PDA

View Full Version : Reparations Rule!

Paul
02-15-2010, 11:03 AM
so i never really knew too much about them and my friends at work like to hassle my jewish last name so this morning i looked up war reparations... in my reading this morning i found out that wars are bigger business than i ever knew. after just about every major war there has been some sort of a treaty tied to reparations that have to be paid. this basically provides long lasting economic growth for countries being paid in some form of gold, cash, intellectual property (aspirin trademark is a good example), resources, etc....

one interesting note i also read this morning that some believe WWI reparations helped the advance of WWII.

many of you know i hate bush but i'm starting to think he is a genius for starting the iraq war as long as we get trillions in oil.

discuss.

Sammich
02-15-2010, 11:07 AM
*realizes this is in teh whoreslounge*

YOU GOT PAYBACK COMING ANDY!! THIS IS AGREGIOUS I TELL....ALWAYS REMEMBER SON, IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

Total_Blender
02-15-2010, 11:34 AM
many of you know i hate bush but i'm starting to think he is a genius for starting the iraq war as long as we get trillions in oil.
discuss.

Because we invaded them I think the reparations will probably end up going from us to them to pay for all the damage we caused to the infrastructure, etc. We were the aggressors and most of the time its the aggressors that have to pay.

Paul
02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Because we invaded them I think the reparations will probably end up going from us to them to pay for all the damage we caused to the infrastructure, etc. We were the aggressors and most of the time its the aggressors that have to pay.

well if history repeats itself it normally those who lose pay... so we will be ok. its like a long term investment.

MongolPup
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
one interesting note i also read this morning that some believe WWI reparations helped the advance of WWII.

lol son fact, read up on the general sentiment in Germany at the time and how Hitler was able to ride that to power.

Paul
02-15-2010, 11:55 AM
lol son fact, read up on the general sentiment in Germany at the time and how Hitler was able to ride that to power.

i did read a tid bit about that this morning.

Echonova
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Uhhhhhh... Bush never asked/made Iraq pay reparations to us. In fact some of the bleeding heart liberals think we should make Reparations to the Iraqi people for the invasion. Iraq had to pay reparations to Kuwait after we drove out Saddam's forces in the first Gulf War. Iraq had to pay Kuwait 5% of it's oil profits, but never did pay the full amount demanded (little over 50bil).

Besides, we have plenty of oil here... We just have to drill for it. Hell, we found 60 Billion barrels 80 miles off Louisiana's coast 3-4 years ago. To put that in perspective, that is three times what is in ANWAR. But while you are on this quest for knowledge, look up ANWAR and see what that land was originally set aside for.

That's right... Drilling.

Julio
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Duuuude.... I so told you this shit during election time...

lmao...

Julio
02-15-2010, 04:50 PM

You are correct, but is long time investment ..... small price the USA will pay for long time cha ching !

BanginJimmy
02-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Its actually much the same as the rhetoric that Obama used to get into office.

Total_Blender
02-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Its actually much the same as the rhetoric that Obama used to get into office.

I take it none of you are familiar with Reductio ad Hitlerum so I'll spell it out for you. In a political argument (one that doesn't concern Nazi Germany of WWII specifically), the more losing party tries and fails to make a comeback, the probability of them using a comparison to Hitler becomes closer to 1. Since a comparison to Hitler is an association fallacy, the first person to call or compare the other to Hitler/Nazi Germany automatically loses the argument. See also: Godwin's Law.

But just for shits and giggles, humor us with your analysis of Obama's campaign and how it was similar to Hitler's. I don't recall Obama having a group of paramilitary thugs busting heads at GOP rallies, or Obama blaming the problems of the state on any one race in particular.

Nerdsrock22
02-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I take it none of you are familiar with Reductio ad Hitlerum so I'll spell it out for you. In a political argument (one that doesn't concern Nazi Germany of WWII specifically), the more losing party tries and fails to make a comeback, the probability of them using a comparison to Hitler becomes closer to 1. Since a comparison to Hitler is an association fallacy, the first person to call or compare the other to Hitler/Nazi Germany automatically loses the argument. See also: Godwin's Law.

But just for shits and giggles, humor us with your analysis of Obama's campaign and how it was similar to Hitler's. I don't recall Obama having a group of paramilitary thugs busting heads at GOP rallies, or Obama blaming the problems of the state on any one race in particular.

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/godwins-law-9796.jpg

I get so annoyed at any comparision to Hitler/Nazi's. The libs did it to Bush 4 years ago, and now the tea baggers are doing it to Obama. Until Obama cranks up the gas chambers, I'll stick to policy critique rather than ludicrous slander.

Njobe
02-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Heil mein Führer