PDA

View Full Version : The President is becoming a fiscal conservative

BanginJimmy
01-30-2010, 08:16 PM
in speeches only.

He is proposing a whopping 3.8T budget for the upcoming fiscal year. After Pelosi and Reid have finished adding their pork and buying votes this budget will surpass 4T.

According to the Herritage Foundation, federal tax revenues are expected to be around 2.2T for this year. Even is the fed govt increased tax revenue by 50%, we will still see a nearly 1T deficit.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/30/report-obama-propose-trillion-budget/

blurred visions
01-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Yeah, lets read an article from Fox.

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Fox isn't lieing lol

Facts are facts if you don't believe it go read it from the cbo or other credible sources

BanginJimmy
01-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Yeah, lets read an article from Fox.

I would post one from someone more respectable and less biased, like MSNBC, but they havent seen fit to report on that yet. Maybe they will now that FOX has.

Total_Blender
01-31-2010, 10:01 AM
I would post one from someone more respectable and less biased, like MSNBC, but they havent seen fit to report on that yet. Maybe they will now that FOX has.

And I would still believe them over Fox. Fox takes things first and runs with them without fact checking or verifying. Just because they report it first does not mean they report it best.

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 10:22 AM
And I would still believe them over Fox. Fox takes things first and runs with them without fact checking or verifying. Just because they report it first does not mean they report it best.

You're so full of shit. Is this your new argument now? I've seen you mention it more than once now.

Prove it

fox breaks every story first because most of it the "left media" won't report it.

How do you fact check what Obama himself is proposing? Lol. I mean he says 3.8trillion do you actually want to see the physical budget ?

They are reporting on what he's proposing , not some opinion.

Open your ears and eyes

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 10:23 AM
I can see the msnbc and abc news now

"Obama proposes 3.8 trillion budget due to George w bush"

blurred visions
01-31-2010, 12:52 PM

+1

I've noticed Fox tends to just make up news.

Browning151
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
lol, I'm not surprised that this quickly turned into a news organization debate instead of a budget debate. I don't see how you could put much spin on a budget, it's coming directly from the budget proposal not an opinion on it but if you don't want to read it from Fox News feel free to research it and pick whatever source spins it to your taste.

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
+1

I've noticed Fox tends to just report news I don't like to hear.

Fixed

show me one story in the last year they had to retract because of "not fact checking" and it better not be some crap with Glenn beck. It better be Americas newsroom, shepard smith, Bret baier, oreilly the people that report the news.

You always said beck was infotainment

blurred visions
01-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Fixed

show me one story in the last year they had to retract because of "not fact checking" and it better not be some crap with Glenn beck. It better be Americas newsroom, shepard smith, Bret baier, oreilly the people that report the news.

You always said beck was infotainment

no no no, it only tells you things YOU want to hear. Read this post.... (if of course you have the mental capacity)

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275916

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Crap is the best word I can use to describe that article. Politcal crap and rhetoric

Sources, proof, interviews, case studies?

You guys say fox misreports well put your money where your mouth is. Prove it post something.

Total_Blender
01-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Beck himself said he's "an entertainer," probably because he would be liable for slander prosecution if he said he was presenting news.

But yeah they labled Republican congressman (and pervert) Mark Foley as a Democrat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9mNmZ9JpG8

You only asked for one, so there you go.

But yeah, I will find my information on the proposed spending freeze and the new budget from a better and more neutral source than Fox News and the Heritage Foundation (which is a right-wing think tank). Fox News is garbage.

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Omg fox news didn't fact check

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100131/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_budget

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Fucking hell google it

http://www.google.com/#/m/search?uipref=6&q=Obama%203.8%20trillion%20budget&channel=gp1&og=gp&source=gp

20 news organizations on first page reporting it

again liberals debate the issue of fox reporting it , completely ignoring the actual story. Fiscal conservative? Laughable

BanginJimmy
01-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Beck himself said he's "an entertainer," probably because he would be liable for slander prosecution if he said he was presenting news.

But yeah they labled Republican congressman (and pervert) Mark Foley as a Democrat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9mNmZ9JpG8

You only asked for one, so there you go.

Is that really the best you can do? A typing error? How about finding a story they did that was false?

But yeah, I will find my information on the proposed spending freeze and the new budget from a better and more neutral source than Fox News and the Heritage Foundation (which is a right-wing think tank). Fox News is garbage.

The proposed spending freeze is complete BS and everyone knows it. It would be the equivalent of cutting about $15 out of a 100k budget.

