PDA

View Full Version : Religion Faith in action

StreetHazard
01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4107524.stm

Crucified nun dies in 'exorcism'

A Romanian nun has died after being bound to a cross, gagged and left alone for three days in a cold room in a convent, Romanian police have said. Members of the convent in north-east Romania claim Maricica Irina Cornici was possessed and that the crucifixion had been part of an exorcism ritual. Cornici was found dead on the cross on Wednesday after fellow nuns called an ambulance, according to police. A priest and four nuns were charged with imprisonment leading to death. Police say the 23-year-old nun, who was denied food and drink throughout her ordeal, had been tied and chained to the cross and a towel pushed into her mouth to smother any sounds. A post-mortem is to be carried out, although initial reports say that Cornici died from asphyxiation.

"I don't understand why journalists are making such a fuss about this"
Father Daniel

Local media reports that the young woman had arrived at the remote convent three months before, having initially gone there to visit a friend and opted to stay.She grew up in an orphanage in Arad, in the west of Romania. Mediafax news agency said Cornici suffered from schizophrenia and the symptoms of her condition caused the priest at the convent and other nuns to believe she was possessed by the devil."They all said she was possessed and they were trying to cast out the evil spirits," police spokeswoman Michaela Straub said.
Father Daniel who is accused of orchestrating the crime is said to be unrepentant."God has performed a miracle for her, finally Irina is delivered from evil," AFP quoted the priest as saying.
"I don't understand why journalists are making such a fuss about this. Exorcism is a common practice in the heart of the Romanian Orthodox church and my methods are not at all unknown to other priests," Father Daniel added. If found guilty of killing Cornici, Father Daniel and the accused nuns could face 20 years in jail.

geoff
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
faith in action? this is men taking it into their own hands to play as God. the romanian orthodox church along with other orthodox congregations dont even preach what the bible says. these guys are a joke. im sorry but in my bible when Jesus cast out a demon it wasnt a three day trial. He spoke and the person was freed. this is a joke, a mockery of God, and isnt even biblical. lol at men that try to preach their own ideals and theories as the Word of God and then try and envoke the power of God. it will never work.

Starrfire
01-31-2010, 10:17 PM
faith in action? this is men taking it into their own hands to play as God. the romanian orthodox church along with other orthodox congregations dont even preach what the bible says. these guys are a joke. im sorry but in my bible when Jesus cast out a demon it wasnt a three day trial. He spoke and the person was freed. this is a joke, a mockery of God, and isnt even biblical. lol at men that try to preach their own ideals and theories as the Word of God and then try and envoke the power of God. it will never work.

These are the roots of your religion, you have no right to deny that fact no matter how wrong their actions are.Just because you don't like it doesn't make it true. They are the living embodiment of the midieval church in a modern world. An out dated dinosaur of a closed minded organization which thankfully is no longer in full control.

geoff
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM
these ARE NOT the roots of my " religion " i dont claim any religion but a personal relationship with Jesus and i live my life according to His Words and follow His example. and they are not the roots of christianity either, what they did is not even biblical so how can you say its the root? it has NO biblical backing. i will say it once again for those that are hard of hearing, THIS IS NOT EVEN BIBLICAL!!!! this is a practice of MEN who think this is how it is done. but by all means, please do quote where in the bible it says to do it like this......prove me wrong using my own God's Word

Starrfire
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Your sect did not exist while theirs did making theirs the father of yours. An "evolution" of faith if you will.

