PDA

View Full Version : Need help with insurance adjuster/bodyshop PLEAASE!!

PhunkyStamos
10-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok so this is the deal, my car was involved in an accident (http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=26887) and the insurance adjuster for the person at fault came out today. He said he could cut me a check if I wanted to keep it or give me one if I didn't. What I need is someone who is exp with body work, or knows someone who works/owns one, to look at my car and see if it would be worth to fix with the amount of money the company would give me. The engine and all that is fine, the front rebar wasn't even pushed in but since my car is so old and both airbags went off they are gonna total it. SO if anyone knows ANYBODY who could do this for me I would be totally thankful :) Please let me know ASAP....

Thanks

Robert

B16a2 Civic
10-27-2005, 02:04 PM
how much did they offer you?

PhunkyStamos
10-27-2005, 03:23 PM
$2900 if I took the car, 20% on top of that if they total it and take it (the insurance company)

PhunkyStamos
10-27-2005, 06:58 PM
come on I know someone knows somebody, or at least a good recommendation...

damn maybe I should of posted this in the whoreslounge or somethin

Tracy
10-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Jeff's automotive restorations

770-437-1313

He's out next door neighbor. AWESOME redneck guy. Tell him we sent you. He'll hook it up ;)

speedminded
10-27-2005, 07:00 PM
come on I know someone knows somebody, or at least a good recommendation...

damn maybe I should of posted this in the whoreslounge or somethindude, why isn't this being done at a body shop?

PhunkyStamos
10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
dude, why isn't this being done at a body shop?

Oh it'll go to a bodyshop I just wanted someone to check it out to even see if it would be worth it or not. It'll def go to a bodyshop, I just gotta get it towed or drive really slow.

When I first wrote the post I was panicing a little but now I'm calm. I'm thinking now of just taking the money seeing if it can be fixed for that amount or less, if not/too much trouble (aka getting a salvage title etc) than getting another 4th gen with that money and swapping everything over and selling whats left for parts. Thanks for the suggestion Tracy I'll check him out :goodjob:

Robert

speedminded
10-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh it'll go to a bodyshop I just wanted someone to check it out to even see if it would be worth it or not. It'll def go to a bodyshop, I just gotta get it towed or drive really slow.

When I first wrote the post I was panicing a little but now I'm calm. I'm thinking now of just taking the money seeing if it can be fixed for that amount or less, if not/too much trouble (aka getting a salvage title etc) than getting another 4th gen with that money and swapping everything over and selling whats left for parts. Thanks for the suggestion Tracy I'll check him out :goodjob:

Robertyou should tell them you want it taken to a body shop, and you're not paying to get it there. Don't know who your insurance is through or who the payer is but I would suggest a Select First shop (approved by State Farm) They will accurately give you a quote and not bullshit with you. Don't let anyone that comes out to you pressure you into taking a check.

Bishop
10-27-2005, 09:05 PM
We could so it for you as long as its not structual.

HiPSI
10-28-2005, 08:04 AM
i'm in the same boat right now but have to get the process started :(. keep this post up on how it all goes, i want to know how bad they try to screw you on it.

for reference what is the car that got wrecked? year/make/model? is it the one in your sig?

B16a2 Civic
10-28-2005, 08:52 AM
i'm in the same boat right now but have to get the process started :(. keep this post up on how it all goes, i want to know how bad they try to screw you on it.

for reference what is the car that got wrecked? year/make/model? is it the one in your sig?

naah, its a 4th gen prelude i believe
the pics are located here:http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=26887