PDA

View Full Version : Driving Skills: The one thing money cant buy

loverboy_gnd
02-06-2010, 08:40 PM
as the name suggests, this thread is to see what ia thinks bout this topic. im tired of seeing hundred thousand dollar cars ruined seconds after buying them lol

Echonova
02-06-2010, 08:43 PM
98.45% of IA thinks they are better drivers than they really are.

You can't argue with statistics.

NevrNufTorq
02-06-2010, 08:52 PM

You can't argue with statistics.

might be the truest statement ever said on here and i do know who the good drivers are(not me:crazy:)

AlanŽ
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
i drive like an asshole. ask autumn, collins, cant think of anyone else on here thats ridden with me. Oh reaper has and SleepyS4 has seen me drive. Jordan digs it. No one else does. I blame it on Tank

Black4DrEK
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I has the Driver mod...:D

So does my Ninja SleepyS4:goodjob:

Echonova
02-06-2010, 09:02 PM

You can't argue with statistics.The prosecution presents Exhibit A

I has the Driver mod...:D

So does my Ninja SleepyS4:goodjob:The prosecution rests your honor.

Black4DrEK
02-06-2010, 09:05 PM
You can say what you want.. hah.. You dont know me, Nor do you know my driving skills..

And ill put money that my Boy Sleepy will out do YOU in any scenerio bud..

smoknlegend
02-06-2010, 09:32 PM
well everyone knows that you dont get your driver mod and box of driving skill until you turn 25.

Well at least thats what your insurance company thinks, that magically at 25 your driving is going to be different than when you were 24.99 years old.

roscoe
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
I think I'm roughly in the middle as far as IA driving skills lol

loverboy_gnd
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
lo let it be known that driving fast in a straight line doesn't make you the best driver out there

Echonova
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
You can say what you want.. hah.. You dont know me, Nor do you know my driving skills..

And ill put money that my Boy Sleepy will out do YOU in any scenerio bud..Lulz.

How does he heel and toe with you hanging on his nuts? He must be good.

swimshark
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7219/sigpic151361.jpg

Black4DrEK
02-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Lulz.

Yea man.. that good.:goodjob:

loverboy_gnd
02-07-2010, 12:35 AM

lol HA my point exactly +reps for you:cheers: real drivers take corners

EmminoDaGreat
02-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Everyone into cars always think they "can" drive, but I have we have taken customers in their own cars for rides and they rethink their statement. I am not the best driver, but I know how to handle a vehicle. There are still tons of things I need to learn..

ava_Z32
02-07-2010, 12:42 AM
idk what you guys are talking about. just being a member here automatically gives you the necessary skills to out drive michael shumacher. :ninja:

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zv7sxg.jpg

i will say however, when i see an indian woman driving i just go ahead and drive myself into the guard rail and save her the hassle of running me into it.

loverboy_gnd
02-07-2010, 12:46 AM
idk what you guys are talking about. just being a member here automatically gives you the necessary skills to out drive michael shumacher. :ninja:

i will say however, when i see an indian woman driving i just go ahead and drive myself into the guard rail and save her the hassle of running me into it.

L M F A O :lmfao: damn nice one man, lol lol.... reps

browningboy7
02-07-2010, 12:47 AM
Money can buy them, Just ask smacked.

I went there...

Black4DrEK
02-07-2010, 12:52 AM
^
El o EL Thats funny

tdurr
02-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Money can buy them, Just ask swollix..

I went there...

fixed.

Elbow
02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm the best driver on IA. The end. Anyone that has a problem with that can take lessons from me for $5,000,000,000.00.

I'm a drifter too.

e30pwr
02-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Money can't buy them, Just ask swollix.

I went there...

fixed.

NOW its fixed.

roscoe
02-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm the best driver on IA. The end. Anyone that has a problem with that can take lessons from me for $5,000,000,000.00.

I'm a drifter too.

Do u accept Forza 3 credits??? :gay:

Elbow
02-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Do u accept Forza 3 credits??? :gay:

I don't have an Xbox, so no.

MINI
02-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Compared to actual drivers I'm nothing, but compared to common people I'm amazing lol.

But I improve here and there I guess, I don't stress on it too much since I like the straight line more.

Good tip I have found is while in a turn, which every side the weight is transfered to, let that arm do the controling and the other arm make minor adjustments through the turn. Much better feel for the car.

