PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel control

Nguyen128
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Been posting a lot in here and finally settled on upgrading my stock hu so there won't be anymore of these lol. Just ordered a Pioneer p4100DVD, didn't want to wait for the p4200dvd. Got all the stuff i need gmos 03, dash kit, antenna adapter but ran into a problem when i ordered the PAC SWI-PS. When I checked crutchfields they said it would fit for my headunit but not my car. & the PAC website doesn't show anything either (09 Pontiac G5). So does anyone know any other option? if I don't add the steering wheel controls will I also lose the cruise control?

& anyone know a good/cheap shop that can install this? Area 41 wanted 66 & gwinnett sound wanted 120? :eek:

Scott P
02-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Been posting a lot in here and finally settled on upgrading my stock hu so there won't be anymore of these lol. Just ordered a Pioneer p4100DVD, didn't want to wait for the p4200dvd. Got all the stuff i need gmos 03, dash kit, antenna adapter but ran into a problem when i ordered the PAC SWI-PS. When I checked crutchfields they said it would fit for my headunit but not my car. & the PAC website doesn't show anything either (09 Pontiac G5). So does anyone know any other option? if I don't add the steering wheel controls will I also lose the cruise control?

& anyone know a good/cheap shop that can install this? Area 41 wanted 66 & gwinnett sound wanted 120? :eek:

First the Pac SWIPS will work for that car. I've done it.

Second even if you don't retain the steering wheel controls your cruise control will work since they are completly independant of one another.

Third putting any radio in that car is fairly labor intensive. The amount of the dash that needs to be removed alone would justify that chanrge if not even more. And that is before you get into the fact that you are trying to put in a double din dvd player with a seperate steering wheel control module.

The problem is you and so many people like you on this forum want installers to bend over backwards and do sh*t for free. Guess what I wouldn't touch your car for less than 150 in labor. But the catch is I'd put the quality of my work up against any one in the country, let alone this city. And I know Colin at Audio Wizards and Justin at Area 41 would say the same about there work. So just keep in mind that you get what you pay for, so if you are trying to cheap out on the installation don't expect it to be any where to the same level quality as if a real installer put it in . . .

AV8ter
02-02-2010, 08:36 PM

Second even if you don't retain the steering wheel controls your cruise control will work since they are completly independant of one another.

Third putting any radio in that car is fairly labor intensive. The amount of the dash that needs to be removed alone would justify that chanrge if not even more. And that is before you get into the fact that you are trying to put in a double din dvd player with a seperate steering wheel control module.

The problem is you and so many people like you on this forum want installers to bend over backwards and do sh*t for free. Guess what I wouldn't touch your car for less than 150 in labor. But the catch is I'd put the quality of my work up against any one in the country, let alone this city. And I know Colin at Audio Wizards and Justin at Area 41 would say the same about there work. So just keep in mind that you get what you pay for, so if you are trying to cheap out on the installation don't expect it to be any where to the same level quality as if a real installer put it in . . .

Amen.

If you wanted a free/cheap install, go to Best Buy. They will gladly fuck up the dash(and god knows what else it takes) to get it in there.

Kevin

Nguyen128
02-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the input, I suppose. Got it figured out though thanks to Dynamic. I didn't even think of best buy... good thing.

slimm
02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
if you do decide to go to best buy, go to the one on moreland and let mike do the install. that dude is a monster. ive seen his work. he used to work at hifi buys (the only big chain that actually did good work) and is great at his craft.

audiowiz
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM

Amen +1, Preach, dude.