PDA

View Full Version : IT Forums

Hektik
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM
So im going to school for IT, and figured if I could learn how to do swaps and other work on cars from forums like IA and H-T. Then why not try the same for something else.lol.
So what are some good IT tech forums?
post em up:goodjob:

reps for all good help or advice...

HarietTubgrl
01-27-2010, 10:06 AM
whenever i have something at work that i can't figure out how to fix, i'll just do a search on google and a ton of forums come up. sometimes helpful, sometimes not. so maybe wait till you have a problem you can't think of the solution to and look it up :)

Hektik
01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
lol.. Yea. but i still have a year left of school.. I just wanted to know if there where any sites people would recommend to do some reading....I've heard of like techguy and stuff like that but just wanted to see what other people frequented.. Thanks tho

joecoolfreak
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I would definitely check out Spiceworks (http://community.spiceworks.com/referral/51a8525f12f9abeb15eb9c795e42bb4c). I use that application and the associated community forums almost daily.

Hektik
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Cool. thanks.

Another question for the IT's around here. What are the most important certifications to have? Which will help me get work? I've heard of the CCNA and the CCIE. what others are there out there?

Preciate any help guys...

HyPer50
02-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I visit these 3 sites pretty regularly.
http://www.hardocp.com/
http://arstechnica.com/
http://www.tomshardware.com/us/#redir

HyPer50
02-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Cool. thanks.

Another question for the IT's around here. What are the most important certifications to have? Which will help me get work? I've heard of the CCNA and the CCIE. what others are there out there?

A+ is the most basic cert.

ZeroAccess
02-06-2010, 10:01 AM
i'm in school for IT also

It really depends on what track you want to get into
Cisco has CCEnt CCNA CCISSP CCIE obviously some are alot higher than others
COMPTia has A+ , Network+, Security+, Linux+
I have plenty of resources and tons of information if you want drop me a PM and I'll send you my phone number and we can talk. I'm currently doing the CISCO and COMPTia exams ..well will when Taxes come back.

joecoolfreak
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Cool. thanks.

I think the most marketable certs out there are the cisco, the security, or the microsoft ones. It just depends on what part of IT you are going to focus on.

guinness
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Cool. thanks.

i actually have a CCIE myself.the CCNA is good if you are going to gear yourself more in the direction of networking since Cisco is the leader in networking. just keep in mind that the CCNA is good for 5 years before you have to renew it/re-certify yourself,while the CCIE is only good for 2 years and you can only do your recertification for that at Cisco's main location in San Jose,Ca. i just got myself re-certified a few months back.the plus side to being a CCIE is that you are one in a very small pool of people to choose from and if anyone is wanting to sell and/or install Cisco on the commercial scale,they HAVE to have a CCIE on staff.also keep in mind that out of all the Cisco certifications,the CCIE and Cisco Architect are the most expensive to pay for and the hardest to obtain.90% of the people who go for their CCIE or Architect certification,usually pass it on their second or third time around,or more.....including myself.it took me two tries at it.if you are going for Cisco and going to aim high,then i would shoot for the CCNP.the public in general has a better chance of getting their CCNP on the first try and it pays really well also.here's the catch though;you HAVE to have a CCNA before you can take the CCNP exam,so you can either be happy and keep your CCNA,or go for the CCNP.if you have anymore questions,feel free to ask.the IT world is a very large pool of options to pick from,so you have the best chance in this field to find something that you would be happy doing!!good luck with your search!!