PDA

View Full Version : Heard of sponsoredwhips.com

antj101
01-28-2010, 06:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this site. If you do then do you know if it's legit or not. Reason being that I applied for it a call from them saying that my app had been approved. He told me I he was going to get my car sponsored and everything. He said it was approved because of the car I'm driving, my age and where I live. Let me know anything you know! Thanks:goodjob:

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 06:48 PM
20, Civic, Stockbridge?

antj101
01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
20, 89' fc, ellenwood

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Change your profile location son

Ed
01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I got sponsored by them.

This is my ride.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2269/2521/30671260001_large.jpg

antj101
01-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Are you serious or are ya joking. I'm really trying to find out if this is a scam or not!

Ed
01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Serious.

Before this civic, I had an integra, which I totalled after running from the cops.

http://www.riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_5/integraIII-type-r.jpg

By Sponsoredwhips.com as well.

-EnVus-
01-28-2010, 06:58 PM
its BS dude i tried that shit a few years ago and they wanted like $500 to enter a chance to be considered for their standards i was like LOLOLOL wtf ever.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Auto-Advertising-Services/Sponsoredwhips-com/sponsoredwhips-com-sponsoredwh-fxff8.htm

Ed
01-28-2010, 07:00 PM
its BS dude i tried that shit a few years ago and they wanted like $500 to enter a chance to be considered for their standards i was like LOLOLOL wtf ever.

Sorry your piece of turd couldn't get into any contests.

I have several trophies.

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 07:03 PM
The word "whips" should have raised a flag or two.

antj101
01-28-2010, 07:03 PM
They asked me for $170 and I truthfully didn't find it to be to unreasonable considering that my car would be sponsored until I sell it. So I paid for it and sent him pics of my car and he said he wants to have my car sponsored by the end of march. I really hope that I didn't pay that money for nothing.

Ed
01-28-2010, 07:04 PM
lawl.

-EnVus-
01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Sorry your piece of turd couldn't get into any contests.

I have several trophies.
I wouldnt need to pay to have my car riced out id just go to Duluth and find friends for that :D

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 07:08 PM
They asked me for $170 and I truthfully didn't find it to be to unreasonable considering that my car would be sponsored until I sell it. So I paid for it and sent him pics of my car and he said he wants to have my car sponsored by the end of march. I really hope that I didn't pay that money for nothing.

Ouch. Let me get this straight. You pay him to sponsor your car?

-EnVus-
01-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Ouch. Let me get this straight. You pay him to sponsor your car?
lol give me $1200 ill pimp yo ride:ninja:

antj101
01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Dude I know how it sounds, but at the time it sounded pretty solid. When they called I was kinda bein rushed and he said that he can only hold my app for 30 min so i had to make a decision then. He caught me off guard and now that I have time to think about it, I see how bad it looks.

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 07:14 PM
he said that he can only hold my app for 30 min so i had to make a decision then.

How did you rationalize that in your head?

antj101
01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
lol give me $1200 ill pimp yo ride:ninja:

It's cool dude, I've already got someone:crazy:

87 Turbo II
01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Dude I know how it sounds, but at the time it sounded pretty solid. When they called I was kinda bein rushed and he said that he can only hold my app for 30 min so i had to make a decision then. He caught me off guard and now that I have time to think about it, I see how bad it looks.

And that is how a scam works.

antj101
01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
How did you rationalize that in your head?

lol ummm... 170 isnt that bad, it would be sweet to have a sponsored car:D

antj101
01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
And that is how a scam works.

well shit, ill get it back somehow

nreggie454
01-28-2010, 07:27 PM
It works. Because of them, I have won my class in Nopi Nationals 6 times.

TougeGTR-33
01-28-2010, 07:29 PM
lol ummm... 170 isnt that bad

NOT THAT BAD?? Give me some free bucks!

87 Turbo II
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
If you really wanna test it out. Apply again but put 1991 Geo Metro on the form, then under info, write that not a lot of people are representing the Geo name and you should be sponsored because its a rare car. Then see if he calls you and still wants to sponsor you. Haha.

