PDA

View Full Version : Misc Trim Spa

LaurenK
10-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok...so I know what most of you are thinking when you read the title...I read Oxygen every now and then, and a lot of studies indicate while dieting and excersizing, taking a supplement like Trim Spa, Hydroxycut, or whatever helps to burn more fat and shed weight faster? Why is this, and is this true?

4dmin
10-28-2005, 01:09 PM
WoW no way *diet/excersizing* makes you loose wieght :eek: --- honey if there was a magic pill everyone would take ;)

KMDX
10-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Trim spa doesn't work...its the diet and exercise that is making you lose weight not the pill

LaurenK
10-28-2005, 01:44 PM
UM...HELLO! You guys don't read...I understand that you have to diet and exersize, but there have been studies to where if you incorporate these supplements in with that, you can lose more than with just diet and exersize. They have done studies with test groups...it's all in oxygen.

4dmin
10-28-2005, 01:49 PM
UM...HELLO! You guys don't read...I understand that you have to diet and exersize, but there have been studies to where if you incorporate these supplements in with that, you can lose more than with just diet and exersize. They have done studies with test groups...it's all in oxygen.

ya honey, you know what the studies are... BS paperwork that is sign off by a DENTIST... ya thats right many products such as don't have any regulations... they can use an DR. to sign off on their shit... like a PHD in BS ;)

Kelly_Rene
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
I have good luck with Trim Spa

AznTraitor
10-28-2005, 04:37 PM
it's a sugar pill that's suppose to motivate you....

lol....

the original hydroxycut was loaded with ephedra which

taken from a med website

Ephedra increases metabolism and helps promote weight loss, relaxes the air passages in the lungs to help treat asthma and cough, and promotes perspiration to help a person recover from a minor cold and helps promote urination to help relieve edema. Ephedra has been widely researched for its thermogenic (fat burning) properties. Research has show that Ephedra helps promote the loss of fat while helping spare lean muscle tissue, a highly sought-after property that prescription diet medications still have not been able to reproduce.

the problem was, some people were popping these pills like, 4 or 5 at a time, and apparently that causes alot of problems because your metabolism cant from from slow, to turbo in like 10mins, it's not healthy.

to me, it's all a mind game....because you take the pill and then go work out, and in your mind, you are like, oh man, I feel so much stronger and I can go a little bit longer.....

I can get a trim spa bottle and fill it up with flintstone chews and take a real bottle with trim spa and give it to both motivated people, I bet they would shed pretty much the same weight within 2-3lbs.

Leisa
10-28-2005, 09:37 PM
I associate with a guy that works in our office in Miami that started taking trimspa in January... with no exercise and just a good diet , and he has lost 90 pounds.

C22H19N3O4
10-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Hmm...check out the nutritional facts on TrimSpaX32. The list is pretty generic except for the Hoodia plant. A lot of diet pills claim to have Hoodia in it, but the owners of Hoodia ( African Kalahari bushmen and Phytopharm UK hold the patents) haven't licensed it to any company. I'll give a quick breakdown...lol. The patent for Hoodia (P57) has been fought for decades, I think starting back in the 60's. Perhaps some of you watched the BBC documentaries on Hoodia and the piece by 60 minutes in '04. Do I think it might actually work...yes. Do I think TrimSpa actually contains Hoodia gordonii...hell no. It would cost them a fortune. Remember that nutritional supplements aren't FDA regulated, well they are but under very "loose" terms. If you haven't watched the BBC piece it's VERY interesting. The reporters actually sampled the Hoodia and didn't feel hungry for almost the entire day with no adverse side effects! I've been waiting for real P57 to hit the mass market for a while now :( . Here are some links if you want to read up on it:
The BBC link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/correspondent/2947810.stm)
The CBS News link (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/18/60minutes/main656458.shtml)
Patent holders of P57 (http://www.phytopharm.co.uk/hoodia_faq.html)

