Franco Tirador
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
such beuty-full pics

AirMax95
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Still stacking pennies....

G.C
02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
something changed? sorry i'm not a Porsche guy.

S2KJD
02-08-2010, 10:06 AM
love porsches!

NJSC
02-08-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm not digging the steering wheel.

ilbcnu123
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
not digging the automatic transmission

Elbow
02-08-2010, 10:47 AM
not digging the automatic transmission

It's not technically an automatic.

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM

In a street car, it's an automatic. These cars are cool, but pictures don't do much for me.

David88vert
02-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I want.

ilbcnu123
02-08-2010, 11:00 AM

it technically is since it shifts for you. you can select the sport mode where you just touch paddles but still

jdm>usdm
02-08-2010, 11:10 AM
it technically is since it shifts for you. you can select the sport mode where you just touch paddles but still

Alright then, so does that mean F1 cars should be considered automatics since there is no clutch pedal? I mean after all, all youre doing is touching paddles.

ilbcnu123
02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Alright then, so does that mean F1 cars should be considered automatics since there is no clutch pedal? I mean after all, all youre doing is touching paddles.

yea but is there any way to get a formula 1 car to shift for you??

the porsche is automatic unless you wanna use the paddles

NewGen33
02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
No clutch no care

EJ25RUN
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM

What part about it?

Its colors are customizable and it is designed to resemble the 356 wheel's lines while including an airbag.

http://www.356services.com/Derrington640low.jpg

I'll agree on it needing a standard 6 shift.

IDCoconut
02-08-2010, 12:33 PM
You can keep your manual transmission.

PDK belongs in this car.

jdm>usdm
02-08-2010, 01:03 PM

the porsche is automatic unless you wanna use the paddles

The Porshce has an automatic "mode". As well as a manual "mode". Do some research on PDK and youll respect the car a lot more. It does not do the car justice to just consider it an automatic..

ironchef
02-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Figured you'd post these up today. <3 this car with both balls!!!

It almost completely bridges the gap between the regular Turbo and the GT2.

I'd take this over the GT2 depending on price. Hard to beat the safety and stability of AWD in the wet versus the RWD GT2.

WickedIXMR
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
You're on fucking crack. That steering wheel is sick.

WickedIXMR
02-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Just like I said in the rep I gave you. You're comparing an F1 car to a street car. You're a dumbass.

Elbow
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Do F1 cars have a clutch? On the steering wheel?

Ever driven some high end paddle shift/sequential cars? They're not a walk in the park. PDK obviously isn't hard to drive but it's a damn good system, obviously I as well would rather have a basic manual transmission but this system is impressive.

jdm>usdm
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Just like I said in the rep I gave you. You're comparing an F1 car to a street car. You're a dumbass.

I was exaggerating an idea to get a point across, dumbass.

All that Im saying is that you cant just look at this car and dismiss it a regular automatic that happens to have some optional shifter paddles. Its so much more than that, and some truely awesome engineering went into it.

Thats all.

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM

All that Im saying is that you cant just look at this car and dismiss it a regular automatic that happens to have some optional shifter paddles. Its so much more than that, and some truely awesome engineering went into it.

Thats all.

Yeah, but it's still auto. Just like SMG is awesome, but auto.

jdm>usdm
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, but it's still auto. Just like SMG is awesome, but auto.

If by auto, you mean Porsche Doppelkupplung, then yes.

lol

But no, I get what you and everyone else for that matter is saying. Im just letting my personal view be known!

Mantooth
02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
not digging the automatic transmission:lmfao:

it technically is since it shifts for you. you can select the sport mode where you just touch paddles but stillNo, it technically isn't. It's a dual clutch transmission., like the F1, E-gear, DCT, SMG, etc.

the porsche is automatic unless you wanna use the paddlesGo drive an E46/E90/92/93 M3 or an E60 M5. You can drive the car without using the paddles. Automatic mode doesn't = automatic transmission.

No clutch no careIt's a twin clutch system.

You're on fucking crack. That steering wheel is sick.I agree, however I wish it had a flat bottom.

A few of you should read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_clutch_transmission

:goodjob:

RUFFIAN
02-08-2010, 10:37 PM
not digging the automatic transmissionX1000

bloodline
02-08-2010, 10:44 PM
man that thing is sexy..the interior is just beautiful...

VooDooXII
02-09-2010, 07:19 AM

Really? That's my favorite part. I think this wheel looks much better than Porsche's previous offerings...especially this one.
http://image.automobilemag.com/f/reviews/editors_notebook/11067752+w440/0811_01_z+2009_porsche_911_carrera_4S+interior.jpg

What I'd like to know though...with 530 bhp, is this a replacement for the GT2? If not, where is the GT2 going to stand as far as power goes? This is ridiculous!

Mantooth
02-09-2010, 08:53 AM
X1000Good thing it's not an automatic then.;)

ironchef
02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Really? That's my favorite part. I think this wheel looks much better than Porsche's previous offerings...especially this one.
http://image.automobilemag.com/f/reviews/editors_notebook/11067752+w440/0811_01_z+2009_porsche_911_carrera_4S+interior.jpg

What I'd like to know though...with 530 bhp, is this a replacement for the GT2? If not, where is the GT2 going to stand as far as power goes? This is ridiculous!I think they might position it such that GT3 : GT3-RS = Turbo S : GT2.