Also, don't you find it weird that on their site, when you click "apply now" the form you fill out to be sponsored doesn't require any pictures be posted. they go off of year make and model and color alone? If that's the case you could have filled out the exact same information that you did if you owned this:

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Carl%20Jarrett/FC3S/RX7build_01.jpg

And he still would have called up and gave you that offer having never seen a picture of the car.

I'm sorry man but I don't see how you didn't catch this one.

badassf4i
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
honestly if all you lost was 175 and learned a leson you did ok. i know a lot of people that have lost a lot more.

ATLTSX
01-28-2010, 07:35 PM
All I can say is wow.

Julio
01-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Im in the wrong business..

Nerdsrock22
01-28-2010, 07:38 PM
lol ummm... 170 isnt that bad, it would be sweet to have a sponsored car:D

I've got some beach front property in Idaho if you're interested....

civic95
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=813961

keevo54
01-28-2010, 08:14 PM
lol first tymer

keevo54
01-28-2010, 08:17 PM
yes sir i want my car sponsored.....
well son its gonna cost you 170 bucks....
is that all?
yea just 170 its a bargain. just gotta fill the paper work and overnight a few parts from japan and ur whip will be tight

God people are retarded. if someone sponsors u they give u shit.... u don't pay someone just so u can say ur car is sponsored

TSiFTW
01-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Im in the wrong business..

x2. LOL

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Sorry OP. Live and learn.

DVSRX-7
01-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this site. If you do then do you know if it's legit or not. Reason being that I applied for it a call from them saying that my app had been approved. He told me I he was going to get my car sponsored and everything. He said it was approved because of the car I'm driving, my age and where I live. Let me know anything you know! Thanks:goodjob:

:???: Anthony are serious? with that money i could of made you some parts!!

But if you really do get "sponsored" then make sure everything comes from RE-Amemiya! If not they are fucking you over.

Lesson Learned!

MongolPup
01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Or their idea of sponsored is "we can get you 6% off of all parts!".

Elbow
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM
COMPLETE bullshit, didn't read the whole thread but if it wasn't mentioned, ANYTIME you pay to be sponsored is BS, sponsored for what?! Daily driving? LOL. All they do is give you discounts on ricer shit, e-mail those companies individually and almost any would gladly give you a discount on lambo doors in exchange for you flying a huge banner.

Echonova
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
They sponsored my whip with a custom paint job.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Old%20School%20meet/UN3D421.gif

Echonova
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I almost want to delete this thread because you will never hear the end of this...

Almost.

Elbow
01-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I almost want to delete this thread because you will never hear the end of this...

Almost.

Like Joey's SERIOUS VTEC fluid thread.

Got Milk?
01-28-2010, 11:01 PM

lololol

I had signed up also. They told me all kinds of good stuff, than told me I had to pay like 199.99 for application fees.

Just wait, they will tell you that also after they hit you with all the good non sense.

FDslider
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
yo got_milk, PM me your cell number or clear your PM's

Got Milk?
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
PMs cleared.

HOLLY SHIT, didnt see this. You actually payed? WOW

Learn from your mistakes.

5speed
01-28-2010, 11:42 PM
That sounds like a scam from the start. You dont pay anybody for them to sponsor you. You prove yourself to be valuable to them by representing their product and/or services at shows and competitions in order to attract new customers. I would neg rep you but I kinda feel bad that you fell for it but then again... nah I wont do it

Sammich
01-28-2010, 11:43 PM
this thread is lulz

slostang
01-29-2010, 03:05 AM
i signed up for it a few years back. they called and it all sounded good till they asked for $200. i was like uhhh ill pass man. then he kept calling me every other day until i told him to go suck a cawk and die, cause he wasnt getting a dime from me. lulz

Elbow
01-29-2010, 07:15 AM
I think it's funny some of you even signed up and just didn't pay. Why the FUCK would there be a car website that OFFERS sponsorships? It takes TONS of unbelievable amount of time and material to get sponsors, I've spent years making proposals and having meetings and only recently have started to pull large opportunities. Why would anyone think filling out a simple form would land you sponsorship? lol

ATLTSX
01-29-2010, 07:23 AM
They sponsored my whip with a custom paint job.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Old%20School%20meet/UN3D421.gif

was the $200.00 fee to cover the cost of the costume?