MINI
02-07-2010, 04:33 PM
And while I'm talking about it, any of you experienced guys have any simple advice?

EL42
02-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Compared to actual drivers I'm nothing, but compared to common people I'm amazing lol.

But I improve here and there I guess, I don't stress on it too much since I like the straight line more.

Good tip I have found is while in a turn, which every side the weight is transfered to, let that arm do the controling and the other arm make minor adjustments through the turn. Much better feel for the car.
:thinking: is that why your rearview mirrors always looks good after a turn? of course.lol

DriVaH
02-07-2010, 05:40 PM
check the name..... i have been driving since i was seven back home in JA...

Elbow
02-07-2010, 05:56 PM
check the name..... i have been driving since i was seven back home in JA...

JA? :???:

I've been driving since I was 5. HA!

40th GT
02-07-2010, 06:05 PM

The ignorance is clear. Show these images to any Top Fuel/Funny Car/Pro Stock driver and and they'll tell you what's up..
It's a little harder when your engine makes something called torque and the rear wheels are trying to come to the front.

edit: Oh, and I bet if that "fast driver" was to go to a dragstrip and tried to launch his car, he won't be able to do it as well as the guy who has some seat time in his "fast car." Get my drift? You gotta compare apples to apples.

Big Baller
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
And while I'm talking about it, any of you experienced guys have any simple advice?

Yep... www.skipbarber.com

Getcha some

Seriously if you want to learn how to drive do some HPDEs and go to a good driving school or get a personal coach.

jR1_kS14
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
actually, you can buy driving skills

pay for performance driving school or something lol

Elbow
02-07-2010, 07:27 PM
actually, you can buy driving skills

pay for performance driving school or something lol

Trust me, racing school doesn't give you skill.

DriVaH
02-07-2010, 07:39 PM
JA? :???:

I've been driving since I was 5. HA!lol..... jamaica

bigdare23
02-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm not going to lie, I suck at driving LOL

Elbow
02-07-2010, 07:40 PM
lol..... jamaica

Oh haha. :doh:

ironchef
02-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Money can buy driving skills, its whether people use them or not is the issue.

Elbow
02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Money can buy driving skills, its whether people use them or not is the issue.

It can by knowledge, if it bought skill everyone who graduates racing schools would be skillful in driving. That's not the case.

Sol-Badguy
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I like to think I'm a fairly fast driver.

Outrunning s2k's, FD's, RX8's, and such at the Dragon in a GS-R sedan on eGay coils with stock struts makes for some pretty funny stories. :goodjob:

ironchef
02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
It can by knowledge, if it bought skill everyone who graduates racing schools would be skillful in driving. That's not the case.They are to a degree. Is that degree high enough for pro racing? Probably not. However if they had a lot of money they could get all the tools they need to be a successful driver. For some it would take a lot of money, for others it might not be as much. Either way though money is the important variable in this equation.

Njobe
02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm the best driver that has graced this Earth so far.

The Ninja
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I think if I can get from point A to point B rather quickly without hitting anything/anyone (or breaking any traffic laws), then I'm a good enough driver. Compared to the average GA driver, though, I'm a fucking professional.

Elbow
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
They are to a degree. Is that degree high enough for pro racing? Probably not. However if they had a lot of money they could get all the tools they need to be a successful driver. For some it would take a lot of money, for others it might not be as much. Either way though money is the important variable in this equation.

Money NEVER buys talent, a real driver has natural talent, there are pro drivers who suck, they are semi good because of their experience from money, but when real talent shows you can spot it from a mile away.

40th GT
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I like to think I'm a fairly fast driver.

Outrunning s2k's, FD's, RX8's, and such at the Dragon in a GS-R sedan on eGay coils with stock struts makes for some pretty funny stories. :goodjob:
That's gotta be a nice feeling. Props to you bud.

tdurr
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I think if I can get from point A to point B rather quickly without hitting anything/anyone (or breaking any traffic laws), then I'm a good enough driver. Compared to the average GA driver, though, I'm a fucking professional.

same here.

ava_Z32
02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
The ignorance is clear. Show these images to any Top Fuel/Funny Car/Pro Stock driver and and they'll tell you what's up..
It's a little harder when your engine makes something called torque and the rear wheels are trying to come to the front.