C22H19N3O4
10-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Yes and no. Find the studies and link them. I guess I should at least try and explain my answer lol. I think I understand what you're saying Lauren, but taking dietary supplements won't increase your oxygen intake very much. Ephedra was used to relieve asthma symptoms by its bronchodilating action, meaning it dilates the bronchioles that supply the lungs with oxygen but not in large amounts. Ephedrine can sharply raise blood pressure and heart rate. See the trade off? Let's not think about the pre-existing conditions that consumers didn't know about before taking ephedra..i.e arrhythmia. In the past the OTC asthma pills had maybe 5mg of Epinephrine, which is a small amount.
Slowly increasing AEROBIC sessions and committing to a healthy lifestyle increases oxygen intake. Improvements in fitness occur by increasing the body's use of oxygen (a.k.a., oxygen consumption). Whether the intensity is high and duration is short, or the intensity is low and duration is long, relatively the same amount of oxygen is utilized and the same number of calories is expended.
Also, Yoga helps increase your oxygen intake in a slow and controlled manner, well any deep breathing exercises will help. Eating plenty of raw fruits and veggies and not over cooking them increases oxygen b/c of the chlorophyll. So in essence a healthy lifestyle is the key. I think the Ephedra in fat loss pills were added for the thermogenic process. It is thought that ephedrine contributes to a thermogenic effect by causing the adrenal glands to dump epinephrine into the blood stream, leading to increased body temperature, and, therefore, expending more calories. Here's the brief pharmacology of ephedra:
--they can induce cardiac arrhythmias in susceptible people, such as those with underlying coronary artery disease
--increased mortality has been observed in patients with congestive heart failure who were treated with sympathomimetic drugs; studies that showed these adverse effects occurred in about 3 months of product use.
--Elevated blood pressure.
So that's all the FDA looked at when banning ephedra..lol. Basically oxygen is key in fat loss but no supplement will increase your ability to consume more oxygen. Again Aerobic (presence of oxygen) exercise is the mainstay of improving oxygen consumption. Don't believe everything you read in fitness magazines. Some of them are owned by supplement companies. I personally don't believe ephedra should have been banned. Actually, it's still used in cold remedies sold in stores :lmfao: It's not the use but the abuse.
Ok I'm done typing.. :D

Leisa
10-28-2005, 10:46 PM
so what do you suggest for a weight loss supplement?

C22H19N3O4
10-29-2005, 12:22 AM

Well Leisa it's hard to say. Before I would recommend a supplement I would have to know the foundation you've set for a healthy lifestyle. I honestly would not suggest any fat loss supplement until you have consistently adhered to a diet and workout plan. By consistent I mean at least a year. But supplementation could be mean different things to different people. I supplement with a multi-vitamin with antioxidants and fiber caps...yes fiber caps! My girlfriend is on a multi-vitamin with higher amounts of folic acid and Cal-Mag. These supplements ( in my opinion ) help further your healthy lifestyle and increase weight loss. You have to look at the entire picture and not focus on just one area...like a weight loss pill. Also, keep in the mind that fitness models, celebs, professional athletes have access to pharmaceutical grade recovery and metabolic enhancers that we can't afford. There is no miracle drug for weight loss and that includes pyruvate,chitosan, HCA, CLA, and etc. Let's be TOTALLY honest. Fat loss is about will power. A person can claim heredity, being on Rx meds, mobility issues or previous injuries but there is ALWAYS a way to work around those things. But getting back to will power, surround yourself with people willing to provide help in your weightloss efforts. Yes that means getting Brett on right track lol. But imagine the affects it will have on your entire family. I know its cliche but you have to start with the basics. I think the greatest gift you can give your family is the gift of health. We all want to live a long time to watch everyone grow up. So get a complete physical done with blood work (CBC, lipid profile etc.). The physical and blood work may reveal a reason why past diets have failed. Perhaps diabetes or a thyroid issue. But IMO emotional support is very critical in creating a healthy lifestyle. :)

GirlieZ
10-29-2005, 02:42 AM
placebo....there is no quik fix, its a lifestyle change that makes u loose weight

LaurenK
10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I understand that for the 27th time...I was just asking if taking this product in conjunction with diet and exercise could possibly help...

Annihilation
10-30-2005, 03:23 PM

Sex is always the answer !

EX:

person 1: I'm bored
person 2: Lets have sex then

Person 1: I'm hungry
person 2: lets have sex

person 1: I'm Scared
person 2: Lets fuck

See...............

Leisa
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
I understand that for the 27th time...I was just asking if taking this product in conjunction with diet and exercise could possibly help...

I would say yes.. Lauren

GirlieZ
10-30-2005, 08:13 PM
I would say yes.. Lauren

NO!!!!

C22H19N3O4
10-31-2005, 10:49 AM

Honestly, this is the wrong place to ask that queston. You're going to get mixed answers. You won't get a definitive answer that you'll be happy with. IF you're set on trying it then go ahead. Make sure you investigate the active ingredients first. Not everything works for everyone. Ever read the small print under the before and after pics of weight loss pills? The after pic says "results not typical of average user." So try it out and report back.

EKnight
11-26-2005, 02:14 PM
honestly, Agree with ^, the best thing to do is to suppress your hunger by eating heavy protein, low fat diet. Which mainly leaves one thing, chicken. High protein and the right carbs are the best thing for even women who practice the gym routine. But you just cant hope on the eliptical and expect it to fall off. Give a month or 2 of strenght training and the weight should start to fall off. (sorry, damn college health and fitness classes!!)Like others have said, most pills are highly sugarized and caffinated in which studies have should linkes to caffine and weight gain.