2 or 3 lanes to it's right with people trying to overtake it...legally.

The left lanes are still considered passing lanes and they should always remain open for emergency vehicles to avoid last second cluster fucks of people trying to change lanes when an emergency vehicle approaches. In Georgia the sign says, "Slower Traffic Keep Right" but in neighboring states they say, "Keep Right Except to Pass". We should have both here.

There is few things more frustrating than a driver that doesn't yield to the person behind them, especially for a patrol car. Nearly everybody that gets a cop behind them automatically slows down yet I have never once heard of an officer giving a ticket to someone that put their turn signal on, sped up, and merged over to allow the officer to pass...even if they exceeded the speed limit to do so. I've done it countless times and if anything I got a nod or wave from the officer, never once being pulled over for it.

In Snellville, "40-6-184" is already a $144 fine.

40-6-184. Impeding traffic flow; minimum speed in left-hand lanes

(a)(1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation.

(2) On roads, streets, or highways with two or more lanes allowing for movement in the same direction, no person shall continue to operate a motor vehicle in the most left-hand lane at less than the maximum lawful speed limit once such person knows or should reasonably know that he is being overtaken in such lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed, except when such motor vehicle is preparing for a left turn.

(b) Whenever the commissioner of public safety or the commissioner of transportation or local authorities determine on the basis of any engineering and traffic investigation that slow speeds on any part of a road under their respective jurisdictions impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, such commissioners jointly, or such local authorities, may determine and declare a minimum speed limit below which no person shall drive a vehicle except when necessary for safe operation, and that limit shall be effective when posted upon fixed or variable signs.

AdriSciontC
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
My mom got an impeding traffic flow ticket when she got slammed into from the back and it was dropped in court...

speedminded
02-15-2010, 09:05 PM
My mom got an impeding traffic flow ticket when she got slammed into from the back and it was dropped in court...Was she stopped when she got hit or braking abruptly to make an [illegal] left turn?

AdriSciontC
02-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Was she stopped when she got hit or braking abruptly to make an [illegal] left turn?

she slowed down for a flashing yellow, the woman behind her was on the cell phone and rammed right into her... the woman claimed my mom had been going SUPER SLOW/stopped

speedminded
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
she slowed down for a flashing yellow, the woman behind her was on the cell phone and rammed right into her... the woman claimed my mom had been going SUPER SLOW/stoppedlol crazy. Typically they'll get following too closely even if it's the other persons fault.

I had someone slam on their brakes in the rain once to make an illegal u-turn (With a no u-turn sign and all) and I slid into the person in front of me. I was in a Tahoe and hit a week old truck in front of me, no damage to his truck luckily but messed up the bumper on the Tahoe. Yet I still got a ticket lol! The exact same thing happened to the dude the week before and that's why he was in a new truck...that's when I learned GM anti-lock brakes ARE NOT anti-lock, especially in wet conditions lol! My following too closely ticket was dropped in court.