PDA

View Full Version : Need help with headunit.

Nguyen128
02-14-2010, 01:35 PM
So I just got done installing my Pioneer p4100dvd into my 09 Pontiac G5. Everything was working fine then I went for a drive and had some problems. My headunit just flips itself onto "mute" and I can't unmute it. Onstar is working on it but no music is playing. I can't get to the audio controls either when it is muted. Turn signals aren't chiming either. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

Scott P
02-14-2010, 10:33 PM
sounds like it was installed wrong. . . .

Seriously, judging by what you have stated there is a litany of wiring issues you probably have. I would start looking there, or pay someone who actually knows what they are doing to fix it.

hybrid90accord
02-15-2010, 02:05 AM
who or where did you get it installed, and what parts were used, harness etc

Nguyen128
02-15-2010, 08:40 AM
me & a friend did the install.

parts... gmos lan 03, metra dash kit, antenna adapter, pioneer harness it came with, 22-18 guage butt connectors.

BIGRICH
02-15-2010, 08:55 AM
sounds like the gmos lan 03 is bad out of the box....happens frequently. trade it out with another and see if that helps.

the chimes not working is the tell-tale sign that it is bad.

could also be a bad unit....pioneer dvd/nav units are garbage.

Mista Foe-Doe
02-15-2010, 09:18 AM
So I just got done installing my Pioneer p4100dvd into my 09 Pontiac G5. Everything was working fine then I went for a drive and had some problems. My headunit just flips itself onto "mute" and I can't unmute it. Onstar is working on it but no music is playing. I can't get to the audio controls either when it is muted. Turn signals aren't chiming either. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

jus bring it to my boys shop xtreme auto lighting located n kennesaw he will have it working

Nguyen128
02-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Last night when I was driving home it worked for about 20 minutes then screws up again so it might be the wiring. I was gonna try and fix it myself first then bring it to a shop but where is he located at exactly?

MidLifeCrisis
02-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Last night when I was driving home it worked for about 20 minutes then screws up again so it might be the wiring. I was gonna try and fix it myself first then bring it to a shop but where is he located at exactly?

If you're going to use a shop to look at it, use a forum vendor, not some randomly shop suggested. No offense to suggester of said shop.