PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS QUESTION FOR HAITI SUPPORTERS

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
If Haiti was filled with a bunch of white drug dealers, rapists, looters would people feel the same way?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Haiti

The country is heavily corrupt. Every year much of the humanitarian aid is pocketed by officials.

According to a World Bank report in 2006, "In Haiti, the process of business regulations is complex and customs procedures are lengthy."[4] On average, opening a business took 204 days. For comparison, the average was 73.3 days in Latin America and 16.3 days in OECD countries.[4] It took estimated 5 years and 65 bureaucratic procedures for a private person to buy land from the state.[4] It took 683 days to register a property.[4] All Latin American and Caribbean countries except Cuba and Venezuela enjoyed much more economic freedom than Haiti on the Index of Economic Freedom of 2006.[4]

The political elite is also involved in various criminal businesses. Beaudoin Ketant, a notorious international drug trafficker, Jean-Bertrand Aristide's close partner, and his daughter's godfather, confessed that Aristide "turned the country into a narco-country; it's a one-man show; you either pay (Aristide) or you die".[5] According to the BBC, pyramid schemes "were only real economic initiative of the Aristide years." Estimated $200 million was lost in these scams.[6]

You people donating your hard earned money thinking you're doing shit, you're better of sending your cash to the Salvation Army, or the local homeless guy down your street.

PURP
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
true story, bro

Elbow
01-27-2010, 03:38 PM
No, the kids however do deserve help.

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
this is what i've been saying. go tell bajjani he sent his money to criminals and watch him defend them, and his own actions. it's pretty funny.

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
No, the kids however do deserve help.

YES LETS HELP THE CHILDREN , SO THAT THEY CAN GROW UP LIKE THEIR FOREFATHERS.

Elbow
01-27-2010, 03:41 PM

If their forefathers die then...lol.

That's a stupid comment, you're saying every kid would end up like that? If kids came here and grew up in a white home they'd end up being criminals? Being a thug isn't a gene.

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 03:43 PM
If their forefathers die then...lol.

That's a stupid comment, you're saying every kid would end up like that? If kids came here and grew up in a white home they'd end up being criminals? Being a thug isn't a gene.

REALLY?

I THINK IT COULD BE

http://bp1.blogger.com/_3L7penww_eY/R1LrTN9V2nI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/B5jLCugh0Ww/s1600-R/gun.bmp

Elbow
01-27-2010, 03:44 PM
REALLY?

I THINK IT COULD BE

http://bp1.blogger.com/_3L7penww_eY/R1LrTN9V2nI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/B5jLCugh0Ww/s1600-R/gun.bmp

Not ALLLL the kids there carry machine guns around. lol

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6120522.stm

You people donating thinking you're helping out, you're better off flushing your money down the toilet...oh wait... your money is going to Haiti after all....

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 03:46 PM

LIES :lmfao:

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 03:46 PM

not all black people are charcoal either. but they're still black.

Elbow
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I donate to anything honestly.

However, like I said, not all the kids there are corrupt and they do deserve equal chances as anyone here.

Hell bring all the non dumb fuck kids here, who cares, this country is just a safe haven for anyone else anyway.

Elbow
01-27-2010, 03:48 PM

LOL

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I donate to anything honestly.

:screwy:

TIGERJC
01-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Terrorist are in Haiti, i say we go there in liberate them and spread democracy by building schools and hospitals and etc there. Also I heard the gays and abortion supporters are in Haiti, we cant let them spread their agenda to Haitians, b/c it will eventually come to America soil. Take the fight to them and spread American values like the Harry potter bible and greed

BKgen®
01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
If Haiti was filled with a bunch of white drug dealers, rapists, looters would people feel the same way?

Naw dawg. Those are called pirates.

arrr

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I think we should gather all of our homeless people, and ship them to haiti to help out. yea?

TIGERJC
01-27-2010, 04:23 PM
have your dad fund that mission kayfunk

tmracing83
01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Ah men.

