PDA

View Full Version : Someone owned the Hwy sign on...

Julio
10-27-2005, 08:10 PM
the ramp.. getting on 285 west ( towards Doraville ) from 85 north ..

They wrote a name , I think it says.. Snoopy or some shit like that..

You cant miss driving under it.. whoever did it has some major balls getting up there.

Spyder
10-27-2005, 08:11 PM

You cant miss driving under it.. whoever did it has some major balls getting up there.

I pass it everyday, i will take pictures tomorrow lol.

TranceDJ06
10-27-2005, 08:12 PM
yeah..good thinkin, Post it up afterwords.

Julio
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
I saw it this morning at around 7:30 am

Kevykev
10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
seen it, also on heading on 285N Towards 85

Julio
10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
bhwhhaa that dude was everywhere then..

God
10-27-2005, 08:27 PM
i thought it said spooky
and here i thought someone was just getting festive for halloween

Julio
10-27-2005, 08:33 PM
i thought it said spooky
and here i thought someone was just getting festive for halloween

yeah thats what it said.. I was close.. But hard to catch when you going 60+ mph

funny shit though :D

TranceDJ06
10-27-2005, 08:33 PM
he gon fall flat down on tha highway one of theese nights..hahah

UpSideDownDesi
10-27-2005, 09:23 PM
he gon fall flat down on tha highway one of theese nights..hahah
:lmfao: then you gonna see "Damn"

Schugg
10-27-2005, 10:03 PM
haha it would be funny to see a sign with spoo or snoo whichever it says, then when its time for the next letter it just has it started in a spray line going straight down

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 10:06 PM
LOL

highway signs are tough, but not impossible. Bridges are the best, no chance of turn arounds :goodjob:

uproot
10-27-2005, 10:10 PM
yeah i saw that yesterday on my way to school.... i think it does say spooky, not sure though.

NzProjeKt
10-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I have been passing the sign by everyday on the way to work, and honestly it isnt anything special... Yall are gassing these kids up wayyy the fuck too much... They wrote "spooky" and "sk" on the buford hwy sign off 285. "SK" stands for Silent Kids and they have been writing on many properties around Norcross and surrounding cities. Ive do a little writing here and there myself, but I do it for the passion itself and do not destroy property. Plus, I do actual pieces and I make them look nice. Anyway, here is an article I found on AJC..

Taggers' excuse just doesn't wash
Rick Badie - Staff
Thursday, August 4, 2005

I got an e-mail the other day from the teens who have made a habit out of spray-painting property along Jimmy Carter Boulevard.

"Spooky" and "Kelor" --- members of the so-called SK (Silent Kids) crew --- admonished me for "talkin' bad" about them and their work.

And get this: They claim that the mess they left on a dozen or so buildings a few weekends ago serves a purpose.

"We want to make you realize we don't wanna live in a place where going to work and then coming back to sleep is life," Kelor wrote. "We need some kind of hang-out place where everyone can come and do recreational activities. I know you are going to try and follow up where and who I am. You can do it. I don't care."

Actually, he did. Seems homeboy and his buddies don't want the cops to learn their real names and addresses. Kelor and I exchanged several e-mails this week before he reneged on a face-to-face interview tentatively planned for Wednesday.

You can justify just about anything if you think about it long enough. Kelor and Spooky may truly believe they're right to deface property.

Or maybe they're trying to play me. It's hard to justify what they're doing, and for residents who are tired of seeing scribblings on buildings and signs all over the county, their explanations don't fly.

For sake of discussion, though, let's look at what they said. They want a teen recreation center, or something like that, for youngsters who live in neighborhoods in and around Jimmy Carter Boulevard. Sure, there are parks in the area, but most times the fields are taken up with league play.

"There is no way around it --- our area is underserved with parks and recreational activities," admitted Sen. Curt Thompson, who's working to revitalize JCB and other declining corridors. "But they need to realize that tagging is illegal, absolutely illegal. I am quite certain that if a group of teens signed petitions or conducted a sit-in about their concerns, the county would take notice. Those are legitimate ways of expressing a need.

