PDA

View Full Version : eg hatch vs nsx never saw it coming

morelian09
10-29-2005, 11:34 AM
last night was crazy some of my frriends and i went to commerce and i did a sucky as time of 14.6 (i need beter tires) after that we went to the waffle house next to best buy to meet up with some friends who were already there. we pulled in and chiled for a while i met some new people like this one girl who drives a red celica she's cool. when i was leaving i told this white gsr with a black fender if he wanted to run a civic he said ok and sure enough i took him about one or two cars and went home but then my friend calls me and tells me the guy driving the gsr was telling everybody he beat me. he was just bull shitting me so i could go back so i did and found out he was just lying. so we decided to go one the hwy were i raced the gsr again same out come. and i took susan's lexas as well as my friends red civic. on the way back i saw my friend miguel with the red civic on the ass of an nsx i could't belive it. the nex pulled him like a car or two at the start of 5th. so i said screw it and when i was bearly getting next to the nsx he guns it i said o shit and slamed fourth but he took of to soon all i could do was stay on his ass. so he slows down and i pull next to him and drop third he does the same and we go. i couldn't belive i was still with him and the shocker to me and diego who was in the car with me, i started to pull the nsx and when i hit the breaks i was two or three cars ahead i was amazed and didn't know what to say! we got back to the meeting spot and all of us were like wholy shit did that just happen.

fstDC-5
10-29-2005, 12:08 PM
:idb: yeah it happend :lmfao:

Tank
10-29-2005, 12:12 PM
damn good kill whats the civic running man and was the nsx stock

iloveboost
10-29-2005, 12:14 PM
NSXs were never known for their straightline performance.

Tank
10-29-2005, 12:20 PM
^true

morelian09
10-29-2005, 12:23 PM
i nsx look stock but even though i still am surprised at what happened

Speedm0(\)key
10-29-2005, 12:35 PM
NSXs were never known for their straightline performance.

doesnt mean it isnt fast on top end.. for example.. my 350.. isnt known for its straightline performance.. but with a good driver.. it can surprise a few on the hwy. there is no way this NSX .. if being a newer one gave it all it had. again not starting shit.

Ncturnal
10-29-2005, 01:01 PM
And even if you did beat him (which claiming victory on the streets never really counts IMO) I'd still take the NSX over a Civic 10 days a week. I'm sure if you were at a track like Barbers or Road Atlanta, the only time you'd see that NSX is when it was lapping you. If the truth be known, the NSX was probably annoyed that you were pestering him, and like I said, beating a car that isn't really racing you is not a victory.

1439/2000
10-29-2005, 01:10 PM
NSX's arent really that quick. Especially the older ones. I romped on about 3 with my 240.

aCrdinglyslO
10-29-2005, 06:38 PM
POSSUM!!! I ALREADY POSTED IT UP!!! LOL....nice kill!!!..I was the one driving the red Civic....tha' NSX was like a 92 or 93'....ran and looked stock so....but common'...its a NSX!!...hehe...Ncturnal...are we hating?....hmm....well you weren't there to see it so....blah'....what does it matter anywayz... He was in it....his ass droped and pushed it...now, if it was a newer one like tha' 02's 03's whatever?, it might have been different...

punkr6
10-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Look your hatch isnt fast cause you beat a old ass nsx with a 50 year old man driving it that knows nothing about racing, infact he probly didnt know what was going on. A 97 and older nsx only runs low 14 to start with not to mention there built for handling and bling factor. Fact of the mater is beat someone that IS fast then post it.....

Speedm0(\)key
10-30-2005, 03:27 PM
guys guys, its getting out of control

its cool that he beat an an NSX. street runs do count IMO
its good that a idiot driver in a decent car can lose to a better driver in a much slower car.

i need to race an older NSX's.. i dont know how much slower they are... i've seen high 12's out of the 03-04's at good traps.

punkr6
10-30-2005, 10:15 PM
guys guys, its getting out of control

its cool that he beat an an NSX. street runs do count IMO
its good that a idiot driver in a decent car can lose to a better driver in a much slower car.

i need to race an older NSX's.. i dont know how much slower they are... i've seen high 12's out of the 03-04's at good traps.
Maybe a modded nsx, I worked at acura for 3 years and drove many nsx's and there slow.......... Period. Ive seen boosted nsxs run low 13s wopdy fucking do that just dont get it done around here.

