PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods LS/Vtech

94LSEG
10-29-2005, 06:39 PM
I have a question about my LS motor that has CTR pistons in it with a high compression of arouned 11.7 i read somewhere that it is a good set up for LS vtech but also heard it would make my motor blow real easy someone let me know whats up.

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 08:37 PM
I have a question about my LS motor that has CTR pistons in it with a high compression of arouned 11.7 i read somewhere that it is a good set up for LS vtech but also heard it would make my motor blow real easy someone let me know whats up.

Cordless phones and engines don't mix. They don't even run on the same voltage. That would involve integrating a power inverter into your harness for the phone, and where would you tie it into? Your ignition? Can you make it control timing? Even if you could get it to work it wouldn't add any horsepower.

A.P. Photography
10-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Cordless phones and engines don't mix. They don't even run on the same voltage. That would involve integrating a power inverter into your harness for the phone, and where would you tie it into? Your ignition? Can you make it control timing? Even if you could get it to work it wouldn't add any horsepower.
So are you saying he has to wire it so that V-Tech kicks in at 900Mghz

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 09:24 PM
So are you saying he has to wire it so that V-Tech kicks in at 900Mghz

No, it has to kick in at 1.21 gigawatts!

A.P. Photography
10-29-2005, 09:24 PM
No, it has to kick in at 1.21 gigawatts!
I thought it was Jiggawatts

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 09:26 PM
I thought it was Jiggawatts

Whatever. :slap:

A.P. Photography
10-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Whatever. :slap:
Don't make me break out the Flux Capacitor on your ass

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Where did that plutonium (sp) come from again? ;)

99SI
10-30-2005, 08:20 AM
noob bashing, lol. Just in case the author of this initial post wasn't aware VTEC is the name of the variable valve timing that makes the LSVTEC so enchanting. VTECH is a phone. But to answer your question, LS rods are inherently weaker than VTEC rods which could lead to your only problem. Keep the rev limit around 8,000 and your compression ratio shouldn't come into play that much as long as you're running 93octane everytime all the time. Do not get cheap on the gas with a high cr. Otherwise the compression shouldn't make much of a difference as long as you did the rest of the conversion right, just don't try to spin it too high.

IntegraXTR
10-30-2005, 11:33 AM
noob bashing, lol. Just in case the author of this initial post wasn't aware VTEC is the name of the variable valve timing that makes the LSVTEC so enchanting. VTECH is a phone. But to answer your question, LS rods are inherently weaker than VTEC rods which could lead to your only problem. Keep the rev limit around 8,000 and your compression ratio shouldn't come into play that much as long as you're running 93octane everytime all the time. Do not get cheap on the gas with a high cr. Otherwise the compression shouldn't make much of a difference as long as you did the rest of the conversion right, just don't try to spin it too high.

he's right, but all in all if you want to make it easier on yourself but not cheap just buy the ls/vtec conversion kit. CTR pistons are great for ls/vtec due to higher compression than using stock internals i.e. ls.

BTLFED
10-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Where is VtecKidd when you need him? He knows more about N/A crap than I do.

NAIZBST
10-30-2005, 01:18 PM
he is basking on the beach in florida will palma and fistina

BTLFED
10-30-2005, 01:41 PM
he is basking on the beach in florida will palma and fistina

I am going to ask **female's name withheld** if he yells "Skunk 2" during sex. :lmfao:

Vteckidd
10-31-2005, 12:42 AM
bitches!

LS block with what head? with a GSR head its like 13.0:1 compression, and it will blow, the pistons will not clear the deck height , they stick out of the hole. IE the pistons will slam into the deck of the head, and overtime, pound the rod bearings out of the rods, thus spitting arod out your block.

CTR pistons belong in ONE engine, and thats the CTR motor. IMO

BTLFED
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
TADA! The N/A king makes an apearance!

NAIZBST
10-31-2005, 11:40 AM
or yells take my pro 3's in and like it :idb:

IntegraXTR
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
TADA! The N/A king makes an apearance!

and there you have it, nuff said

BTLFED
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
and there you have it, nuff said

VtecKidd is the N/A king. Errbody bes recogniZe!

IntegraXTR
11-01-2005, 05:39 PM
yeh he mine as well go join tsuchiya and keioffice for a living, maybe show them a thing or two

BTLFED
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
yeh he mine as well go join tsuchiya and keioffice for a living, maybe show them a thing or two

What do those two have to do with N/A tuning? :confused:

NAIZBST
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
he is comparing them as mike is the n/a king and they are the drift king

BTLFED
11-02-2005, 11:05 AM
he is comparing them as mike is the n/a king and they are the drift king

Do your Kei Office coilovers allow you to drift your DC? :tongue: