PDA

View Full Version : Shady stuff going on....

aguynamedpat
02-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Alright so a buddy got his w2 the other day, and my dad was looking at it because he was doing his taxes for him. The wages box looked like it was too low. Well he kept his hours logged on his computer and when he looked.... The wages box was over $350 shorter than his taxable wages were. He got in touch with a few other people from his company, and theirs were all short as well. One of them was over $1000 short. So the company was claiming they paid these employees less than they actually did.

The labor board has been contacted. But my question is why in the hell would they do this? What is the benefit to them by doing so? The company is EXTREMELY shady anyway and I have been trying to get him to look for another job for a while but he doesnt seem to like the idea...

Cliffs: Company telling gov't they paid employees less than they actually did. Why would they do this?

§treet_§peed
02-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Lame ass pieces of shit. That's why.

matthewAPM
02-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Because you didnt do a BURNOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aguynamedpat
02-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Lame ass pieces of shit. That's why.

This is the truth.

Because you didnt do a BURNOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol wut

5speed
02-11-2010, 07:31 PM
A friend of mine used to be a mechanic at Courtesy Ford in Conyers and they did the same to him. He took pictures of his time card and video of when he would clock in and out on his phone. He caught them not logging it right and had them reported and gained extra money in a lawsuit.

aguynamedpat
02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
The thing is he was only there for a month, and during this month he was NEVER given a login or anything, he was told to record his hours on his computer. The two paychecks he got were hand written too so he was never put in their payroll system the whole time he was there, so he has no solid evidence against this. The others do but he does not.

JJSPEC Racing
02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
The company has to pay X amount of dollars in taxes. Not just Federal and State but other taxes as well. So if they are claiming they paid less they would not be paying as much tax. Not the right thing to do at all. Just remember though, if they report every penny they paid to the employee, it may put that employee in a higher tax bracket which would make that employee owe more taxes also. This is not scrupulous and it is not fair to the companies that do report their earnings correctly. I hate carrying the extra load for the companies that dont do things the right way.

toxxxic
02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Because the company has to pay taxes on how much the employees make. Less money paid out, less taxes.

aguynamedpat
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah but they ACTUALLY paid him like $800 total, and the extra $172 was taken out in taxes. He brought home from the company a little over $800, but the company is reporting to the gov't that they only paid him $630... So while looking at their business logs, wouldnt this show them making more profit, thus them being taxed more as a business?

aguynamedpat
02-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Basically like this:

Taxable wages: $975
Money brought home: $815
Difference in taxes: $160

Wages company reported to gov't: $630
Difference in actual taxed wages, and reported taxed wages: $345

Give or take a few bucks on all of this.

matthewAPM
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
JUST DO A DAMN BURNOUT!

JJSPEC Racing
02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah but they ACTUALLY paid him like $800 total, and the extra $172 was taken out in taxes. He brought home from the company a little over $800, but the company is reporting to the gov't that they only paid him $630... So while looking at their business logs, wouldnt this show them making more profit, thus them being taxed more as a business?

No, not if they didnt claim all their own business income. 800 income for him = more than 120 extra tax dollars for that employee plus the amount of all the other employees extra tax dollars. It could be a sizeable amount at the end of the year.

DVSRX-7
02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Because the company has to pay taxes on how much the employees make. Less money paid out, less taxes.

this!

& figure 8 stlye donuts. :goodjob:

ScrapMetalDSM
02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Wow. Good thing I work for a huge corporation. I wouldnt think my company would do this to its employees. Yet at the same time knowing how the company is run, it wouldnt surprise me.

Bajjani
02-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Alright so a buddy got his w2 the other day, and my dad was looking at it because he was doing his taxes for him. The wages box looked like it was too low. Well he kept his hours logged on his computer and when he looked.... The wages box was over $350 shorter than his taxable wages were. He got in touch with a few other people from his company, and theirs were all short as well. One of them was over $1000 short. So the company was claiming they paid these employees less than they actually did.

The labor board has been contacted. But my question is why in the hell would they do this? What is the benefit to them by doing so? The company is EXTREMELY shady anyway and I have been trying to get him to look for another job for a while but he doesnt seem to like the idea...

Cliffs: Company telling gov't they paid employees less than they actually did. Why would they do this?

Does he have insurance through the company or any nontaxable income (ie cell phone reimb or vehicle reimb?) If so then your info wont match your gross pay. Most medical is pretax, along with 401k and HSA. Though 401k and HSA should be put on the w2.

Bajjani
02-12-2010, 10:20 AM
No, not if they didnt claim all their own business income. 800 income for him = more than 120 extra tax dollars for that employee plus the amount of all the other employees extra tax dollars. It could be a sizeable amount at the end of the year.

The catch to this is, there are two sides to taxes being paid; the side the employee sees and the side the employer pays. Company side of taxes range from 20-33% of what an employee makes. If they have been lying about their tax payments, this could be why

BKgen®
02-12-2010, 10:22 AM
JUST DO A DAMN BURNOUT!

Yeah -- Or if he really wants to be dramatic, he can spin out while trying to drift and get hit by an EF. That sounds a lot cooler.

Kasper
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
There doin that to my girlfriend.. except there saying on her w2 that they paid her 4k more then what they actually did!? makes no sense to me and no one will give her a straight answer on why there doing that. oh and pepboys just isnt takeing enough taxes outa my check so i owe almost a grand now..

aguynamedpat
02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Does he have insurance through the company or any nontaxable income (ie cell phone reimb or vehicle reimb?) If so then your info wont match your gross pay. Most medical is pretax, along with 401k and HSA. Though 401k and HSA should be put on the w2.

No benefits, no reimbursements, nothing. Straight up hourly pay, thats it.

bdydrpdmazda
02-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Yep...

Doppelgänger
02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
IA...... just the place I think to ask for financial information lol.....not.