Unless of course the rumored GT2-RS comes out, then I'm not sure. Neither the GT2/(RS) are high volume models like the Turbo (S), so I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

WickedIXMR
02-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Thats all.
Yeah well your point sucks and I'm not exaggerating, dumbass. Yeah there's a lot of engineering behind it but it's still an auto. Not saying it's an auto transmission but it's an auto. It shifts for you with no clutch pedal. To me that's auto and takes all the fun "sportyness" out of a street car. For a race car (ex. F1 car) on the track, yes it's cool because it's much faster but for the street, it's gay.

:lmfao:

No, it technically isn't. It's a dual clutch transmission., like the F1, E-gear, DCT, SMG, etc.

Go drive an E46/E90/92/93 M3 or an E60 M5. You can drive the car without using the paddles. Automatic mode doesn't = automatic transmission.

It's a twin clutch system.

I agree, however I wish it had a flat bottom.

A few of you should read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_clutch_transmission

:goodjob:
I've had an E46 M3 with an SMG (which isn't a twin clutch trans) so I'm speaking from experience here and it was cool but still auto. Again not auto trans but it was auto. I didn't shift shit. It was boring and took the fun out of a street car. I think for a car like the 911 with so much history and great sports car feeling, for it to come with the twin clutch trans is gay. Of course this is just my opinion.

I do agree the steering wheel would've been sicker with a flat bottom.

ironchef
02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I've had an E46 M3 with an SMG (which isn't a twin clutch trans) so I'm speaking from experience here and it was cool but still auto. Again not auto trans but it was auto. I didn't shift shit. It was boring and took the fun out of a street car. I think for a car like the 911 with so much history and great sports car feeling, for it to come with the twin clutch trans is gay. Of course this is just my opinion.

I do agree the steering wheel would've been sicker with a flat bottom.Well its not like it ONLY comes with the PDK, its an option. And frankly a good one for a lot of newbie inductees to the Porsche model line.

Mantooth
02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah well your point sucks and I'm not exaggerating, dumbass. Yeah there's a lot of engineering behind it but it's still an auto. Not saying it's an auto transmission but it's an auto. It shifts for you with no clutch pedal. To me that's auto and takes all the fun "sportyness" out of a street car. For a race car (ex. F1 car) on the track, yes it's cool because it's much faster but for the street, it's gay.

I do agree the steering wheel would've been sicker with a flat bottom.I agree with it losing the sports car feel. I would prefer to have control of the clutch, but more and more cars nowadays are using these "automatic" transmissions to shave seconds at the track. They're not as fun to drive, but they allow you to pay more attention to driving and less on shifting. Also, they shift a hell of a lot faster than any human could. With that being said, I will take the car with three peddles and a shift linkage.

Speaking of the steering wheel, that's one thing I hate about my car. I would kill for the CLK63 BS steering wheel with the flat bottom.

WickedIXMR
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree with it losing the sports car feel. I would prefer to have control of the clutch, but more and more cars nowadays are using these "automatic" transmissions to shave seconds at the track. They're not as fun to drive, but they allow you to pay more attention to driving and less on shifting. Also, they shift a hell of a lot faster than any human could. With that being said, I will take the car with three peddles and a shift linkage.

Speaking of the steering wheel, that's one thing I hate about my car. I would kill for the CLK63 BS steering wheel with the flat bottom.
Again, I'm not saying it's an automatic transmission, just saying since it has no clutch it's auto to me. Also like I've said, it's cool for the track because it's faster but again it's a street car not a race car. You are right about it shifting faster than a human and it helps you at the track because I've taken my M3 to a track and it made it a hell of a lot easier to track. It was like a walk in the park but again for the street it was just plain boring. If I had a car that it's sole purpose was for the track, I'd take a twin clutch trans car any day. But for the street, manual all day long.

As for the steering wheel, there is just something about flat botton steering wheels huh? I need to get one for the Evo now haha.

Mantooth
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Again, I'm not saying it's an automatic transmission, just saying since it has no clutch it's auto to me. Also like I've said, it's cool for the track because it's faster but again it's a street car not a race car. You are right about it shifting faster than a human and it helps you at the track because I've taken my M3 to a track and it made it a hell of a lot easier to track. It was like a walk in the park but again for the street it was just plain boring. If I had a car that it's sole purpose was for the track, I'd take a twin clutch trans car any day. But for the street, manual all day long.

As for the steering wheel, there is just something about flat bottom steering wheels huh? I need to get one for the Evo now haha. I agree with all of the above, but straight up automatics attached to paddle shifters blowwwwwwww. Fuuuuu U, Mercedes!

With a flat, smaller steering wheels, you feel like you have a lot more control of the car. I LOVE that feeling, even in a bigger sedan.

VooDooXII
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
My favorite incarnation will always be the GT3 though. I like N/A Porsches over the Turbos, I like the idea behind the GT3 because it fits what a Porsche should be, and I think the bodywork on it looks best.

ironchef
02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
My favorite incarnation will always be the GT3 though. I like N/A Porsches over the Turbos, I like the idea behind the GT3 because it fits what a Porsche should be, and I think the bodywork on it looks best.Money notwithstanding I'd rock a GT3-RS no question. However, I think as far as a daily I'd stick with a Turbo.

In a perfect world filled with no traffic, good drivers, no speed limits, and nice roads, it would be a N/A Porsche all the way. In the real world, I think a Turbo is the better bet, and its hard to beat the rush when those turbos spool up.