"Painting graffiti is not telling the county we need more park space or a teen rec center. That's telling the county to hire more police officers."

Via e-mail, Kelor told me about his life. He's 16, and claims to be an "A" student and a rising junior at a local school. He likes to break dance, draw (imagine that), read and plan his next graffiti hit. Dad designs pipe structures for a living. Mom works in a factory. He's got a brother and a sister. He's been a tagger since he was 13, but only recently took up the admittedly "ugly and bad lookin' " scribblings occasionally visible along JCB.

Spray-painting graffiti isn't something you do in broad daylight. What does Kelor tell his parents to break free at night?

"There is always a new excuse to stay out late," he wrote. "I might tell them I am spending the night over at my friend's house, or just tell them I am going to another concert."

I asked Kelor what would make him and Spooky stop destroying property that costs hundreds and, in some cases, thousands of dollars to paint over or chemically clean.

"All we are askin' for is a sane place" to hang out, he wrote. "Try and use your skills to [write\] something that will make a change."

Too bad this kid and his friends don't take their own advice.

Their purpose is that they want a recreation center.. WTF ???? :screwy:
And they admit that they do "ugly and bad looking" scribbles..

gtikid
10-27-2005, 11:03 PM
I have been passing the sign by everyday on the way to work, and honestly it isnt anything special... Yall are gassing these kids up wayyy the fuck too much... They wrote "spooky" and "sk" on the buford hwy sign off 285. "SK" stands for Silent Kids and they have been writing on many properties around Norcross and surrounding cities. Ive do a little writing here and there myself, but I do it for the passion itself and do not destroy property. Plus, I do actual pieces and I make them look nice. Anyway, here is an article I found on AJC..

Taggers' excuse just doesn't wash
Rick Badie - Staff
Thursday, August 4, 2005

I got an e-mail the other day from the teens who have made a habit out of spray-painting property along Jimmy Carter Boulevard.

"Spooky" and "Kelor" --- members of the so-called SK (Silent Kids) crew --- admonished me for "talkin' bad" about them and their work.

And get this: They claim that the mess they left on a dozen or so buildings a few weekends ago serves a purpose.

"We want to make you realize we don't wanna live in a place where going to work and then coming back to sleep is life," Kelor wrote. "We need some kind of hang-out place where everyone can come and do recreational activities. I know you are going to try and follow up where and who I am. You can do it. I don't care."

Actually, he did. Seems homeboy and his buddies don't want the cops to learn their real names and addresses. Kelor and I exchanged several e-mails this week before he reneged on a face-to-face interview tentatively planned for Wednesday.

You can justify just about anything if you think about it long enough. Kelor and Spooky may truly believe they're right to deface property.

Or maybe they're trying to play me. It's hard to justify what they're doing, and for residents who are tired of seeing scribblings on buildings and signs all over the county, their explanations don't fly.

For sake of discussion, though, let's look at what they said. They want a teen recreation center, or something like that, for youngsters who live in neighborhoods in and around Jimmy Carter Boulevard. Sure, there are parks in the area, but most times the fields are taken up with league play.

"There is no way around it --- our area is underserved with parks and recreational activities," admitted Sen. Curt Thompson, who's working to revitalize JCB and other declining corridors. "But they need to realize that tagging is illegal, absolutely illegal. I am quite certain that if a group of teens signed petitions or conducted a sit-in about their concerns, the county would take notice. Those are legitimate ways of expressing a need.

"Painting graffiti is not telling the county we need more park space or a teen rec center. That's telling the county to hire more police officers."

Via e-mail, Kelor told me about his life. He's 16, and claims to be an "A" student and a rising junior at a local school. He likes to break dance, draw (imagine that), read and plan his next graffiti hit. Dad designs pipe structures for a living. Mom works in a factory. He's got a brother and a sister. He's been a tagger since he was 13, but only recently took up the admittedly "ugly and bad lookin' " scribblings occasionally visible along JCB.

