PDA

View Full Version : Prayers..wtf?

Julio
02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't believe in non of that, but im not against things that make people feel good or better.. but, when people say it, do they really mean it ?

JDMJAYDC2
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
i cant belive you would make this thread

i will pray for you

DVSRX-7
02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't believe in non of that, but im not against things that make people feel good or better.. but, when people say it, do they really mean it ?

Some people do and others don't pray, sometimes I think to myself as to why they pray, but I really don't care I have no need to pray as I live my life day by day.

Julio
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
i will pray for you

I highly doubt that.. :lmfao:

JDMJAYDC2
02-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I highly doubt that.. :lmfao:

dont judge me you rich mofo jew dont know me:D

BKgen®
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
It depends on the person and their faith, and how serious they are about prayer. You can't just go throwing around blanket generalizations, saying they don't mean it when they pray.

JJSPEC Racing
02-14-2010, 07:57 PM
I know many people that do mean it if they say they will pray about something. I know several people that will stop and make it a point to do it then if the need is strong enough.

Julio
02-14-2010, 08:15 PM
You can't just go throwing around blanket generalizations, saying they don't mean it when they pray.

No one is making " Blanket generalizations " .. I'm asking a question...

Julio
02-14-2010, 08:17 PM
dont judge me you rich mofo jew dont know me:D

lmao... I wish..

-EnVus-
02-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Wrong section needs to be in "religion" NOOB:ninja::ninja:

Julio
02-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Wrong section needs to be in "religion" NOOB:ninja::ninja:

True.. but you know in there, everyone will say yes.. only bible hugger's go in there. :D

Julio
02-14-2010, 08:24 PM
I know many people that do mean it if they say they will pray about something. I know several people that will stop and make it a point to do it then if the need is strong enough.

Do you think Older people do it more then younger people ? Like our grandparents ? or even parents ?

-EnVus-
02-14-2010, 08:25 PM
True.. but you know in there, everyone will say yes.. only bible hugger's go in there. :D
lol damn sorry im a bible reader idk about hugger :rolleyes:

claybird
02-14-2010, 10:31 PM

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

JJSPEC Racing
02-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Do you think Older people do it more then younger people ? Like our grandparents ? or even parents ?

I know plenty in there 30's and 40's. I guess to some people that would be older, lol

punkr6
02-15-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm praying for rain, while standing in it......

Bajjani
02-15-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm not even sure what exactly you're asking here Julio but I'll describe my thoughts on Prayer.

I'm a religious person and I have a strong Faith but I'm not an active church goer. I never pray asking for anything for myself because I believe I have been blessed as it is, but I pray for people and friends when I think they could use more help than I could give. Believe in something higher or not, just having hope and knowing people care can make a world of difference so, even if its talking to no one but it gives someone courage or hope, I'll take that chance.

Julio
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
For example , Lets use IA..

Member A makes a Post : My grandfather is in the hospital , please pray for him.

Member B replies : I will keep him in my prayers...

I say, do people really mean it when the say or type it ?

I know, I hear it a lot around the way.. but I wonder, if "all" people really pray when they say they do or will...

I think it gets thrown around more ...

remember, this is my personal opinion.. nothing less.. nothing more..

Bajjani
02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
For example , Lets use IA..

Member A makes a Post : My grandfather is in the hospital , please pray for him.

Member B replies : I will keep him in my prayers...

I say, do people really mean it when the say or type it ?

I know, I hear it a lot around the way.. but I wonder, if "all" people really pray when they say they do or will...

I think it gets thrown around more ...

remember, this is my personal opinion.. nothing less.. nothing more..

I don't doubt it one bit that people say it more than they do it but feeling like people are out there wishing you/your family well is a comfort to some.

mocha latte cupcake
02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
all is a big word...so i would say no... you're average person... (even less on IA with what typical religion hatred seems to fly around in the religion forum) will not actually remember your request and pray. however i would say about 50% of people would actually remember to pray (thats being generous) i know that if i say something i'll do it.

you're average person is saying it to be courteous. (sp?)

Bajjani
02-15-2010, 04:57 PM
all is a big word...so i would say no... you're average person... (even less on IA with what typical religion hatred seems to fly around in the religion forum) will not actually remember your request and pray. however i would say about 50% of people would actually remember to pray (thats being generous) i know that if i say something i'll do it.

you're average person is saying it to be courteous. (sp?)

I think hes right

Julio
02-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Pretty sad, thats such a powerful word, that the word is loosing its value.. so it seems..due to it being thrown around..

I have never said that word to anyone "ever" in my life.. I would feel like crap if I do say that word and dont do it.. and im not even religious...

Bajjani
02-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Pretty sad, thats such a powerful word, that the word is loosing its value.. so it seems..due to it being thrown around..

I have never said that word to anyone "ever" in my life.. I would feel like crap if I do say that word and dont do it.. and im not even religious...

I personally don't say it, I just do it.

mocha latte cupcake
02-15-2010, 05:12 PM
slightly different topic but semi relevant is this:

when people who constantly slam religion, call everyone else close minded and put god on blast but then when their life spirals down hill out of their "i'm in control mentality" they request prayers and help for their family and themselves...

it find it contradictory but out of the compassion of christ and what not i always help them out with prayer...

God is not a coke machine, you don't just insert your prayer money when you're dying from thirsty and get a coke. He's a water fountain, all it takes is the faith to believe it has all the water you need and drink from it.