edit: Oh, and I bet if that "fast driver" was to go to a dragstrip and tried to launch his car, he won't be able to do it as well as the guy who has some seat time in his "fast car." Get my drift? You gotta compare apples to apples.

i agree about the apples to apples thing, there are drag racers that couldn't come close to making it around a track in a respectable time, and vice versa, but every drag race is in principle the same. straight line. i am very aware that it is MUCH more complicated than that, so please don't flame me i can only imagine what going 0-300 is like, the forces put on one's body taking off that hard, and then stopping that hard are incredible..but a circuit driver or rally driver etc, every track he or she goes to is different and must adapt.
i have a great deal of respect for top fuel drivers and the like, but if i had to choose, i would say that if you were to compare the level of talent taken to drive a top fuel car, to say a rally driver, i would say the rally driver has the harder job. just my humble opinion.

reps for a good point though.

nreggie454
02-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Money NEVER buys talent, a real driver has natural talent, there are pro drivers who suck, they are semi good because of their experience from money, but when real talent shows you can spot it from a mile away.

Agreed. Experience (the only thing money can buy) can get you far, but talent is a major major factor. Another factor I would have to add is courage/craziness. You can have tons of talent, but if you don't push yourself past your limits, you won't improve.

I consider myself a decent driver in Autocross because I have decent amount of experience with it. As a result, I think I am a good daily driver because I know how to feel what is going on in a car and react to different hazards and situations. However, my brother is one of the craziest and most talented drivers I have personally experienced. In my home region of the SCCA (Mid-South), he might spin or slide and hit a cone in 5 out of 6 runs, but the sixth one will be PAX FTD and sometimes overall FTD depending on the course.

40th GT
02-08-2010, 12:34 AM
]i would say that if you were to compare the level of talent taken to drive a top fuel car, to say a rally driver, i would say the rally driver has the harder job. just my humble opinion.

reps for a good point though.
And I agree with you there. I however, will still stand by my original argument, which is that the rally driver/road racer will need some seat time at the strip to get warmed up, and vice versa.
It just makes me cringe when people don't give drag racers the credit they deserve, as if the only skill required is to hit the gas and keep straight. :rolleyes:
Reps to you for not getting all butthurt about it.

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 01:04 AM
And I agree with you there. I however, will still stand by my original argument, which is that the rally driver/road racer will need some seat time at the strip to get warmed up, and vice versa.
It just makes me cringe when people don't give drag racers the credit they deserve, as if the only skill required is to hit the gas and keep straight. :rolleyes:
Reps to you for not getting all butthurt about it.
oh don't get me wrong, i am by no means saying a rally/road racer could just hop in a top fuel dragster and be on a professional level.

Humphrizzle
02-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I am not the best driver, but I know how to handle a vehicle. There are still tons of things I need to learn..

same here.

swimshark
02-08-2010, 02:56 AM

taxi drivers are what scare me

40th GT
02-08-2010, 06:57 AM
same here.
x3.

lol taxi drivers are just out to get money.

Sol-Badguy
02-08-2010, 07:12 AM
That's gotta be a nice feeling. Props to you bud.

Was amazing. It was weird the last time I went up, with my Sol back. Shorter car, actual suspension, etc.

I can't wait to to back and learn some more. :goodjob:

loverboy_gnd
02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
furreal... like when we got tht "snow" in atl.... people were all over the road.. spinnin out, runnin off in bushes, 29 car pileup..smh,

IDCoconut
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Any one can drive a fast car.

Not every one can drive a car fast.

I agree that the majority on this site are just average drivers - drag strip & road course, but you'd be surprised at what talent is actually present behind some of these keyboard names.

Elbow
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Personally I think if you own a Porsche, Vette, Ferrari, any "fast" car,you should have to get a special license to prove you can drive said car fast.

At my very first track event when I was sixteen I passed a Z06 at Road Atlanta in an ITC Civic, needless to say I got obliterated when the next straight away came...but that's horrible. I can't say how many times I've raped MUCH faster cars and if the driver had been good there would of been no way I could of given them even a slight chase.

