PDA

View Full Version : "On the road again..."

quickdodgeŽ
02-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Most definitely. I checked out my mileage on the computer in my truck this evening and, in not even two weeks yet, I've logged 3,489 miles. This Friday will make two weeks since I have been back and I will have about 4,300-4,500 miles by then. All in two weeks. Damn no wonder I'm tired. Later, QD.

browningboy7
02-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Damnit man, I give you guys a lot of credit. I damn sure don't think my brain or body could handle all the stress. :goodjob:

1990wade
02-04-2010, 03:00 AM
are u a truck driver...jw

quickdodgeŽ
02-04-2010, 03:05 AM
^^^ Yes I drive an 18 wheeler.

Browning, it isn't really too bad. Just got to keep your endurance up. Like tonight, I drove from Atlanta to 40 miles South of Columbia, SC. And back. With one 15 minute break. It was about a 500 mile round trip. Exhausting when your done, but sometimes not during. Later, QD.

browningboy7
02-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Browning, it isn't really too bad. Just got to keep your endurance up. Like tonight, I drove from Atlanta to 40 miles South of Columbia, SC. And back. With one 15 minute break. It was about a 500 mile round trip. Exhausting when your done, but sometimes not during. Later, QD.

I drove round trip with nothing but gas stations stops from here to PA *in a car* last summer and when I got back I felt like I could sleep for a week, It was something like 22hours in total.

1990wade
02-04-2010, 03:09 AM
yea i work a distribution center doin logistics gating in trucks and gating them out and man them guys look tired as hell... yea my grandad also did this until he retired i believe he has been to every state twice except hawaii lol...

1990wade
02-04-2010, 03:10 AM
I drove round trip with nothing but gas stations stops from here to PA *in a car* last summer and when I got back I felt like I could sleep for a week, It was something like 22hours in total.

me and my uncle took a road trip during the summer to california man wat a damn drive

Elbow
02-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I sit in a car 17 hours straight twice a week, I feel your pain.

Jblizzard
02-04-2010, 07:54 AM
I use to work in a warehouse in Forest Park, and doing so, I made a lot of truck driver friends. Huge props to you man, I've heard and seen a lot of the crap ya'll have to deal with from all the jerks on the road.

keep on truckin'

ilovemyhonda.
02-04-2010, 08:25 AM
WOW QD, kudos, because I couldn't do it. I start to get aggravated driving to FL. I hate sitting for a long time.

AnthonyF
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Be safe out there QD. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Echonova
02-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Wow, that's impressive. Of course my rig doesn't carry cargo, but I think I did 12,000 miles all of last year. 2001 Volvo and it still has under 100k miles. LOL

Blitanicle99
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Dude... your bladder must have some serious tolerance.

-EnVus-
02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Im thinking of getting into driving but only local

quickdodgeŽ
02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I sit in a car 17 hours straight twice a week, I feel your pain.

Lolol.

Huge props to you man,

WOW QD, kudos, because I couldn't do it.

Be safe out there QD. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Preciate it, fellas and gal.

Wow, that's impressive. Of course my rig doesn't carry cargo, but I think I did 12,000 miles all of last year. 2001 Volvo and it still has under 100k miles. LOL

Rookie, lolol. I'l be finding out how many miles I've driven total this afternoon.

Dude... your bladder must have some serious tolerance.

Surprisingly, yes. Which is good for this job because I don't have to hardly stop.

Im thinking of getting into driving but only local

I'm a "local" driver. I don't go any further out that I can't get back the same day. Huntsville, AL, just North of Panama City, FL, Orangeburg, SC, Knoxville, TN, Savannah, GA are as far as we go.

But it sure makes for some good, easy money. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
ahhh omg omg QD noticed me LMAO! Doesn't your tush go numb after sitting so long? Mine does and it irritates me and I start going bananas.

Echonova
02-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Rookie:(

EJdm
02-04-2010, 10:52 AM
man i drove from cali to here...3 days 2 nights...pits stops gas and sometimes to stretch...i'll drive like that again...driving to from Mall of GA to the airport already drives me nuts....

1MP0RTL0V3R
02-04-2010, 11:04 AM
i havent personally drove the whole way but ive been from ga to california and also from ga all the way to gautemala in a car and towing another car the whole way only took 3 days now thats tiring

quickdodgeŽ
02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
ahhh omg omg QD noticed me LMAO! Doesn't your tush go numb after sitting so long? Mine does and it irritates me and I start going bananas.