Bajjani
02-15-2010, 05:12 PM
slightly different topic but semi relevant is this:

when people who constantly slam religion, call everyone else close minded and put god on blast but then when their life spirals down hill out of their "i'm in control mentality" they request prayers and help for their family and themselves...

it find it contradictory but out of the compassion of christ and what not i always help them out with prayer...

God is not a coke machine, you don't just insert your prayer money when you're dying from thirsty and get a coke. He's a water fountain, all it takes is the faith to believe it has all the water you need and drink from it.

It is also hypocritical to call someone close minded because they dont believe what you do

mocha latte cupcake
02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
^ tr00f has been said ^

Kevykev
02-16-2010, 07:16 AM

To generally answer your question i would say yes because the newer generations, just think about it.*

That's case by case, I am a man of my word and if I say that I will pray for you...A prayer WILL be said.

As time goes by, religion loses it importance to many because a lot of people enable "others" to ruin it for them. Others can come in the form of many things including religious bodies.

The thing about it is that all of this is written...yes which doubters do not read.

Key:

* [I]= Keeps it from turning into one of those threads...or does it

BABY J
02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Prayer is useless in reality. There is nothing that "happens" when you pray, other than within yourself (placebo effect) b/c you feel better (if you are some1 that believes in the power of such).

There is no God "listening" to you (and millions of others) on some secret supernatural frequency (that can only be reached when u clasp your hands together JUSSSST right and go down to your knees) waiting to cure your grandad of cancer - or help you pass a test - or keep u from getting a speeding ticket.

Spend your time doing some ACTUAL activity that will generate the outcome that you desire, like making sure your will is up to date... studying for your tests, and slowing the fuck down in the vincinity of cops running radar.

Black4DrEK
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Prayer is useless in reality. There is nothing that "happens" when you pray, other than within yourself (placebo effect) b/c you feel better (if you are some1 that believes in the power of such).

There is no God "listening" to you (and millions of others) on some secret supernatural frequency (that can only be reached when u clasp your hands together JUSSSST right and go down to your knees) waiting to cure your grandad of cancer - or help you pass a test - or keep u from getting a speeding ticket.

Spend your time doing some ACTUAL activity that will generate the outcome that you desire, like making sure your will is up to date... studying for your tests, and slowing the fuck down in the vincinity of cops running radar.

QTF...

Just like making a damn WISH.. not gonna happend...

MAKE IT HAPPEND!:goodjob:

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 02:30 PM

You know, people are powerful because we BELIEVE they are. Belief is a very very powerful thing. People can make themselves develop ailments, even physical ones, because they believe they are truly sick. Do not ever doubt the power of belief in anything man.

BABY J
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
^^ I believe in lota of things --- some people believe that their parachutes are going to open just before they fail and plummet to their deaths. You have to BALANCE it - and that's where religion loses - it's not balanced. You know how many times I've had a bible-thumper try to argue gravity with me as a comback to me questioning them about God? LOL. BALANCE sir --- remember that. I believe in a lot - but not the tooth fairy and DEF not an imaginary man-made creation called God. Will I ever believe in God? Well - when She gives me a reason to I'll consider it.

Bajjani
02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
^^ I believe in lota of things --- some people believe that their parachutes are going to open just before they fail and plummet to their deaths. You have to BALANCE it - and that's where religion loses - it's not balanced. You know how many times I've had a bible-thumper try to argue gravity with me as a comback to me questioning them about God? LOL. BALANCE sir --- remember that. I believe in a lot - but not the tooth fairy and DEF not an imaginary man-made creation called God. Will I ever believe in God? Well - when She gives me a reason to I'll consider it.

I mean, if you ask Al Gore it will never snow again or hes a liar. You can't judge religion based on the individuals who follow it because not everyone sees it the same. For example, I've read the bible, I don't think its truth. I think the bible is stories put together to get across a meaning and a moral. However, if you ask some people, the bible is pure fact in their opinion. Same book, same God, different beliefs. Another example is the Koran, and I love this quote from the book..

...whosoever killeth a human being... it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind..."

..yes we have radical muslims who think that because it says "Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors"

You have radicals in all aspects of life, health, drinking, drugs. Some people think that touching alcohol or drugs is the worst thing in the world, others thing hey God put it there. No matter what you look at you have to step back and take your own view weeding out the radicals. More so with religion than anything, base your opinion on your study of it not on others opinions (and i'm not saying that is or isnt what you did).

BABY J
02-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I definitely base my opinion of what I study/observe.

I observe prayers not being answered for "devout" followers.

I observe people dying in the middle of the street while begging/praying for invisible help from God that never arrives.

I could go on. I do understand what you mean about "belief". Obama is "powerful" b/c the consensus is that he is the President. He doesn't glow. He doesn't levitate - he isn't 8 feet tall - he is the same as any1 else. It's like the Sherrif of Paulding County going to El Paso County Colorado and trying to write some1 a ticket - he is "not powerful" there - the people of Coloroado do not "recognize" his "power" there. God is the same IMO. She only is powerful to those who believe in Her. To me - JFK has just as much importance as Jesus... Jesus was a common hero of humanity... nothing more, no more important than Albert Einstein.

To some1 who believes tho - he is the reason why they breathe. I personally think that's a total mind-fuck but who asked me. LOL :) Very good post sir.