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
have your dad fund that mission kayfunk

I dont' know what your obsession is with this kayfunk guy, you call everyone kayfunk. Anyways, my dad is pretty poor, I don't think he has the funds. Any other bright ideas?

Maybe your neighbor cop Carl Winslow could rally up the PD for some excess funds, or make the arrest and have them deported?? You got the contact Urkel, make it happen!

Kevykev
01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
, you're better of sending your cash to the Salvation Army,

That's where I sent my cash.

If you give the homeless guy $5 for food or towards finding shelter AND he buys crack with it, THAT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

Bottom line is that you did your part to help (instead of going the selfish route), it was in your heart to help out in any way you found to be feasible.

All you guys complaining about the economical, political side of it are exactly the reason why this world is the way it is.

You just don't see it do you?....Think about it..tonight right before sleep...Just think about it. :yes:

DVSRX-7
01-27-2010, 04:35 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Haiti

You people donating your hard earned money thinking you're doing shit, you're better of sending your cash to the Salvation Army, or the local homeless guy down your street.

if your implying to people that care regardless of their wrong doing's then yes i still would send them money during this time of disstress, pain & agony!

fuck the drug dealers, im doing it for the elderly & kids.

DVSRX-7
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM

this is so wrong, some actually are trying to better their countries while other's dont believe in them, keep selling & fucking up little kid's mind's!:no:

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
if your implying to people that care regardless of their wrong doing's then yes i still would send them money during this time of disstress, pain & agony!

fuck the drug dealers, im doing it for the elderly & kids.

what if the elderly and kids are dealin drugs, stealin money from tourists, and shooting people with ak47s?

TIGERJC
01-27-2010, 04:40 PM
I dont' know what your obsession is with this kayfunk guy, you call everyone kayfunk. Anyways, my dad is pretty poor, I don't think he has the funds. Any other bright ideas?

Maybe your neighbor cop Carl Winslow could rally up the PD for some excess funds, or make the arrest and have them deported?? You got the contact Urkel, make it happen!
:lmfao: getting lost in your own made up persona

DVSRX-7
01-27-2010, 04:43 PM
what if the elderly and kids are dealin drugs, stealin money from tourists, and shooting people with ak47s?

lol i keel dem... :2up:

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 05:18 PM
:lmfao: getting lost in your own made up persona

Getting lost in myself.. i guess you could say?

blaknoize
01-27-2010, 06:50 PM
who told u this lie? If ur light and have the proper voice, u can "pass" and be a white/black man

ueyedgr8tness
01-27-2010, 08:04 PM
WOW! another dumbass thread:( How about this sluts.I would rather send my $ to some drug heads over there than keep paying taxes to fund us sending more troops to other country's to try to make them like us,when we also no its a loss cause.U i give $ like crazy to ppl on the streets when i feel like there truly in need.But i also happen to have worked with a guy that posed as a homeless man for around 5-6 yr's because he was able to bring home anywhere from 40-65k a yr and no 1 that seen him on the street posing would never no it.So i say i will take my chances on another country that we all agree and no that they are in need of help and are truly poor.

The difference between usa and other country's is we act like were not scumbags and we put up a front for other contry's to look up to us and think were so great.But other country's just dont give a fuck they no they got problems and have no problem showing there truly colors.

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
WOW! another dumbass thread:( How about this sluts.I would rather send my $ to some drug heads over there than keep paying taxes to fund us sending more troops to other country's to try to make them like us

.. I stopped reading after this...

collins
01-27-2010, 08:34 PM
It's such a sad scenario when people try to help and the recieving government just pockets the proceeds. Kinda makes you feel stupid for trying. It's kinda the same scenario here. If somebody asks me for money, they don't get shit. If the same person asks for HELP, I'll bend over backwards and do what I can. There has been more than one occasion where I've bought a homeless person a full dinner from whatever resturant I might be coming out of or whatever is near so they can have at least one full meal. People need to carry the same mindset in donations elsewhere, because despite your best efforts, many times those donations are wasted on filth. I applaud those of you who have sent food and clothing or donated to an organization such as salvation army. However, tax dollars spent there have produced no fruits which is why inconsider it a waste. Hope this makes sense.