No, actually, it doesn't. All that's on my mind is getting back to the yard so I can go home or to get another load to run out. More loads equals more money so I keep moving. I do hope I'm running in town tonight, though. I'm definitely tired, lolol. Later, QD.

ilovemyhonda.
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
No, actually, it doesn't. All that's on my mind is getting back to the yard so I can go home or to get another load to run out. More loads equals more money so I keep moving. I do hope I'm running in town tonight, though. I'm definitely tired, lolol. Later, QD.

I think I just have to much junk in my trunk so after awhile the cushion I have starts to go numb lol..........AMEN to more money though.

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I went over 4,700 miles as of last Friday. Later, QD.

FleeceJhnsn
02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
damn man thats some drivin... props

is it difficult to get into truck driving right now without any experience other than school?

40th GT
02-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Got any pics of the rig? I was always fascinated by them. I'd listen to one move and the driver would have to shift every 50 ft or so, lol.

miragemaniac
02-09-2010, 02:13 AM
I've thought about being a truck driver.What company do you drive for if iI may ask.And what kind of education/training would be neccesary to get started?

YoTa_BoX
02-09-2010, 07:47 AM
2 summers ago I drove to Sanfran in 2 1/2 days. My first day I made it to the middle of Arizona. Its amazing how long of a state California is. my last 9 hours driving was just driving up Cali lol.

I love driving though, I really want to do it for a living. Id love to be doing what you're doing QD, I hope one day to be a driver :D Nothing better (to me) than the open road.

Echonova
02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
damn man thats some drivin... props

is it difficult to get into truck driving right now without any experience other than school?The schools are flooded right now with folks that have been laid off. The good news is most realize it isn't as easy as they thought and quit within 6-8 months of getting their license.

I'd listen to one move and the driver would have to shift every 50 ft or so, lol.I usually start out in 3rd gear and shift three times before making it thru an intersection.

what kind of education/training would be neccesary to get started?A CDL school, and on the job training. You'll start with a big carrier (like Werner) where you will make less per mile... but you're working ain't ya.

2 summers ago I drove to Sanfran in 2 1/2 days. My first day I made it to the middle of Arizona. Its amazing how long of a state California is. my last 9 hours driving was just driving up Cali lol.

I love driving though, I really want to do it for a living. Id love to be doing what you're doing QD, I hope one day to be a driver :D Nothing better (to me) than the open road.There is nothing open about the open road.:cry:

Mantooth
02-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I hate driving, unless it's for pleasure. I have to drive a lot now for work, but I'm trying to get back in another division of my company. Idk how you do it. Props to you.:goodjob:

40th GT
02-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I usually start out in 3rd gear and shift three times before making it thru an intersection.

Yep. I didn't realize how low 1st gear is on those trucks and accidentally left the lot doing a burnout in the u-haul truck I rented a while back. lol

Echonova
02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Yep. I didn't realize how low 1st gear is on those trucks and accidentally left the lot doing a burnout in the u-haul truck I rented a while back. lolUnless you rented a 10 speed manual (which I doubt) the gearing is even lower...

I rock a Super-10 FTW!!!!!!!!!

Rockwell 10's suck fat cock.

Echonova
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Even lower with an 18-speed...

quickdodgeŽ
02-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Another 500 miles put down, lolol. Just got in from near Charleston again. I drive a 10 speed 2009 International. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-10-2010, 05:14 AM
is it difficult to get into truck driving right now without any experience other than school?

You won't get a job without either a CDL or going to school. I had my CDL when I got on with this trucking company. But when you get in school, it isn't too hard to get on with a "starter" company.

Got any pics of the rig? I was always fascinated by them. I'd listen to one move and the driver would have to shift every 50 ft or so, lol.

It's a 2009 International TranStar like the one in the picture only white in color (only I have 2 drive axles instead of one). And the super single tires.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dfaust/2008/03-22/march22-031.jpg
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dfaust/2009/03-06/od-super-singles-002_sml.jpg

I've thought about being a truck driver.What company do you drive for if iI may ask.And what kind of education/training would be neccesary to get started?

I don't usually give out my employer. If you don't have a CDL, you need to go to one of the many schools out there. Later, QD.

miragemaniac
02-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Ahh...understandable...but thanks for the info on the rest of it...I'm gonna look into this for sure.

quickdodgeŽ
02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Ahh...understandable...but thanks for the info on the rest of it...I'm gonna look into this for sure.

Yeah, unless you have access to a truck to take the test in, you'll need to go through a school. From what I know, you actually get your license through the school. You go through their course (think it's about 2-3 weeks) and then take a final test and you get your license from that. Most of them have some sort of job placement deal. Or some of the trucking companies have their own schools as well. Later, QD.

miragemaniac
02-10-2010, 08:32 AM
thats awesome...now just to take the last GED test and i'll be all set :P