PDA

View Full Version : My Car Title Is f*** Up

geezy
01-22-2010, 04:21 PM
So hears the story:
i recently bought my ef hatch..and the guy gave me the title and everything correctly..what i didnt think of at the moment it was when he told me that he never drove the car,he never registrated or nothing..so when the ppl who sold it to him and they signed it..he never registrated the car under his name..so when he sold it to me it still had the name of the first owners..not HIS name on the title print
so now that im trying to get my license plates im having trouble.because the guy never registrated the title under his name so i cant either.. and the guy is no where to be found..
and another thing is that my car got impounded cause my title is suspended cause the previous owners canceled it since its not there car..and in order to get it out i need the title under my name :cry:
what can i do in this case..i tried a title bond but its over $300......

geezy
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
So wait, the person who's name is on the title, did they sign it? You just sign the buyer's side and you'll be good..?
na the persons name on the title is the one who sold it to the guy who sold it to me.... he never registrated the car on his name for idk wat reason
so what the tag office say to do is get him to registrate the car under his name..then sign it on to us then we registrate it..but hes no where to be found:ninja:

lanning
01-22-2010, 04:44 PM
so did the previous owner that bought the car before you and never registered it sign the title?

TSiFTW
01-22-2010, 04:44 PM
So did the guy who you bought it from sign it as the buyer? If so then you have to either find him or go through the process:(. If only the people who sold it to him signed it then there are no problems. Just sign as the buyer and no one is the wiser.

Elbow
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
As all others said.

However if HE SIGNED the buyer box next to the previous previous owner, he has to register it to sign it to you as they said.

If it's blank, sign it, be done.

Either way did you not think of this BEFORE buying the car?

lanning
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
I think he's saying he bought a car, previous owner signed the title, but never registered it...lol.
if po signed and never titled it they will have to register the car, but if you cant find him you can go to the owners before them and they can apply for a lost title and sign it over to you? atleast thats true in tennessee

TSiFTW
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
I think he's saying he bought a car, previous owner signed the title, but never registered it...lol.

That is why you always have them sign it as the seller in front of you.

lanning
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
x2 LOL.

I bought a car a few days ago, dude accidently signed the buyer side instead of the seller, used white out, signed my name over it, he wrote me a bill of sale, everything was good...
in tennessee you cant have white out or anything on them, its such a pain in the ass

Elbow
01-22-2010, 04:52 PM
if po signed and never titled it they will have to register the car, but if you cant find him you can go to the owners before them and they can apply for a lost title and sign it over to you? atleast thats true in tennessee

That would work, there is no real record of the guy who never registered it even owning the car, technically if it was impounded he wouldn't even be able to get it out.

Tech5
01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Bonded title

the end

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:00 PM
ook MY title right now is in name of the first owner and when they sold it to the guy who sold it to me...HE never registrated it and use the same title and signed on the next box which should be used for dealers only..

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:01 PM
and when i went to tags office they said it was signed wrong and that guy needs to registrate it first then pass it on to me.. cause he skiped

lanning
01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
do you have insurance on the car?
and how much is the car worth?

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:06 PM
so did the previous owner that bought the car before you and never registered it sign the title?
yes he signed it in the wrong section

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
do you have insurance on the car?
and how much is the car worth?
yes i do
& i bought it for $1100 but its worth more i guess since the parts ive put in

lanning
01-22-2010, 05:08 PM
yes i do
& i bought it for $1100 but its worth more i guess since the parts ive put in
i found a number on another forum if you want the link, its a company that does all the paper work for a bonded title for $180 and you just take it to the dmv

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Full coverage? Total it.
its my baby :yes:

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
i found a number on another forum if you want the link, its a company that does all the paper work for a bonded title for $180 and you just take it to the dmv
does the other owners need to sign anything or juss take the current title?
yes whats the link:goodjob:

lanning
01-22-2010, 05:15 PM
im not sure, you can call them and ask. its a phone number
so i will pm it to you

geezy
01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
im not sure, you can call them and ask. its a phone number
so i will pm it to you
thanksss

Tech5
01-22-2010, 05:36 PM
It probably costs more than what he paid for the car...lol.

120 bucks for the bond and then 30 for tag an title

Tech5
01-22-2010, 05:38 PM

180 is wayyyy to much,,, google

bonded title ( your area )

example if you live in atlanta then google

Bonded titles Atlanta and you will find many to choose from for around 100 bucks

juan08079
01-22-2010, 05:47 PM
ok a couple months ago i sold a car that was still register to the previous owner the guy i sold it to just signed as the buyer and had no problems. also ounce i bought a car and the owner signed in the buyers box by mistake and i didn't realize it till i got home i singed as the seller and the lady at the dmv didn't say anything about it. i have also sign for the buyer one time in print and then signed my name in the buyers box and the lady didn't say anything. i guess what I'm trying to say is that what they don't know benefits you if the previous owner signed in the right box and you sign the buyers box i think you should be fine just scratch the other signature of and say that the owner was signing in the wrong place and he scratched it off him self just make sure the color ink of the pens your using match and be courteous to the lady's at the dmv, it helps, and i think you will have your new title without all the hassle of a long process and having to pay to much to get it to your name. at least that's how it has worked out for me in the past.

tnomud
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
x2 LOL.

I bought a car a few days ago, dude accidently signed the buyer side instead of the seller, used white out, signed my name over it, he wrote me a bill of sale, everything was good...

i fuckin hate it when that happens :tongue1:

00 blk G20t
01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Full coverage? Total it.
you cant total a car thats in the impound yard.....sucks man. all you really need is a bill of sale from the person on the title and i think you would be good...since dude never registered it hes pretty much out of the loop.

03RCode
01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
As all others said.

However if HE SIGNED the buyer box next to the previous previous owner, he has to register it to sign it to you as they said.

If it's blank, sign it, be done.

Either way did you not think of this BEFORE buying the car?

With a legal Bill of Sale from the person he bought it from to him the tag office can transfer it straight to him. Just went through this a few days ago.

geezy
01-23-2010, 01:02 PM
well the i found the guy who sold me the car & he agree'd to help me get the title