PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 Life Expectancy

revsk8erdude
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey there, im looking at getting a E46 M3, and trying to do some research before ive made up my mind.

does anyone know what average mileage these cars last?

or when things start to break down?

JC Bimmer
02-05-2010, 06:15 PM
from my experience they last a long while if you treat them right, if u beat the shit out of them then not so much. its all about how you treat them.

DieselNuts
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
from my experience they last a long while if you treat them right, if u beat the shit out of them then not so much. its all about how you treat them.

that can be said for about 90% of the cars on the market....

with preventative maintainence, any car can last quite a while.

tnomud
02-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Mine scattered a motor before 50K........

Tuan
02-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Depends if you're getting an smg or manual. There are people having their smg pump go out around 40k. I've had two clutch and a diff replaced. Good thing it was under warranty though.

umairejaz
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
I would find a nice well kept M3 and not worry about the miles as much as the condition of the vehicle.

sammysnakes
02-15-2010, 09:01 AM
E46 M3's are the most reliable of all E46's IMO. i would avoid getting a SMG trans, cause repair costs are very high and they seem to be harder on guibos, rear diff/subframe bushings, etc. if you're looking at a 2002-03, make sure the rod bearing recall has been performed. listen for clunking in the rear of the car when test driving, that could be a sign of bad rear diff and/or subframe bushings.

if everything checks out, you're golden.

WickedIXMR
02-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Hey there, im looking at getting a E46 M3, and trying to do some research before ive made up my mind.

does anyone know what average mileage these cars last?

or when things start to break down?
This is a fucking dumbass question. You're a fucking idiot. Any car can last a 1,000 miles or a 100,000 miles. It all depends.

full_throttle
02-17-2010, 02:29 PM
This is a fucking dumbass question. You're a fucking idiot. Any car can last a 1,000 miles or a 100,000 miles. It all depends.

Are you some dumb retard? Totally valid question asking the reliability of the car before buying one. Like at what mile certain parts go out or need to be replaced...smg pump going out around 40-50k is prefect example. In some car certain parts will break down at 1,000 mile and in other at 100,000.

WickedIXMR
02-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Are you some dumb retard? Totally valid question asking the reliability of the car before buying one. Like at what mile certain parts go out or need to be replaced...smg pump going out around 40-50k is prefect example. In some car certain parts will break down at 1,000 mile and in other at 100,000.
No it's not you fucking idiot. An M3 will be as reliable as the person who drives it. Some M3 are track driven, some are daily driven hard, and some are driven like grandmas. No one will know how long an M3 will last you fucking idiot. I've seen some M3's with HIGH miles and no problems. I've also seen some with many issues with low miles. I've owned an e46 M3 and it all depends you "dumb retard." Go fuck yourself.

umairejaz
02-17-2010, 02:47 PM
^Wow that is a lot of hate.

WickedIXMR
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
^Wow that is a lot of hate.
Sorry, I have much hate for dumb people.

full_throttle
02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
No it's not you fucking idiot. An M3 will be as reliable as the person who drives it. Some M3 are track driven, some are daily driven hard, and some are driven like grandmas. No one will know how long an M3 will last you fucking idiot. I've seen some M3's with HIGH miles and no problems. I've also seen some with many issues with low miles. I've owned an e46 M3 and it all depends you "dumb retard." Go fuck yourself.

You are really that fucked up in head :lmfao:? Guy asked a simple question, but mr. fat headed turd here had to come in bashing other than a simple reply like others posted.

Did the OP say granny driven, track driven or daily driven? Any level headed person would go with average driving and give an appropriate answer. When a person ask what's appropriate mileage to change oil do u come in saying, "What a fucking idiot, all depends." You are the idiot here :screwy:.

Seems like u got something stuck up your butt, take it out you'll feel better.

Sorry, I have much hate for dumb people.
Boy you must hate standing in front of a mirror. Point and say, "You fucking idiot...."

revsk8erdude
02-17-2010, 07:47 PM
sorry ive been away for so long, just now read all this.

thanks to all who had valid input. and wickedixmr needs to shut their mouth.

revsk8erdude
02-17-2010, 07:54 PM
thats real disappointing to hear because i got really really fond of the SMG over the manual. mostly because of the "racecar" paddle shift feel.

but also in the back of my head i know i should start driving manual and get used to it, because im at a point in my life where i can start to afford nicer cars and anything thats worth driving should have a manual trans. can i get a amen!?

tnomud
02-17-2010, 09:07 PM

you need to cut down on the caffeine :lmfao:

Jesus. You are fucking ruining it for the rest of it. They are gonna make mountain dew sugar-free if the folsk at PepsiCo. come on here and read all your posts. :crazy: