PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods My D16 Build -

jojeezek
01-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I plan on Runin it without a filter, so my compressor can ingest other cars in traffic.....is that a good idea?

allmotorX
01-28-2010, 08:12 PM
sure why not

ejohnson88
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
lol good idea? No. You run the risk of picking up anything that happens to hop into your engine bay. And I'm not gonna lie, it's not pretty when a rock is sucked into a turbine that is spinning at 50,000 RPMs. Just throw a filter on it. Yeah the chances of that happening are not necessarily high, but why risk it? I'm sure you have put a bunch of money into your project, why skimp out on what, $30?

jojeezek
01-28-2010, 11:21 PM
lol good idea? No. You run the risk of picking up anything that happens to hop into your engine bay. And I'm not gonna lie, it's not pretty when a rock is sucked into a turbine that is spinning at 50,000 RPMs. Just throw a filter on it. Yeah the chances of that happening are not necessarily high, but why risk it? I'm sure you have put a bunch of money into your project, why skimp out on what, $30?
hmmm you do have a point......

88NaCivic
01-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Ha, I have seen what a little rubber will do, MUCH less a rock....

jojeezek
01-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Ok guys currently my 96 Civic Hatch is N/A. I had a mini me swap done to it with a fuly built (port polish/crower cam valves, springs and retainers and a compatition 3 angle valve job) D15B. Its got a skunk 2 intake manifold along with some other bolt ons. Its tuned runs Hondata on a p28. Maintsream did the swap and Scotty tuned it. It puts out 130 whp. My next step is boost. I wanna keep my a/c. I am not looking to build my bottom end anytime soon and I wanna shoot for about 220 to 230 whp. I wanna start my build asap and I will post pictures and keep you all up to date...