PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV THE PURSUIT OF FUNCTION!

MugenCrx
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
ok ive seen this a long time ago but who has yet to see it and what are your comments on todays people on the sublect "JDM"

StreetHazard
01-27-2010, 10:40 AM
I think modifying import vehicles is as geeky as building model trains in your basement, or crafting remote control aircraft in your garage. I am not saying it's not fun, I am just saying ANYONE taking it too seriously has every right to be ridiculed and mocked until they get so fed up with the "scene" they just quit.

the people in this video deserve to be mocked and ridiculed, especially that trendy emo douchbag. And I don't give a fuck they went on to create companies and now they make big bank.

It would be like if I went on to make mad coin filming myself masturbating. it would be awesome...but not really something to take alot of pride in or brag about.

r_Senik
01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
that no one probably knew about FF squad. and how they was one of the pioneers to this jdm shit.

bloodline
01-27-2010, 02:08 PM
horrible video..the ppl speaking in the video are idiots especially for that 1 white dood that said jdm'ism....

Whats so geeky about modifying imports? lol this is import atlanta, 95 percent of the folks on here modify imports,everyone has different taste when it comes to cars.
Who cares about being ridiculed and mocked..if you build something a car, work hard and take pride in it, thats all that matters.

Elbow
01-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Horrible. Haven't watched it all but half are the typical Honda ricers. They don't know what the hell they're talking about in reality.

MugenCrx
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Horrible. Haven't watched it all but half are the typical Honda ricers. They don't know what the hell they're talking about in reality.

exactly i wanted to know what you guys thought about it man things that the HONDA scene nowadays are talking about is old and pointless to me i love hondas for their outstanding ability to last forever but people are so stupid when they always put the WORD JDM in every sentence

MugenCrx
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
that no one probably knew about FF squad. and how they was one of the pioneers to this jdm shit.

yesir they did it because it was what they liked and now everyone gets called a ricer if you dont have jdm shit LMAO its so stupid "your a ricer for having APC parts on your car"

StreetHazard
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
horrible video..the ppl speaking in the video are idiots especially for that 1 white dood that said jdm'ism....

Whats so geeky about modifying imports? lol this is import atlanta, 95 percent of the folks on here modify imports,everyone has different taste when it comes to cars.
Who cares about being ridiculed and mocked..if you build something a car, work hard and take pride in it, thats all that matters.

All I am saying is they are "toys" for grown ups...and people arguing over (which one is better, which ones handle better or has more potential) sound like children in a sandbox having the same discussion about optimus prime or megatron.

Not to mention like many other "hobbies" you do not even get a good return on your time, or money in this investment. your car is as forgettable as anyone elses....I already forgot what those assclowns drove in the video.

I have to say that "classic cars" do not fall into this category, as there is a chance that the vehicle you (modify/restore) may actually fetch you back a good price. You will never see a fucking civic rolling off of the stage at Barret Jackson.

And yes...I said all of that while owning a Honda, it's in my profile

MugenCrx
01-27-2010, 11:04 PM
All I am saying is they are "toys" for grown ups...and people arguing over (which one is better, which ones handle better or has more potential) sound like children in a sandbox having the same discussion about optimus prime or megatron.

Not to mention like many other "hobbies" you do not even get a good return on your time, or money in this investment. your car is as forgettable as anyone elses....I already forgot what those assclowns drove in the video.

I have to say that "classic cars" do not fall into this category, as there is a chance that the vehicle you (modify/restore) may actually fetch you back a good price. You will never see a fucking civic rolling off of the stage at Barret Jackson.

And yes...I said all of that while owning a Honda, it's in my profile

lol i see what u saying classic cars are where its at if you want something major in return

cactusEG
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Saw this Vid Many times !

BIG WORM
01-28-2010, 12:15 AM
I wonder 50 years from now if a "Mint" GS-R will sell at the crazy prices these Domestic and European classics do on Barrett Jackson...

nreggie454
01-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I wonder 50 years from now if a "Mint" GS-R will sell at the crazy prices these Domestic and European classics do on Barrett Jackson...

Probably not. A Type R will bring money, if anything.

MugenCrx
01-28-2010, 07:00 PM
lol the way thing are going there will be no more gsr's or type r if that mugen would be worth more than anything else