Spray-painting graffiti isn't something you do in broad daylight. What does Kelor tell his parents to break free at night?

"There is always a new excuse to stay out late," he wrote. "I might tell them I am spending the night over at my friend's house, or just tell them I am going to another concert."

I asked Kelor what would make him and Spooky stop destroying property that costs hundreds and, in some cases, thousands of dollars to paint over or chemically clean.

"All we are askin' for is a sane place" to hang out, he wrote. "Try and use your skills to [write\] something that will make a change."

Too bad this kid and his friends don't take their own advice.

Their purpose is that they want a recreation center.. WTF ???? :screwy:
And they admit that they do "ugly and bad looking" scribbles..

exactly...we went to school with these kids. Remember Naveed, TFO, the faceless ones and all of them. Personally, i think these guys suck, big time. Their tagging is shitting, pointless, and ugly as fuck. And they tag to get a recreation center? :lmfao: wtf? That's dumb as hell. They tag up just about every single building and sign they see, just to write their gay ass name on it. For what? It's ugly as shit. Now Totem and Sever and all the other of Atlanta's true taggers, their work is art. I believe it's part of the city. Not that gay ass ugly shit that these faggot ass kids write everywhere :rant:

NzProjeKt
10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
exactly...we went to school with these kids. Remember Naveed, TFO, the faceless ones and all of them. Personally, i think these guys suck, big time. Their tagging is shitting, pointless, and ugly as fuck. And they tag to get a recreation center? :lmfao: wtf? That's dumb as hell. They tag up just about every single building and sign they see, just to write their gay ass name on it. For what? It's ugly as shit. Now Totem and Sever and all the other of Atlanta's true taggers, their work is art. I believe it's part of the city. Not that gay ass ugly shit that these faggot ass kids write everywhere :rant:
No Doubt.. Im glad you see where Im comming from..
They arent the real heads.. They are just imposters out for attention.. If your going to be throwing shit up on walls and properties around town, atleast make sure your skills are on point... Who the fuck emails the editor and breaksdown their life to them... :lmfao:

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:06 PM
that is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. pieces of shit like him get crossed out in 5 seconds where I'm from. and then to send emails about it, talkin about he wants a sane place to hang out? :lmfao:

get the fuck outta here w/that. stupid kids need a role model. Tell dad to stop layin the pipe and throw ball w/your stupid ass.

gtikid
10-27-2005, 11:12 PM
No Doubt.. Im glad you see where Im comming from..
They arent the real heads.. They are just imposters out for attention.. If your going to be throwing shit up on walls and properties around town, atleast make sure your skills are on point... Who the fuck emails the editor and breaksdown their life to them... :lmfao:

seriously man...if they want to tag something up, tag up their own fucking house. but i'm sure they wouldn't like that very much since it's their property and they'd have to clean it up, not someone else

NzProjeKt
10-27-2005, 11:13 PM
seriously man...if they want to tag something up, tag up their own fucking house. but i'm sure they wouldn't like that very much since it's their property and they'd have to clean it up, not someone else
LoL.. I tag up the walls in my basement regularly.

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:13 PM
LOL taggin up houses man, thats some shit. I remember "seeing" that happen, the dude was gettin his ass beat the next day while his dad made him clean that shit up. :lmfao:

gtikid
10-27-2005, 11:14 PM

that's cool though...it's your own house...post up some pics of your basement man

gtikid
10-27-2005, 11:15 PM
LOL taggin up houses man, thats some shit. I remember "seeing" that happen, the dude was gettin his ass beat the next day while his dad made him clean that shit up. :lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao: man we got some faggot ass eses/cholos running around my neighborhood tagging up every wooden fence they see man. WTF!! the shit is horrible...what the fuck are they thinking

NzProjeKt
10-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Sure thing. Im workin Graveyard tonight 11-7.
But I'll try to get them up by this weekend.

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:18 PM
wheres your nieghborhood Julian??

