PDA

View Full Version : Got two tickets, need advice

SloWRX
02-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Long story short, I went into the opposing lane to avoid some nasty uneven bumps and holes on the road and of course, Gwinnett's finest was there to witness everything. The roads been fucked up for years and its a back road which rarely sees traffic, maybe 10 cars max per day. To the point, he gave me two tickets: failure to maintain lane and driving on the wrong side of the roadway. Now I'm not here to bitch, I would just like to know if anyone has gotten these tickets before and how much mula I have to dish out at court? I can't really call in and see how much they are since this all happened this morning.

trajedy
02-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Whats your previous history? Failure to maintain a lane can reach up to a 1k fine or 12 months in jail.

I just got that ticket totaling to be $260.

As for the other, im clueless.

BKgen®
02-04-2010, 04:45 PM
bump

GLWS

SloWRX
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Whats your previous history? Failure to maintain a lane can reach up to a 1k fine or 12 months in jail.

Goddamn! I dont really have a bad driving history, 3 speeding tickets, two red lights, one stop sign, and one seat belt lol. I just turned 21 this december and currently have 4 points on my DL

boosted b
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Take good pictures of the road and go to court and fight it tell the judge the roads are messed up and all that crap also the cop may not show up at all

EG_Ryder
02-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Take good pictures of the road and go to court and fight it tell the judge the roads are messed up and all that crap also the cop may not show up at all
x2

trajedy
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Goddamn! I dont really have a bad driving history, 3 speeding tickets, two red lights, one stop sign, and one seat belt lol. I just turned 21 this december and currently have 4 points on my DL

3 speeding tickets here, then that, but still have avoided points until this incident. :D

blaknoize
02-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I dont know the proper way to word this.

But u can defend yourself by going to court and reporting NO CONTEST on the failure to maintain lane. Take a pic or 2 and get them developed as proof of the poor road surface and simply elaborate. Because clearly u didnt burn off some rubber or go sliding about as a drifter. U went around at a reasonable speed and returned to ur lane.

U cannot, however, defend yourself for the wrong side of the road violation as u have already admitted fault to going AROUND the issue knowingly (I believe). But I've seen (as I was part of the court session) that u can plead NO CONTEST on both if there is a valid cause. So maybe, u can attempt to pull it off or simply ask the judge/prosecuter if this can be approved.

Shift_2WIN
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
x3

But u can defend yourself by going to court and reporting NO CONTEST on the failure to maintain lane. Take a pic or 2 and get them developed as proof of the poor road surface and simply elaborate. Because clearly u didnt burn off some rubber or go sliding about as a drifter. U went around at a reasonable speed and returned to ur lane.

U cannot, however, defend yourself for the wrong side of the road violation as u have already admitted fault to going AROUND the issue knowingly (I believe). But I've seen (as I was part of the court session) that u can plead NO CONTEST on both if there is a valid cause. So maybe, u can attempt to pull it off or simply ask the judge/prosecuter if this can be approved.

x2, these 2 statements pretty much sums up what u should do besides going with a lawyer.

blaknoize
02-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I've been to court 7times in the last 3months resolving my no driver license crap. I've picked up quite a bit. But that would be my route to get the best possible outcome without setting ur pockets on fire.

MikeG
02-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Failure to maintain lane is about 200 bucks in Dekalb

not sure about Gnet

UpSideDownDesi
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
sounds like a setup.

Cops know people are gonna try to avoid those bumps & pot holes and when they do BAM :police:

DecoyOctopus
02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
springlake road?lol.

teh_mugen18
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM

And as long as your car is not "illegally lowered" you should be fine with avoiding things in the road... What i mean by illegally lowered is, as long as your car hasn't been modified beyond legal height limits; Which is no higher or lower than 2inches from factory height IIRC?

Revmaynard
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM

LOL, riiiiiiight.

blaknoize
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
And as long as your car is not "illegally lowered" you should be fine with avoiding things in the road... What i mean by illegally lowered is, as long as your car hasn't been modified beyond legal height limits; Which is no higher or lower than 2inches from factory height IIRC?