It's a blast to go to track days and watch macho men in their shiny expensive fast cars get killed by some backyard ghetto tuner in a ragged out Miata. Or watch macho men crash their fast cars because they have no skill whatsoever. :ninja:

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Personally I think if you own a Porsche, Vette, Ferrari, any "fast" car,you should have to get a special license to prove you can drive said car fast.
agreed. there needs to be an application process to buy those cars. it makes me sick when i see ferrari's lambo's and the like piled up outside of these rappers houses and i know those cars aren't used for anything other than looking flashy pulling up to the club.

even though they probably don't actually own any of those cars. loll

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
lol HA my point exactly +reps for you:cheers: real drivers take corners

From a honda owner. Nothing wrong with turns but there is also nothing wrong with straight line (or circles).

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
nothing wrong with straight line (or circles).
*grabs popcorn and waits for someone to bring up nascar*

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
*grabs popcorn and waits for someone to bring up nascar*

I JUST DID.

Elbow
02-08-2010, 02:03 PM
From a honda owner. Nothing wrong with turns but there is also nothing wrong with straight line (or circles).

You make it sound like V8's are made to drive in circles or straight.

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
You make it sound like V8's are made to drive in circles or straight.

Dear Michael Schumacher,

Please enlighten me how I gave you that opinion. You should know there are different V8s for different applications.

Love,
Me

Elbow
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Please enlighten me Michael Schumacher how I gave you that opinion. You should know there are different V8s for different applications.

I was just saying what it sounded like. Of course I know V8's are used for different applications, Schumacher knows too since he drives one. Thanks for the compliment. :goodjob:

NASCAR is for girls it takes no skill at all. So is drag racing, push gas, shift (unless in a top fuel car), then let off. Exciting. :screwy:

:ninja: teehee

Nemesis
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
woops wrong thread LOL

Elbow
woops wrong thread LOL

LMFAO

On_Her_Face
I was just saying what it sounded like. Of course I know V8's are used for different applications, Schumacher knows too since he drives one. Thanks for the compliment. :goodjob:

NASCAR is for girls it takes no skill at all. So is drag racing, push gas, shift (unless in a top fuel car), then let off. Exciting. :screwy:

You people absolutely kill me with the NASCAR debates, at least we can agree on NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car. That shit will detach your retinas ask Joe Amato.

Elbow
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
You people absolutely kill me with the NASCAR debates, at least we can agree on NHRA Top Fuel and Funny Car. That shit will detach your retinas ask Joe Amato.

I've never debated you on NASCAR, it's boring as hell to watch that's about all I've said.

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I've never debated you on NASCAR, it's boring as hell to watch that's about all I've said.

Hmm I must be mistaken then, I just assumed since there was a thread in the Car Talk section.

Elbow
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Hmm I must be mistaken then, I just assumed since there was a thread in the Car Talk section.

What was it about? NASCAR is boring to me, it's a bunch of hicks going in circles in family cars. It takes skill yeah, but...so? lol

david068513
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
honestly I can drive decent. Not Perfect. Not amazing. I am good just not great. oh well. I can always practice. :rolleyes:

On_Her_Face
02-08-2010, 02:20 PM
What was it about? NASCAR is boring to me, it's a bunch of hicks going in circles in family cars. It takes skill yeah, but...so? lol

Family bodies! Also the drivers character plays a big role in his/her (thanks Danica FML) fan base. If you like Dale Jr. you're living in the past, Stewart you know a good driver, Kyle Busch you were on the Jersey Shore, etc etc...

It may be boring to some, I can understand that but people say it takes no skill. Go to a race it'll change your mind, especially Bristol.

Elbow
02-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Family bodies! Also the drivers character plays a big role in his/her (thanks Danica FML) fan base. If you like Dale Jr. you're living in the past, Stewart you know a good driver, Kyle Busch you were on the Jersey Shore, etc etc...

It may be boring to some, I can understand that but people say it takes no skill. Go to a race it'll change your mind, especially Bristol.

