PDA

View Full Version : paypal?

never_finished
10-26-2005, 10:08 PM
hey everyone i have a few questions. Im looking to buy a set of wheels off a guy from out of state, he is gonna be shipping them to me. My question is ive never used paypal..how does it work? i mean i get the concept, but does it charge? im just worried about sending the money, but never getting my wheels. I dont think the guy would do that, but gotta play it safe. Whats my best option for sending money to someone? That if i didnt get my product, i could get my money back?

thanks for any help/info!!

RandomGuy
10-26-2005, 10:11 PM
hey everyone i have a few questions. Im looking to buy a set of wheels off a guy from out of state, he is gonna be shipping them to me. My question is ive never used paypal..how does it work? i mean i get the concept, but does it charge? im just worried about sending the money, but never getting my wheels. I dont think the guy would do that, but gotta play it safe. Whats my best option for sending money to someone? That if i didnt get my product, i could get my money back?

thanks for any help/info!!
depends, its pretty much honor system as far as that goes. Paypal only covers non-shipment of goods, so say he doesnt send you ANYTHING then you get all your money back right... but say he sends you a box full of broken toasters, with delivery confirmation right?... Then he just sends paypal that document after you file your claim, and your claim is denied. It also works the other way, if he sends the wheels and doesnt get delivery tracking or confirmation... you can file a claim, he cant prove he sent them to you and you get your money back...

but say he doesn't ship these rims... and sends you a toaster in a box... Not much you can do, except take it to court, which is the ghey.

never_finished
10-26-2005, 10:20 PM
cool thanks for the info hasan....this guy is off the s10forums...so im not too worried about it, but still sending money off is never a comfortable feeling.