This was assuming all things were correct. And even so, he can contest his own conviction. Its not like u would drive through pot holes in a stock height car either. I would go to the other side of the road as well for something that should be repaired by a tax payers taxes.

Dont be trying to give someone a hardtime for avoiding something u and I alike would avoid.

punkr6
02-05-2010, 05:15 PM

you're TOAST.....

tdurr
02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
its 3inches noob.
and if I'm not mistaken its not "illegally lowered" its "altered ride hight" + or - 3 inches.

DecoyOctopus
02-05-2010, 05:44 PM
its 3inches noob.

tdurr
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Decoyoctopus???? wtf name jack?

DecoyOctopus
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Decoyoctopus???? wtf name jack?

:ninja:

SloWRX
02-05-2010, 07:38 PM
you're TOAST.....

I doubt it, I got those when I was 16 and 17 and I'm 21 now. Never lost my license & no speeding tickets for 3 sum years now

40th GT
02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I doubt it, I got those when I was 16 and 17 and I'm 21 now. Never lost my license & no speeding tickets for 3 sum years now
Those tickets should have cleared out by now then. It's the DUIs that stick around for a while, which you didn't say you have.
Don't quote me on that though.

teh_mugen18
02-06-2010, 12:06 AM
This was assuming all things were correct. And even so, he can contest his own conviction. Its not like u would drive through pot holes in a stock height car either. I would go to the other side of the road as well for something that should be repaired by a tax payers taxes.

Dont be trying to give someone a hardtime for avoiding something u and I alike would avoid.

Hey, you never know; it could be one of those random thoughts that crosses someone's mind and it gets brought up that way... better to cover that rear beforehand, and be safe rather than sorry!

blaknoize
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
So what happened to this? Any court appear, any justification? Court date set?

DriVaH
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
we have got to stop giving gwinnett county our money!!!!!!

Bacon
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Take pictars of the road surface and go to court on it. Explain to the judge that you were merely trying to avoid the road damage but don't be a dick about it. Hopefully the judge will be lenient and give you some sort of a break in the matter. My guess is the tickets will be around $200ish. As for a court date, unless the ticket has the date specific on it, it may take a minute to get it set up.

blaknoize
02-13-2010, 10:12 AM
SO... OP got burned or OP came out a champ? I'd really like to know. What u pleaded, what they said and so on. If.. u wouldnt mind

blaknoize
02-22-2010, 08:14 PM
FINAL BUMP, ID LIKE AN ANSWER TO WHAT HAPPENED HERE!!!

d00d
02-22-2010, 08:19 PM
all of these storys make appreciate living in bibb...

speedminded
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
its 3inches noob.
and if I'm not mistaken its not "illegally lowered" its "altered ride hight" + or - 3 inches.It's most definitely 2 inches.

SloWRX
02-22-2010, 09:31 PM
I went to go pay the tickets today. They were $56 each so do the math lol. To the guy that payed $260 for one, you got ripped the HELL off!

Edit: Didn't have to see a judge, just paid the lady at the window & was set to go.

blaknoize
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
^bout time, the only reason I mentioned the judge was because u could of possibly only paid half. But good stuff, unlike the other BS ur in now

Mantooth
02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
It's most definitely 2 inches.If I had a $1 for every time I've said that...

Theycall_Metue
02-22-2010, 09:49 PM
thats good i hear, i would have still asked "what would Jesus do?"

LeX
02-22-2010, 10:05 PM
wow they were that cheap? My ticket for tail light being out was 70 bucks (complete bs)

deutshwise
02-22-2010, 10:11 PM

nnooooooooooooo. each department is different but there is no way a simple ticket like failure to maintain lane is up to 1000 dollars or 12 months in jail. that sounds like a dui charge. i was trained to work in dekalb's heat unit so i know what the hell i am talking about. but to answer the question i would guess for both tickets you could pay up to 600 dollars.

Apex i ITR
02-22-2010, 10:48 PM

Wont help you in Gwinnett.....itsall about the revenue.....Pay the fine online when it posts in a few days you can check the fine online and pay for it......youre gonna waste your time trying to fight it.