PDA

View Full Version : Religion One thing that pisses me off about christians!

RL...
01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
If God was real, then why do Christians think they know him?

God is infinite in every sense of the word. He does not think, because he already knows. He does not exist, yet he does exist at the same time. He is everywhere, and nowhere. He is so far above us that we can not comprehend him at all. That's it, end of story. I do not understand why christians think they know what god wants and what his will is.

As it stands, if there were such a divine spirit, we would have no idea what he thinks. And that's just it. An omniscient god does not think, he knows everything about everything. We as humans can not, and could not understand him or comprehend his existence in any way shape or form even if he were to be right in front of us.

It's like when we are outside and we see an ant walk by. The ant sees us, but it does not know what we are. It is simply incapable of having the thought process to comprehend what we are. It just sees some huge object in front of it, and either walk on us or around us. It is not able to anticipate how we think, or why we do the things we do! So why do christians try to anticipate what god wants for us and think they know all about his "wants"

The same is true with god, we have no way of truly knowing what he wants or how he thinks! We as humans must understand that an omniscient god does not think like us. He does not have a human brain nor think like us. He is a god and already knows everything. So why would he create, the earth, humans, give us the bible, just to see if we would make good or bad decisions. That to me, sounds like something a child might do. God already knows want we would do, as he knows the past, present, and future. He knows what would happen before it does, so why would he do this? hmmmm

5speed
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Why Christians, that every religion right?

RL...
01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Why Christians, that every religion right?

Yeah, I just singled them out because they are the single largest religious group in the world with about 2 billion people.

5speed
01-26-2010, 05:22 PM
I am gonna single out Chinese people for everything now :ninja:

RL...
01-26-2010, 05:25 PM
I am gonna single out Chinese people for everything now :ninja:

Well since I am not chinese we can both single them out!!!!!!

5speed
01-26-2010, 05:28 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NissanTun3r again.

One_Bad_SHO
01-26-2010, 06:30 PM
What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

geoff
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
why do christians think we know God? well thats not an answer i can give you if you have no faith. let me ask you this, from the points you made in your own words of this post you kept asking why God would do this or that or why would He create us, the world, the bible and see what we would do? from your view of God what would cause this omniscient God to even create anything in the first place? the bible doesnt really tell us why He created anything in the first place, it states we were created to worship.

let me ask you this, do you honestly think God would create everything for no purpose, to fend for themselves, without reason or direction? NO. we can not comprehend such a powerful being, your right on that part. thats why there are still so many questions when it comes to God. but, if you look at the bible you can kinda figure this out. God first created the universe and the heavenly body, i.e angels, cheribum, ect...the angels and such were created to worship and praise God, we humans were given free will to do this. maybe God started creation because He got bored? maybe we are just an experiment, maybe this is all a test.

Starrfire
01-27-2010, 10:45 PM
It's almost like you are trolling, like no human could be so simple to think this way. But being a product of your environment is truly sad in this way. Such a "lost puppy" in the world way of thinking. A truly simple way of thinking being taught NOTHING more than to OBEY.

geoff
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
im sorry starrfire but your wrong about me. i was never " taught" anything about obedeince to God, atleast not anything i was old enough to comprehend. when i was 19 i was tired of my life of partying, drinking, drugs, sleeping around, ect....none of it had fulfillment any more. i thought there had to be more to life, that maybe God was real. so i started going to a church. the first two months i went there it felt like the pastor had a personal book of my life and what i was thinking and was answering my deepest questions. i found this all very strange and decided to see what it was all about. i picked up a bible and began studying it not just reading it. i studied it compared to science, philosophy, sociology, psychology, ect...and then it all made sense to me. God is very real, so i kept studying and came to the faith i have today.

Starrfire
01-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Well you may have a void in your heart that you need to be filled with an invisible being.

I have the drive in my heart to fill it with experiences and never just do "nothing". I live my life like every day is the last, and do the best with how things progress throughout the day.

I don't need to pray, because I have the mental fortitude and will power to push back when shit is just completely stacked against me. It is the inverse of this that makes Christians weak, they have to pause, stop and pray for strength they obviously don't have. Weakness that holds mankind back in every culture. Peace is impossible with their ways of thinking.

geoff
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
prayer is a weakness that holds back mankind in every culture, peace is impossible with our ways of thinking? im sorry but i believe God will open doors for us when we pray but fully expect work on our side too. i have much peace in my life.

Starrfire
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
I fully have "faith" that things will be great anyways, no praying involved,and then I just stay positive when I know full well things are going down hill or shit gets thick. I don't need prayer.

StreetHazard
01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Only "one" thing that pisses you off about christians?

If I listed them all my hands would cramp up with carpal tunnel syndrome and fall off

Jiggity96
01-28-2010, 10:37 PM
IF there is a GOD responsible for everything, I can only
hope that it is the GOD that I am most knowledgeable of
growing up going to Methodist and Baptist churches. However
I do RESPECT the fact that I may be wrong, and there may be
no GOD no afterlife just an ending with a body left behind

ahabion
01-28-2010, 10:39 PM

God is infinite in every sense of the word. He does not think, because he already knows. He does not exist, yet he does exist at the same time. He is everywhere, and nowhere. He is so far above us that we can not comprehend him at all. That's it, end of story. I do not understand why christians think they know what god wants and what his will is.

As it stands, if there were such a divine spirit, we would have no idea what he thinks. And that's just it. An omniscient god does not think, he knows everything about everything. We as humans can not, and could not understand him or comprehend his existence in any way shape or form even if he were to be right in front of us.

It's like when we are outside and we see an ant walk by. The ant sees us, but it does not know what we are. It is simply incapable of having the thought process to comprehend what we are. It just sees some huge object in front of it, and either walk on us or around us. It is not able to anticipate how we think, or why we do the things we do! So why do christians try to anticipate what god wants for us and think they know all about his "wants"

The same is true with god, we have no way of truly knowing what he wants or how he thinks! We as humans must understand that an omniscient god does not think like us. He does not have a human brain nor think like us. He is a god and already knows everything. So why would he create, the earth, humans, give us the bible, just to see if we would make good or bad decisions. That to me, sounds like something a child might do. God already knows want we would do, as he knows the past, present, and future. He knows what would happen before it does, so why would he do this? hmmmm

Two ways to answer this, so you can take your pick and run with it.

1) In regards to our humanity: The finite or a finite being can never ever comprehend that which is infinite. What we comprehend is still only as finite as our minds are capable of even imagining. To think that we know what happened before us is an illusion.

2) In regards to Christianity: We believe that the Bible is God inspired. He didn't leave us with nothing but instead gave us a road map of sorts. Why would he do this when he is all-knowing? I can answer that with another question: What is better than the best? God uses us to glorify himself... it's all over the Bible about this and Christians know it. Selfish? Quite so, but there in again... our feable finite minds cannot understand that which is infinite and what can ever be better than that which is already the best?

RL...
01-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Two ways to answer this, so you can take your pick and run with it.

1) In regards to our humanity: The finite or a finite being can never ever comprehend that which is infinite. What we comprehend is still only as finite as our minds are capable of even imagining. To think that we know what happened before us is an illusion.

2) In regards to Christianity: We believe that the Bible is God inspired. He didn't leave us with nothing but instead gave us a road map of sorts. Why would he do this when he is all-knowing? I can answer that with another question: What is better than the best? God uses us to glorify himself... it's all over the Bible about this and Christians know it. Selfish? Quite so, but there in again... our feable finite minds cannot understand that which is infinite and what can ever be better than that which is already the best?

The way I see it is, that if there was an omniscient god who was all powerful/all knowing, why would he want to be glorified by us? To be glorified? Because he is selfish? These are human attributes and I do not think god would have any type of human emotion since he is perfect and all knowing. I think many people picture god of having all these human characteristics but if he did, then he would not be perfect and would not be all knowing because we all know that we as humans are exteremly flawed beings. I think people just need to stop portraying god to be a human, he is not one of us. He is above us, he transcends us in ways we can literally not imagine. But then again, when it really comes down to it none of us can understand him, or his wants if he even has any. We understand as much about god as an ant is capable of understanding us.

geoff
01-29-2010, 11:47 AM
well, in Genesis God states that He created man in His image, " and God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness," gen.1:26 and "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him." gen.1:27

lets interpret this shall we..."Let US make" epmhasizes the majesty of the speaker. furthermore, the use of a plural for God allows for the later revelation of the Godhead ( God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit) " In our image" the traditional view is that God's image is certain moral, ethical, and intellectual abilities. A more recent view, based on Hebrew grammar and knowledge of the ancient near east, interprets the phrase as meaning, " let us make man AS our image." information from Nelson's Student Bible commentary pg.4

this can be interpreted as this, God the Spirit has no fleshly image. the closest we get at this is the incarnation of Jesus Christ the divine man. so, God did not create us to have a body like His but rather that our capabilities of morals, values, conscience, intellect, rationalization, and comprehension were all fashioned after His attributes. so it would be safe to say that if we were fashioned as thus, then we also experience the same emotions of God. you say that as an omniscient being we could never expect to understand Him or His will or ways, yet you have decided to take it upon yourself to say that you understand Him enough to state that He would be too high or transcendant to have emotions or care for His creation. like ahabion stated, we as believers believe that God left us with distinct instructions when He inspired men to write the scriptures. as 2timothy 3:16 states, " ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

bdydrpdmazda
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I just singled them out because they are the single largest religious group in the world with about 2 billion people.
Im pretty sure Muslim is the largest religion in the world...

bu villain
01-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Actually he is right, almost twice as many christians as muslims. You can look it up from a number of sources.

StreetHazard
01-29-2010, 05:52 PM
I am so tired of this banter.....let me show you guys just a small taste of the reality of our situation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=1786422&page=1

Given the increasing religiosity of American culture, it's perhaps not too surprising that a new study out this month finds that Americans are not fond of atheists and trust them less than they do other groups. The depth of this distrust is a bit astonishing nonetheless.

More than 2,000 randomly selected people were interviewed by researchers from the University of Minnesota. Asked whether they would disapprove of a child's wish to marry an atheist, 47.6 percent of those interviewed said yes. Asked the same question about Muslims and African-Americans, the yes responses fell to 33.5 percent and 27.2 percent, respectively. The yes responses for Asian-Americans, Hispanics, Jews and conservative Christians were 18.5 percent, 18.5 percent, 11.8 percent and 6.9 percent, respectively. When asked which groups did not share their vision of American society, 39.5 percent of those interviewed mentioned atheists. Asked the same question about Muslims and homosexuals, the figures dropped to a slightly less depressing 26.3 percent and 22.6 percent, respectively. For Hispanics, Jews, Asian-Americans and African-Americans, they fell further to 7.6 percent, 7.4 percent, 7.0 percent and 4.6 percent, respectively.

The study contains other results, but these are sufficient to underline its gist: Atheists are seen by many Americans (especially conservative Christians) as alien and are, in the words of sociologist Penny Edgell, the study's lead researcher, "a glaring exception to the rule of increasing tolerance over the last 30 years." Edgell also maintains that atheists seem to be outside the limits of American morality, which has largely been defined by religion. Many of those interviewed saw atheists as cultural elitists, amoral materialists, or given to criminal behavior or drugs. She states, "Our findings seem to rest on a view of atheists as self-interested individuals who are not concerned with the common good."

Of course, it should go without saying, but won't, that belief in God isn't at all necessary to have a keen ethical concern for others. The study will appear in the April issue of the American Sociological Review and is co-written by assistant professor Joseph Gerteis and associate professor Doug Hartmann.

Possible Partial Remedies

The results of this study suggest a couple of partial remedies. One is a movie analogy of "Brokeback Mountain," which dealt with manly cowboys coming to grips with their homosexuality. A dramatic rendition of a devoutly religious person (or couple) coming to grips with the realization of his (their) disbelief may be eye-opening for many. A movie version of the science writer Martin Gardner's novel "The Flight of Peter Fromm" may do the trick. In the book, Gardner tells the story of a young fundamentalist and his somewhat torturous journey to free-thinking skepticism.

One other suggestion is for politicians. When they invoke the inclusive nature of American society and go through the litany of welcoming Christians of all denominations, Jews, and Muslims to some event, they should go a step further and welcome people of other religious persuasions as well as nonbelievers. The number of atheists and agnostics in this country is hard to measure, especially since most of these many millions of Americans don't advertise, but a politician's greater inclusiveness may pay political dividends. It's also the right thing to do.

Liberty University Debate Champions?

A tenuously related story also near the crossroads of religion and politics is the No. 1 ranking of the debate team at Liberty University. Founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell, a Christian fundamentalist and political conservative, the university has in recent years fielded a team that has attracted much media attention. The March 19 New York Times Magazine devoted a long story to the team, which also received extensive recent coverage in Newsweek, on CBS, and in various other venues.

StreetHazard
01-29-2010, 05:59 PM
The homosexuals in this country have fought for their freedoms in politics, and have a strong voice in american culture. Atheists should stop being such cowardly pushovers and follow their example.

Atheists are sitting on their hands when it comes to these issues, we have no voice, we have no political sway...we are allowing ourselves to be pushed and bullied by the christian republican right like a fat kid shoving us off the playground. We are being ignored like we are ignored on this forum, and many others on the interwebs, we are being ignored in our communities, like we are being ignored in the entire western culture. Atheist's want to act like they are "playing nice" but instead are being so cowardly and politically correct about EVERYTHING, about the monopoly of morality in this country, like the wars in the middle-east. Atheist's seem to have an attitude like "you play on your side of the fence, and we will stay on ours" and THAT is NOT happening...the religious right in this country are leaping over that fence every fucking day, and to add insult to injury, stealing our fucking shoes on top of it. Atheists across this nation are being mewling pussies by practicing this "non-engagement" and burying their heads in the sand. Engaging in "friendly debate" is getting your ideals nowhere. playtime is over for these religious zealots.

So there ya go christians! I hate atheists too, and I sure do not understand them either...

there...I said my piece, now continue your "friendly debate"

Starrfire
01-29-2010, 06:30 PM
I must admit Christians are very intolerable

StreetHazard
01-29-2010, 06:34 PM
I must admit Christians are very intolerable

pffffffft.....

ahabion
01-29-2010, 11:22 PM
The way I see it is, that if there was an omniscient god who was all powerful/all knowing, why would he want to be glorified by us? To be glorified? Because he is selfish? These are human attributes and I do not think god would have any type of human emotion since he is perfect and all knowing. I think many people picture god of having all these human characteristics but if he did, then he would not be perfect and would not be all knowing because we all know that we as humans are exteremly flawed beings. I think people just need to stop portraying god to be a human, he is not one of us. He is above us, he transcends us in ways we can literally not imagine. But then again, when it really comes down to it none of us can understand him, or his wants if he even has any. We understand as much about god as an ant is capable of understanding us.

Depending on the theology, the creation of us in his likeness is essentially the only way we can hope to learn and understand God. We laugh, we cry, have emotions. Again, based on the theology, we were created first as spirit beings before flesh. We have a soul, emotions... How we can relate to the one who created us is how we can look at ourselves... do we know this to be true... no of course not. But much like an orphan can learn to understand who is parents were or are, is to look and observe the likeness of themselves or their siblings.

Then there was Emmanuel.

The Bible provides a road map to comprehend the big why... in life, finances, marriage, relationships, an understanding of the one who created us. It's weird how the pages in such an ancient story book directly mirrors the lives that we all live today...

87 Turbo II
01-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Maybe God is all knowing, but he needs free-decision worship to feed his power, so he created us to remain powerful beyond just the worship his angels bring him. I'm not anywhere religious as I want to be, and do not read or know the bible very well, so that statement or idea is probably 100% wrong, but call it a guess. Either way, I am questioning faith, I have been my whole life. Simply put, I just CANNOT bring myself to trust anything with that many questions. and then, when I ask too many questions, people tell me "not to question god" or use a general blanket statement like "the answer is only something God knows." So don't think I represent the Christian community, even if I am Lutheran Christian.

KodyH
01-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Man I'm not even Christian and I can give you a probable reason. Hope.

geoff
01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
streethazard- maybe atheists are not fighting hard because they dont believe the crap that they are trying to sell? how can you fight for a belief in nothing? how can you persuade people to give up hope, faith, morals, and values? im ashamed of you my friend, you used to have a calling on your life and abandoned that. i dont know why or what happened to you but we already spoke. i will say this to you and nothing more, YOU WILL NEVER silence ours and your God! His Word is forever settled and no matter what ideals, theories, stories, or fables may present themselves; God's TRUTH will never fade. you will never escape it you cant hide from it. if you want to then that would mean you have to escape life, and i dont think your ready to meet the Lord yet.

Starrfire
01-31-2010, 10:20 PM
streethazard- maybe atheists are not fighting hard because they dont believe the crap that they are trying to sell? how can you fight for a belief in nothing? how can you persuade people to give up hope, faith, morals, and values? im ashamed of you my friend, you used to have a calling on your life and abandoned that. i dont know why or what happened to you but we already spoke. i will say this to you and nothing more, YOU WILL NEVER silence ours and your God! His Word is forever settled and no matter what ideals, theories, stories, or fables may present themselves; God's TRUTH will never fade. you will never escape it you cant hide from it. if you want to then that would mean you have to escape life, and i dont think your ready to meet the Lord yet.

No but I wished he would so I didn't have to hear any more of this bull crap anymore. I don't give a shit about your god, because he isn't mine. That would mean that I would have to accept such a being which would be an insult to my intelligence.

ChnkyLao
02-01-2010, 01:01 AM

sorry i had to highlight this, you don't have to be religious to have morals and values,

no one is saying society will fall or you're an automatic bad person if you give up religion. Hope and faith in god is just questioned, honestly i just overlook it. God may be real but I don't see him take part in any human business, provide any sort of help, or even care really. I'm going to refer to him as he/him. He is probably just watching us and that is it. Like i said in earlier threads in this section, praying and hoping god will do something is pointless to me. I don't expect him to do anything, the only real thing you can do is believe in yourself.

dallasb84
02-01-2010, 07:22 AM
im just curious why religion and science get so mixed up all the time....

is our existence just statistics and just one big algorithm...... or were we created.

science says we are a statistic...

religion says we were made....

from a rational standpoint our universe is billions on billions of years old......and this is a fact....

from bible believers our universe was created instantly 7 thousand years ago.... this is not a fact but theory...and a very stupid one

i believe in god.....and find that my personal beliefs are often contrary to modern scientific facts and methods....but........there have been a few extra ordinary events and blessings that i have had in life that i am thankfull for and give thanks to god.

S2KJD
02-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Im not going to act like im all knowing on everything just because im a Christian; however, I can always invite anyone who is ever interested in further seeking, or in many cases asking questions, God's word from people who have spent their entire lives serving Christ @ 12Stone Church off hwy 20 (mall of ga) and there is where all these questions/concerns should be asked without hesitation and where they are MORE than welcomed :)

lmk and you will always have someone(that you sort of know) to sit with...

God bless,

JD

geoff
02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
i just wish some of you would realize that even if you dont believe in Jesus or accept Him, that it changes nothing. He formed you in your mothers womb and breathed a soul into you. Believe Him or not, He is still your God

ChnkyLao
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
i just wish some of you would realize that even if you dont believe in Jesus or accept Him, that it changes nothing. He formed you in your mothers womb and breathed a soul into you. Believe Him or not, He is still your God

pretty much sums it up there,

wait my dad is jesus?