BanginJimmy
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Here is a nice example of CNN's reporting and fact checking.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9807/02/tailwind.johnson/

Vteckidd
01-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Is that really the best you can do? A typing error? How about finding a story they did that was false?

The proposed spending freeze is complete BS and everyone knows it. It would be the equivalent of cutting about $15 out of a 100k budget.

you beat me to it. he thing he is whining and complaining about is a typing error. Or the error where they put too many % numbers up that added to over 100.

Show me a story where their NEWS ANCHORS misreported gross factual information that was driven by "right wing propaghanda"

I watch FOX prob 2-3 ours a day and i have YET to see a story they misreported on. Matter of fact FOX goes out of their way to have sources and present their Facts because they know how the LEFT watches them. They try not to give them any ammo

If the best you can come up with is them saying TENS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE at the Tea Party rallies instead of THOUSANDS dont bother posting.

TSiFTW
01-31-2010, 07:29 PM
That is the worst trait of a true lefty. They only hear the facts that they choose to hear. They bash FOX for reporting ALL the news, not just the news that makes the lefts look good. Then they want to bash the rights about being more open minded. The lefts are as close minded and fucking hard headed as they come. Hahaha. Futile efforts indeed.

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 05:08 AM
You guys are really good at stacking up the bullshit.

http://www.atasite.org/i/dfa6cdc039609c3695e07233a0fa9f28/bullshit_pile.jpg

I've never seen Fox provide a source for anything. I've never seen them once get their attribution right. I am assuming none of you have ever read or even seen an AP Stylebook or have ever been to a lecture on media ethics. So yeah, fuck off. :goodjob:

BanginJimmy
02-01-2010, 05:24 AM
I've never seen them once get their attribution right. I am assuming none of you have ever read or even seen an AP Stylebook or have ever been to a lecture on media ethics. So yeah, fuck off. :goodjob:

So where are all these examples of FOX getting their facts wrong. All we have seen to this point is a typiing error.

I would also like to point out that if you feel FOX has no ethics then you must agree CNN and MSNBC are the antithesis of media ethics. Remember Chis Mathews telling the worl he got a tingle up his leg when Obama spoke?

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 05:34 AM
So where are all these examples of FOX getting their facts wrong. All we have seen to this point is a typiing error.

A typing error is when someone puts an extra "i" in "typing". If it were a true typographical error, it would have been any letter other than "D," right? That one little letter is what shows party affiliation. Its not like they missed a letter in "Republican," its like they missed every single letter in "Republican" and ended up with "Democrat". Maybe it was an unconscious mistake from someone in the newsroom who didn't know Foley was a Republican (i.e. "this guy can't be a Republican because we never run bad stories about them"). Someone should have caught it though. In news reporting, there should always be at least 3 people who check ANYTHING before it is sent out. They have no one checking the crap that they send out for accuracy.

TSiFTW
02-01-2010, 07:47 AM
You guys are really good at stacking up the bullshit.

http://www.atasite.org/i/dfa6cdc039609c3695e07233a0fa9f28/bullshit_pile.jpg

I've never seen Fox provide a source for anything. I've never seen them once get their attribution right. I am assuming none of you have ever read or even seen an AP Stylebook or have ever been to a lecture on media ethics. So yeah, fuck off. :goodjob:

Before you spew your shit you should learn who you're spewing it too. LOL typical. For your information my wifes best friends husband is in the news business(and no I will not mention names, just know that it is not FOX affiliated) and we have had many talks about it. He is a Republican. No he is NOT allowed to share his viewpoint on any subject. Yes the AP sheets get proofread and they ARE told what they can and can't report. And yes it is majority LEFT. I know you will not let your closed little mind believe that but hey believe what you want. I like FOX am just stating the facts.

tony
02-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Back on the budget.. its a catch 22. Ask an economist if the current conditions warrant cuts and less spending. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.. recovery requires investment otherwise you get stagnation.

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2009/07/fail-owned-egypt-location-fail.jpg

Theres this. You'd think they would get the names and locations of the places we are fighting wars right, FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!

Also the use of the wrong photos for the coverage of the teabagger/9-12 protests. It was their event, they organized and promoted it... why didn't they use their own photos? In journalism theres a rule that the photo used in coverage of an event must actually be of that event. Using a different photo that showed 10x the crowd is misinformation.

Theres also the fact that they run stories with information that has been previously and completely discredited, i.e. the "Birther controversy" and the "death panels" that Sarah Palin was for before she was against.

