PDA

View Full Version : Sputtering problem. help please

j0nbunklah0m
01-21-2010, 01:02 PM
92 honda civic
K, so i started my car this morning and it would hardly start up, it was like choking for fuel or spark or something. As i drive down the road, the check engine light comes on. So i attempt to pull the codes, but it wont read(no blinks). everytime after i turn the car off, the CEL does not come on until a minute or 2 of driving.
I've changed the fuel filter, spark plugs/wires are new, changed my FPR, Fuel pump seems to be working fine (i hear it prime), I sea foamed my car about 2 months ago so i would assume injectors are fine?... well any help is appreciated and reps are givin for replies:cheers:

a94civicex
01-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Check the spark plug wires again.... Sometimes they will get a needle hole poked it them so how, some way, which causes it to sputter.... The best way to check is to start the car, pop the hood and pull each wire out to where you can see down the hole, and look for a spark.... It's happend to me a few times & I thought the worst when it did.... Then decided to pull out wires and look for spark and that was it, replaced then and it ran good again!

j0nbunklah0m
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Check the spark plug wires again.... Sometimes they will get a needle hole poked it them so how, some way, which causes it to sputter.... The best way to check is to start the car, pop the hood and pull each wire out to where you can see down the hole, and look for a spark.... It's happend to me a few times & I thought the worst when it did.... Then decided to pull out wires and look for spark and that was it, replaced then and it ran good again!

kk thanks n reps!! i'll try this in a coouple minutes n report back, still looking for other suggestions as well

yota06
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
what did you gap plugs at?

a94civicex
01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
usually plugs are already gapped!

preferredduck
01-22-2010, 12:03 AM
usually plugs are already gapped!

it's always good to check though, someone may have screwed up somewhere it happens, esp at auto zone. if you can jump the ecu when the code comes on that would help alot. have you checked your timing? all vaccum lines. it's prob something simple man trust me ive been there, we all have.