S2KJD
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM

yep :goodjob:

these ARE NOT the roots of my " religion " i dont claim any religion but a personal relationship with Jesus and i live my life according to His Words and follow His example. and they are not the roots of christianity either, what they did is not even biblical so how can you say its the root? it has NO biblical backing. i will say it once again for those that are hard of hearing, THIS IS NOT EVEN BIBLICAL!!!! this is a practice of MEN who think this is how it is done. but by all means, please do quote where in the bible it says to do it like this......prove me wrong using my own God's Word

and yep :goodjob::goodjob:

geoff
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
my sect didnt exist while theirs did so their faith is the father of mine? is that what your saying? im sorry but it seems to me that for someone like you who is an atheist that you would atleast be more informed of the history of what your against. is this how all atheist's are? you sit there and bag on a God you do not know nor have taken the time to learn about? let me just set this straight for you and clear things up for you. the first church was not orthodox, catholic, or any other name. they were simply followers of Christ. some had been with Christ, ( the apostles, some of His disciples, ect... ) while others just learned from these men. if the first churches had a name it would of been apostolic, from the book of acts and on to revelations the spreading of the Word to the gentiles ( non-believers ) was done by the apostles who witnessed Christ. the first churches followed the bible that we have today. the orthodox and catholic churches bibles are not even the same. they do not preach out of it, they preach messages that are emailed to them from the Vatican. so please do tell me how the catholics and orthodox churches gave rise to churches that preach from the bible and teach Christ? thats like saying that two fetuses can give consumate and give birth to a full grown adult, or that the egg gave birth to a full grown chicken, or better yet, you gave birth to your own parents.

if your going to try and have a foundation or backing to your arguements than atleast take the time to know what your speaking against.

Starrfire
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
You have even less backing than history, all you have is an illusion. Your religion would not exist if there had not been a catholic church, then a protestant church to get away from them, and then for freedom of opression they came to North America. And then different ideals spread from it and Christianity changed into all kinds of strange denominations. You actually owe these jackasses for being so intolerant that your fore fathers of religion gtfo of Europe and to here.

And as for being uneducated in the Bible, I have a few. Used to go to a non denominational church 2 times a week for years. I can see through the "Word of God's" Bible and all I see is smoke and mirrors.

Jaimecbr900
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
You have even less backing than history, all you have is an illusion. Your religion would not exist if there had not been a catholic church, then a protestant church to get away from them, and then for freedom of opression they came to North America. And then different ideals spread from it and Christianity changed into all kinds of strange denominations. You actually owe these jackasses for being so intolerant that your fore fathers of religion gtfo of Europe and to here.

Actually, hot rod, YOU need to read a little more before you openeth thy mouth again.....:rolleyes:

"Religion" dates back to times way before Chrisitanity, Christ, and the Roman Catholic church. Matter of fact, the first "religion" derived from sects of Pagans, who believed in several "Gods" and therefore a part of the reason for the difference in subsequent sects and religions.

So for you to say that this guy's "church", which by the way you have no clue what he believes since he's not said a word about it, owes it's beginning to the Roman Catholic church is not only wrong but also ignorant even by your Athiest standards.

BTW, merely attending anything, including and up to non-denominational places, does not a church goer make of you or anyone else. What do YOU believe in YOUR heart? THAT is what makes YOU whatever it is that YOU are. Don't ever blame the "church" YOU happened to attend for YOUR beliefs because that is not the purpose of any church. Churches are there to support something you ALREADY believe or want to believe. If you don't believe it, no Preacher, Priest, Rabi, leader, nor bible thumper can/should/would make you "believe".

Starrfire
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
You act like I didn't know this...and also which church is responsible for the bible itself...
I'm just saying these Assholes, not related to his religion=his religion being in this country and his book, which is the same book, albeit given a few modifications, is the one that the Roman Catholics put together.

geoff
02-02-2010, 08:35 AM
your ignorance makes me smile. The roman catholic church was NOT the first church of christianity. The roman catholic church wasnt founded until hundreds of years AFTER Christ. the romans made it the official religion of the empire in like 380a.d. and the apostle paul and peter and others had already established churches in jeruselam, antioch, syria, thesolonica, ephasus, ect....if you actually READ the scripture and study, the Apostle Paul was the one that brought Christ to the Romans. He preaches Christ to Festus, Agrippa, and then even Caesar. When he came to them he saw their pagan statues and on said, " to the unknown god ". Paul said, " this unknown God to you is who i come to preach". so once again please tell me how you believe the roman catholic church came first?

