PDA

View Full Version : Immortality

Ran
01-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Would you accept it? If it were a reality, would you indulge yourself in it through scientific, religious, or supernatural means? Would you pay the penalty of watching friends and loved ones pass on while you remain elusive to the cold embrace of death? Would you sell your soul to the devil? Would you take the lives of innocent strangers to sustain your youth? Would you become a tool for science or research in exchange for everlasting life?

5speed
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
nope, just bc you cant die doesnt mean you cant suffer

5speed
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh, and fuck the devil

ironchef
01-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I would if I had the option to end it when I wanted, and pick the age at which I stay immortal.

Ran
01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
nope, just bc you cant die doesnt mean you cant sufferAll pain dulls with time.

david068513
01-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I would if I had the option to end it when I wanted, and pick the age at which I stay immortal.
this

Ran
01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Hmm...four out of five say yes. Interesting and unexpected.

EM1toEVO
01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't think I would want to be immortal. I would hate seeing my son die before I do.

roxie911
01-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think I'm old enough to know if I'd want to be immortal. I haven't experienced enough to know if I'd want my life to keep going and going and going past everyone else's. I think it'd be interesting with all the things you'd learn, but other than that, I really don't know.

JDMbabe
01-22-2010, 12:59 PM
um no thank you

One_Bad_SHO
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Just give me one of them Captain Planet rings and I'm good to go.

WIND!!!!

JDMbabe
01-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Just give me one of them Captain Planet rings and I'm good to go.

WIND!!!!

yeah! gotta love captain planet!

neon_ert3
01-22-2010, 01:22 PM
i dont wanna be immortal, i want to live my life, die, then be born again and so on

Ran
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
i dont wanna be immortal, i want to live my life, die, then be born again and so onIsn't rebirth or reincarnation simply another form of immortality?

On_Her_Face
01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Do I get to look as good as I do now forever?

Got Milk?
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
No.

Imagine being immortal with every disease out there, you would beg to die. It's like having nick hogans friend on life support machines, doesn't make any sense.

Got Milk?
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Do I get to look as good as I do now forever?

This, and are you immortal to every pain and disease out there?

If so, than I say Yes.

On_Her_Face
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
This, and are you immortal to every pain and disease out there?

If so, than I say Yes.

I'd even do it if i was immune to physical pain. Emotional pain I could get over.

Nemesis
Yes, so that everyone on IA will eventually die , then I will become an admin.

TSiFTW
Only if I could be sparkly and bang hot chicks all the time. So I guess my answer is no.

Ran
01-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Haha, so many conditions for you people.

Let me make it simple then. You are given the chance to gain everlasting youth. What the conditions, benefits, or side-effects are unknown to you. This is your once in a lifetime opportunity. What is your answer?

Got Milk?
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
^^

Imagine being 100+ years old, buhahahahhahaha.

Stormhammer
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I'd be inclined to go with yes, believe it or not

DVSRX-7
01-22-2010, 02:57 PM
no! just because i would rather die before my daughter, i would seriously go crazy if i saw her in a casket before me!

Ran
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Hmm..13 to 10. I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a influx of religious viewp.oints or anything in here so far. lol

swimshark
01-23-2010, 12:15 PM
if i were to be immortal id like to be like wolverine and have some badass physical trait and live through history

Kevykev
01-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Hmm..13 to 10. I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a influx of religious viewp.oints or anything in here so far. lol

;)

Immortality in this world would be a Nothing short of a Curse. You know that...Or do you?

As far as Everlasting life......ahh it's place is Not in this thread. :yes:

EL42
01-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Let me make it simple then. You are given the chance to gain everlasting youth. What the conditions, benefits, or side-effects are unknown to you. This is your once in a lifetime opportunity. What is your answer?
:no: i'd have to say no..i'm 31 and look better and younger than most teens. women my own age are kinda intimedated by appearance. i got enough problems.lol

Kevykev
01-23-2010, 04:42 PM
women my own age are kinda intimedated by appearance. i got enough problems.lol

If you havin' girl prollums I feel bad fa you son! :lmfao:

Njobe
01-23-2010, 05:32 PM
i dont wanna be immortal, i want to live my life, die, then be born again and so on
how do you know that you're going to be re-born again? maybe when we die that's it for us, our flesh decomposes and we get forgotten.

i'd say yes, survival of the fittest motherfuckers lol :taun:

EL42
01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
:goodjob: lol i sooo left the door open for that

Slow Motion
01-23-2010, 07:55 PM

I got 99 problems but a bitch aint' one..

I would be immortal, because I have no children to watch pass before me. As for being alone, that's immortality for you. But, you can have a few relationships along the way.

Elbow
01-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Glad to see Ran is back making these threads lol.

SUBY_RUE
01-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't think I would want to be immortal. I would hate seeing my son die before I do.

True, I dont want to out live my daughter.

RL...
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I do not think any of us could accurately answer these questions unless they were probable. Whatever our answer is, it is based on the notion that immortality is in our reality not only improbable, but impossible. As such, it is not an accurate answer because we would really have no idea what choices we would make in the situation.

ironchef
01-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I do not think any of us could accurately answer these questions unless they were probable. Whatever our answer is, it is based on the notion that immortality is in our reality not only improbable, but impossible. As such, it is not an accurate answer because we would really have no idea what choices we would make in the situation.LULZ at you trying to sound smart. Whats up with that?

Anyway, the accuracy of the answers is debatable, but never the less the point of the thread was to suspend modern day reality and see what people would choose to do. Thus it would reflect the choice they would make in that situation.

Kevykev
01-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I do not think any of us could accurately answer these questions unless they were probable. Whatever our answer is, it is based on the notion that immortality is in our reality not only improbable, but impossible. As such, it is not an accurate answer because we would really have no idea what choices we would make in the situation.

You just did something there lol

LULZ at you trying to sound smart. Whats up with that?

Anyway, the accuracy of the answers is debatable, but never the less the point of the thread was to suspend modern day reality and see what people would choose to do. Thus it would reflect the choice they would make in that situation.

By accuracy do you guys mean Reasoning as in the reasoning behind someone wanting immortality?

I don't see how accuracy becomes a factor here unless their reasoning is based on something less that factual.

ie: i want to be immortal because i'll be invincible and will be able to respawn as a new being...yarrrrrrgg!!!

On_Her_Face
01-24-2010, 12:20 PM

I'd have to see more details in the contract, and if there were this many unknowns then I'd rather die.

Greddypacked
01-24-2010, 03:23 PM
IF I was an Immortal w/ GOD and can go from Heaven to Earth when wanted and no I wouldnt be evil but would be like a HERO to protect the innocent from evil.... SO WATCH OUT LOL.

Ran
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
...if there were this many unknowns then I'd rather die.Then there's your answer.

Nice to see how the vote has turned out. Seemed pretty one-sided at first but now it's about dead-even with a slight shift. Love it. :)