PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Boost controller

Tank
10-28-2005, 11:57 AM
i just wanted some opinions on a few things

1. is nitrous a good decision against turbo lag "for example to helping get off the line"

2. anyone know whats a good brand short shifter and how much they run

3. would i need a edelbrock intake manifold and what does it do

Disclaimer: Im just learning the ins and outs of motors so work with me even if it sounds stupid knwoledge is power

The Ren
10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
My car has the HKS EVC 4....From what I get it's one of the best

Undertow
10-28-2005, 03:41 PM
My car has the HKS EVC 4....From what I get it's one of the best

LOL

www.Supraforums.com (http://www.Supraforums.com)

WINDSOR
10-28-2005, 04:36 PM
what do any of your questions have to do with a boost controller?

Tank
10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
ok the other questions was add-ons this is for my civic not my supra but thanks for the link

D16Civic
10-28-2005, 07:57 PM
1.If ur running a big laggy turbo w/ a fully built motor, then yes, nitrous would help against it and be nice to have, plenty of drag cars use it for just that, as the nitrous goes off ur hitting full boost.

2.From what ive heard, i think b&m makes really good short shifters

3.If your looking to make over 280-300 hp, then yes, i think you do need it because ur stock one doesnt flow enough or something like that.

SampaGuy
10-28-2005, 08:14 PM
B&M short shifters are top of the line

Tank
10-28-2005, 08:15 PM
which intake manifold would you subjest

Clark94T
10-28-2005, 08:49 PM
I've used the B&M short shifter and the C's short shifter. Waste of money on the supras. The first gen B&M's have broke for so many people on supraforums. Most people prefer the stock 93-96 supra shifters. Search on SF. Stick with that and save yourself some money.

I doubt edelbrock makes an intake manifold that fits your supra. What motor do you have in it? I just put this intake manifold on my supra. Sound Performance made it in Chicago. Kind of a bitch to put on.

If you are just learning the ins and outs of motors I def. wouldn't use nitrous.

Boost controller - I like the HKS EVC EZ. Simple and works flawlessly to 45+psi.

Let me know on that Apexi N1 exhaust. I just emailed you pics.

Later,

Clark

Negrodamus
10-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Is this for the civic or supra????
1. no nitrous
2. b&m
3.edlebrock intake,dont ask questions just buy it.

D16Civic
10-28-2005, 09:02 PM
^its for his civic

99SI
10-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Mainstream has a log manifold that does excellent with turbo motors. Looks good too, not that it matters but it's a nice bonus. BTW, the aftermarket intake manifolds are designed to give you that added flow in the upper end of the RPM range. The plenum is bigger thus it holds more air, also the design of the runners makes a big difference on a turbo motor. Some engines like a long runner with a tapered velocity stack, some like a shorter w/ less taper. Talk to some of the UP guys and see what they've found they like, they should definately know about the turbo honda motors.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Stay with the Neukin ram horns. You need to learn how to drive your car before you even touch any nitrous. With the set up you got going on with the Civic, it shouldn't be so laggy that you need nitrous. 10:1 pistons won't lag as much as the 9's. Edelbrock victor x manifolds seem to be best for forced induction applications, so if you're looking for one get that one along with a bigger throttle body.
Like someone said, what do these questions have to do with a boost controller? haha

MrEG62U
11-03-2005, 06:52 PM
b& m makes nice short shifters that what i have