PDA

View Full Version : Custom Honda Type R

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 04:18 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1599578272.html

Custom Honda Type R 4999 obo - $3999

Date: 2010-02-13, 4:26PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=Custom%20Honda%2 0%20Type%20R%204999%20obo%20-%20%243999&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fatlanta.craigslist.org%2Fa tl%2Fcto%2F1599578272.html%0A) [Errors when replying to ads? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]

This is my Automatic Honda Accord Type R V6 Coupe 1998 149K milage 5000 obo NOT 3999!

Mileage - 149,XXX Year - 1998 Transmission - Automatic
closer to the
Price $4999 OBO THE PRICE is ***********4999 **********or (best offer)... the 1999 listing price, I just wrote that to be more visible, However, I'm looking for 4999 price, ********************NOT the 3999 ************but I will work with you.. Give me your best offer, the worst thing that can happen is I say no, or give you a counter offer.. Please Look and read my listing thuroughly before you call... The Accord is in PERFECT condition.. NOTHING is wrong with it, you wont find another accord on here that was taken care of like mine.. Its GREAT on gas, only 30 + or - 5.. to fill her up.. It has always been serviced by Honda and the 120,000 service for timing belt/water pump replacement service was done. No service lights are on, The car has an indash screen, mp3 ipod hookup, MTX 9500 15 in subwoofer system, Black rims, newer tires, a body kit upgrade, interior upgrade, and cold air intake with a new dual exhaust system.The brakes and calipers have been upgraded for superior pefrormance, Its loaded, heat Air, radar detector, navigation, you name it! It is flawless... PERFECT CONDITION... Similar year and mileaged Accords are sellling for more.. I saw a 1998 with 180000 selling for 4000... ?? My accord is much nicer and cheaper than any Accord on here... Let alone the fact that it is a customised type R automatic's that look and drives immaculately...I'm not greedy nor am I lookng to turn a profit at the expense of my buyer.. Give me your best offer but dont disrespect me please, I will try my best to work with you.. I'm looking for 5000 obo.. The Title is clear, The VIN is 1HGCG2245WA0162297 Your more than welcomed to get it inspected by a mechanic or shop of your choice, I guarantee its in excellent condition. Recent emissions were performed as well.

Please read my description before asking repetitive questions. 1998 Custom Type R Honda Accord 149K miles Perfect Condition $5000 obo Michael... 937-241-3363
Side Note: I will trade this for a car PLUS money, or Maybe a strait trade.. I like Lexus GS/ES (NOT LS400), Infiniti , Nissan, Acura , Volvo S60/S80 etc Not really fond of domestics, I havent been too pleased with there dependability as of late.. But primarily I'm looking to sale. The Car is in EXCELLENT condition, It is the Rare type R accord. AUTOMATIC.. It is the fastest Accord ever made, and still retains the same quality and reliability that Honda's are know for. Definitely a head turner.

Please read my description before asking repetitive questions. 1998 Custom Type R Honda Accord 149K miles Perfect Condition $5000 obo Michael... 937-241-3363 NOT $2000

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
wrong section :(
I forgot I wasn't in the WTF section. Somebody move this for me please?

Elbow
02-13-2010, 04:20 PM
WRONG SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS MOVE THIS!

Finally you can't say that to someone else.

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
WRONG SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS MOVE THIS!

Finally you can't say that to someone else.
Yea but I didn't post in the wrong section because I'm dumb...It was a mistake and I realized that. Jerk

CHADbee
02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
somebody please run the VIN for me and find out if its a EX, LX or DX so i can email him and fuck with him!!!!!!

marcos713
02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
i didnt know they made R kits. and from pics i cant really tell..the car looks to be worth what hes asking b/c thats around the price range for 1 of those for the condition its in. just my:2cents:

CHADbee
02-13-2010, 04:27 PM
i didnt know they made R kits. and from pics i cant really tell..the car looks to be worth what hes asking b/c thats around the price range for 1 of those for the condition its in. just my:2cents:

would you list your car as an integra type-r if you put a ITR front end on it? hell no you wouldnt.

this dude is fakin da funk shawty

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Im already having a text conversation with him right now. I asked him if his car left the factory as a Type R and he swears up and down it did lol. will post the whole conversation in a moment.

Bacon
02-13-2010, 04:29 PM
LX

Relentless
02-13-2010, 04:29 PM
think its a lx..i dont see any sunroof...

CHADbee
02-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Im already having a text conversation with him right now. I asked him if his car left the factory as a Type R and he swears up and down it did lol. will post the whole conversation in a moment.

WIN!!!! :lmfao:

Bacon
no sunroof or dual exhaust

CHADbee
rob tell him the carfax says its an LX!!!!

Relentless
02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
lol

Scotsman
02-13-2010, 04:39 PM
moved

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 04:44 PM
moved

Thanks. Reps. And I'm gonna mess with him some more Chad

quickdodgeŽ
02-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Type R's were NOT automatic.
Type R's did NOT have a V6 engine.
Type R's were RHD.
Type R's had Recaro seats.

Not to mention that the VIN shows back as an LX model. I'm going to E-mail him and ask him why he is scamming people. Later, QD.

silverDA
02-13-2010, 04:56 PM
;)

first ever fake factory Type R.

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Type R's were NOT automatic.
Type R's did NOT have a V6 engine.
Type R's were RHD.
Type R's had Recaro seats.

Not to mention that the VIN shows back as an LX model. I'm going to E-mail him and ask him why he is scamming people. Later, QD.
Don't do it yet QD let me have my fun.

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Conversation is being uploaded right now

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/LexiZ31/convo1.png
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/LexiZ31/convo11.png
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/LexiZ31/convo111.png
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww231/LexiZ31/convo1111.png

Scotsman
02-13-2010, 05:18 PM
buhahahahahahahahaha , f'n epic

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM
buhahahahahahahahaha , f'n epic
I called him out...he still wont admit it.

CHADbee
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM
WOW

lol

tell him the carfax lists it as at DX and see what he says lol

jdm>usdm
02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
LULZ!

Im about to get in on this fun.

Genji-Sama
02-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Lol, that convo is an EPIC win. This thread get a :goodjob: and reps

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 05:32 PM
He just said "I bought it under the impression that it was ignorant fast, faster than my t5 twin turbo volvo s60. If thats not enough I dont know what is"

:lmao:

quickdodgeŽ
02-13-2010, 05:33 PM
My E-mail to the guy:

I have a question to ask you in regards to your Honda Accord you are selling. You list it is as a Type R. Now, being familiar with Hondas, I do know that the Type R Accord was never brought stateside and that it never had a six cylinder engine nor were they equipped with automatic transmissions. Now you gave out the vehicle identification number and it is a correct number, but it tracks back to a 1998 Honda Accord LX. Not a Type R.

Can you sell a car, advertising it as one model, and it not be that model? Are you able to provide proof that this is, indeed, an original Type R or is this really an LX model that has Type R badges on it?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
tell him the carfax lists it as at DX and see what he says lol

It actually comes back as an LX. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 05:37 PM
My E-mail to the guy:

I have a question to ask you in regards to your Honda Accord you are selling. You list it is as a Type R. Now, being familiar with Hondas, I do know that the Type R Accord was never brought stateside and that it never had a six cylinder engine nor were they equipped with automatic transmissions. Now you gave out the vehicle identification number and it is a correct number, but it tracks back to a 1998 Honda Accord LX. Not a Type R.

Can you sell a car, advertising it as one model, and it not be that model? Are you able to provide proof that this is, indeed, an original Type R or is this really an LX model that has Type R badges on it?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Later, QD.
This guy doesnt seem to care. He said "its faster than any other accord I have ever driven so thats all the proof I need"

Send him the carfax QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-13-2010, 05:38 PM
I'll see how he responds, then send him a link to it. Later, QD.

DC2NR
02-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll see how he responds, then send him a link to it. Later, QD.

Lol I'd like to hear his reply. Or even "if" he replies.

quickdodgeŽ
02-13-2010, 06:05 PM
My E-mail to the guy:

Thank you for your cooperation.Later, QD.

His reply:

The person I bought it from identified it as a type r.. Period.. It doesnt have sound deading in the doors nor does it handle like any accord ive driven.. Its really nice and I've only owned for about a month..

My reply to that:

I'll be honest, and I'm not at all trying to be condescending to you, but this car is not a Type R. Type Rs were right hand drive cars as they were in the European market. And I reiterate that there were no V6 engines or automatic transmissions in these cars. They also came with Recaro racing seats.

