PDA

View Full Version : doing your own car interior

n00bsrus
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Not sure if this is the exact place for this thread, but i have a question for yall to see what you think...

I'm thinking about painting my interior plastics and was wondering what you guys would recommend as far as paints. my s10 has a textured dash, but i was thinking about sanding/fiberglassing it so i can paint a smooth surface... just wondering what type of paint i should use... thanks!

Kevykev
02-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Not sure if this is the exact place for this thread, but i have a question for yall to see what you think...

I'm thinking about painting my interior plastics and was wondering what you guys would recommend as far as paints. my s10 has a textured dash, but i was thinking about sanding/fiberglassing it so i can paint a smooth surface... just wondering what type of paint i should use... thanks!

Sand and use Filler primer. Fiberglassing will be more work.

If you're painting it a simple color go to a parts store to get the paint.

If you're color matching - PPG paint will work or any automotive paint for that matter . Maybe you can find a paint guy to do it for cheap.

'95droppedcivic' does paint

T.S.
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
yeah fiberglassing a dash is a bitch, I wouldnt recommend it if you could do without. Take kevykev's word. Sand it out really good then primer and paint it.

95droppedhatch
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Sand and use Filler primer. Fiberglassing will be more work.

If you're painting it a simple color go to a parts store to get the paint.

If you're color matching - PPG paint will work or any automotive paint for that matter . Maybe you can find a paint guy to do it for cheap.

'95droppedcivic' does paint

thanks for the thinking of me kev but its 95droppedhatch lol

Kevykev
02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
thanks for the thinking of me kev but its 95droppedhatch lol

bahh same thing! :D