PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods going turbo

CautionMeDC2
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
ok so iv been thinking and have decided to go turbo. im 18 and only making minimum wage so i kinda am on a budget. iv been thinking about an egay turbo kit for starters and upgrade from there or just keep saving my money. i dont plan on making big hp numbers, plus its going to be my dd and i wont be racing. my gsr is basically stock, just a couple of bolt ons.

any helpfull advice is appreciated

dallasb84
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
get your tune money first then start buying parts....

all in all read "my turbo build" in this area..... it will be helpful for you.

it was his first turbo kit and he got it done almost.....

were here for ya

14thecount
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
go ebay kit, make sure you get a log manifoild kit though, and yea make sure you save for tune money aswell, i have got 3 buddy's with the ebay kits and the not under 200hp. just later upgrade the wastegate and the bov, and mainfoild. then turbo lastly!

CautionMeDC2
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
the ecu i have now is chipped and tuned already. i think. idk wat its tuned for tho

DC2NR
02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
the ecu i have now is chipped and tuned already. i think. idk wat its tuned for tho

Doesn't matter if it's tuned already. After putting on a turbo you'll be running under different conditions which will requie another tune. So you should at least have $300-$400 extra just for the tune.

EJdm
02-03-2010, 11:21 PM
boosted is fun but pricey....

CautionMeDC2
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
so iv heard thts why im still iffy about it. i plans were to jus go n/a but everyone around where im at is going boost, so i said f**k it me too:D

big mac
02-03-2010, 11:48 PM
do it right the first time if not dont do it at all. i had to learn the hard way. i got spare turbo parts if you need for cheap so let me know. if you need advice or anythingh

CautionMeDC2
02-03-2010, 11:57 PM
do it right the first time if not dont do it at all. i had to learn the hard way. i got spare turbo parts if you need for cheap so let me know. if you need advice or anythingh

i will keep tht in mind. plus your like 30 mins away from me.

big mac
02-03-2010, 11:57 PM
i will keep tht in mind. plus your like 30 mins away from me.

where are you from man?

CautionMeDC2
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
where are you from man?

gainesville

big mac
02-04-2010, 12:11 AM
aight cool i see

alpine_aw11
02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Keep saving your money and buy quality parts. If you want to save money, do it with your FMIC kit. Ebay ones are generally fine. But most of those kits aren't going to come with everything you need, you have to setup your oil return lines and whatnot, and ebay kits usually don't satisfy a car that isn't setup for boost already. Plus considering engine managment and tuning, it adds up to be costly if you want to do it right. Take your time and try to find good used parts if your low on money.

marcos713
02-08-2010, 01:27 AM
im in the same boat you are. im 18 and i want to boost my car as well. at 1st i was going to re-build my current engine but then i started seeing good deals on parts so i started buying and saving. ive been buying stuff here and there since october and everything is finally coming together. basically do what every1 else said, save your money and do it right. it will be worth it in the long run b/c once you have a boosted car i hear you start wanting more boost. but its all up to you. GL