PDA

View Full Version : Religion My Story

StreetHazard
01-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I used to consider myself a christian for several years in my youth as many have growing up in western society, and for a couple of years into my adult-hood, so far as to actually teaching Bible Study for the youth ministry at my local church, the 1st Baptist Church of Decatur. My time in the church is actually probably one of the main reasons that pushed me into my non-belief. Seeing first hand the sheer amount of nonsense I was expected to "teach" those children and the harm I felt those teachings were doing to their thought processes and to their rational minds. I began to feel it was literally impeding their ability to "learn" critically and objectively. And as a young man I began to ponder the repercussions of this and started to pay attention to the "bigger picture". This is a means of control, this is a means of indoctrination, this is stifling creativity and their individuality as much as any military boot camp. I thought it was just "my" church so I went to others, then I tried going to more....then I completely gave up and came to grips with what I deemed "reality".

I decided THAT was the reality of religion as much as any christian has decided they need to feel that presence of slavery to bring some kind of order and meaning into their lives.

I have read your sacred book, I have read your sacred book in old english as well as the NIV, I have read it with illustrations and I have read it with "lesson plans" and notations made from so called theologians with fucking degrees in this falsehood of christianity. I have read that book in everyway one can read it! And I decided there is not enough "knowledge" in it's sacred writing to warrant spending anymore time of my personal life to try to attain and I am ashamed of myself for spending as much time as have with those writings when I should have been spending my youth expanding my knowledge into real pursuits and real skills on how to survive in THIS world, not in the afterlife.

THAT! is my story....but you will never see it splashed up on the home page (http://www.fbcdecatur.com/) in the stories of the (new members) section of any religious institution on this planet. Your god made me an aggressive atheist, and as I have alluded to in previous posts, possibly a full blown satanist if there is any real definition of the term. Ohhhhh the irony....I now use my experience to attack the very foundation of abrahamic religion and everything it stands for. I use it to lead those away from it's clutches and from those that attempt to poison their lives on this planet and not enhance it, through it's ignorance, it's sophistry, it's suppression of real knowledge, stifling of free-thought and violence. We can see these "blessings" appearing in our current world in the form of the civil rights violations in our country, and in the holy gifts that keep on giving in the middle-east, we see them in new laws (http://wthrockmorton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/anti-homosexuality-bill-2009.pdf) passed in foreign countries like Uganda and in blasphemy laws (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_laws) passed in others. And this is nothing compared to it's history of these acts, and the evil that will continue to be spread in it's name. I am just at a loss for words on how it is still allowed to do so in the name of this phony virtue called "Faith".

What a horrible little word that is "Faith". Exuding, as it does, its fake aura of purity and virtue while fronting some of the ugliest ideas this planet has ever seen. Closing people’s hearts when it should be opening them, making them proud of things they should be ashamed of, and ashamed of things they should be proud of. When we look at the violent barbarism of the Islamic world, we can see that no righteous act is too depraved for a mind that claims the full license allowed by faith. And if you take this God completely at his word, you can be just like him, a vicious, heartless, ignorant monster....and feel good about it. Even in the civilized world, nothing is too dishonorable to be sanctified by faith. It was faith, remember, that deprived gay people in California of their basic civil rights on the same day that America elected a black president. It was faith and it's false notions of morality and in it's ignorance, persuaded Christian black people of this nation to send the homosexuals to the back of the bus. But with more and more stories like these (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22322990/detail.html), I am beginning to get the impression that church might be the safest place possible for indoctrinating young girls, as it ironically seems to have such an acquired taste for homosexual acts with young boys, and sometimes even offering money for the opportunity.

My hatred and disgust for religion is real, it's tangible...it's something I can see with my very eyes and actually reach out and touch. I see it damaging friends, family, my community, my nation and my world. And I don't give a fuck if your Christ or your god is real or not, I really could care less...Even if god himself stepped down from the heavens, dragging his torn and tattered son behind him to give me a stern talking too, the only thing I would ask for in all of his infinite power and all of that claimed omnipotent wisdom....

Is a third arm.

So I could give the finger to the father, the son AND the holy spirit.:2up: and if they still had any objections, I would explain to them exactly where they could put it.

I say "peace" and I wish you all well on your travels.

5speed
01-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I just read the Uganda laws on homosexuality. It's a rough one man. 7 years imprisonment, and liable to suffer death in some cases. I am glad you shared your story.

StreetHazard
01-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I just read the Uganda laws on homosexuality. It's a rough one man. 7 years imprisonment, and liable to suffer death in some cases. I am glad you shared your story.

thank you, but if that cannot possibly get any worse I can tell you it can by telling you how it even came to pass here (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html).

