PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Cheapest and reputable tuner?

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Friend is looking for the cheapest tuner, but has good reputation with tuning skills. Car is b16 with hondata s300, t25 turbo.
So far everyone is quoting 400+. this seems high, but if anyone has suggestions lmk! reps given:cheers:

Big Baller
02-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Friend is looking for the cheapest tuner, but has good reputation with tuning skills. Car is b16 with hondata s300, t25 turbo.
So far everyone is quoting 400+. this seems high, but if anyone has suggestions lmk! reps given:cheers:

Yeah I always search out the cheapest option when I am putting the reliability of my car in someones hands....you sir are a dumb ass

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 12:13 PM

So much fail in this post.

So you're telling me everyone charges about the same amount of money, yet you think it's too much? Usually the shops set the market price and if $400ish is what you are being told that's what it takes.

You want someone someone with a good reputation but don't want to pay him for his experience?

Quit being cheap

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Balanced Performance charges by the hour not a flate rate! 678-546-3133

00 blk G20t
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Pay the 400$ or learn to do it yourself. Your only gonna have so many options in this area. It might be cheaper in other places, but that defeats the purpose if you have to drive far.I wouldn't trust anyone to do work on my cars unless I KNOW they know what they are doing and have done if not that exact setup something similar.

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah I always search out the cheapest option when I am putting the reliability of my car in someones hands....you sir are a dumb ass

lol stfu dumb bitch. thats why i asked cheapest REPUTABLE.

So much fail in this post.

So you're telling me everyone charges about the same amount of money, yet you think it's too much? Usually the shops set the market price and if $400ish is what you are being told that's what it takes.

You want someone someone with a good reputation but don't want to pay him for his experience?

Quit being cheap

so much bitchass response in this post. I dont want pay an arm and a leg for a tune and i think 400 is too much because my friends got theirs tuned for 200+/- . If you dont want to respond with something useful then stfu

kk thanks i'll give them a call

blacknightteg
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
scotty from mainstream

Big Baller
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM

LOL, just another bitch ass kid

browningboy7
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
That is like saying that you want a really cheap hooker, But she's gotta be really hot and not have aids. gtfo

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
so just because someone doesnt charge alot of money, that automatically makes them a bad tuner. SO if scotty charges me 5 dollars to tune that would mean that he sucks right?! lmfao stfu plz

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 01:47 PM
LOL, just another bitch ass kid

LOL, just another bitch ass i.a user

GGPIS3
02-11-2010, 01:51 PM
sounds like you are looking for a jumbo shrimp. do you see the flaw in your thinking or posting? you want a "reputable" yet cheap tuner....... thats like oil and water. the 2 don't mix. you gotta pay to play. if you want a reputable tuner, then be prepared to pay for a reputable tuner. most shops charge $150-160/ hour. 400 for a full tune is a great deal. i've seen people pay upwards of 1,500-2000 for a full tune.

G.C
02-11-2010, 01:56 PM
only good response in this thread.

G.C
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Take the bullshit somewhere else. Think about this. Walmart and Fry's selling the same exact TV for different prices, the cheaper one is no better or worse then the more expensive one.

He's not asking for the best tuner for the cheapest price, all he's asking for is someone with good reputation and some tuning skills for a cheaper price.

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Most shops charge $150-160 to tune. Most people a boosted car takes 3 hours for power pulls, driveability etc. $150x3=$450, you're getting off easy.

$200 for a full dyno tune? Are you kidding me? If you want it to be cheap go buy a $30000 dyno and do it yourself.

Tuners have THEIR hourly rate then they have to pay the owner of the dyno.

You might find someone to do a halfass street tune for $200

tell your friend to pay for someone that knows what they are doing like Scotty whose tuned over 1000 hondas it costs money. This isn't a negotiation. You pay for a service.

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Take the bullshit somewhere else. Think about this. Walmart and Fry's selling the same exact TV for different prices, the cheaper one is no better or worse then the more expensive one.

He's not asking for the best tuner for the cheapest price, all he's asking for is someone with good reputation and some tuning skills for a cheaper price.

Learn to read.

