PDA

View Full Version : What is

trajedy
02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
the highest paying career in the computer technology field on average?

guinness
02-09-2010, 05:49 PM
CEO,lol.but if you're just an employee and not the CEO,then it would in my opinion be either an architect or CTO. just my :2cents: on the topic.

joecoolfreak
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
The top security professionals make the biggest salaries in my experience, but there are only a select few that are capable of making it to the top, just like any other field.

jorgen
02-09-2010, 09:53 PM
whats wrong with 100K/yearly for a masters degree?
nothing.
it management.

joecoolfreak
02-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Um, you don't necessarily need a masters for that. I do quite well without any degree or certification. That being said, most well qualified security professionals make 300-500/yr, so we aren't even talking the same league.

trajedy
02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
security professionals? as in?

Allshow97
02-10-2010, 07:06 AM

You want to make big bucks eh? CISSP or CCIE two of the highest certifications that both sport big bucks. Most CISSPs and/or CCIEs are the top dogs at major corporations and are paid well to make sure that their multisite networks are both operational and secure.

joecoolfreak
02-10-2010, 07:24 AM

As in Network Security and network intrusion control. You might get better advice by letting us know why you are asking the questions. Some of these certs take years and thousands of dollars not to mention most don't even start the track until they have 6 or 7 years of basic experience first. You don't just go to school for a few days and start at the top. It takes a long time to work your way there.

If you are looking to be successful in IT, I would start with a CS degree or an EE from a good school like GA Tech, the focus on getting a few years in the field and some valuable experience and then starting some cert tracks. By then, you won't have to ask which track or cert is best because you will already know. :goodjob:

trajedy
02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Reason I was asking is cause I'm arguing this with my friend who's dad is in the IT field.

guinness
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I can speak first hand for CCIE's in saying that we make a great paycheck and have great benefits to go along with it as well!!!

cobalt9123
03-08-2010, 08:26 PM
CCIE....or CEO.

guinness
03-11-2010, 10:26 PM
CCIE,lol.

green91
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Question for you high end security guys, do any of you have experience implementing wpa2 ent using freeradius/openssl?

guinness
03-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Question for you high end security guys, do any of you have experience implementing wpa2 ent using freeradius/openssl?

What are you interested in? I'm not a "high end" security guy, but I have friends that I guess you could label that, lol.

Paul
03-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Security experts do well and so do most people w/ Architect in their title, but if you really want to make money you need to find your niche and go into business for yourself. i have friends who have developed software picked up by major corps and selling online real estate ;)

guinness
03-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Security experts do well and so do most people w/ Architect in their title, but if you really want to make money you need to find your niche and go into business for yourself. i have friends who have developed software picked up by major corps and selling online real estate ;)

x2. I totally agree there. Find your niche and what it is you enjoy, and you will never have a "job" and always be successful at it.