Jaimecbr900
02-02-2010, 10:14 AM
You act like I didn't know this...and also which church is responsible for the bible itself...
I'm just saying these Assholes, not related to his religion=his religion being in this country and his book, which is the same book, albeit given a few modifications, is the one that the Roman Catholics put together.

Look kid, there is obviously LOTS you don't know. We get that. Part is understood since you're not fully cooked yet, but what I don't understand is why it is that the only two places you seem to gravitate to on IA is FS forum and Religion forum????:thinking:

I have absolutely no clue what your gigantic run-on sentence post is trying to say. Since you seem to gravitate to this forum, atleast make legible and semi-intelligent posts. If you can't do that, then just sit on the side lines and watch the others who can. :rolleyes:

BTW, please name just which "Roman Catholic" wrote any bible. While you're at it, tell us how the Roman Catholic church has anything to do with a Romanian Orthodox church? Finish that thought with how the obvious moronic act of a priest and a few nuns has anything to do with "Faith"? A hint: Go look up the definition of Faith before trying to answer. ;):rolleyes:

quickdodge®
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
faith in action?

Yes. Faith in action. They did their deed out of faith. What's there to question? Later, QD.

geoff
02-02-2010, 11:55 AM
because it does not represent the christian, bible based, faith. if a man stole your car becuase he had faith that it should be his would you be ok with it or would it represent the general populous? no

quickdodge®
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM
because it does not represent the christian, bible based, faith. if a man stole your car becuase he had faith that it should be his would you be ok with it or would it represent the general populous? no

Who said anything about right or wrong? It is their belief/faith that this is the treatment for the condition. You're still acting like your faith is the only faith in the world. Later, QD.

Starrfire
02-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Look kid, there is obviously LOTS you don't know. We get that. Part is understood since you're not fully cooked yet, but what I don't understand is why it is that the only two places you seem to gravitate to on IA is FS forum and Religion forum????:thinking:

I have absolutely no clue what your gigantic run-on sentence post is trying to say. Since you seem to gravitate to this forum, atleast make legible and semi-intelligent posts. If you can't do that, then just sit on the side lines and watch the others who can. :rolleyes:

BTW, please name just which "Roman Catholic" wrote any bible. While you're at it, tell us how the Roman Catholic church has anything to do with a Romanian Orthodox church? Finish that thought with how the obvious moronic act of a priest and a few nuns has anything to do with "Faith"? A hint: Go look up the definition of Faith before trying to answer. ;):rolleyes:

You act like you are hot stuff. You think you know that religion is true, and are trying to make a fool of me with your faith. Which in itself is impossible because there is no credible source to back yourself up. Just rude comments:rolleyes:

The Roman Catholic church did not write the Bible, BUT they did create it. I didn't specify which church when I said European did I? Old buddy Geoff just assumed, and then denied he had any tie to the old school Church. But they made the book that he lives his entire life by.

And why am I here, because people like you entertain me:D

geoff
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
you make this too easy starrfire. you assume that the roman catholics have created christianity by your implied comments in your above posts. what you dont understand is that my faith was first based on the judaic beliefs which were then fulfilled when Christ came and He made a new covenant of grace. my new testament was written by the apostle john, mark, matthew, luke, peter, and paul. i might have left one out, not sure. but regardless, what do you think they used to teach people before the roman catholic church was even put into motion? they had writings that they taught from. here:http://www.centuryone.com/25dssfacts.html

scrolls were used to teach before an actual bible was even set into place. so in all actuality the teachings of Jesus and the apostolic church gave rise to a men led and corrupt roman catholic church.

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
OH! I completely forgot about this thread, and I am the one that made it, heh!

