http://geoffdennis.smugmug.com/Cars/Automotive/DSC01132-2/771041046_wfJ9g-L.jpg

If you think you bad, you can give me a good hard C&C. I can take it

scabtastic
01-22-2010, 10:11 PM
im gonna hurl

CHADbee
01-22-2010, 10:28 PM
If you think you bad, you can give me a good hard C&C. I can take it

the only thing i see wrong at all is the front and very rear of the car is a tad dark....but theres really nothing you could do about that shooting in a parking deck, the lighting in there is so uneven. i hate doing rig shots in parking decks for that exact reason.

really....great shot though dude.

lowazzcord
01-22-2010, 10:37 PM
great shot

csmiths
01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
well im bad and that looks like shit.

yea i said it.

bandydesign
01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
yeah the lighting kinda failed there. I wouldn't go as far to say scrap it, but you only see the center of the car at the proper exposure. What if you drove by some constants? Or maybe you took a brighter exposure. Perhaps you could have found a better lit area of the deck. At least it appears to be sharp. The thing that gets me tho, is why does everyone go straight to parking decks? Rig shots have the potential to be far more interesting!

That's my $0.02, I hope you like it rough (68.9% homo)

pr8yr
01-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I see nothing wrong bro. Great shot

EJ_Allmota
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
the only thing i see wrong at all is the front and very rear of the car is a tad dark....but theres really nothing you could do about that shooting in a parking deck, the lighting in there is so uneven. i hate doing rig shots in parking decks for that exact reason.

my thoughts exactly.. Excellent shot though..

Sol-Badguy
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
You'll be doing one for me here in the next couple of weeks. :ninja:

DB4LYFE ™
01-22-2010, 11:54 PM
vury nice indeed... no complaints.

~DB4LYFE

.93lude
01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
awesome shot, ive never attempted a rig shot so i dont have a lot of room to talk, but i think i still see some of the suction cup on the hood

Gabe
01-23-2010, 03:00 AM
no ccw's no care :)

.blank cd
01-23-2010, 04:01 AM

yeah the lighting kinda failed there. I wouldn't go as far to say scrap it, but you only see the center of the car at the proper exposure. What if you drove by some constants? Or maybe you took a brighter exposure. Perhaps you could have found a better lit area of the deck. At least it appears to be sharp. The thing that gets me tho, is why does everyone go straight to parking decks? Rig shots have the potential to be far more interesting!

That's my $0.02, I hope you like it rough (68.9% homo)Well before yall get on me about the lighting, the lighting came out fine. I was just playing around with some rendering on photoshop. The original is very well lit. I'll do a re-edit tomorrow (later today). As for the parking decks, they wanted to go to the parking deck, i didnt choose this location. Kinda last minute, and I would kinda prefer doing em during the day :D

.blank cd
01-23-2010, 04:02 AM
no ccw's no care :)
You need to get at me sir, ASAP. If you like money and all....

.blank cd
01-23-2010, 04:03 AM
awesome shot, ive never attempted a rig shot so i dont have a lot of room to talk, but i think i still see some of the suction cup on the hood
You do. I was in a hurry. LOL. I noticed that too right after I posted it up.

jdmdb8itr
01-23-2010, 04:52 AM
great shot bro

OaTmeaL
01-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Thanks

NAIZBST
01-23-2010, 06:44 AM
well im bad and that looks like shit.

yea i said it.

:boobies::boobies:

changaroo
01-23-2010, 07:49 AM

its called a vignette you vaginal fart.

not bad for your first rig shot, just dont whore it out like chad and kill the novelty of having them :)

i like the angle, however, the cloning could use a little help :P no biggie though, my first rig shot wasnt that much better lol.

Nerdsrock22
01-23-2010, 08:49 AM

I haven't shot with a rig before, but couldn't you just do all the car exposure shots static with strobes and what not, and then combine it with the motion shot post processing?

You_Wish
01-23-2010, 08:54 AM
geoff your doing one for me... :-)

EJ_Allmota
01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I haven't shot with a rig before, but couldn't you just do all the car exposure shots static with strobes and what not, and then combine it with the motion shot post processing?
i've seen that technique done before so yes you can do that way.. It will just take a shit load more time to post process.. but as Geoff said he had no issues with lighting he was just tryin something different in his post process.. Im waiting to see the revised version of this shot without the piece of suction cup and more light..

OaTmeaL
01-23-2010, 10:17 AM
He works in the evening so he may not be up yet.

I am waiting myself for the revised version as well :ninja:.

I like what he has already done..

I am not saying anything bad about his work but I would like to see whatever changes he makes to it.

CHADbee
01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
its called a vignette you vaginal fart.

not bad for your first rig shot, just dont whore it out like chad and kill the novelty of having them :)

i like the angle, however, the cloning could use a little help :P no biggie though, my first rig shot wasnt that much better lol.
vignette all the way onto the car?!?!?!

i do 1-2 rig shots per 4-5 statics so you shut your face hole, skank :tongue1:

ive went that route was before, its alot of work. and you cant flash the wheels cause you have to use those while the car is rolling. if the car has flake in the paint it would help to bring that out for sure.

Im waiting to see the revised version of this shot without the piece of suction cup and more light..
:stupid:

EL42
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Im waiting to see the revised version of this shot without the piece of suction cup and more light..
so that was a suction cup?...thought i was seeing things.

bandydesign
01-23-2010, 12:35 PM
vignette all the way onto the car?!?!?!

i do 1-2 rig shots per 4-5 statics so you shut your face hole, skank :tongue1:

ive went that route was before, its alot of work. and you cant flash the wheels cause you have to use those while the car is rolling. if the car has flake in the paint it would help to bring that out for sure.

:stupid:

Wait, do you still have those constants?

CHADbee
01-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Wait, do you still have those constants?

nope sold'em a few months back. all i have is my old school novatron strobes.

claybird
01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Looks tight YO!

DVSRX-7
01-23-2010, 01:39 PM
cool

ThE_EnD
01-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Looks Great! i wish i could learn to do this, but with dslr's at like $1500... no chance

.blank cd
01-23-2010, 04:25 PM
It wasnt necessarily a vignette. What I tried to use was lighting effects, and the spotlight made everything else a shadow.

Heres kind of a build up of everything I did..

This is the original picture, no touch up aside from flipping it right side up. Rig shots are taken upside-down to help keep the rig itself from showing up on the car. Its much easier to clone out the rig from the sky/background than it is to take it off the car...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2793/4298873136_083bf0d4db_o.jpg

Here I started to bring out my colors and stuff, as well as some sharpening and noise reduction. I do this before I clone the rig out cause Ive noticed once you start sharpening AFTER you clone, that path tends to show up more...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2700/4298872530_186fd8abe5_o.jpg

This is the last step I'm posting, I adjusted the levels here, then took out the rig and some dust spots here and there. You can go pretty much any direction from this point. I experimented with a few other ideas, you can also subtract the background and sub your own. And there you have it!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4298128153_85b593fd50_o.jpg

gen2freak
01-23-2010, 04:54 PM
great job geoff!
hmm i see some rpf1s i wonder who sold him those beauties!;):ninja::ninja:

*DA Boo*
01-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Look sick Geoff!! Car is very nice as well :)

Brown Man
01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
sweet car

sweet pics

sweet love

bloodline
01-24-2010, 12:48 AM
i think the shot looks awesome..yeh the lighting isnt even on the rear ..but i like how its not...i think it works...

Okie_doke.
01-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Saw this car friday night looked good man

OaTmeaL
01-24-2010, 06:21 AM
Okie doke., Thanks and repped