Elbow
01-29-2010, 07:26 AM
was the $200.00 fee to cover the cost of the costume?

No he paid $200 to cover the cost of the intake they provided as sponsorship in exchange for their logos on the car.

Doppelgänger
01-29-2010, 07:34 AM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *gasp* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

retard... don't ya know... you're supposed to go with carsponsorships.com

Elbow
01-29-2010, 07:40 AM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA *gasp* HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

retard... don't ya know... you're supposed to go with carsponsorships.com

THAT'S the other one I was thinking of. :lmfao: I thought there was another, probably the same company lol.

Bajjani
01-29-2010, 07:44 AM
You def got scammed...

This is why

SW Lifetime Sponsorship Option $98.98

They double charged you!! Maybe you should buy a second car they'll pimp it out also

Btw...

antj101
01-31-2010, 09:34 AM
yeah yeah yeah I realize how stupid it is now, lesson learned

Greddypacked
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
DUDE ANYTIME A COMPANY GOES... "this application will expire in 30 minutes, or please send payment now this deal will only last a few more days get it while you can GREAT DEAL" etc... most of the time its a scam. Since you being 20 years old you should of asked your parents about it and they probably would of told you it was a scam. When I was younger I would ask my parents and they would go lol no scam. So I did some research and bam found the scam lol. Next time do some research before you spend money on things like this.

antj101
01-31-2010, 09:53 AM
yeah dude, it was a stupid mistake, wont happen again

Arm&hammer
01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha. i can't believe you actually fell for it. lololol.

Got Milk?
01-31-2010, 05:51 PM
DUDE ANYTIME A COMPANY GOES... "this application will expire in 30 minutes, or please send payment now this deal will only last a few more days get it while you can GREAT DEAL" etc... most of the time its a scam. Since you being 20 years old you should of asked your parents about it and they probably would of told you it was a scam. When I was younger I would ask my parents and they would go lol no scam. So I did some research and bam found the scam lol. Next time do some research before you spend money on things like this.

Not most of the time, 100% of the time it's a scam. If you actually won something, they would not rush it.

green91
01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
yo man dont be listenin to deez fools i did the app when it wuz lik 150$ dollarz and i got a turbo kit of my choice like a month later man. den they give me a discont on some rims too and i got tires from ntb. so i mean there might be some bad site out thur but this one is legit.

MongolPup
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM
CarSponsors.com has teamed up with some of the biggest names in the automotive aftermarket industry. Blaupunkt USA, Tsunami Audio, Dunlop Tires, Fidanza Motorsports, Kyowa Wheels, Hot Import Nights, XM Radio, DEi Design Engineering, BodyKits Etc, GlowShift Gauges, Auto-Air Colors, Performance Auto & Sound Magazine, Decalkits.com, StreetFX, Stoner Car Care Products, R-Blox Sound Control and many others.

If those are the companies that a sponsorship place brags about having.....

MongolPup
01-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Listen to some of these stupid fucks. They type like 5th graders and have amazing ideas.

"I would very much like to represent your company. I personally have never known anyone who has your product and I would love to be able to show people what it is about and how it performs. Out of curiousity, I was wondering if it would be possible to obtain a full sponsorship through your company? I really like the originality and concept of the product. Thank you for your consideration and time. Sincerely, Garret Kalins."

"Well to start with, I would love to have the engine built for racing; big turbo charger, intercooler intake manifold, port and polish, header, and full exhaust. I want to drop it, maybe air bags or coil-overs. Full audio subs, amps,capacitors, TVs, navigation. Interior fully done up. 19 inch rims and tires, body kit race seats, custom paint job, street glow led lights inside and out (green or blue). I would love to make my car the bad ass car it should be. To be honest, I want to do anything and everything I can to my Pontiac Vibe. I want to go all the way. I really want to go big with the car show and win big for all the sponsors."