He said everyone wants $400 and that's too high so he wants it cheaper. Ed won't tune that car for $200 I guarantee it.

Your anaolgy sucks. It's not like Scotty said $400 and Ed said $350 and he wants to knows who's better. He's saying they charge too much and wants it cheaper.

Sorry kid you have to pay to play. I can't believe in this day n age people still skimp out on tuning.

Take it where your friends took it for $200

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Learn to read.

He said everyone wants $400 and that's too high so he wants it cheaper. Ed won't tune that car for $200 I guarantee it.

I said this SEEMS HIGH. maybe YOU should learn to read. Maybe i should rephrase the question sense some of the dumbasses dont understand:

Out of ALL OF THE GOOD tuners whose prices are highest/lowest.

alpine_aw11
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
just get one of those sweet ass ebay chips for your car, it should be more around your price point

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
You should know you checked with everyone already remember?

Scotty will be the cheapest but you already know that an to think it's too high

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I said this SEEMS HIGH. maybe YOU should learn to read. Maybe i should rephrase the question sense some of the dumbasses dont understand:

Out of ALL OF THE GOOD tuners whose prices are highest/lowest.

Scotty Ed or Dan are great tuners with long resumes. Maybe if you looked in the tuning thread you would know this

They should all charge between $400-500 for a boosted car with NO ISSUES

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Scotty Ed or Dan are great tuners with long resumes. Maybe if you looked in the tuning thread you would know this

They should all charge between $400-500 for a boosted car with NO ISSUES

So you couldnt have said this exact statement in ur first post? would have been 10times more helpful

David88vert
02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
so much bitchass response in this post. I dont want pay an arm and a leg for a tune and i think 400 is too much because my friends got theirs tuned for 200+/- . If you dont want to respond with something useful then stfu

$400 is cheap for a quality tune. You can spend a lot more than that if you want it to be perfect.

$200 sounds like someone is doing a street tune, not a dyno tune. Dyno time costs money, some one has to pay for it. Since it is your car, you ultimately have to pay for it. If a $200 tune is so good, why did you ask on here, rather than calling your friends?

Go to a shop with a good reputation, spend the money. It is worth your piece of mind to know that your engine isn't going to blow up due to a poor tune the next time you step on the gas pedal.

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
$400 is cheap for a quality tune. You can spend a lot more than that if you want it to be perfect.

$200 sounds like someone is doing a street tune, not a dyno tune. Dyno time costs money, some one has to pay for it. Since it is your car, you ultimately have to pay for it. If a $200 tune is so good, why did you ask on here, rather than calling your friends?

Go to a shop with a good reputation, spend the money. It is worth your piece of mind to know that your engine isn't going to blow up due to a poor tune the next time you step on the gas pedal.

because one of my friends got his tuned by turbo Dave at mainstream for no more then 200, however this was a year ago, but he said 400 seemed high. This is why i ask.

David88vert
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
because one of my friends got his tuned by turbo Dave at mainstream for no more then 200, however this was a year ago, but he said 400 seemed high. This is why i ask.

Then you could have checked Turbo Dave's site and seen his rates:

Dyno tuning done by appointment rates are
$100.00 per hr for Basic tuning(AFC,Boost Controler,Carb,Timing Adjustments.
$150.00 per Hr on Aftermarket computers and Piggy back systems.

bigdare23
02-11-2010, 02:30 PM
LOL@this thread.

You have to factor in the which EMS your using, and the fact that your car is boosted. Shops/people tend to charge more to tune Hondata compared to Chrome or such. Also shops tend to charge more for tuning boosted cars also. You have to factor in everything. Plus, when did these guys get tuned? Prices tend to go up each year. I would just bite the bullet, and get a respectable tune my car and be done with it.

-S Double C-
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
scotty from mainstream

oh yeah thats real cheap 420 for a stock motor tune on like 7lbs or race gas tune for 520...might as well ship yo shit to john evans for that kinda money

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 02:46 PM
You guys are nuts.

So Scotty who is arguably the best Honda tuner in Georgia or the one with the
most experience, is supposed to lower his rates to compete with guys who haven't tuned 1/100th the cars he has?