StreetHazard
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM

LOL! that's all I got...well that and more scripture I wish Christians would really practice

-Matthew 6:6

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

geoff
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
not sure what your point is

Starrfire
02-01-2010, 07:18 PM
He's saying you don't need to prove yourself to us. We don't give 2 shits about Christianity. The true/false belief of your god is in your heart, and you should not have to worship in front of other people. You can follow the goals of your religion as well or as poorly as you see fit, and then if you actually think the deed you did is in fact a "sin, then it is within you to either feel guilt or lack thereof. To be a real Christian is not to flaunt, argue,put on a front, to actually feel guilty of sin, and not to just mull it over, do it any way and then just pray about it because some god will forgive you.

In short I think he meant shut up.

StreetHazard
02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
not sure what your point is

actually it is god telling his followers to worship in secret, pray in secret and god will reward his followers openly.

keep your religion to yourself

RL...
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I just want to know this, did the human beings who lived and roamed the planet before Christianity was popularized(cough made up) go to heaven or hell? How were they judged since they had no bible nor churches? Were they given a hall pass for being in the wrong time period and sent to heaven, or did they all go to hell for not believing in god.

Honestly I think if god wanted us to know his word wouldn't he magically infuse us with this knowledge at birth since we as a race appeared on this planet? No? I guess it does make more sense that he would just tell a certain human to write down his "word" and spread it indirectly which would prove to cause millenia of bloodshed and slaughter. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not saying I believe in the big bang but god damn...

roxie911
02-01-2010, 09:41 PM
sorry i had to highlight this, you don't have to be religious to have morals and values,

no one is saying society will fall or you're an automatic bad person if you give up religion. Hope and faith in god is just questioned, honestly i just overlook it. God may be real but I don't see him take part in any human business, provide any sort of help, or even care really. I'm going to refer to him as he/him. He is probably just watching us and that is it. Like i said in earlier threads in this section, praying and hoping god will do something is pointless to me. I don't expect him to do anything, the only real thing you can do is believe in yourself.

Correct, sir!! People who sit around and pray to God hoping for a miracle will not change whatever situation they're in. I think the idea of a prayer is more of a confidence booster than anything. Everyone feels more comfortable with the thought of extra "help". The fact of the matter is, you are the only one who can change the outcome of your life. Not some "higher spirit".

idriveasloweclipse
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Why do Christians always use the bible and "faith" as a defense ? Not a very credible source unless you convince yourself these things are actually real, sort of like a little kid and the tooth fairy?

geoff
02-02-2010, 08:23 AM
you guys really amaze me, have any of you actually taken the time to study what your talking about?

streethazard- that scripture means to not pray and worship to gain mens approval because your " holy ". Jesus actually said this, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." mark 16:15.

trini_gsr
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM

i haven't read all the replies yet but i like the way the OP framed his question. i pretty much agree with him, except that (if you believe in the bible) it's said that God made us "in his image". that's where your analogy with the ant falls down.

personally i believe that we can do pretty much everything that God can do, just in a limited fashion...

geoff
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
trini gsr you hit it on the head. we experience everything God does and feel what He feels. we are made as undivine versions of Him

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 12:04 PM
you guys really amaze me, have any of you actually taken the time to study what your talking about?

streethazard- that scripture means to not pray and worship to gain mens approval because your " holy ". Jesus actually said this, "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." mark 16:15.

god, Jesus...whoever. You have apparently "interpreted" that verse differently than I, and it remains just another glaring contradiction.

I will interpret Mark 16:15 meaning "creatures" and not anything specifically human. So Jesus is saying preach the gospel to cats, dogs, rabbits, koalas, fur bats and spider monkeys and all sorts of earths creatures but just leave humans alone.

Or if you want to pick and choose, just practice -Matthew 6:6

geoff
02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
thats the problem, too many people treating the bible like a buffet and picking and choosing what sounds good. and there is only one way to take mark 16:15

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
thats the problem, too many people treating the bible like a buffet and picking and choosing what sounds good. and there is only one way to take mark 16:15

and there is only one way to interpet Matthew 6:6

practice your religion in secret and in private, like a closeted homosexual

geoff
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
i already explained to you what matthew 6:6 says. you like to twist words to your own perspective. i wonder if you did the same when you used to preach?

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 05:53 PM
i already explained to you what matthew 6:6 says. you like to twist words to your own perspective. i wonder if you did the same when you used to preach?

You explained jack and shit, your interpretation means about as much. There is no "interpretation" for that verse Geoff, and there are no twisting of words except your own. It is what it is right there in the kings english. But if you do want try a neat little experiment you can see how that verse has changed throughout all of the NIV bibles over the years since the King James version to suit Christians own ends and to not contradict their beliefs, and in an attempt to keep people like me from giving it to them with both barrels. Talk about twisting words (http://bible.cc/matthew/6-6.htm)....and it still does not resemble your own "interpretation".

it went from

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (King James Bible) to...

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. (New Living Translation ©2007)

The meaning of the verse has completely changed from ANY semblance of worshiping secretly and not openly.

And questioning my ability to teach gospel at this point is outright laughable, that was about 11 years ago and quite literally another life, 11 years ago you were 8. I have probably forgotten more things than you even claim to "know".

You are not an authority in these matters Geoff, please stop pretending you are. I KNOW I am not and I surely refuse to act like I do. And even if I was, it really wouldn't be anything to brag about, like bragging about how well you can masturbate is not something to take alot of pride in.

Starrfire
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
^^^WOW. Real life LOL moment

geoff
02-02-2010, 06:50 PM
see what makes me laugh is you seem to act like you know me or something. FIRST of all, NONE of those versions of the scripture says ANYTHING about keeping your faith to yourself. it means dont do like the pharases did and pray aloud in public so men can see you and think your holy. this is what it says,

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. matthew 6:5-6

you streethazard are guilty of doing what everyone else does. you take one scripture and not the entire passage or the meaning of it. this is not my interpretation, Jesus just explained it in verse 5.

this is you...faith⋅less  [feyth-lis] Show IPA
–adjective
1. not adhering to allegiance, promises, vows, or duty: the faithless behavior of Benedict Arnold.
2. not trustworthy; UNRELIABLE.
3. without trust or belief.
4. being without religious faith.
5. (among Christians) bereft of Christian faith.

the shame of it all is that you used to have faith. Your not an atheist because of lack of evidence or anything like that. you got your feelings hurt by someone or something happened that made you distrust men. God is not your problem, the men that caused you to waver are. your not even a real atheist, your just pissed off at someone and are taking it out on Jesus like your actually gonna have some effect on someone else. how bout instead of throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old that didnt get their way how bout you do what you used to know was right and fall on your knees and pray to God to forgive you and forgive what ever happened to you and just move on

Starrfire
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
^^^I believe he is option 4 lol. And I also believe he is a Modern Satanist.

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: keep going Geoff, don't stop now! All I see is just another butthurt Christian. I lost my faith over a bottle of Greygoose Vodka, a carton of Marlboros and some of the the finest pieces of ass that ever graced the face of this earth.