And one of the reasons that I even thought about creating it. It was something I read from our favorite bible thumping christian crusader Geoff...which makes any posts he makes in this thread just that much more ironic and endlessly hilarious.

and for those that dont believe, my grandmothers' brothers' wife is litteraly possesed by a demonic spirit. every few years she freaks out and goes crazy. her face litteraly transforms and her voice changes. the last time this happened it was a day after there was a prayer meeting at her house. she couldnt stand to be around the prayer and started acting weird. the next day as she freaked out it took her husband and two full grown sons to hold her down. she litteraly threw them off her and threw the bowflex machine several feet across the room.

my mothers sister has also been posessed before. same thing happens to her. every time she tries to change her life and live for God and go to church she freaks out. her husband actually sat her down one time and had a conversation with the demon. he called himself angel. some people would call this skitsofrenia but the thing is that she knew the whole time what was happening and could feel the spirit inside of her

It seems like that poor girl in Romania had the same symptoms as your grandmother's brother's wife AND your mothers sister....

Starrfire
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
you make this too easy starrfire. you assume that the roman catholics have created christianity by your implied comments in your above posts. what you dont understand is that my faith was first based on the judaic beliefs which were then fulfilled when Christ came and He made a new covenant of grace. my new testament was written by the apostle john, mark, matthew, luke, peter, and paul. i might have left one out, not sure. but regardless, what do you think they used to teach people before the roman catholic church was even put into motion? they had writings that they taught from. here:http://www.centuryone.com/25dssfacts.html

scrolls were used to teach before an actual bible was even set into place. so in all actuality the teachings of Jesus and the apostolic church gave rise to a men led and corrupt roman catholic church.

Once again, you assume too much. I never said that did I?

geoff
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
streethazard- your post above was pointless. says nothing proves nothing.

starrfire- your posts in this thread point to that conclusion

Jaimecbr900
02-02-2010, 06:35 PM
You act like you are hot stuff. You think you know that religion is true, and are trying to make a fool of me with your faith. Which in itself is impossible because there is no credible source to back yourself up. Just rude comments:rolleyes:

Listen kid, you really need to think before you type. You haven't got a clue who or what I am. If you want to debate me on the Bible or Religion......:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:......Be my guest......been there, done that, and it has become part of IA folklore my friend. Ask around and see. You want to open up the topic with me? Let's go for it.

The Roman Catholic church did not write the Bible, BUT they did create it. I didn't specify which church when I said European did I? Old buddy Geoff just assumed, and then denied he had any tie to the old school Church. But they made the book that he lives his entire life by.

You really aren't that dumb, are you? :thinking:

So according to you, the Roman Catholic church WROTE the Bible???? :lmfao:

I retract my previous invitation. You are not equiped for a Religious debate with ANYONE on this site. I've heard better points from Satan worshipers.....:rolleyes:

geoff
02-02-2010, 06:38 PM
jaime are you a pastor or something? just curious

Jaimecbr900
02-02-2010, 06:46 PM
jaime are you a pastor or something? just curious

No, but I am a youth leader. I teach 20-30 5th and 6th graders on Wens nights at my church. I was also a Lay Pastor for about 3 yrs, until work conflicted with that. :goodjob: Why?

geoff
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM
im actually very passionate about witnessing and want to grow more spiritually and what not so i too can one day evangelize or begin a ministry. i would love to talk to you more about God.

Starrfire
02-02-2010, 07:02 PM
You haven't got a clue who or what I am

Don't know, don't care.

You want to open up the topic with me? Let's go for it.

Fruitless topic with no clear winner.

You really aren't that dumb, are you? :thinking:

No

So according to you, the Roman Catholic church WROTE the Bible????

Fuck no. You know what I meant. Assembled a large amount of stories.:tongue1:

I retract my previous invitation. You are not equiped for a Religious debate with ANYONE on this site. I've heard better points from Satan worshipers.....

