PDA

View Full Version : Body/repair shops in Atlanta?

KAW
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I need a shop/body work person to pull out my fender, buff out my bumper, and reattach my turn signal, shouldn't be a big deal, but I would like to go somewhere that is recommended rather than going to a random place. Has anyone had a good personal experience with a shop in Atlanta? It's only for an SUV, not for my show car, but I still don't want to get ripped off or have my car look like crap. It's for a Toyota, so I guess worst case scenario I could just go to the local Toyota dealership, but I haven't had any experience w/ them yet.

KAW
94 Supra | 69 Camaro | 99 Land Cruiser | 94 Trans Am

David88vert
02-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Check the sponsors.

gerardojdm
02-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Check with Gabe at SprayGlow. I'm thinking about taking my car to him.

redneckhatch
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Check with Gabe at SprayGlow. I'm thinking about taking my car to him.

x2

KAW
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Went to Sprayglo at 1826 Metropolitan Parkway Southwest today. The guy I talked to said no one named Gabe works there. They quoted me approx $450 which would include pulling out the fender and repainting it. Then I went over to World Toyota Collision Center and they quoted me around $1100 because they wanted to buy a new turn signal, new fender, new fender flare, etc. Both places would need to keep the car for 3 days to get the job done.

So, I decided I'm just going to duck tape the turn signal back in and have my own paint guy fix it when I go back to FL in a week or two. His price will probably fall somewhere in between the two quotes I got today but at least I know his work is good. I've had him paint a few of my cars including the Quicksilver Supra. Plus I won't need to get a rental car back home for the three days while it's in the shop, so that should save me some hassle.

Black Mamba
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Gabe works at the one on Buford Highway in Duluth - Gwinnett Co.