green91
01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
WOW. I will definitely always support our troops no matter if I agree with their assignment or not. Id rather support a US TROOP in the middle east over a self-made corrupt and broke country any day of the week. Shame on you

ash7
01-27-2010, 08:42 PM
It's such a sad scenario when people try to help and the recieving government just pockets the proceeds. Kinda makes you feel stupid for trying. It's kinda the same scenario here. If somebody asks me for money, they don't get shit. If the same person asks for HELP, I'll bend over backwards and do what I can. There has been more than one occasion where I've bought a homeless person a full dinner from whatever resturant I might be coming out of or whatever is near so they can have at least one full meal. People need to carry the same mindset in donations elsewhere, because despite your best efforts, many times those donations are wasted on filth. I applaud those of you who have sent food and clothing or donated to an organization such as salvation army. However, tax dollars spent there have produced no fruits which is why inconsider it a waste. Hope this makes sense.

this is my mindset exactly. Well said, sir.

-jonathan

Miss.Kayla
01-27-2010, 10:32 PM
who told u this lie? If ur light and have the proper voice, u can "pass" and be a white/black man

Total_Blender
01-28-2010, 03:44 PM
However, tax dollars spent there have produced no fruits which is why inconsider it a waste. Hope this makes sense.

Our government is doing everything possible to make sure that money spent on Haitian relief is not actually going to the Haitian gov't.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14282845?source=rss

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — Less than a penny of each dollar the U.S. is spending on earthquake relief in Haiti is going in the form of cash to the Haitian government, according to an Associated Press review of relief efforts.
Two weeks after President Barack Obama announced an initial $100 million for Haiti earthquake relief, U.S. government spending on the disaster has nearly quadrupled to $379 million, the U.S. Agency for International Development announced Wednesday. That's about $1.25 each from everyone in the United States.
Each U.S. relief dollar roughly breaks down like this: 42 cents for disaster assistance, 33 cents for U.S. military aid, 9 cents for food, 9 cents to transport the food, 5 cents for paying Haitian survivors for recovery efforts, just less than 1 cent to the Haitian government, and about half a cent to the Dominican Republic.
The U.S. aid is part of nearly $2 billion in relief aid flowing into Haiti — almost all of it managed by organizations other than the Haitian government, which has been struggling to re-establish its authority since the quake. On Wednesday, a defensive President Rene Preval acknowledged his country's reputation for graft but said aid money isn't lining the pockets of government officials.
Relief experts say it would be a mistake to send too much direct cash to the Haitian government, which was already unstable before the quake and routinely included on lists of the world's most corrupt countries.
"I really believe Americans are the most generous people who ever lived, but they want accountability," said Timothy Knight, a former U.S. Agency for International Development assistant director who spent 25 years distributing disaster aid. "In this situation, they're being very deliberate not to just throw money at the situation but to analyze, based on a clear assessment, and make sure that money goes to the best place possible."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14282845?source=rss#ixzz0dwgnTDqW [/article]

I think most people who do send money should be careful that the money they send isn't going to the government but to the NGO's that are doing the actual work. I would probably give to the organizations like the Red Cross or the Salvation Army, but I wouldn't donate via text message to some phone number I found on a random TV commercial. :crazy:

Got Milk?
01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Funny how I can't have my opinion on this situation. Mods going around and deleting my comments. What a fucking EPIC FAIL!

RedEj8
01-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I think we should gather all of our homeless people, and ship them to haiti to help out. yea?

I think that's a swell idea...Actually, we should send all our federal prisoners over there and force them to help via military gun point. If they don't help, they get shot..

When they're done we can just leave them there.