RandomGuy
10-27-2005, 11:20 PM
he really does man im like wtf? he has like a thousand cans down there and a pretty decent NZ peice.
I'm pretty sure the fumes from all that paint is the reason Naveed is the way he is.

BTLFED
10-27-2005, 11:29 PM
that is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. pieces of shit like him get crossed out in 5 seconds where I'm from. and then to send emails about it, talkin about he wants a sane place to hang out? :lmfao:

get the fuck outta here w/that. stupid kids need a role model. Tell dad to stop layin the pipe and throw ball w/your stupid ass.

+1

Reality needs to smack those fucking kids in the head.

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:31 PM
hells yea. either that or a blunt object of some sort

BTLFED
10-27-2005, 11:36 PM
hells yea. either that or a blunt object of some sort

They tag on the wrong shit and I am sure that will happen.

Kids these days suck ass.

gtikid
10-27-2005, 11:46 PM
They tag on the wrong shit and I am sure that will happen.

Kids these days suck ass.

:goodjob: +1 yes they do

gtikid
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
wheres your nieghborhood Julian??

right off burns rd...by pipers pub and la cazuela

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:48 PM
-1 for posting you live by "pipers pub"

LOL

BTLFED
10-27-2005, 11:50 PM
-1 for posting you live by "pipers pub"

LOL

Sounds quite midtown metrosexualish.

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:51 PM
LOL

wow. I didnt know those 2 words could mesh so well together. The synergy is quite strong w/ that one.

BTLFED
10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
LOL

wow. I didnt know those 2 words could mesh so well together. The synergy is quite strong w/ that one.

Sometimes the oddest things get typed across this keyboard off the top of my head. Every once in a while I even amaze myself.

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:55 PM
nice man. If I could give you a +19 I would. :goodjob:

If I was Ukrainian though I'd give you a +12, you know they like to score low for some reason...

RandomGuy
10-27-2005, 11:55 PM
HAHA pipers pub... when me and my boys were broke and carless we would meet up at the laundromat next door to pipers pub and play pool. It was one of those insert coin machines. This was waaaay back though... but good 'ol times... we'd come home smellin all clean and shit.

thinkfast®
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
so would you say it hides the weed smell: well, good, or just ok?

BTLFED
10-28-2005, 12:04 AM
nice man. If I could give you a +19 I would. :goodjob:

If I was Ukrainian though I'd give you a +12, you know they like to score low for some reason...

Bahahaha WTF! :lmfao:

I repped you in the tagger thread, but I think when I do it it gives you more than 1? I don't know.:confused:

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
yea I dont know whats goin on with that. I've had like 6-28 reps given to me, but no points? I'm like WTF chinga'o!

99ITRGIRL
10-28-2005, 12:09 AM
ah ha

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 12:11 AM
it's ha ha!! silly goose

RandomGuy
10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
http://www.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~jthean/ThreadDirection.jpg ^^^

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 12:16 AM
So what is your opinion on Miers withdrawal today? I think its because she was a close associate of Bush's. I'm sure he's pondering his next choice and he should be very cautious...

RandomGuy
10-28-2005, 01:24 AM
So what is your opinion on Miers withdrawal today? I think its because she was a close associate of Bush's. I'm sure he's pondering his next choice and he should be very cautious...
lol [thread hijack] Well i do think it was called for and what not. I mean its straight for sure she was all over Bush's nuts and not super-fit for the position. She had little to no experience and etc. The whitie-righties = smilin right now. Well see what happens but this whole thing is kind of funny, if it were me i'd be embarrassed as fuck. [/thread hijack]
Next topic: any1 heard of that cat that some girl lost that got sent to a pound and got shipped to france and she went there to find it... LOL

HiPSI
10-28-2005, 07:52 AM

it's SPOOKY son! spooky also tagged one of the walls on 85N just north of spaghetti junction.

