PDA

View Full Version : B16 and ls tranny ?

Jdmsol
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I have a b16 tranny with a bad main shaft bearing and all the gears are taken off the shaft......to save a headache I found a cheap ls tranny with a cracked case and i am wanting to know could I just switch the back part of the cases meaning the b16 on the ls? If anyone has any info please lmk thanks

Starrfire
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
A mainshaft bearing will be really easy to change, just change it.

Jdmsol
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
But all of the gears and syncros are diss. And it just seems like a lot of trouble, I don't really know that much about how all the gears go back on lol if I took it apart I would know but I got it like that so I'm lost, o and where would I get the bearing I can't find one

Starrfire
02-08-2010, 10:24 PM
The mainshaft bearing doesn't require you to take the gear set apart. If its the one you are talking its at the "nose" of the snout, it just requires you to use a bearing puller to pull a singular bearing out, then put it back in, then put hondabond back on the contact point and ta-da.

dallasb84
02-09-2010, 02:45 AM
and no b16 and b18 have different cases....some b18 ls trannys are different per years also.....there are differences on the main shaft and differential bearings...

if you can...... message barefoot for a honda civic si tranny manual in pdf format..... he got me the manuals for civic and integra.....and i mean full honda service manual...

i covered complete dissassemebly of the manual tranny i needed......

it should give you full part numbers clearances and illistrated parts break downs so you can put it all back together....

good luck

Jdmsol
02-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Ok so ima tackle this thing and get some know how lol. I don't really know y the guy took all of the gears off to change the bearing cause I read some things about changing the bearing and it had nothing in there about that...Thanks for the advice fellas!

EmminoDaGreat
02-09-2010, 09:20 AM
You can always bring me the tranny and we can put it all back together for you, headache free :)

Barefoot
02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
and no b16 and b18 have different cases....some b18 ls trannys are different per years also.....there are differences on the main shaft and differential bearings...

if you can...... message barefoot for a honda civic si tranny manual in pdf format..... he got me the manuals for civic and integra.....and i mean full honda service manual...

i covered complete dissassemebly of the manual tranny i needed......

it should give you full part numbers clearances and illistrated parts break downs so you can put it all back together....

good luckgood info. i dont deal with the insides of the tranny. i didnt know they had different cases.

zdcarver12
02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
this is the website i was telling you about,it's simple and easy.it is what i looked at when i tore my other b16 tranny apart.i would have put all the gears back together for you but i wasn't sure if they needed to be out or not since the bearing was bad.and also i was trying to look at each and every gear,synchro,and bearing to see wy mine tranny wouldn't take third gear.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2443459