PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated.

ATLTSX
01-26-2010, 04:09 PM
So i'm in the construction industry and as anyone can see there isn't much going on. I work in a family business and talking with some of the other family members they said keep your eyes out and if something comes up check it out(meaning a job).

So yesterday I get a call from a Marketing company and they were looking for a team of 7. They had teamed up with AT&T. I talked to the lady on the phone making sure I wasn't going to be doing sale. She was like no this is a marketing firm. So I was like ok i'll try this out.

I walk into the interview and the guy asked me all these questions :blah: . At this point I see a AT&T U-Verse badge on. He starts telling me that they are wanting to hire for door to door sales with the new U-verse. He was like what do you think? Is this what you're looking for? I said you want me to be honest? He said yes. I said absolutely not. He was like what do you want to do. I said work for a Marketing Firm. He was like I understand. I have 3 kids two that are in college and a 4100 sqft house.

What a douche.

Needless to say today we landed two big contracts at the office so my job hunt is over for now.

I know everyone wanted to know this...:goodjob:

tdurr
01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
sweet. hope everything works out for u man!

Echonova
01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm convinced some people are born without a soul.

But at least you have work ahead of you.:goodjob:

ATLTSX
01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm convinced some people are born without a soul.

But at least you have work ahead of you.:goodjob:

Agree. Hopefully everything will turn around by the end of this year and some people are forecasting.

Miss.Kayla
01-26-2010, 06:38 PM
thats great :)

DVSRX-7
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Good :D

csmiths
01-27-2010, 06:10 AM
word big ben

PURP
01-27-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm throwing my panties at you, Ben. woo

98blackcivic
01-27-2010, 07:09 AM
im glad for you bro

Kevykev
01-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Just keep it moving.

I'm a damn good with sales but I can NEVER misleading a prospect.

ATLTSX
01-27-2010, 07:19 AM
lol the best part was when I told him i wasn't interested and he went on to tell me about his family and how big is house was. haha what a douche.

But thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Vteckidd
01-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Typical he prob makes $30000 a year lol

I had a friend that applied for a sales job with a Toyota dealership , the interview was offsite and when he showedup it was a pyramid scheme by a company that could possibly put you in touch with someone that might work at Toyota lol. It was ggpis3 on here he can tell the story.

Sucks but that's how everyone is right now up and down up and down. You'll get slammed one month amd slow the next.

Hang I'm there

Kevykev
01-27-2010, 07:32 AM
lol the best part was when I told him i wasn't interested and he went on to tell me about his family and how big is house was. haha what a douche.

But thanks everyone for the positive comments.

My house is bigger than his. :lmfao:

I'm certainly NOT rich, just make good financial moves!

Big house means Big House NOTHING ELSE! :cheers:

S2KJD
01-27-2010, 07:35 AM
good for you man :goodjob: just hang in there and keep working hard and honest and good things will happen :)

and as far as the house comment...what a lame-o

ATLTSX
01-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Typical he prob makes $30000 a year lol

He also was like we will give you a list of old at&t customers and if you switch 2 people over a day then you will make 47k. haha. he wouldn't let it go. :no:

G.C
01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
hang in there. My family is also in Construction business. But it's somehow busier than ever for us. I rarely work for them now since i have school on weekdays and job as a waiter on weekends.

Maybe in summer time i'll start again.

DB4LYFE ™
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Congrats! we gotta keep tht east coast TSX livin big!

~DB4LYFE

ATLTSX
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Congrats! we gotta keep tht east coast TSX livin big!

~DB4LYFE

haha. to bad the guy that owes me money for my turbo won't hurry the fuck up so I can get a full tune.