Nittanys1
10-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I saw this on wen. going the same direction and was like why the fuck would some one go and do that...interesting to see how he got out there...but Y....guess I have most my Qs answered now......the only one i still have is when are they going to get in trouble for this and have to clean their shit up!!!

AtifSajid
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM

Now I laughed out real loud to this shit!!! bwhahahaahahahaaaa

God
10-28-2005, 09:13 AM
those kids are fucking dumbasses. i should make them fall off the next overpass sign.

UpSideDownDesi
10-28-2005, 09:18 AM
post pictures

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Now I laughed out real loud to this shit!!! bwhahahaahahahaaaa

Id appreciate a +1, gracias

BTLFED
10-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Id appreciate a +1, gracias

Uh.....dude.....you have a Reputation Level of 436. You are getting rep points...:confused:

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 11:43 AM
oh really? damn I havent noticed :headslap:

so what, I have to be stuck at 436 then? I want more!!! We need to have like, Double up Fridays or something. Double everyone's rep points.

yea, thats whats good.

BTLFED
10-28-2005, 11:55 AM
oh really? damn I havent noticed :headslap:

so what, I have to be stuck at 436 then? I want more!!! We need to have like, Double up Fridays or something. Double everyone's rep points.

yea, thats whats good.

If you click on User CP and scroll to the bottom of that page you should see something like this:

Latest Reputation Received 2212 points total
Thread Date Posted By Comment

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 06:40 PM
you dont seem to understand, I want 2213 points dammit...

anything you can do w/ that? :D

PhatbacK
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
lol

BTLFED
10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
you dont seem to understand, I want 2213 points dammit...

anything you can do w/ that? :D

hahahaha no. Those are my rep points. I did give you rep points, though, and from what I have been told when me and some of the other OGs give them it gives like a lot more than 1, but I don't know.

After I "spread the love" enough I will give you some more lol

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 07:19 PM
make it happen cap'n :D

TranceDJ06
10-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I pass it everyday, i will take pictures tomorrow lol.

...:ttiwwp:

thinkfast®
10-28-2005, 11:27 PM
damn, on my way to court today I saw it, and thought of you fuckers

LOL

PSINXS
10-29-2005, 03:56 PM
it is spooky kolorz

GsrCrx
10-29-2005, 09:32 PM
so does anybody evem know if they are young, old, white, latino, black or what???

TranceDJ06
10-29-2005, 09:33 PM
:wtf:

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
so does anybody evem know if they are young, old, white, latino, black or what???

More important question....does anybody care? :rolleyes:

YokotaS13
10-29-2005, 09:41 PM
im still waiting on a pic of the sign

thinkfast®
10-30-2005, 01:39 PM
damn if I was goin that way I'd take pics.. anyone goin to the Tupac Shakur center this week? You will definitely see it then :D

God
10-31-2005, 05:06 AM
Tupac Shakur center

what the hell?
what a waste
and
to top it off
hes not even dead. I would know.

thinkfast®
10-31-2005, 09:26 AM
alrighty then

man I wish IA would implement multiple negative rep points for blatant supidity :)

NzProjeKt
11-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I was going to pull over and take pictures but I was getting late for work.. So I attempted to snap a shot while driving and I was only able to capture the bottom left part of the sign... However, I noticed earlier last week that they already painted over the "taggings"..

thinkfast®
11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
haha nice.

+1 for the dedication. determined. dependable. attitude :goodjob:

1439/2000
11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
How the fuck do people get up there? And like in Midtown and Williams street there's always shit on the side of bridges and you wonder if they rent a cherry picker or something to get up there..

thinkfast®
11-08-2005, 12:49 PM
where there's motivation, there's a way :D

NzProjeKt
11-08-2005, 12:51 PM
where there's motivation, there's a way :D
True... And its really not that hard to get up there in the middle of the night when not many cars are around..

thinkfast®
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
yea location is not really an issue, 'specially at night. and on a freeway? please... you'd be surprised where you see 'em in L.A. I mean goin down teh 1 or the 5, they are like under the damn bridge, middle of the bridge, crazy shit homey.