PDA

View Full Version : Crime in Haiti, after Earthquake

LvnBoOst
01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
So, I was listening to V103 this morning, or 95.5, I dont remember...Anyways, they were talking about how much crime there is in Haiti right now due to the earthquake. People dont have food, water, clothing or shelter and they are shooting, robbing and killing people to try and get food and money.

Do you think it's rational for them to go to extremes for their family? Or do you think they are making the situation 12342345x worse by killing others to save themselves.

Its kind of obvious that they are in the wrong, from our viewpoints, but do you think stealing is the only way they are feeding their children and they have to do what they can to support their family?

Discuss...

PS. There are no "safe” areas in Haiti. There is a persistent danger of violent crime, which can be subject to periodic surges sometimes not obviously explained by other events or conditions. (WTF) Haiti is among the four most important countries for drug transit to the United States. Law and order in Haiti has steadily deteriorated as a result. (NO SHIT) Kidnapping, death threats, murders, drug-related shootouts, armed robberies, home break-ins and car-jacking are common in Haiti. <--Just a tidbit of information I found. :cheers:

bdydrpdmazda
01-27-2010, 09:45 AM
who gives a fuck about haiti, we have already given them over $300 million bucks while our economy is in the toilet. Pretty stupid IMO...

SouthrnStyle
01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
who gives a fuck about haiti, we have already given them over $300 million bucks while our economy is in the toilet. Pretty stupid IMO...

x fucking 2 man!

MongolPup
01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
"There has been concern about the security situation in Haiti, with fears that people not receiving aid would turn to violence.
But while there have been reports of looting and some incidents of violence, other agencies say they have been impressed by how Haitians have responded to the disaster.

Ms Byrs said the capital was "tense but calm" and that the few examples of violence were not representative of Haitian people.

"We are seeing a huge solidarity between Haitian people. They resilient, they taken their fate into own hands from the very beginning," she said. "

The BBC. Where are your quotes from?

LvnBoOst
01-27-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree. I dont think we should have given them that much money. I think what they need is people helping clean up and donations of food. Not money. They didnt have money before, why give it to them now....?

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 09:51 AM
lulz. GIVE THEM MORE MONEY GUIZ. THEY NEED IT. TO BUY MORE GUNS AND AMMO SO THEY CAN KEEP ROBBING PEOPLE.

punkr6
01-27-2010, 09:55 AM

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

LvnBoOst
01-27-2010, 09:56 AM
lulz. GIVE THEM MORE MONEY GUIZ. THEY NEED IT. TO BUY MORE GUNS AND AMMO SO THEY CAN KEEP ROBBING PEOPLE.

LOL. Thats why Im concerned. Not that its really any of my business because I didnt donate money...but I think if anything, they need food and water....because if they dont get that soon, they will die. What good is it going to do them to rebuild their cities if they are all dead...?

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL. Thats why Im concerned. Not that its really any of my business because I didnt donate money...but I think if anything, they need food and water....because if they dont get that soon, they will die. What good is it going to do them to rebuild their cities if they are all dead...?

The place is infested with criminals. It was only a matter of time.

Hektik
01-27-2010, 10:08 AM
This is what comes to mind when I think of Haiti...Fuck your pitbulls hyenas are the way to go...

http://www.africancrisis.org/images/NigeriaHyenaBaboonPet.jpg

HarietTubgrl
01-27-2010, 10:11 AM
anyplace is infested with criminals, though

tmracing83
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Actually we've already given Haiti over 500 million dollars.

S2KJD
01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
making the situation worse.

81911SC
01-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Fuck haiti

On_Her_Face
01-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Last night I went to team trivia at BWW and our team name was "Don't you Haiti when earthquakes happen?". Everybody laughed, hell here I come.

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Last night I went to team trivia at BWW and our team name was "Don't you Haiti when earthquakes happen?". Everybody laughed, hell here I come.

Last time i went to team trivia my team name was "my couch pulls out, but I don't."

nreggie454
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
The day after the earthquake, we played trivia and our name was "This just in, Voodoo does NOT prevent earthquakes."

On_Her_Face
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Last time i went to team trivia my team name was "my couch pulls out, but I don't."

Good name, I've heard it though lol

The day after the earthquake, we played trivia and our name was "This just in, Voodoo does NOT prevent earthquakes."

LOL that's funny.

Our other team names include: Swinging Richards in your face, Define statutory, or Leave you like Lane Kiffin.

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Good name, I've heard it though lol

yea, this was like 3 years ago though. lol.

Nemesis
01-27-2010, 11:56 AM
lol Haiti...people still talking about that bullshit? The crime rates were probably stupid high there anyways.