Speedm0(\)key
10-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Maybe a modded nsx, I worked at acura for 3 years and drove many nsx's and there slow.......... Period. Ive seen boosted nsxs run low 13s wopdy fucking do that just dont get it done around here.

low 13's for a boosted early 90's NSX i beleive

new ones are fast. period

Ncturnal
10-30-2005, 10:41 PM
There is a ton more to a car's performance than it's ability to run the 1/4 mile. Take an NSX to the track or the mountains and tell me it's slow.....considering you know how to drive it. http://www.norcalevo.net/video/motegibattle.wmv Watch that video and show any any Civic that could do as well against those cars as the NSX did. There is a reason the NSX is in the super-car class. So it's not the fastest car in the 1/4. Whoopty fucking do. I'll take one over any Civic any day.

Negrodamus
10-30-2005, 11:27 PM
True^^^^Gimmie a bone stock NSX over a "modded" "super tuned" civic anyday.

yudalicious
10-31-2005, 08:02 AM
yea the NSX sucks, guess Honda really dropped the ball on the NSX, they should've just released a civic hatchback with 14 inch steelies and wal-mart tires that runs 14s because hey, who cares if it doesn't turn, as long as it goes fast in a straight line.

Nopaintsls
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
I call BULLSHIT!!!!

Nopaintsls
10-31-2005, 04:30 PM
:idb: yeah it happend :lmfao:

and you ARE?!?! :confused:

Nopaintsls
10-31-2005, 04:31 PM
doesnt mean it isnt fast on top end.. for example.. my 350.. isnt known for its straightline performance.. but with a good driver.. it can surprise a few on the hwy. there is no way this NSX .. if being a newer one gave it all it had. again not starting shit.

they're all young.. It was like a 91 nsx

JMCIVIC01
10-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE NSX BUT WHEN IT COMES TO STRAIGHT AWAYS THEY ARE BOO BOO.

aCrdinglyslO
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Look your hatch isnt fast cause you beat a old ass nsx with a 50 year old man driving it that knows nothing about racing, infact he probly didnt know what was going on. A 97 and older nsx only runs low 14 to start with not to mention there built for handling and bling factor. Fact of the mater is beat someone that IS fast then post it.....

HAHAHAHAHAHHA...LOL....damn...sound kinda' harsh there huh?....Is this Shane?....ahha...crazy yO'.....

Jehu
11-07-2005, 02:48 PM
last night was crazy some of my frriends and i went to commerce and i did a sucky as time of 14.6 (i need beter tires)
Can you post your slip? What was your trap? An EG with a C5 swap, right? Ever dyno?

I'm just curious...

Hektik
11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Well for what ever its worth. He still took a $40k car with a civic so I still give him props.http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/look.gif

wantboost
11-07-2005, 06:09 PM
yea the NSX sucks, guess Honda really dropped the ball on the NSX, they should've just released a civic hatchback with 14 inch steelies and wal-mart tires that runs 14s because hey, who cares if it doesn't turn, as long as it goes fast in a straight line.
i hope that was a joke lol

Vteckidd
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
this kid is boasting about how fast his car is REPEATEDLY, and it ran 14.6.

An nsx is not a fast car, take it to a mtn run, and he'll leave you. They are track cars, not highway cars.

go beat a fast car and post back ;)

JDMracer16
11-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Any car can go 90mph in a straight line, now do 90mph around a decent corner and then your doing something!

Ncturnal
11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
this kid is boasting about how fast his car is REPEATEDLY, and it ran 14.6.

An nsx is not a fast car, take it to a mtn run, and he'll leave you. They are track cars, not highway cars.

go beat a fast car and post back ;)

http://www.ncturnal.com/postpics/149_g.jpg