The devil wanted my soul as payment. :devil: And I'm just trying to get to where the good music is! :taun:

SUBY_RUE
02-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Matthew 11:6 And blessed is he who is not offended because of me.

geoff
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
streethazard i hate to see someone that had faith once and was drawn away. you almost seem like if you had the chance you woulda crucified Christ yourself

SUBY_RUE
02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
streethazard i hate to see someone that had faith once and was drawn away. you almost seem like if you had the chance you woulda crucified Christ yourself

Everyone will face god one day, Just let it be....

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Hate is a strong word, and even if Jesus was real I would never do such a thing to a human being. If I could go back in time, I would just beg and plead for him to not commit his sadomasochistic suicide, in an attempt to explain what a disaster his death will bring to this planet in the future. If I crucified him myself it would only be giving him what he wanted all along, to be made a martyr. I think you would do that to him well before I would Geoff.

SUBY_RUE
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
God says. He that seeks will find, he who asks will be answered. Its great your passionate about you beleif, im with you bro. Street hazard knows in his heart god is there, but its his choice if he wants to accept that or not. We are all sinners, and we all backslide and fall short in the eyes of the lord. The bible says it is harder to get back on the right path after falling away, but argueing with someone isnt the way to lead them back, but to just simply letting them know god loves them and is always there, in there heart and in there soul. Using that, is the best guide back to the straight line...

Just sayin.

geoff
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
you know whats funny streethazard? i have noticed that for someone who doesnt believe in God you are very adamant about disproving Him, a true atheist doesnt try and win others to " their side " but just doesnt care and moves on. Something is crying out inside you for God....maybe thats why you capitolize His name Jesus and show importance on His name?

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
you know whats funny streethazard? i have noticed that for someone who doesnt believe in God you are very adamant about disproving Him, a true atheist doesnt try and win others to " their side " but just doesnt care and moves on. Something is crying out inside you for God....maybe thats why you capitolize His name Jesus and show importance on His name?

your reaching too far, I was trying to use proper grammer

and "most" Atheists are pussies when it comes to what they think (in my humble opinion). Stephen Colbert said "aren't agnostics just Atheists without balls?"

I feel that way about Atheists.

geoff
02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
well your passion for disproving something you dont even believe in kinda makes people think you have some sort of belief, otherwise why are you working so hard?

StreetHazard
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
well your passion for disproving something you dont even believe in kinda makes people think you have some sort of belief, otherwise why are you working so hard?

I think it's funny how you completely ignored my previous post #57, like you didn't even think about what that means, every Christian should think long and hard about that. And i'm not working at all, this is effortless for me except for the typing. but I am getting bored here

Your God, is NOT mine. I find his ideals appalling and quite inhuman, I get my morality from what I perceive as "reality", but if there is religion involved with those ideals, I know that evil is not too far away. We can talk about Abrahamic religion's supposed morality and values after you or any Christian addresses my previous post. It is a topic I enjoy, or I could just answer for you but I think it would be a little heavy-handed.

geoff
02-03-2010, 11:38 AM
no please do answer. im started to get interested now on where you are trying to take this.and choose to accept it or not He is your God and you didnt create yourself

StreetHazard
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Without Jesus' death by crucifixion, and his achieved martyrdom there would never be a "holy spirit" to save humans from sin, a Christian would have to go along with this undescribable atrocity and heinous deed at the request of Jesus himself and to fulfill "gods will".

The amount of insanity in that one sentence I just typed is beyond all comprehension and reason. I will draw a parallel here with Islam as well.

Christians might as well have just nailed him up themselves....

Damn I'm really fucking drunk....it's way to early to be this fucked up :gulp:

Yup! :goodjob:

geoff
02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
your are absolutely right. Jesus provided Himself as a spotless, sin free, and perfect sacrifice. and your also right that without it we would never be able to receive the Holy Spirit. i see you still remember something from your preaching days. this statement is the truest and only honest one you have made.

but where your wrong is that we would never have to have done this deed. our own blood could never save us because of all of our sins. we would have had to kept giving animal sacrifices and burnt offererings and would have been still under the law of Moses.

StreetHazard
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
your are absolutely right. Jesus provided Himself as a spotless, sin free, and perfect sacrifice. and your also right that without it we would never be able to receive the Holy Spirit. i see you still remember something from your preaching days. this statement is the truest and only honest one you have made.

but where your wrong is that we would never have to have done this deed. our own blood could never save us because of all of our sins. we would have had to kept giving animal sacrifices and burnt offererings and would have been still under the law of Moses.

You would allow a man (and yes, he was just a man) to be crucified and murdered and martyred for your sad and very pathetic belief, why would you sacrifice animals? why would you burn incense? why the fuck would you allow the death your teacher? For what? For this concept of being guilty just for acting upon our very nature? Fuck that, fuck that with a fork. If you were on the hills of Calvary you might as well just hammer in the nails yourself.

Your morality is skewed Geoff not mine, you could never be trusted as far as any man could throw you. By the very nature of your belief you are a hypocrite and a liar along with everyone in your flock. Any opinion you have of "right and wrong" is like a log of shit in my glass that you are waiting expectantly for me to drink. You are no less guilty in your false justifications in giving to the "glory of god" then the men that flew airplanes into those towers.

your mind is being twisted by your faith, the sooner you let it go the sooner you will find your freedom from it's shackles.

geoff
02-03-2010, 06:39 PM
your funny bro. strong words from your mouth to God's ears. i pray He has mercy on you

bookthief
02-03-2010, 08:57 PM
One thing that pisses me off, is when OP doesn't know when to shut up.

StreetHazard
02-04-2010, 02:31 PM
:no:

JDMEK18
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Okay, you have issues.
Its one thing to have your belief or even an opinion but this is on another level!

StreetHazard
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Okay, you have issues.
Its one thing to have your belief or even an opinion but this is on another level!

Why do you say that? It directly pertains to the conversation me and Geoff were having, when he claimed I would crucify Jesus myself if I could, I believe christians would do it themselves way before me and obviously I am not alone in that opinion, since someone printed friggin t-shirts LOL!

