PDA

View Full Version : 04 Cobra vs 05 GTO

Thrust
10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Today was a pretty boring day. It was rather nice out, so I decided to head out and take care of a few things. After running to blockbuster, and the post office (gotta love ebay) it was time to head home. While driving home, I noticed a 05 GTO infront of me. I really wasn't in much of a mood to race, But when he turned onto the same deserted road that I was heading to, I figured why not. After completing the turn, I slowly paced and eventually passed him. He caught up and quickly punched it. I stayed at a stedy 50mph and watched him go by. He slowed down when he saw that I didn't bite. I pulled next to him and pointed at the light ahead that just turned red.

We pulled up to the light. I looked around and there was not a car in sight. There was about a 3/4 of a mile straight away ahead, and a 6sp 05 GTO ready to run me from a dig. I don't even remember the last time that I ran from a dig, but this was perfect! I watched the light as it turned green, and eased out at 3/4 throttle, and the GTO did the same. Once I hit 4k rpm I went wide open and spun badly. I quickly shifted to 2nd and continued to spin. Meanwhile the GTO was at my door giving all that it had. I shifted to 3rd and finally caught traction and proceeded to put about 4 cars on the GTO.
I slowed down and gave the GTO driver a thumbs up. He asked me to pull over to talk. We talked for about 15 minutes about our cars. I checked out his car and I actually like the 05 GTOs. Very nice red and grey interior on grey car. He said that he thought that he had me for a second, but then I just left him. His only mod was a cai, but his car sounded great for stock. We exchanged #s and will hopefully do it again.

Nyteryder
10-26-2005, 10:37 PM
nice kill

Speedm0(\)key
10-27-2005, 12:18 AM
good kill thrust, i've wanted to run one in the STi just cant seem to find any around

i cant say i like the GTO's.. but their interior quality did surprise me.. i mean.. no offense to any domestic drivers.. but i think the GTO is the 1st american car with an interesting interior. but then again.. its really all on taste

D16Civic
10-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Nice Kill :goodjob:

i cant say i like the GTO's.. but their interior quality did surprise me.. i mean.. no offense to any domestic drivers.. but i think the GTO is the 1st american car with an interesting interior. but then again.. its really all on taste
Thats probably because it's based off an Australian car (I can't remember the name right now)

Cliff
10-27-2005, 04:16 PM
there was a rear mounted turbo GTO up at commerce a while back that was pretty sick...that's who you should run

Thrust
10-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't mind going up aginst a car like that. The more that I look at them the more that I start to like them. I know of a few people that have taken them and converted them into monaro's (the aussi version). I think that they look more aggressive as monaros, and wouldn't mind having one for the hell of it.

fstDC-5
10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
a cobra come to bp barret pkwy run my boosted dc-5

Tank
10-29-2005, 01:35 PM
nobody cares about your dc-5 j/p hey did you come to pheasant hill last night i think i met you last night

Pablo
10-29-2005, 04:46 PM
nice kill!
glad to know that there are people that are not total dick and still run for fun.
keep it safe!

SandM
10-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Nice Kill :goodjob:

Thats probably because it's based off an Australian car (I can't remember the name right now)

i beleive its Holden?

SLOWR/T
10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
i beleive its Holden?

holden is ford

btw good kill

Speedm0(\)key
10-30-2005, 08:31 PM
i beleive its Holden?

Monaro

Thrust
10-30-2005, 11:21 PM
holden is ford

btw good kill
Holden is one of GM's Australian divisions. Ford is simply known as Ford of Australia.

m5_dude
11-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah. It used to be the Holden HSV GT. I know it Britain right now its the Vauxhall VXR

purplehazing
11-24-2005, 10:35 AM
speaking of holdens i didn't know what the fuck they was until i read this so this is what u guys speak ofthere's the gto twin u guys speak of and the i guess new elcamino with the gto front sick cars and i have more concept cars peope:bigok:l

EJ25RUN
11-24-2005, 02:21 PM
yeah holdens are the only good gm's

EDDY TASSONE down there has a street driven 1981 or somethin holden

commodore with the ls1 twin turbo hits 1300 whp

Watch This (http://www.draglist.com/Movies/MOW-Mar-2003/MOW-030303.htm)

Batman
11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Nice kill!! your car is sick fast