Tuning isn't different than any other job. With experience your rates go up, you charge people for your expertise. Why should YOU dictate what he charges? It's apparent all the top tuners in Georgia charge roughly the same rate +/- $50. That means that's the rate for a reputable tuner. That's the cost for using a wideband , a dyno, software, data cables etc all the shit YOU don't have.

I highly doubt turbodave would tune a turbo car for $200 when he doesn't even own a dyno anyway. You telling me he tunes cars for $50 an hour?

Even so Dave is a great fabricator and a friend, but you can't compare his Honda resume with scottys or eds. Dave is a Nissan/Toyota guy, not saying he can't do it, but comparing him to Scotty is like saying Scotty can fabricate as good as Dave.

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
So Scotty who is arguably the best Honda tuner in Georgia or the one with the most experience, .

Sorry i just fell out my chair :lmfao:...... Define the bold for me please?

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Scottys tuned far more 200-400whp Honda/Acura in the last 5 years than Ed easily.

Scotty does 3-10 cars a week. He's done over 1000 civics/integras in the last 5 years alone that's cars not counting retunes on same car.

You can't honestly believe Scotty hasn't tuned the MOST hondas ?

Ed doesn't give a shit about 250whp hondas lol he does race car stuff. He doesn't do crome either only hondata.

Ed is perfectly capable but the guy tuning the most hondas is Scotty by far

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't want this to be a pissing match over who the "best tuner is".

My point is there are three great tuners I'm Atlanta, Ed Scotty and Dan. They all charge around the same price.

So one should deduce that a quality tune from a shop with a dyno is $400ish

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Scottys tuned far more 200-400whp Honda/Acura in the last 5 years than Ed easily.

Scotty does 3-10 cars a week. He's done over 1000 civics/integras in the last 5 years alone that's cars not counting retunes on same car.

You can't honestly believe Scotty hasn't tuned the MOST hondas ?

Ed doesn't give a shit about 250whp hondas lol he does race car stuff. He doesn't do crome either only hondata.

Ed is perfectly capable but the guy tuning the most hondas is Scotty by far

Agreed, but that doesnt DEFINE him as the "BEST". QUANITY dont equal QUALITY!!! just saying

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Agreed, but that doesnt DEFINE him as the "BEST". QUANITY dont equal QUALITY!!! just saying

Ehhh the only thing I think Ed has over Scotty is he can tune more systems and he has more experience on high hp cars 650+ whp). Scotty has tuned his fair share but l concede Ed has prob done more

I think anything under 600whp Scotty Ed are the same. Both have loyal customers and huge resumes, you don't get to tune that many cars by getting a bad reputation.

EmminoDaGreat
02-11-2010, 04:49 PM

You always praise praise praise, yet YOUR shit always runs like complete ass. Nuf' said.

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
You always praise praise prai
se, yet YOUR shit always runs like complete ass. Nuf' said.

U have a biased opinion!! And just for you info ED hasnt tuned the new car at all.And i learned my leason about mixing Q16 with C16 gas!

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Mony used to have Scotty and Ed tune all his cars FYI. Tons of h+m customers were sent to Scotty from mony.

Scotty I think went to flat rate after so many people kept coming in with tons of electrical and mechanical issues on cars not ready to tune. He used to charge hourly, some kid would shop up with 7 check engine lights, Scotty would spend an hour trying to trouble shoot it. Then the kid would bitch when Scotty charged him an hour for diagnostics/labor because Scotty "didn't tune his car"

The problem with this thread is the way the op posted the question. Sometimes you dont try to find the cheapest person , you pay to have it done right.

Scotty Ed and Dan won't get in a price war they know what their time is worth.

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
That's becuase they didn't have a dyno yet..but I guess everyone have their own :2cents:..

is the same guy who did the tuning for the old H&M Motorsports.

How when H&M didnt have a dyno eighter!!!

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
That's becuase they didn't have a dyno yet..but I guess everyone have their own :2cents:..