Three Americans who spoke at a conference Last March, three American evangelical Christians, whose teachings about “curing” homosexuals arrived in Uganda’s capital to give a series of talks on what was "the gay agenda — that whole hidden and dark agenda” — and the threat homosexuals posed to Bible-based values and the traditional African family. Scott Lively, a missionary who has written several books against homosexuality, including “7 Steps to Recruit-Proof Your Child”: Caleb Lee Brundidge, a self-described former gay man who leads “healing seminars”: and Don Schmierer, a board member of Exodus International (http://www.exodusinternational.org/), whose mission is “mobilizing the body of Christ to minister grace and truth to a world impacted by homosexuality”

For three days, according to participants and audio recordings, thousands of Ugandans, including police officers, teachers and national politicians, listened raptly to the Americans, who were presented as experts on homosexuality. The visitors discussed how to make gay people straight, how gay men often sodomized teenage boys and how “the gay movement is an evil institution” whose goal is “to defeat the marriage-based society and replace it with a culture of sexual promiscuity.” One month after the conference, a previously unknown Ugandan politician, who boasts of having evangelical friends in the American government, introduced the Anti-Homosexuality Bill of 2009. The Ugandan organizers of the conference admit helping draft the bill, and Mr. Lively has acknowledged meeting with Ugandan lawmakers to discuss it. Mr. Lively even wrote on his blog in March that someone had likened their campaign to “a nuclear bomb against the gay agenda in Uganda.”.

5speed
01-23-2010, 01:33 PM
hmmm... thats very interesting. I dont believe in the cure for homosexuality and all that bull shit. They arent doing any harm IMO. As for the marriage part, I dont believe in it. Its not a Christian thing bc I dont claim to be one. It is bc "marriage" is a religious institution ( which no major religion in the world says its ok), while on the other hand we have Civil Unions. I think its fucked up how someone can say they can cure homosexuality. If they are attracted to the same sex then let it be. As for gays being well known to rape and molest people, yeah they do it. So?! So do heterosexuals on even a larger scale.

98blackcivic
01-23-2010, 01:46 PM
wow streethazard...wen i met you i didnt know i was speaking to such a satanic type person
lulz

5speed
01-23-2010, 01:49 PM
He cant be something he doesnt believe in

StreetHazard
01-23-2010, 01:50 PM
hmmm... thats very interesting. I dont believe in the cure for homosexuality and all that bull shit. They arent doing any harm IMO.

Religion is doing enough harm as it is without convincing lawmakers in other countries to pass laws structuring their view of morality and KILLING or locking in a cage those that do not abide by them.

If I was not protected by our constitution and the First Amendment of freedom of speech in this country, I could be arrested for my words and the publication there of.

It is internationally recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). The ICCPR recognizes the right to freedom of speech as "the right to hold opinions without interference. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression"

But it's limitations lie in it's definitions of "hate speech". And THAT is just another example where religion has found it's way of neutering my freedom and rearing it's ugly head, and its consideration of "blasphemy" falling under it's terms. The fact their are even blasphemy laws to protect people from hearing words that might crowbar their minds out of the stone age is a perfect illustration of the cowardly immaturity of the religious mind and the emptiness of religion itself. So you see what I want here...freedom and LOTS of it, religion does everything it can to make you unable to attain it.

98blackcivic
01-23-2010, 01:52 PM
i dont really care about religion because mankind has really fucked things up
i have a VERY strong faith in God tho..

5speed
01-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah I get it. That kind of thinking will always be around sadly. The group who went to Uganda in order to "heal" and "teach" say they didnt intend for that to happen, but you still gotta step back and look at that country as a whole. They tend to take things to the extreme with any minuscule thing.

StreetHazard
01-23-2010, 02:19 PM
wow streethazard...wen i met you i didnt know i was speaking to such a satanic type person
lulz

heh! you never asked...

He cant be something he doesnt believe in

this guy is quick! :goodjob: but I will quote myself in regards to this subject.

If you are open to the possibility that it is not true, then you could no longer claim being a christian, you have crossed over to being agnostic. If you deny the existence of god completely then you are...that's right, an atheist. I "believe" there is also a point past this view in which you are so secure in your non-belief, and you grow tired of the intellectualism and political-correctness of Atheism you begin to project your non-belief onto others in the same way religious types do and actually lead them astray from their belief! I would say it's called Satanism, but only using the name to make a mockery of Abrahamic religion and to identify yourself as their enemy of "faith".