But say want you want, because it is a silly theoretical conversation anyway and I was severely intoxicated while having it, so now it remains in posterity. And anyone that believes in fairy tales does not fit my idea of someone that is well-adjusted.

geoff
02-16-2010, 06:04 PM
your idea of well-adjusted is kinda skewed streethazard, even amongst those who dont believe. what i have come to understand about you is that its not your unbelief that is the problem, its your rebellious spirit against what you know is truth. you just simply dont want to obey or listen to the Lord. are you trying to get His attention for something? is this your cry out to Jesus to get Him to notice you? it almost seems like your a 2 year old acting up so daddy gives you some attention, even if its a good ole' fashioned whoopin

StreetHazard
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
your idea of well-adjusted is kinda skewed streethazard, even amongst those who dont believe. what i have come to understand about you is that its not your unbelief that is the problem, its your rebellious spirit against what you know is truth. you just simply dont want to obey or listen to the Lord. are you trying to get His attention for something? is this your cry out to Jesus to get Him to notice you? it almost seems like your a 2 year old acting up so daddy gives you some attention, even if its a good ole' fashioned whoopin

I am glad you continue to share your insight, but yes I agree. I am heavy handed and probably frame conversations immaturily. I just don't give a shit

geoff
02-16-2010, 06:12 PM
keep asking brother cuz Jesus will answer you...just may not be what you want

Starrfire
02-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Still waiting on an answer that will never come, just like Christ coming back. People have been waiting a couple of thousand years for that. Still a No show.
I like Streethazard's logic, but I can't say I like yours Geoff. You would have made a great extremist Muslim though; Easy to motivate to do or say anything for your beliefs.

geoff
02-16-2010, 08:58 PM
just cuz Jesus hasnt come back yet doesnt mean its farther away, it means its closer. im not very easily motivated but i would do almost anything for my beliefs, atleast biblicaly.

Starrfire
02-16-2010, 09:07 PM
It means if you don't believe, that it will NEVER happen. And by me I don't care either way.

geoff
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
i disagree with you. when you see the Lord coming in the sky your going to kick yourself for not heeding these words.

bodhi
02-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Do you dorks even read this stuff before you post it??

here... this is me impersonating you guys:

"genocide is perfectly normal behavior and it is our genetic disposition to kill millions of people because that makes perfect sense for our survival and religion may be responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocent souls, but it also makes some people be nice, so there is nothing wrong with that, and I like ice cream, and my cat's breath smells like cat food and I'm posting! On the Intrawebz!"

it's like you're all just smart enough to type words, but that's as far as it goes... seriously, people! focus!

StreetHazard
02-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Do you dorks even read this stuff before you post it??

here... this is me impersonating you guys:

"genocide is perfectly normal behavior and it is our genetic disposition to kill millions of people because that makes perfect sense for our survival and religion may be responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocent souls, but it also makes some people be nice, so there is nothing wrong with that, and I like ice cream, and my cat's breath smells like cat food and I'm posting! On the Intrawebz!"

it's like you're all just smart enough to type words, but that's as far as it goes... seriously, people! focus!

I suppose it all depends on how seriously you want to take "the Intrawebz", and I don't take this very seriously at all. I am very comfy nestled inside my warm bath of apathy. I only really get riled up when I see religion influencing government policy that directly affects my real life.

like the 'Right of Conscience Rule'
(http://www.webmd.com/news/20081219/new-conscience-rule-controversy)
Say...my girlfriend needs birth control pills and goes to the pharmacy to pick them up...the pharmacist can actually deny providing them to her if the pharmacist feels it violates his/or her morality regarding birth control. Same goes for abortion.

geoff
02-18-2010, 05:27 PM
i have to say on the abortion side, dont matter how you look at it its wrong.

StreetHazard
02-18-2010, 05:51 PM

of course you think that, but I tend to disagree...woman's choice plain and simple. I just don't agree with late term abortions except in extreme situations or emergencies, but a 3 week old snot ball of congregated cells is not a human.

your not a human until you have a social security number or your in my phone list. :D

Starrfire
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
of course you think that, but I tend to disagree...woman's choice plain and simple. I just don't agree with late term abortions except in extreme situations or emergencies, but a 3 week old snot ball of congregated cells is not a human.

your not a human until you have a social security number or your in my phone list. :D

x Infinity.

To impose ones beliefs on someones else's due to someones elses moral convictions is more wrong than the act itself and is the problem with the country today. More people need to worry about THEIR problems, because nothing that these people getting abortions will ever effect the people trying to get abortion made illegal. Morality and Legality need to be separated more than they are now.

geoff
02-18-2010, 08:03 PM
so who is anyone to term what actual life is? that an embryo is not alive? its murder plain and simple

EJ25RUN
02-18-2010, 08:10 PM

Christianity is the largest.

Abrahamic religions 3.6 billion
Christianity 1.9-2.1 billion
Islam 1-1.3 billion
Judaism 14.5 million (Lol at hating Jews when it is a such a small Religion.)
Bahá'í Faith 7.4 million
Rastafari movement 700,000

Indian religions 1.4 billion
Hinduism 828 million
Buddhism 364 million
Sikhism 23.8 million
Jainism 6-12 million

Far Eastern religions unknown
Taoism
Confucianism
Ethnic/tribal
Chinese folk religions
Shinto traditions
African traditional
Diasporic religion

Other Juche 23 million
Chondogyo 3 million
Tenrikyo 2 million
Cao Ðài 2 million
Ahl-e Haqq 1 million
Seicho-No-Ie 800,000
Yazidism 700,000
Unitarian-Universalism 630,000

EJ25RUN
02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
so who is anyone to term what actual life is? that an embryo is not alive? its murder plain and simple

Woman' decision.

Not yours.

WickedIXMR
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
GOD DAMN YOU ARE SUCH A FAGGOT.

Starrfire
02-19-2010, 12:29 AM

I kill many things much more significant than a group of cells; like insects.
Who are you to judge???? Remember it is your god that is supposed to judge people for their actions, right? You can think it's wrong, but that is all you can do. I'll be the first to say I'd murder a human embryo.

TIGERJC
02-19-2010, 02:23 AM
I believe it is the woman's choice and as long as the baby is inside her it is still her decision. That baby doesnt have rights until its breathing its own air

quickdodge®
02-19-2010, 08:07 AM
how can you fight for a belief in nothing? how can you persuade people to give up hope, faith, morals, and values?

Aren't you fighting the same fight? Don't you have a belief in nothing? Without proof of God's existence, you believe in a nothing yourself. And you have a distorted view of words and their definitions. So you think without God, you can't have hope? Faith? Morals? Values?

Every day I hope I wake up and have a great day. I hope to that my children have a great life ahead of them.
I have faith in myself that I can go to work, do my job satisfactory and get home to see my family.
Morals and values? I was taught, by my grandparents and Mom, never to hit a woman. To say yes ma'am and no sir. Taught never to steal. Taught to treat people right. I don't make fun of the handicapped. I don't make fun of people in dire situations.

I bring these attributes upon myself without the aid of God. Contrary to your beliefs, you don't need God to have hope, faith, morals and values. You only need a mind.

but a 3 week old snot ball of congregated cells is not a human.