I've been to a race and have seen them run road courses, they test a lot at Road Atlanta. It just fails to excite me. The drivers make the sport even worse. GO DANICA! lol

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
It just fails to excite me. The drivers make the sport even worse. GO DANICA! lol

what he said.

blaknoize
02-08-2010, 02:36 PM
well I want to take a hazardous driving class and a high-speed drivers course. Not only will it be fun, I'll learn how to actually DO stuff and not rely on what I've learned from Gran Turismo or Forza

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
well I want to take a hazardous driving class and a high-speed drivers course. Not only will it be fun, I'll learn how to actually DO stuff and not rely on what I've learned from Gran Turismo or Forza
funny you mention that. i used to play a lot of gran turismo and sine i've stopped ive actually noticed my skill has decreased a bit.

blaknoize
02-08-2010, 02:58 PM
funny you mention that. i used to play a lot of gran turismo and sine i've stopped ive actually noticed my skill has decreased a bit.

yea thats happened to me as well. The simulation games teach u quite a bit. Since i've stopped as well my attention to details failed a bit. I'll be getting GT5 though whenEVER it wants to come out :D

Nemesis
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Anything you need to learn about driving can be learned from this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c211iMAQejk

blaknoize
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM
^Cant watch a vid at work u DOUCHE

Nemesis
02-08-2010, 03:17 PM
MY BADDDDDDDDDDDD ITS A VIDEO OF YOU DRIVIN THO

lulz

stillaneon
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Lulz.

I was wondering if Jordan paid him to be "his biggest fan"

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
yea thats happened to me as well. The simulation games teach u quite a bit. Since i've stopped as well my attention to details failed a bit. I'll be getting GT5 though whenEVER it wants to come out :D

yeah i need to get back on the ball....i guess that means i need to buy a ps3.....fuck. those are expensive...

Elbow
02-08-2010, 04:26 PM
yeah i need to get back on the ball....i guess that means i need to buy a ps3.....fuck. those are expensive...

Funny how that works, $300 for a PS3 or 120 minutes on Road Atlanta learning REAL car control? Hmmm...

blaknoize
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Funny how that works, $300 for a PS3 or 120 minutes on Road Atlanta learning REAL car control? Hmmm...

yea.... but u cant always purchase time on a track learning real car control. Once a month or so, if u have the time. 300 + game, 1 time purchase. Then take that and test it on the track. U cant crash ur real car all the time and u also cant afford all the fuel, all the time

Big Baller
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
yea.... but u cant always purchase time on a track learning real car control. Once a month or so, if u have the time. 300 + game, 1 time purchase. Then take that and test it on the track. U cant crash ur real car all the time and u also cant afford all the fuel, all the time

actually in 2007 I was on track around 150 days, its not hard to get on track, its a little hard to pay for it. If you have a truck and trailer there is a way to be on track in the southeast almost everyday.

Echonova
02-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I was wondering if Jordan paid him to be "his biggest fan"I'M RICH BITCH!!!!!!!!!!

ava_Z32
02-08-2010, 11:52 PM
my car isn't track worthy right now. and i don't have the disposable income to be burning through gas and tires like i would if i were tracking my car. and IF i were to wreck it i'm fucked cause it's my daily driver. a ps3 is, agreed, not as good as being on a real track in your own car, but it's also in the long run cheaper, and safer. believe me once i start making some more money and buy a dd my Z will see the track a LOT more.

Humphrizzle
02-08-2010, 11:55 PM

shumacher drives a fiat

Humphrizzle
02-09-2010, 12:01 AM

At my very first track event when I was sixteen I passed a Z06 at Road Atlanta in an ITC Civic, needless to say I got obliterated when the next straight away came...but that's horrible. I can't say how many times I've raped MUCH faster cars and if the driver had been good there would of been no way I could of given them even a slight chase.

It's a blast to go to track days and watch macho men in their shiny expensive fast cars get killed by some backyard ghetto tuner in a ragged out Miata. Or watch macho men crash their fast cars because they have no skill whatsoever. :ninja:

the state doesnt want these people to go fast.. they make laws to keep them from doing it.. why would the state give someone a license for no reason? speed limits will not be changed just because someone in a porsche or vette can drive it to it's limits.

AnthonyF
02-09-2010, 10:34 AM
You actually can buy driving skills.

-Ant.

Mantooth
02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I feel that I'm a good driver. Both on public roads, and at the track.:2cents:

Big Baller
02-09-2010, 10:59 AM
the state doesnt want these people to go fast.. they make laws to keep them from doing it.. why would the state give someone a license for no reason? speed limits will not be changed just because someone in a porsche or vette can drive it to it's limits.

The state wants people to speed to generate revenue. Don't kid yourself the Super Speeder law was created so cops could generate more revenue.

loverboy_gnd
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
The state wants people to speed to generate revenue. Don't kid yourself the Super Speeder law was created so cops could generate more revenue.

couldnt of said it better myself.... reps to you man,