PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Atlanta Motorsports Park give free track time and a t-shirt to "super speeders"

Tracy
01-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Good idea or bad? Discuss. Just saw this on the news tonight.

“Super Speeder” Law Increases Atlanta Motorsports Park Success!

Let’s face it: there is nothing more exhilarating than hearing the roar of an engine, being pushed deep into a bucket seat as you take a turn, and “seeing” a blur as you speed down the open road.

Unfortunately, driving your car fast is illegal—especially with the new “Super Speeder” law that went into effect on Jan. 1, 2010. This law adds an additional $200 fine on drivers exceeding 85 mph on any road and 75 mph on any two lane road. Though the government’s intentions for this law are to reduce the amount of people speeding on Georgia highways in order to lessen the large amount of medical emergencies and to keep traffic flows steady, there may be an unintentional effect from this law. Drivers have a need for speed, and Atlanta Motorsports Park has the perfect outlet for them.

Jeremy W. Porter, CEO, considers AMP as a place that allows speeders to safely and legally do what they want to do—DRIVE FAST! With speeding tickets increasing in price, drivers are going to look for other venues to push their vehicles to the limit. AMP offers a high-scale environment for unleashing the raw potential of sports cars without any of the pricey legal ramifications of doing so on state roads. With the new law in effect, AMP looks forward to a likely increase in customers.

In fact, AMP has decided that if you bring your super speeder ticket to the park, along with your sports car, then you can get a free half day on the track and a AMP super-speeder t-shirt that proclaims, (FRONT) "I've learned my lesson!" (BACK) "AMP is the only safe and fun way to fill the need for speed in Georgia !." Now that’s a nice perk for getting caught by the police for doing what comes naturally, huh?

5speed
01-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Sounds good to me

Tracy
01-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking some politician will make it out to be that they are promoting speeding.

AlanŽ
01-27-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking some politician will make it out to be that they are promoting speeding.

Eh. SO what it will be great business for them.

Elbow
01-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm going to speed tomorrow, not even kidding.

5speed
01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I already have today...several times

I AM AN OUTLAW!!!

Tracy
01-27-2010, 08:24 PM
LOL. Obviously I think it's awesome pr. It got them on the news. Jeremy is my peeps, so I hope it works for them!

green91
01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Funny thing is that a super speeder ticket costs less than it would to pay to get on their track for half a day.

Tracy
01-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Yep. That's why i was saying that a politician is gonna jump on it.

5speed
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Funny thing is that a super speeder ticket costs less than it would to pay to get on their track for half a day.
But you cant lose your license for it, and in the end could actually cost just as much or more depending how well of a record you have.

green91
01-28-2010, 09:52 AM
But you cant lose your license for it, and in the end could actually cost just as much or more depending how well of a record you have.

Yes im aware of this. I was simply poking fun at the park's outrageous pricing.

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2010, 12:44 PM

Exactly. That whole "article" you posted, initially, is a pile of shit. Later, QD.

5speed
01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes im aware of this. I was simply poking fun at the park's outrageous pricing.
What does it cost? I have only paid for Little Talledega

Tracy
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Exactly. That whole "article" you posted, initially, is a pile of shit. Later, QD.I wouldn't take it as an "article" but more of an explanation of the offer.

ironchef
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
So is AMP finally open?

Tracy
01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Here is an article: http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=140187

quickdodgeŽ
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't take it as an "article" but more of an explanation of the offer.

That's why I quoted the word. But explanation is a better word for it. Later, QD.

Dr.G35
01-28-2010, 01:57 PM
it might work.

Tracy
01-28-2010, 02:06 PM
That's why I quoted the word. But explanation is a better word for it. Later, QD.:la:

EG_Ryder
01-29-2010, 12:43 AM
hahaha wow thats awesome