PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple questions

FasTech
02-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Alright, been thinking outside the box about doing a B20a swap in my 1985 Honda Accord. I've been almost to the point I wanted to scrap the car but something just will not let me get rid of it.

Of course, I've read up on a few different fourms and read a few build threads dealing with the same swap. Now, 2ndgenguy on HT and 3geez.com, used bike carbs with a custom intake mani. I want to run FI (Fuel Injection) if I did the swap. Getting the motor and all the misc parts are not the problems. But I do want to know what engine harness I would have to run, if anyone would have any idea's. I'm not a wire guy, so I'm a complete noob to harnesses.

Question #1: What engine harness can I run? 88-89 prelude Si harness? 86-89 Accord FI harness?

Question #2: Would I have to also replace with dash harness out of the 88-89 prelude or 86-89 Accord? I kinda figured I would, seeing as how nothing interior wise would work because the 85 interior wouldn't match up to the ecu out of the prelude or newer Accord.

Question #3: Does anyone know of any good build threads, with same set-up or course, that has good details, etc. I've searched all through HT and the 2geez sub fourm of 3geez, and this 2ndgenguy's is the only one I could find.

Question #4: Anyone that could build me a harness or use one discribed above and make it work? Don't need ChaseBays in this situation. lol.

I just want to have all my ducks in a row before I go making any mistakes and spending all my money on a never ending process of wiring. Been down that road before....:2up: <---to that headache. lol

All the help would be great and I'll + rep you. lol.

FasTech
02-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh and I was told by a guy off 3geez's that a 83-85 Accord Lxi harness would work. Any opinions on that?

quickdodgeŽ
02-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Damn. Later, QD.

FasTech
02-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Damn. Later, QD.

?? Think its a bad idea? I know it would be some work, for sure. But if wiring will not be such a big issue as I'm thinking it will be, I'll try and tackle the project. Mounts, are not a problem at all. Just alittle modification to the driver side mount and passenger side mount. Front mount lines up and the 3g Accord mount work in the back. My other issue would be axles. I'm still reading up on this other guys build thread and I think he said the driver side prelude axle fits perfect but the passenger side is a bit to long. Then I would have to find someone to shorten it.

If I can just figure out the wiring, I'll be in good shape. But I have it set in my mind I will not do it unless I can convert it to FI. I just can't stand carbs. lol.

FasTech
02-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Maybe moving to General Tech would get it alittle bit more attention? Will you move it, Qd?

quickdodgeŽ
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
?? Think its a bad idea?

My "damn" comment was because I was eying this car for a while, lolol. But it's all good as I don't need to get it. My next purchase has to be a Cherokee for the wife.

Maybe moving to General Tech would get it alittle bit more attention? Will you move it, Qd?

Moved. Later, QD.

FasTech
02-01-2010, 12:59 AM
My "damn" comment was because I was eying this car for a while, lolol. But it's all good as I don't need to get it. My next purchase has to be a Cherokee for the wife.

Moved. Later, QD.

Thanks, QD. And oh, I gotcha now. Its always up for sale. Just let me know if you want to grab it up. lol.

J-ROCK
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
buy it qd lol! four doors for the wifey