INSTEAD OF DONATING FUCKING MONEY WE SHOULD DECLARE MARSHALL LAW AND SHOOT ANY CRIMINAL ON THE SPOT. THEN MAKE HAITI ONE BIG LANDFILL.

xxbckiexx
01-27-2010, 12:30 PM
lol Haiti...people still talking about that bullshit? The crime rates were probably stupid high there anyways.

INSTEAD OF DONATING FUCKING MONEY WE SHOULD DECLARE MARSHALL LAW AND SHOOT ANY CRIMINAL ON THE SPOT. THEN MAKE HAITI ONE BIG LANDFILL.

might just be the best post of the century.

tmracing83
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
^^^^

X2

bloodline
01-27-2010, 01:44 PM
if you dont give a fuck about haiti or anything..why bother reading this and wasting your time to post that you dont care and dont give a fuck? lol

haiti's crime rates im sure have always been pretty high..in times of a crisis like that..i think its just the natural instinct of doin whatever you got to do to try to get food and provide shelter for your family..im sure they wont even think twice of killing one another..

i hate how our government feels the need to help every country and there problems and whatnot but we have so much problems and things to fix in our own country..its all about haiti and tryin to help them..fuck that what about our troops in afgan.??? we dont here about them? its like there fighting a forgotten war..we have thousands of troops over there still..but we dont here nothing about it...

Got Milk?
01-27-2010, 01:48 PM

x2, rep if i can.

over 600m to correct you there. People in Haiti are animals.

Got Milk?
01-27-2010, 01:53 PM
if you dont give a fuck about haiti or anything..why bother reading this and wasting your time to post that you dont care and dont give a fuck? lol

People like you piss me the fuck out. OMG I wonder why we all stated our opinion, it could be the fact that this is a public forum, and it's here to be discussed. And for your info, not everyone will agree or have same response as you. :lmfao:

Me86Rob
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Because Haiti was such a crime free place before the quakes........

Skorcher
01-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not siding one way or the other in this, just thought I'd throw more fuel on the debate with this article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100127/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_haiti_us_aid

"Less than a penny of each dollar the U.S. is spending on earthquake relief in Haiti is going in the form of cash to the Haitian government, according to an Associated Press review of relief efforts.
Two weeks after President Obama announced an initial $100 million for Haiti earthquake relief, U.S. government spending on the disaster has nearly quadrupled to $379 million, the U.S. Agency for International Development announced Wednesday. That's about $1.25 each from everyone in the United States.
Each American dollar roughly breaks down like this: 42 cents for disaster assistance, 33 cents for U.S. military aid, nine cents for food, nine cents to transport the food, five cents for paying Haitian survivors for recovery efforts, just under one cent to the Haitian government, and about half a cent to the Dominican Republic.
Relief experts say it would be a mistake to send too much direct cash to the Haitian government, which is in disarray and has a history of failure and corruption.
"I really believe Americans are the most generous people who ever lived, but they want accountability," said Timothy R. Knight, a former US AID assistant director who spent 25 years distributing disaster aid. "In this situation they're being very deliberate not to just throw money at the situation but to analyze based on a clear assessment and make sure that money goes to the best place possible."

bloodline
01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
People like you piss me the fuck out. OMG I wonder why we all stated our opinion, it could be the fact that this is a public forum, and it's here to be discussed. And for your info, not everyone will agree or have same response as you. :lmfao:

you dont need to be pissed the fuck out lol its just ia
yes everyone stated there opinion..its a public forum.im not saying everyones feedback has to be positive..im just stated my opinion as well.. no harm no foul..
:boobies:

Kevykev
01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
You guys do understand that during times of crisis - CRIME INCREASES.

Ever Heard the Phrase "Desperate Times Call for DESPERATE MEASURES"

Let something go down over in your neck of the woods and watch what happens.

DVSRX-7
01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
people are desperate for food & aid for their families! so fuck everyone else's comments! you guys are selfish son's of bitches for real!

SouthrnStyle
01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
people are desperate for food & aid for their families! so fuck everyone else's comments! you guys are selfish son's of bitches for real!

you go help them then get offline take ur happy ass there and do somthing or just waste your money and give it to them

DVSRX-7
01-27-2010, 06:38 PM
you go help them then get offline take ur happy ass there and do somthing or just waste your money and give it to them

i will, one day i want to be just like you :taun:

LvnBoOst
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Speaking of Haiti....I just got back from Rite Aid and the old guy at the counter was trying to force me to donate money to Haiti.....I had to tell him multiple times that I was broke and I was only there to buy essential items....pissed me off...

/rant

LvnBoOst
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM

Julio
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
despite all that, Im willing to bet the crime rate in GA is higher then Haiti, even in this crisis.. of course, GA's population is higher...

But why are any of you worried... when our backyard is worst?

LvnBoOst
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
despite all that, Im willing to bet the crime rate in GA is higher then Haiti, even in this crisis.. of course, GA's population is higher...

But why are any of you worried... when our backyard is worst?

True...