I'm hurt, really....

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I've heard better points from Satan worshipers.....:rolleyes:

:D

Jaimecbr900
02-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Don't know, don't care.

The answer I thought you would have.

Fruitless topic with no clear winner.

Funny, but YOU seem to gravitate to this forum and the FS forum only. Hmmmm, wonder why that is then? :rolleyes:

No

Jury's still out on that one.

Fuck no. You know what I meant. Assembled a large amount of stories.:tongue1:

Ummm, well the Jury is back and you have been pegged as a low IQ individual, i.e. dumb. YOU think that the Roman Catholic church "assembled" stories???? :lmfao: Seriously? You can't be serious, right? Is that what your non-denominational church "taught" you? Go get your money back on that one my friend cause they lied to you. :lmfao:

I'm hurt, really....

I know it does. Sorry that the truth hurts sometimes. It's life. :goodjob:

Starrfire
02-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Ummm, well the Jury is back and you have been pegged as a low IQ individual, i.e. dumb. YOU think that the Roman Catholic church "assembled" stories???? :lmfao: Seriously? You can't be serious, right? Is that what your non-denominational church "taught" you? Go get your money back on that one my friend cause they lied to you. :lmfao:

Well please, do tell where the bible came from then...and not the original big ass collection of scriptures from the original apostolic church. I'm talking the bible we all know today that is kept by about 1/3 of everybody.

geoff
02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
"ask and ye shall recieve" Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

here:http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html

Starrfire
02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
I really can't fully agree with your information, but there is some historical reference.

Jaimecbr900
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I really can't fully agree with your information, but there is some historical reference.

Which is the reason why you and the majority of "non-believers" remain where you do on this debate. You ask a question....you get the answer.....but you CHOOSE NOT to like the answer and leave it at that.

That's fine, but don't sit there and say that what some people believe is equal to voodoo or smoke and mirrors if they give you answers that stump you. Atleast recognize that the other person has a firm grasp in what he/she believes. If they give you the courtesy of believing that the earth was created by chance, then give them the same courtesy of recognizing that by merely looking around they feel some higher power had to have a hand in it.....not some Amebas and Asteroids. :goodjob:

Starrfire
02-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Well that IS where I stand. I can always agree to disagree.:cheers:

StreetHazard
02-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey! wouldn't it be great if we could "exorcise" god and the holy spirit out of someone for a change?

I think someone should try it

StreetHazard
02-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey! wouldn't it be great if we could "exorcise" god and the holy spirit out of someone for a change?

There is a demon is all of us that needs to be exercised, not exorcised.

djpikachu1
02-15-2010, 06:32 PM

:no:

StreetHazard
02-16-2010, 08:14 AM
:no:

Is a suggestion of killing myself part of your religious duty as well? like a purposeless form of martyrdom.

JDMEK18
02-16-2010, 02:04 PM

StreetHazard =

Matthew 15:14 so ignore them. They are blind guides leading the blind, and if one blind person guides another, they will both fall into a ditch."

StreetHazard
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
StreetHazard =

Matthew 15:14 so ignore them. They are blind guides leading the blind, and if one blind person guides another, they will both fall into a ditch."

:taun:

I’ve often wondered what these folks would think if they did make it to their precious afterlife and it’s filled to the rafters with heathens, all writhing a big knot of debauched, oily sin. “But...but I lived my entire life in misery, avoiding temptation!”

“That’s a shame, chief. Could you pass the freebase pipe, please? My hands are all tied up...”

JDMEK18
02-16-2010, 03:09 PM
:taun:

I’ve often wondered what these folks would think if they did make it to their precious afterlife and it’s filled to the rafters with heathens, all writhing a big knot of debauched, oily sin. “But...but I lived my entire life in misery, avoiding temptation!”

“That’s a shame, chief. Could you pass the freebase pipe, please? My hands are all tied up...”