I completely disagree. You're a human as soon as you develop human-like qualities.

I believe it is the woman's choice and as long as the baby is inside her it is still her decision.

I agree and disagree. I think it should be the woman's choice. I think it should be ok in extreme situations. If a woman is raped and gets pregnant. And I mean raped. Not like going home drunk with someone and getting laid or whatever. I mean walking in your home and someone attacks you and does the evil deed. If the woman is in a life-threatening position because of the baby. Incest. Those are the only legit (to me) reasons to opt for abortion. Later, QD.

StreetHazard
02-19-2010, 08:59 AM

I completely disagree. You're a human as soon as you develop human-like qualities.

This was a joke...

Like saying "your not a human child until you start making my life miserable"

I don't want children, I never have...I admit I am far too selfish to want to give up my own goals and desires for children, and I find most of them repulsive and annoying. And most every woman I have ever been with long-term has felt the same way, and if she didn't, then she got a stern talking-too from me and was strongly encouraged to go bark up another tree.

Some of the women I have been with did not even view their bodies as something that could produce another human life, they would have felt something "alien" would be growing inside them and were disgusted by that. But as a responsible adult I want the option there just in case. If a condom breaks, if my partner forgets to take her pills....

I would hate to have to kick a bitch down a flight of stairs to keep her from bringing another mewling child onto this planet :D .

but this is just my personal opinion and not to be taken as any valid point.

99hatch
02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
This was a joke...

I don't want children, I never have...I admit I am far too selfish to want to give up my own goals and desires for children, and I find most of them repulsive and annoying. And most every woman I have ever been with long-term has felt the same way, and if she didn't, then she got a stern talking-too from me and was strongly encouraged to go bark up another tree.

Some of the women I have been with did not even view their bodies as something that could produce another human life, they would have felt something "alien" would be growing inside them and were disgusted by that. But as a responsible adult I want the option there just in case. If a condom breaks, if my partner forgets to take her pills....

I would hate to have to kick a bitch down a flight of stairs to keep her from bringing another mewling child onto this planet :D .

Wow.

quickdodge®
02-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Wow.

+99. Later, QD.

StreetHazard
02-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow.

+99. Later, QD.

what, was it something I said? :welcome:

bodhi
02-19-2010, 01:10 PM

yeah, it's wrong in a way, but like everyone has said it's usually up to the chick... not always though, like in my case. many years back I had this one chick have an abortion - not because i didn't want a kid, but because i knew that we weren't ready.

I was young and so was she
of course she felt like crap, but watta are you gonna do? it had to be done.

men will never understand what it feels like to have an abortion, so we'll always say that its okay and whatnot, and that its the best thing to do in a situation where you cannot support the child, BUT the females will be the ones to do it - we're just "supporting" them till they recover and then we say "see ya." how is one to say that an abortion is wrong though? would you give birth to a kid knowning that it was going to come out a retard? would you give birth to a kid if you knew that it would be born with three legs? why bring something out to this harsh world a loser with no chance at ever finding happiness?

http://i48.tinypic.com/a2prac.jpg

LOOK AT THE STAGES AFTER THE WHOLE EMBRYO STAGE
CUTE HUH??? GUESS WHA! IT'S STILL AN IRRELEVANT LIL CREATURE THAT SERVES NO PURPOSE TO THE SURVIVAL OF THE HUMAN RACE!!

be realistic geoff - FOR ONCE!!! open your lil mind and try to view the world in a different prespective. an embryo is technically "living" (though so are the maggots that live ontop of garbage bags) but does not have a conscious. a prostitute giving birth to a HUGE MISTAKE is fucking stupid and should definitely get an abortion.
if you think something as small and helpless as an embryo is alive and kicking and feel horrible about abortions then try only eating fruits and vegetables from now on, because all the meat you eat is alive and kicking too (or at least was once).

bodhi
02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
This was a joke...

you're just as big of an idiot as geoff is, minus the belief in a white bearded cracka whos watching me type this post down...
eventually you'll come to want a child of your own, this unfortunately happens to everyone.

when you're 60 years old and see that you're alone, you'd wish you had someone to feel miserable about the fact that you will one day be dead - to not be here to watch a movie with or walk at the park, laugh, ect. being selfish doesn't mean anything. EVERYONE is selfish, some just are plain greedy

I too hate fucking kids and are annoyed by them
but they do change your life

oh and the cunts that are too afraid to feel something "alienish" in their belly are fucking morons... go out and find yourself some more intelligent bitches cause the ones you are describing sound like a couple of blockheads

99hatch
02-19-2010, 01:32 PM
+99. Later, QD.

yeah the bad thing about the world, is they keep making better idiots.

StreetHazard
02-19-2010, 01:33 PM
you're just as big of an idiot as geoff is, minus the belief in a white bearded cracka whos watching me type this post down...
eventually you'll come to want a child of your own, this unfortunately happens to everyone.

when you're 60 years old and see that you're alone, you'd wish you had someone to feel miserable about the fact that you will one day be dead - to not be here to watch a movie with or walk at the park, laugh, ect. being selfish doesn't mean anything. EVERYONE is selfish, some just are plain greedy

I too hate fucking kids and are annoyed by them
but they do change your life

oh and the cunts that are too afraid to feel something "alienish" in their belly are fucking morons... go out and find yourself some more intelligent bitches cause the ones you are describing sound like a couple of blockheads

I am glad you are able to pass your judgement onto others so freely, your bitterness and hate does fill me with glee and joy and I look forward to more of it. Yet you still fall short because it would require for me to actually give a flying fuck about your opinions, or what you think, or what you believe to actually care. Which I don't...

I can actually argue the pros and cons of "breeding" if you care to indulge, but your "opinions" are equally worthless

bodhi
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
why did you delete your post skreethaztard?

bodhi
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
I am glad you are able to pass your judgement onto others so freely, yet you still fall short because it would require for me to actually give a flying fuck about what you think, or what you believe. which I don't...

your "opinions" are equally worthless

im downloading some porn right now
so yeah, shows how much i give a shit about your pathetic banter

ps; tori black is a bad-bad bitch

bodhi
02-19-2010, 01:48 PM
you sure like to edit your posts a lot

haha, dummy

your wasted effort with that post was as effective as minnie's wet farts, except they're 10x more masculine and virile.

StreetHazard
02-19-2010, 01:48 PM
im downloading some porn right now
so yeah, shows how much i give a shit about your pathetic banter

ps; tori black is a bad-bad bitch

I would be too but im at work

bu villain
02-19-2010, 03:45 PM

Unfortunately it's not that simple. People don't agree at what point human "life" begins and they don't all put the same value on life. Some people say life begins with a heartbeat, others with brain function. Ethical standards vary greatly between societies and individuals. Why do you expect everyone to have the same values and morals that you do?