"i just want to say that it was a pleasure dealing with "ledglow", i recieved my ledglow 7 color under car light kit, in 4 days, i was amazed at how quick i recieved my order from start to finish, i installed the ledglow kit on my 2006 mustang gt, it took me about six hours to install on my own, with help it may have been 4 hours. the picture of the final product is in my profile. i got so many complements at the parade that i was in. thanks ledglow for making such a durable and awsome looking product. my stang turns heads when i park and turn the ledglow lights on. i am also looking forward to getting the interior add on kit to complete the set. thanks again!! and shout outs go to the "carsponsors" customer service staff for there help with my many questions, THANKS!!!!!"

"AEM has a superb cold air intake system. put it my 2003 mitsubishi eclipse, almost paint matched the car. Easy product to assemble and has an amazing, unique sound. The power increase was amazing as well... thanks for an amazing product!!!!"

"I really being a part of Carsponsors because it allows your dreams to come true. Since joining Carsponsors I have made friends with vendors in a professional manner as well as making new friends. You learn new ideals and ways to fix your car up from the pro's. Matt from Oxygen and Luis from Concept one have become my friends as well as I being their sponcered cars. We keep in contact and they help me with different ideals to make both of my cars better cars. I have delt with other companies and the reception has been fantastic. I really can't leave Ross of Glow Shift out because he has been johnny on the spot with both cars. His input of where to put gauges as well as tne ones that are the most important has been fantastic. Glow shift seven color gauges are a major attention getter no matter where you put them. I must admit when children as well as adults go crazy when they see your cars that makes it all worth while. I can't wait to do something new just 4 the wow factor! Hopefully I can get somemore sponsors to complete my dream but carsponsors is definately the way to achieve this goal! thanx! kelvin l. pride"

"this week-end was a very rewarding week-end,because i won 2 awards 1.) was at the delaware ohio gun center show there was about 78 cars and we where awarded 1978 to present award, but that was not the rewarding part of the show, it was when a new commer from carsponsors.com saw me with my t-shirt on and asked me if i would help him because it was his first show and he was kind of lost he was doing his rtf for colorstorm and he didn't know how to do it so i took his pics for him and showed him how to promote his sponsor he was very happy becouse he was on his way to becomming part of the best team ever. 2nd.) i won another award at the plain city cove show there was just over 100 cars registerd and we won best of show wow!!! now that was well worth it then when they called my name they said angelo with carsponsors.co and i had about 10 or more people come up to me to ask me about the sponsorship, that was really great, and it's great to be a part of a team that evry-one knows....and like i said once before in the car show word around marysville and columbus area( central ohio) knows us as the carsponsor people that really makes me pruod to be of a winning team....thanks carsponsors.com."

Julio
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
I had like 15 sponsors.. never had to pay a dime..

Sol-Badguy
01-31-2010, 09:04 PM
:lmfao:

81911SC
01-31-2010, 09:12 PM
LOL, you're really embarrassing IA right now.

Machado
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Ouch lol

Arm&hammer
01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Listen to some of these stupid fucks. They type like 5th graders and have amazing ideas.

"Well to start with, I would love to have the engine built for racing; big turbo charger, intercooler intake manifold, port and polish, header, and full exhaust. I want to drop it, maybe air bags or coil-overs. Full audio subs, amps,capacitors, TVs, navigation. Interior fully done up. 19 inch rims and tires, body kit race seats, custom paint job, street glow led lights inside and out (green or blue). I would love to make my car the bad ass car it should be. To be honest, I want to do anything and everything I can to my Pontiac Vibe. I want to go all the way. I really want to go big with the car show and win big for all the sponsors."

i almost fell out of my chair when i saw Pontiac vibe. ahahahahahahaha

miragemaniac
02-01-2010, 12:49 AM
To be honest, I want to do anything and everything I can to my Pontiac Vibe. I WANT TO GO ALL THE WAY. I really want to go big with the car show and win big for all the sponsors."