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Also, you said the media outlet your friend works for is not "Fox affiliated". So just because the place your friend works goes by the book does not mean that Fox does.

Browning151
02-01-2010, 09:11 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/01/news/economy/Obama_budget/index.htm?hpt=T1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35178623/ns/politics-white_house/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/01/obamas-trillion-budget-deficit_n_444031.html

There, read it from somewhere else besides Fox. Now can you quit bitching about what news outlet it came from in the first place and get back to the OP and the fact that Obama is proposing a budget with $1.6T deficit?

If you want to piss and moan about Fox go do it in the "cult" thread.

Vteckidd
02-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah but he's investing in govt jobs not private sector jobs.

You have to spend but it's all for nothing if it's spent wrong

Vteckidd
02-01-2010, 09:39 AM
http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2009/07/fail-owned-egypt-location-fail.jpg

Theres this. You'd think they would get the names and locations of the places we are fighting wars right, FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!

Also the use of the wrong photos for the coverage of the teabagger/9-12 protests. It was their event, they organized and promoted it... why didn't they use their own photos? In journalism theres a rule that the photo used in coverage of an event must actually be of that event. Using a different photo that showed 10x the crowd is misinformation.

Theres also the fact that they run stories with information that has been previously and completely discredited, i.e. the "Birther controversy" and the "death panels" that Sarah Palin was for before she was against.

so you're hanging your hat on spelling errors and typos. Sweet

i would go find all the retarded shit Chris Matthews and olberman have said but we would be here all day. They misreported and slanted tons of topics.

You're posting grammar issues and typos lol

wait till I get near a computer I will have a field day with this

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
If you want to piss and moan about Fox go do it in the "cult" thread.

I don't really agree that Fox is a "cult" in the popular sense. They abuse information pretty badly, but I don't think that there will be a day when we find all the Fox staff and viewers dead under purple sheets sporting Nikes (not that that wouldn't be FUCKING AWESOME, lol).

I do think Fox News and their viewers are a cult in the sociological sense, but I really don't feel like explaining sociology to you teabaggers.

I was called out in this thread, and I responded in this thread. So, there :goodjob:

TSiFTW
02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry to go off topic again but for rebuttal on simple mistakes,

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/433751/80489365.jpg

couldn't help it. LOL. Now what.

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 10:18 AM
couldn't help it. LOL. Now what.

You're just pointing the finger back, not answering the questions. The problems at Fox are (to a lesser extent) problems with cable news in general. The idea that anyone can get their information entirely from cable TV is really stupid.

http://www.newscorpse.com/Pix/Caps/foxnation-black-tea.jpg

Heres a good one... none of the three people mentioned in this article, a singer, an author, and a former candidate for a Senate seat in Maryland (he was declined by the Republican party) have roles of actual leadership in any of the tea party organizations. They even claim that "most of the crowd was white".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/19/black-conservatives-lead-role-tea-party-movement/

You know who does have a leadership role in a tea party organization? This guy- Dale Robertson - proprietor of TeaParty.org

http://static.crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2010/01/DaleRobertson_c6014.jpg

http://www.teaparty.org/founder.html

I don't think Fox has ever ran a story about White Supremacists at the Tea Party events...

BanginJimmy
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
They abuse information pretty badly,

Why don't you show us an example of FOX abusing info. Unless you mean actually telling the whole truth is the abuse. In that case you just need to go back to watching Keith Olbermann and jerking each other off every time Obama speaks.

BanginJimmy
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
And CNN didn't mention Obama's ties to a domestic terrorist or that he had the full support pof black supremists. What's your point?

BTW, I do believe I saw FOX bring up the white supremists to one of the tea party organizers.

TSiFTW
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
You're just pointing the finger back, not answering the questions. The problems at Fox are (to a lesser extent) problems with cable news in general. The idea that anyone can get their information entirely from cable TV is really stupid.

You're right, I was just pointing the finger back. However it made you make a very educated and smart statement which I quoted. I watch all the networks and I make my mind up for myself based on what I see, read and take in from as many sources as possible and form my own opinions and conclusions. Don't get it twisted though, I was not attacking anyone on their partisanship, I disagree with both the rights and the lefts on their old school conservative and liberal idealism.

Tony you are correct with the damned if you do and damned if you don't statement. It has always been that way and will always be that way. You are correct with the only way to get more out is to put more in statement also, it is primary law of making money, however when things get too bad you sometimes just have to stop spending and save a little back, and I think we are at the point where that is what has to be done. This is another of those never ending debates though where neither side will say the other is right.