It's fine to state your opinion but you have to give logical reasons if you want to change anyone's mind.

bodhi
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
there is no reasoning with geoff... he's too far deep in jesus' rectum to be pulled back to reality

StreetHazard
02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
there is no reasoning with geoff... he's too far deep in jesus' rectum to be pulled back to reality

your gunna scare away all the christians! almost the only one that still posts is Geoff.

I m well on my to all fucked up, I just wanted to share.

I found this vodka that comes in a glass skull...it's called "crystal skull vodka" I had to special order...the vodka is pretty good, but the bottle sold me on it

geoff
02-19-2010, 07:04 PM
im still here and wont go away. someone has to keep up the other side right? and as far as the abortion goes, no one is to say when an embryo is considered life. life itself forming is something of a miracle. the way it happens the sensitivity and frailty of it. life begins when the cells start to split, thats the first step. when you plant a seed in the ground and it buds, do you not call that life even though it hasnt become a plant yet? i understand rape, ect cases. that still doesnt make it right. the act is disgusting but that cell will eventually mature into a living breathing child that is helpless. the baby itself is the innocent one. they have no say in the matter. abortion is an excuse for those " slip ups " that occur. the act of rape itself doesnt always lead to a pregnancy. and for those that say im not ready or cant provide for a child then keep your mini me in your pants. each time you unload you realize there is a chance of a baby coming later. for those who worry about deformities or retardation, the child itself does not realize they are disabled. i worked with special needs kids for about a year and not one of them asked me why am i retarded or why am i different. they are actually the happiest and carefree people in the world. so to me abortion is an excuse. give life a chance. how can we be a nation that says save the ozone, trees, animals, but says kill the children? how can there be organizations where the government will prosecute you if you abuse animals but nothing happens when you kill a baby? this world is messed up

StreetHazard
02-19-2010, 07:32 PM
im still here and wont go away. someone has to keep up the other side right? and as far as the abortion goes, no one is to say when an embryo is considered life. life itself forming is something of a miracle. the way it happens the sensitivity and frailty of it. life begins when the cells start to split, thats the first step. when you plant a seed in the ground and it buds, do you not call that life even though it hasnt become a plant yet? i understand rape, ect cases. that still doesnt make it right. the act is disgusting but that cell will eventually mature into a living breathing child that is helpless. the baby itself is the innocent one. they have no say in the matter. abortion is an excuse for those " slip ups " that occur. the act of rape itself doesnt always lead to a pregnancy. and for those that say im not ready or cant provide for a child then keep your mini me in your pants. each time you unload you realize there is a chance of a baby coming later. for those who worry about deformities or retardation, the child itself does not realize they are disabled. i worked with special needs kids for about a year and not one of them asked me why am i retarded or why am i different. they are actually the happiest and carefree people in the world. so to me abortion is an excuse. give life a chance. how can we be a nation that says save the ozone, trees, animals, but says kill the children? how can there be organizations where the government will prosecute you if you abuse animals but nothing happens when you kill a baby? this world is messed up

animals behave better than children do, I got this friend that has like 4 kids. his youngest son is like 3 and still shits all over the place, I went over there to hang out and he was chiseling dried shit off of his door handle that his kid smeared everywhere.

But me and my girlfriend have a big ass cat...his name is "bull" and we trained him to shit in the toilet, no joke! now he doesnt flush it but he shits and pee's in the toilet! which is a little disconcerting when I gotta piss at 3am in the morning and there is a big ass black cat in the way.

my buddy wants me to come over and train his son to shit (atleast) in a litter box.

BTW im fucked up dont pay attention to me

Starrfire
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM

I'll give you a scenario. Your wife goes to the mall and goes shopping. She comes back out and 2 guys beats her ass, kidnap her ass and they all take turns raping her and blow all their baby gravy in there. She gets dumped out and left for dead but the police find her and nurse her back to health. After a few tests they also find she is pregnant. Would you seriously raise a kid that is not yours that was due to rape.

The results of a this conversation went 2 different routes with 2 christian men. It was presented the same way.
Man #1 said yeah he would keep it, unconditionally, no matter what color it was
Man #2 which was a deacon said he would do 2 things, get her to get an abortion and kill the assholes that did it.

quickdodge®
02-19-2010, 08:43 PM
abortion is an excuse for those " slip ups " that occur.

Why don't you go ahead and say that the woman should have never left the kitchen? A fucking "slip up?" So a woman that goes to work to support herself or her family comes home to an attacker that beats and rapes her and just "slips up?" Are you really that delusional? The ONLY thing you've said about this subject that makes complete sense is the "I can't take care of him/her" or the "not ready" excuses. Later, QD.

RL...
02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I do not know how this got on the topic of abortion, but my view about it is this:

1) It is the womans choice

2) I think it is acceptable, ESPECIALLY in extreme situations such as rape/incest

3) Even if a girl gets pregnant because of not taking the right precautions(or perhaps even while taking the right precautions, my best friends wife got pregnant while taking birth control) I believe she should be allowed to make the choice to abort or to keep it.

4) I do not believe a child should be brought into this world by ppl who are unfit emotionally/spiritually/financially to properly care for it. Honestly it is unfair to the child to be raised by ppl who are broke and have no idea what the hell they're doing.

5) I believe everyone deserves second chances, one person should not have to let their whole life be defined by one mistake if you could have had a choice about it.

geoff
02-20-2010, 06:08 PM
starfire- in that case i would keep the child as i know my girlfriend would want to also, if the pain of the act was too much we would give it up for adoption. all life is precious. i would never take a life.

qd- say what you want. i gave my personal oppinion. its a sad day that we life in a world where some sicko would do something like this. but, that doesnt change the fact that there is a completely innocent life growing and is in the hands of others.

Starrfire
02-20-2010, 06:30 PM
^^^I'd take a life under the right circumstances, and abortion is one of them. Next is someone that wouldn't back down from robbing me. What a waste of time to have a kid and spend all that time, effort, self to let the kid go up for adoption. Just get it aborted and save everyone a lot of pain. Just wonder what if for the rest of your life. It would be way easier on the kid too. Then have one when you are ready. The world is full of second chances.

And also, Life is not a miracle, it happens every day and pretty much anyone can do it making it very common. Something more miraculous would be when a kid is born and all the learning and adapting begins, not simply creating life. Fucking flies give life to maggots=Miracle:rolleyes:

StreetHazard
02-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Child birth is no more of a miracle than eating food and having a turd slide out of your ass. My elequence sometimes astounds me.

Starrfire
02-20-2010, 09:23 PM
^^^See, miracles happening every day. lol