Uh mony brought all his cars to Scotty or Ed. Mony has only learned how to tune in the last 2-3 years IMO. If mony could tune he could have rented mainstreams dyno and done it himself instead of paying Scotty to do it.

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
DING DING!!..They're great people and you should go check them out when you get the chance...:goodjob:

exactly. his reply was something i was looking for, however thread went to shits lol

-S Double C-
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
my daily driver was built by h&m and who ever tuned this car is garbage! Ill be glad when i get my integra tomorrow from florida to throw this swap in it and take it to jjspec.

Vteckidd
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
exactly. his reply was something i was looking for, however thread went to shits lol

You're looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear instead of people who know what they are talking about.

You cannot find a GOoD dyno tuner for $200. Isn't going to happen any tuner worth a shit charges $70-100 an hour PLUS dyno time.

If I would have posted "check out douchebag motorsports they tune and charge $50 a car" you would have said "thanks!"

you aren't looking for the best tuner you're looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear that there is a great tuner for $200.

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Shit ill tune it for 200, i cant guarntee it will make it home!!!! :)

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Wow you where looking for someone too say them, want a cookie? If you already knew why make such a post.

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
So wait a second the whole time you wanted to hear Import experts... Get the fuck out of here with that bull shit!!!

where the fuck did it say that i wanted to hear import experts? i was asking for suggestions this whole time while u dumb bitches were saying "oh u want to be cheap" fucking idiot

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Lol good luck guys in this thread make over 700whp are giving you advice and you won't listen

you did Scotty Ed and Dan a favor, they don't want cheap customers like you or your friend .

You missed the whole point of this thread. You are going to go to an inexperienced place to get your car tuned and say it's as good as guys like Scotty and ed and Dan.

You get what you pay for.

I never even said who i was going to yet. Dude offered a suggestion where to take it and i said it was a good reply. So clearly you're missing the point of this thread

B18c1Turboed
02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
You really do define the term MORON!!!

GGPIS3
02-11-2010, 06:37 PM
/thread. this shit is going no where. bottom line, any "reputable" tuner isn't going to waste his time doing a full tune for 200. now maybe if you are a close friend or a relative, maybe... otherwise, good luck finding anyone who is worthy for that little amount of money.

sam.car
02-11-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.carterrace.com/

umairejaz
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
www.tunemycarfor$200.com

KodyH
02-11-2010, 08:51 PM

Cheap and reliable. You can only have one sir.

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2010, 09:28 PM
www.tunemycarfor$200.com

i never said anywhere that im expecting to pay 200$ so u fail.

Vuongy_Dong
02-11-2010, 11:24 PM
ED at Balanced tuned a gsr i built with a precision sc61 at 22 psi in a lil under 2 hours. An Rsx i did, same thing. In under a lil 2 hours.

Boostedek
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
ED at Balanced tuned a gsr i built with a precision sc61 at 22 psi in a lil under 2 hours. An Rsx i did, same thing. In under a lil 2 hours.

Ed also tuned both of my friends boosted gsr del sol and boosted h22 accord all under 2 hours..it was around 200-250 a car..

del sol made 520 on 22 psi
accord made 320 on 10 psi..had idle issue..

MeFryRice
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Another factor I would consider is, is there any sort of tune on the car now? That could be a price factor as well as the current tun can be tweaked opposed to having to spend hours creating a base map, etc.

G.C
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
/thread. this shit is going no where. bottom line, any "reputable" tuner isn't going to waste his time doing a full tune for 200. now maybe if you are a close friend or a relative, maybe... otherwise, good luck finding anyone who is worthy for that little amount of money.

Looks like your wrong. Unless Ed at Balanced is not a "reputable" tuner.

Ed also tuned both of my friends boosted gsr del sol and boosted h22 accord all under 2 hours..it was around 200-250 a car..

del sol made 520 on 22 psi
accord made 320 on 10 psi..had idle issue..

Vteckidd
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I've never heard anyone going to Ed for that cheap

but call him and find out

j0nbunklah0m
02-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Looks like your wrong. Unless Ed at Balanced is not a "reputable" tuner.

hahahahaha:cheers: all that arguing. WOOOPS!