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Why don't you show us an example of FOX abusing info. s.

I just did above. Fox implied that the three Black guys were "leaders" within the movement, when really they were just "guests" and the one guy who was applying for a Senate seat got denied. Fox exaggerated the facts to make them fit the headline they wanted to present.

Vteckidd
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Don't even bother arguing with blender again he has managed to completely ruin a topic by trying to argue coulda shoulda woulda.

Just ignore him he's so far deep down the rabbit hole it's not even worth arguing anymore.

Back on topic the president seems to be completely contradicting himself. They said the cbo estimates the "jobs bill" he wants could cost over 100 billion

Vteckidd
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
The prompt says "take lead" not "leaders". There is a difference but again you are really grasping at straws.

Heres a good one... none of the three people mentioned in this article, a singer, an author, and a former candidate for a Senate seat in Maryland (he was declined by the Republican party) have roles of actual leadership in any of the tea party organizations. They even claim that "most of the crowd was white".

The tea party movement was about telling the govt peacefully that there was a section of people that cares about national debt, bailouts, and taxes on the so called rich. Congress was totally ignorng the people so a organization was formed to peacefully protest.

That is the very foundation of our country! You attack it like it's bad. Freedom of expression, right to assemble, free speech etc are the backbone of this country and you refer to it like it's treasoness.

Like every cause there are loons and eccentrics. There are some democrats I would tolerate over others. The difference is you left wingers pick out the 10 crazy right wingers who are bat shit crazy and try to say they speak for the whole movement. That's presumptuous and deceiving.

This whole thread was about obamas budget and you tried to say fox misreported it. You were wrong and can't back your claims up except with spelling and typo errors on irrelevant topics.

Bret baier and oreilly meticulously fact check you just don't watch so you don't know. I don't think msnbc or CNN or abc lie per se but they slant the story so far left it's rediculous. Fox news isn't even in the same room with how bad the left organizations are.

Msnbc abc and CNN frankly just don't report stuff period. They won't say anything that is damaging about Obama

wonder why fox anniliates everyone in ratings.

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Fox "annhilates" in ratings because it satisfies the impotent rage of people like yourself with bad journalism and hate-filled commentary.

According to this AP article Obama is doing a few good things to reduce the deficit and help those who are impacted most by the money squeeze. This article is critical of Obama, but note that it quotes the same people that Fox quotes, and that they used a quote from White House Budget Director Peter Orszag where all he said was they knew there would be spending increases... who didn't know that? That quote wasn't really necessary to the article. The AP article uses a much better quote from Orszag about the executive order that recommends ways to reduce the deficit ...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BUDGET?SITE=SCGRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

1.) Letting Bush's tax cuts expire (this shouldn't really be a surprise since he's been saying it since his campaign started). Fox's article just says "tax cuts," it does not say that the tax cuts that will be eliminated are Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy.

2.) Semi-privatizing NASA buy cutting Bush's 100 billion 2020 Moon mission and instead issuing grants to private companies to use US astronauts for space missions.

3.) Extending the "making work pay" middle class tax credit through next year. I used my $400 to pay debt, I'm sure my creditors are happy with that...

4.) Offering a $5000 tax cut to employers for each new employee they hire.

He's increasing here and cutting there. The budget hasn't even passed, so theres no telling what the outcome will be just yet. Also keep in mind that the new budget also accounts for healthcare reform.

Heres another article that breaks down the budget by each agency.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BUDGET_AGENCY_HIGHLIGHTS?SITE=SCGRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I have to say I'm shocked, but like any president who has ever presented a budget before congress, Obama will start high and let congress (including repugs) haggle him down.

Vteckidd
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Obama lied since day one "no increase in taxes on the middle class".

1)Well when the bush taxcuts expire he breaks that promise. When healthcare reform passes and there's penalties for not signing up, we call that an indirect tax.

2)where did you copy and paste this from that's obviously not you typing not your style. You have never articulated a point that cool headed before

Total_Blender
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
2)where did you copy and paste this from that's obviously not you typing not your style. You have never articulated a point that cool headed before

I didn't copy and paste it, that's all my handiwork. I figured I had spewed my quota of bile already earlier today, lol.:ninja:

I'm against the mandates too... requiring people to sign up for health insurance while not doing anything to solve the problems that keep so many people from having health insurance is kind of a dick-move. I'm holding out hope that the end result of healthcare reform will be something better than whats on the table now. The House Dems are not having the Senate bill in its current form because they oppose the Nebraska situation...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/26/health/policy/26health.html