5speed
01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Bartledoo

Starrfire
01-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Well I like the way you think, but that doesn't change the world sadly. But I like the freedom of thought, the clarity of what is, and no fog of religion to impare my vision.

geoff
01-25-2010, 03:14 PM
you streethazard are the result of a man led church, a man tailored God, a false philosophy, an indoctrinating church, a "denomination", and the god of this world. you went into your study of the bible with anger and doubt already in your heart. you already had your mind made up when you "read" the sacred book. believe me my friend im truly sorry you lost your faith, but it sounds to me that what " faith " you did have was skewed and based on false teachings and ideals. the ONLY way to have true faith and know Jesus is to enter into the relationship with a biased opinion. the way you did it was as if you were to marry a woman suspicious that she was unfaithful to you and always doubted her and never trusted her and never took the time to find out what was going on. instead you enter into the marriage with all these thoughts, will it work out in the end? no it wont.

you say that your an enemy of my God, who are you to think you can stand in His way? you think by spiting out your words of hate that you will pull someone to your side? you think that your doing good by putting poison in your family, friends, community, nation, worlds ears? you hate my God but are thankful for your freedom. why do you think you live in a nation will all these freedoms? it was because of religious persecution from the false church. they wanted to worship and serve a real God. the first settlers were CHRISTIAN as were the founding fathers. they believed in morar and, values, and law. your ideals spread living selfishly to please yourself and your own desires. your freedom and life you enjoy now are completely against everything this nation was originally founded on. i will pray for you my friend that God would have mercy on you. the people and nations that persecute Gods' people have never stood long. im just so suprised you actually believe that your words based on your own ideas will actually persuade anyone will real faith, that they will have any kind of significant value. lol

StreetHazard
01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Save your prayers Geoff, I don't need your gods mercy. And I am not going to argue semantics or history with you, I have better things to do like "sinning". That is my opinion and is not a "belief" in any sense of the word. I wrote it just to clear up some things I have been asked by some people on this board.

I don't give a shit what you think Geoff, you are literally a child to me, how old are you like 19? Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, but that is all it is. I will never respect your "belief".

geoff
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
i honestly could care less if you respect my beliefs or anything. and i will pray for you

Starrfire
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
i honestly could care less if you respect my beliefs or anything. and i will pray for you

You see, that is where you are wrong. You don't even know the correct way to word it. Your qoute means that there is some small piece of caring in your little shallow mind.

Correct form-
"I couldn't care less."

No one that goes to church follows a god led church. Think of the service, everyone sitting around in silence, the just leaving at a set time, with nothing happening. This country was built on religious freedom.

Which means you are free to not have one at all.

StreetHazard
01-25-2010, 09:57 PM
What I have come to accept as the truth for the Church, is not knowing their own dogma, that upon study of the bible, one learns that nothing is more feared than knowledge, notably the direct prohibition of Adam eating from the tree of knowledge which is shown very clearly in Genesis, the reason (I believe) that so called Christians are unwise and so unfamiliar with their bible is actually because they believe in God, HE controls all and sees all so they do not have to, whereas we the inquisitive and unafraid are not only tempted by the apple and in agreement with the serpent of Eden, but are also unabashed by the feeble attempts of fear mongering and threats of hell-fire, we the thinkers are not swerved from our lust of learning by childish fables or floods, frost, fire and tom-foolery or shenanagans, nor do we cower in the presence of invisible Gods who try to trick us with talking snakes.

And if anyone prays for me, pray for something good. Like for my girlfriend to have a newfound interest in bi-sexuality, it would help out my relationship by allowing us to hit on women together, and further my aims of a 3-way.

geoff
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
starfire- i worded it wrong sorry. i dont care if he respects my beliefs. i only care about his personal relationship with God and if i have done or said anything to portray the gospel falsely.

streethazard- not sure what exactly your point is here. God doesnt want us to have blind faith nor does He want us to be ignorant in the world. knowledge is not wrong, its that we as people are ever questioning and with our knowledge that we gain we put it in place of God. think about it, your a bible knowing man. when the devil came at them and tempted adam and eve with knowledge he told them that with that knowledge they would become as God Himself. thats the problem right there, when we obtain knowledge we replace God with it instead of having a co-existing relationship of God and science. i firmly believe that science helps to explain how God does things and how everything we see came to be. and i will not pray that God will help you bring lust into your relationship. instead i will pray that God Himself will move on you and get a hold of you and do everything short of taking your life to open your eyes. i will pray that somewhere down the line, before you take your final breath, that the blood of Jesus and the sacrifice He made for YOU will have meaning in your life again. i will pray that instead of approaching God with anger that you will put your intellectual arguements aside and dig deeper than you ever had and instead search God with your very heart and soul. get ready my friend, God is getting ready to do a work in your life brother. He just may show up at your door step and call you out on some of the things you have been saying. i would love to see your face if Jesus Christ showed up on your door step and you tried to stand tall in front of the Lord of Glory and Almighty God Himself. i doubt you would say much. either way, im praying for you