I have a strong feeling that if you are telling the truth that you bought this car with the understanding that it was a Type R, then you were scammed by the seller. There is nothing about the car that says Type R. You can a VIN check yourself for free and it will tell you that this is an Accord LX.

Later, QD.

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 06:07 PM
His reply:

The person I bought it from identified it as a type r.. Period.. It doesnt have sound deading in the doors nor does it handle like any accord ive driven.. Its really nice and I've only owned for about a month..

My reply to that:

I'll be honest, and I'm not at all trying to be condescending to you, but this car is not a Type R. Type Rs were right hand drive cars as they were in the European market. And I reiterate that there were no V6 engines or automatic transmissions in these cars. They also came with Recaro racing seats.

I have a strong feeling that if you are telling the truth that you bought this car with the understanding that it was a Type R, then you were scammed by the seller. There is nothing about the car that says Type R. You can a VIN check yourself for free and it will tell you that this is an Accord LX.

Later, QD.

same thing he tried to tell me haha

NJSC
02-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Well he's changed his ad now.

RallyMazda01
02-13-2010, 07:45 PM
he never changed the ad. lolol. he still belive's its a type r

SUBY_RUE
02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
It has been deleted from craigslist....

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 08:13 PM
It has been deleted from craigslist....
The link in the OP still works for me :thinking:

SUBY_RUE
02-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Its telling me that its been flaged for removal...

Me86Rob
02-13-2010, 08:20 PM
weird its letting me open it.

RallyMazda01
02-13-2010, 08:22 PM
He changed it http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1599899662.html
but it still has the same description about being a type R

Sol-Badguy
02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
LOLOLOLOL

quickdodgeŽ
02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
He changed it because of me, lolol. Here is his latest reply to my last E-mail:

I fixed the listing but dude noone except car enthusiast even knows what the hell a type r is... I was sold the accord for a good price, its fast good on gas, reliable and looks damn good.. So whats the big deal????? I did put a disclaimer on my listing, thank you for pointing that out, i honestly didnt know.. Just be more considrate as i myself isnt a car enthusiast and dont care.. I just thoughtr type r sounded cool when i bought it and thought it would make my listing stand out

He said he typed in Type R because he thought it sounded cool. Lolol.

And my response:

What do you mean "be more considerate?" I was nice enough to let you know that you had misprinted your ad to lead people to believe a falsehood about your car. I was neither rude nor crass in my messages. And the "big deal" is the fact that you were attempting to mislead people. There is not one person that has seen this ad that thinks this is a Type R. Everyone knew it wasn't.

Good luck with your sale, man.

Later, QD.

EG-24K
02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
hahhahha

Me86Rob
02-14-2010, 02:00 AM
He changed it because of me, lolol. Here is his latest reply to my last E-mail:

I fixed the listing but dude noone except car enthusiast even knows what the hell a type r is... I was sold the accord for a good price, its fast good on gas, reliable and looks damn good.. So whats the big deal????? I did put a disclaimer on my listing, thank you for pointing that out, i honestly didnt know.. Just be more considrate as i myself isnt a car enthusiast and dont care.. I just thoughtr type r sounded cool when i bought it and thought it would make my listing stand out

He said he typed in Type R because he thought it sounded cool. Lolol.

And my response:

What do you mean "be more considerate?" I was nice enough to let you know that you had misprinted your ad to lead people to believe a falsehood about your car. I was neither rude nor crass in my messages. And the "big deal" is the fact that you were attempting to mislead people. There is not one person that has seen this ad that thinks this is a Type R. Everyone knew it wasn't.

Good luck with your sale, man.

Later, QD.
Lol I'm pretty sure he changed it because of me. I made an ad about his listing being a scam. I've already gotten 2 replies off of it haha.

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Lol I'm pretty sure he changed it because of me.

Well I think we can say it was because of our tag teaming efforts. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
02-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Well I think we can say it was because of our tag teaming efforts. Later, QD.
:gay:

Genji-Sama
02-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Lol, fairty tale ending to this story. Good job IA team!!!

deutshwise
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
i actually called this guy too and told him how excited i was to finally find a type R and that i would meet him today to buy the car. he swore that it was a type R because it said so on the title. i told him i did not want to rip him off because a type R id worth at least 7k so i would pay him 7k if he would meet me. guy didn't want to meet at his house but kept saying he'd rather meet at a parking lot in atlanta. guy is a scammer