PDA

View Full Version : wetsand

hmong_Spec
01-28-2010, 08:46 AM
i know this is a noob question, but im fixing to paint my front bumper and spoiler, how do you wet sand? and also, what is the best way to paint it. I was just looking at the DIy section. and $35 if not bad of a price to beat.

jdmdb8itr
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
you get a bucket of water with a drop of soap, just to make it slick, get 1500, 2000 grit paper, hose the part off with water and dip the paper in the water bucket and start to sand, use 1500 first then 2000. it the surface is bad go to a 1000. and sand till its smooth.

to paint you really dont have to wet sand, you can scuff it up with like 320, just enough so you put scratches in it. thats just so the paint has something to hold on to. make sure its clean with alcohol, or acetone, you can prime it, then once its dry, i go back over it with 320 again to make sure its all smoothed out the tack it of and paint. start with a light to medium coat on the first go around, then another. it should only take 2 good coats, but if you want go for another coat.

i know this is a noob question, but im fixing to paint my front bumper and spoiler, how do you wet sand? and also, what is the best way to paint it. I was just looking at the DIy section. and $35 if not bad of a price to beat.

Theycall_Metue
01-30-2010, 12:26 AM
get a bucket of sand and fill it all the way to the top with water :lmfao:
or fort yargo has them too

x2 like what he said up there