PDA

View Full Version : Random My dog

Jaimecbr900
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
This is a quick video of my dog, Max, doing some protection training recently. He is going to soon start his AOC training and then he's gonna be a little more scary. :yes:

I know some people on here have pets that are trained, so I figured they'd like it.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu6na1NmTl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHw5GKzmwYk

Now.....who wants to come over unannounced??? :D;)

StarBwoy
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
cool dog bro +reps

j0nbunklah0m
02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
holy shit her saying "watch max" gets annoying loll no offense or anything, cool dog

Jaimecbr900
02-03-2010, 07:42 AM
holy shit her saying "watch max" gets annoying loll no offense or anything, cool dog

That's part of the training. Once he moves on to AOC, the commands change so no more "Watch Max". :goodjob:

EJdm
02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
lol...good shit bro...i need a dog too...thinking about a boxer or somthing but i really want a gsp for my son...

BLK JDM
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Who's doing the training and how's the pricing Jaime? I want to get Tyson protection trained.

Jaimecbr900
02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Who's doing the training and how's the pricing Jaime? I want to get Tyson protection trained.

I took him to a place called Man's Best Friend. They have a few locations in Atlanta, but I took him to the one in Norcross. It's not cheap, but it is a lifetime training program. So you pay for it once and can bring him/her back as many times as you want to continue the training and/or sharpen them back up.

Max did the obedience and protection training part already. The first part they have to stay at the location for 2 wks. Then you bring in the family to go over the commands and practice, then you take him/her home. You have to continue the training at home and outside though. They get comfy at home and start to sometimes be lazy about commands. I take Max to the park to get him used to seeing strangers, other dogs, and work with him on the obedience commands. He did great the other day. They actually come out to your house to continue too. I wanted to bring him in to their facility to do the protection part because I don't want to "sick" him on anyone that comes over to the house, i.e. friends, so I don't get to practice that part as much as I'd like.

It has been great so for us so far. Joan takes him on some of her more scary appraisals and she has no worries about anyone messing with her. At home, he's even more aggressive because it's "his" domain. Know what I mean? That's how I want it. We have a yap-yap lap dog, so everyone can play with her. Kinda like having a DD and a race car....Max is my race car dog.....:D