Well, I doubt God would go through all the trouble to have His Son die, Resurrected, created new heaven and new earth and then flop on the last part (new heaven & new earth will have no sin) :thinking:

We all sin from day to day, whether it be in thought,word,or deed but, i don't live my life in misery (If your time in church was following a god of misery then you must of been worshiping the wrong god) I understand that eternal life is a gift and once you receive it - it takes more then a curse word, a bad thought, or punching someone to loose it. People can attend church all there life and never enter into the presence of God.. they can claim to be Christians, do everything that is right, but not believe and they will not enter into the Kingdom of God! I don't carry that sign around in your picture.. no need to bash. God doesn't give me any extra credit points for leading you to Him. No man has turned anyone from non believer to believer.. Its by the Spirit of God that we are believers. So for me.. its just a smooth conversation and the choices and consequence are on YOU.. I want you to be saved but if you choose to not believe then you choose what ever comes with that choice.

Call us stupid all you want but if were right - then you have more to loose then we do.
If were wrong then O well, i fought to overcome the lust of this world.
I tried to live to the standard of God - how does that hurt a person!
no resurrection well, i'll just be dead in the dirt with everyone else.

If your wrong then you have everything to loose! including your life.

StreetHazard
02-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, I doubt God would go through all the trouble to have His Son die, Resurrected, created new heaven and new earth and then flop on the last part (new heaven & new earth will have no sin) :thinking:

We all sin from day to day, whether it be in thought,word,or deed but, i don't live my life in misery (If your time in church was following a god of misery then you must of been worshiping the wrong god) I understand that eternal life is a gift and once you receive it - it takes more then a curse word, a bad thought, or punching someone to loose it. People can attend church all there life and never enter into the presence of God.. they can claim to be Christians, do everything that is right, but not believe and they will not enter into the Kingdom of God! I don't carry that sign around in your picture.. no need to bash. God doesn't give me any extra credit points for leading you to Him. No man has turned anyone from non believer to believer.. Its by the Spirit of God that we are believers. So for me.. its just a smooth conversation and the choices and consequence are on YOU.. I want you to be saved but if you choose to not believe then you choose what ever comes with that choice.

Call us stupid all you want but if were right - then you have more to loose then we do.
If were wrong then O well, i fought to overcome the lust of this world.
I tried to live to the standard of God - how does that hurt a person!
no resurrection well, i'll just be dead in the dirt with everyone else.

If your wrong then you have everything to loose! including your life.

I will never live my life under a threat of eternal suffering in the afterlife, I refuse to be vilified for embracing every pleasure I deem possible that this world has to offer. And I refuse to accept any man or deity as my lord and master, I am a slave to no one except myself and my own perceptions. I don't respond very well to any form of threat.

A place that is embraced by a wrathful and jealous deity, surrounded by evangelicals and born again christians for eternity, literally fits my description of infinite suffering and my own personal hell. So this concept of heaven and hell is a lose/lose situation for me. It has no merit or meaning in any aspect of my life.

And any concept of rapture cannot happen soon enough in my opinion, the idea that I would wake up and every christian on this planet would have mysteriously vanished would fit my idea of a "heaven" or a utopia. But I am convinced some people actually need religion, it gives them structure and hope in their lives where otherwise they may find it empty and hopeless.

Ncturnal
05-22-2010, 10:09 AM

In your bible "your god" killed over 2.5 million people if you tally up the death toll when actual numbers were given. This doesn't include entire cities or groups of people that were wiped out with no number given, or women and children since they don't count anyway. The god in your bible endorses slavery, genocide, child sacrifice, murder, (the list goes on and on). The god of the bible (same god as the Koran and Torah btw) makes a complete mockery of itself. Just because religions like the one you subscribe to have been drug kicking and screaming into the 21st century doesn't change what they really are, no matter how much picking and choosing from their "good book" they've done to make their barbaric ideals more palatable.