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pontiac Vibe...hehehe...but seriously dude lesson learned my ex got scammed really bad at a job placement service i got scammed on a RC trade and my homie got scammed with guess what?.......carsponsorships.com...yep its a cruel and harsh world...:/

miragemaniac
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
i almost fell out of my chair when i saw Pontiac vibe. ahahahahahahaha

damn i didn't se that post...lol i just saw pontiac vibe and was like "QUOTE!!!!" hahaha but he wants a big turbocharger and a intercooler intake manifold and tv's and capacitors and 19's...:crazy:

antj101
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Well I just talked to the guy. He called me at 10 this morning and said that he's been really busy with the proposal. He said as soon as he completes it he will email me a copy of it to see what I think. This just might be legit afterall! I'll keep yall posted so that if this is really a legitimate company than you can try it out.:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

On_Her_Face
02-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm so applying with my 2002 BMW Z8 today.

antj101
02-01-2010, 11:04 AM
:2up:lol go ahead

Bajjani
02-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Stoner Car Care Products <---this

GREENKOOLAID
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
i was gonna try some thing like this one time but i chose not to cuz it just was to up front and quick paste making me feel off guard.... so you mad out well only getting stuck with 170

antj101
02-01-2010, 11:30 AM
i was gonna try some thing like this one time but i chose not to cuz it just was to up front and quick paste making me feel off guard.... so you mad out well only getting stuck with 170

Can you retype that, I couldn't quite make out what you were trying to say:boobies:

lol jk, thanks dude

On_Her_Face
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Well they got back to me, 400 dollars for a sponsorship for my Z8. DEF doing this. Cheap lambo doors, decals, rotas, and apache racing wings.

Bajjani
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Well they got back to me, 400 dollars for a sponsorship for my Z8. DEF doing this. Cheap lambo doors, decals, rotas, and apache racing wings.

AND DECALS GALORE!!!

antj101
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
hahahahahah dude sounds like a deal, u better jump on it before the 30 minutes is up

DVSRX-7
02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
hahahahahah dude sounds like a deal, u better jump on it before the 30 minutes is up

your retarded, get your money back.

81911SC
02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
your retarded, get your money back.Well apparently, you're retarded also.

DVSRX-7
02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Well apparently, you're retarded also.

how the fuck am i retarded? :thinking:

81911SC
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
how the fuck am i retarded? :thinking::lmao: I shouldn't have to point it out.

SPOOLIN
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
LOL at all of this.

DVSRX-7
02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
:lmao: I shouldn't have to point it out.

wtf are u talkin about

Echonova
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Well I just talked to the guy. He called me at 10 this morning and said that he's been really busy with the proposal. He said as soon as he completes it he will email me a copy of it to see what I think. This just might be legit afterall! I'll keep yall posted so that if this is really a legitimate company than you can try it out.:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Kitten20saves.jpg

toxxxic
02-01-2010, 06:27 PM
The proposal?!

I thought the whole point of a sponsorship was doing what YOU want to the car and getting the parts YOU WANT for cheap / free and rocking a decal in exchange.

LOL not "oh im going to donate my car as a driving advertisement for this company who wants to make my car a big ricer POS"

Nerdsrock22
02-01-2010, 06:33 PM
In for update. Lookin' to get sponzored 2.

Echonova
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I CAN GET YOU 10% OFF ALL SPARCO GEAR. BUT SPARCO WANTS $475 PLUS 3% FOR PAYPAL FEES FROM YOU, TO SHOW YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING THEM TO SPONSOR YOUR CAR.

81911SC
02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
wtf are u talkin aboutStop trying. It's over your head.

Echonova
02-02-2010, 07:44 AM
In for an update.

DVSRX-7
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Stop trying. It's over your head.

so im retarded cuz my screen name? man your fucking stupid :2up:

Nerdsrock22
02-02-2010, 05:16 PM
so im retarded cuz my screen name? man your fucking stupid :2up:

He was referring to your spelling of "you're".

T.S.
02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Well I just talked to the guy. He called me at 10 this morning and said that he's been really busy with the proposal. He said as soon as he completes it he will email me a copy of it to see what I think. This just might be legit afterall! I'll keep yall posted so that if this is really a legitimate company than you can try it out.:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

You are to stupid to make fun of, No really... :goodjob:

Echonova
02-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Any updates?

Elbow
02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I'll make any of you a REAL sponsorship proposal for much cheaper. This place IS A JOKE, there is no hope, no sponsorship, just discounts. LOL do you race? What's the proposal? I'm so and so I need money to finish putting tires on my street car.