PDA

View Full Version : SPRINT IS ALMOST ON MY LAST NERVE!!

BTEC
10-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I paid 128 (full bill) on my bill last wednesday bc i went over my minutes.
I also added a extra 100 minutes for this month
today my phone is off and they say my bill is $131 and i have to make a payment to get my phone back on. how in the hell is that possible?
my phon eis always getting turned off for dumb sh*t!!
i took ready link (sprints nextel) off bc my speaker phnoe broke and they took all my features off and then my phone got cut off. they adjusted my bill and gave me a credit but its just the fact my pimp phone was off.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 03:17 PM
sprint sucks yo.

kelly marie
10-26-2005, 03:17 PM
yes jesse this is why i cancelled them...i would pay them like $300 dollars a month... they would turn it off at least 3 times a month... even though i paid my balance off each month.. on time mind you.... anyway SPRINT SUCKS ASS and they are money hungry!! i hate them....

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 03:18 PM
repost, i ranted about sprint already....Pablo is gon come in here and whoop your ass, he works for sprint Lol

ahhh just kiddin, i kno all of your frustrations my friend

kelly marie
10-26-2005, 03:19 PM
you have a credit limit of $150, $175 or $200 if you go over that amount they give it to you in the booty... i HATE them... but i had a sweet as sanyo camera phone...

speedminded
10-26-2005, 03:20 PM
you have a credit limit of $150, $175 or $200 if you go over that amount they give it to you in the booty... i HATE them... but i had a sweet as sanyo camera phone...adrian has a sweet ass sanyo camera phone...got lots of good random pics :)

A.P. Photography
10-26-2005, 03:21 PM
That is why I like Cingular, Roll Over Baby. Well that and I stopped giving people my cell number so I save my minutes now :D

BTEC
10-26-2005, 03:22 PM
nice to see im not alone. tell pablo to turn my damn phone back on, i just paid my bill last week!! plus $5, i couldve gave that $5 to kelly and been better off. lol!!

speedminded
10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
nice to see im not alone. tell pablo to turn my damn phone back on, i just paid my bill last week!! plus $5, i couldve gave that $5 to kelly and been better off. lol!!oh $5 dolla? you set for longgg time.

DrivenMind
10-26-2005, 03:26 PM
sprint is a bunch of bastard cocksuckers. my phone can't decide WHAT kind of service it wants. I can have 5 full bars of service and not be able to make a single phone call, and the newest annoyance is how the phone wont get calls. As in someone will call, they'll hear my phone ring and get my voice mail. My phone wont get the call but the voicemail that follows. Meaning I get their voicemail immediately after they called, but my phone doesn't indicate I received a call at all, nothing listed as a missed call or anything.

BTEC
oh $5 dolla? you set for longgg time.
exactly!! the more i tihnk about what i couldve done with that $5 i get moe pissed off. :mad:

kelly marie
mmmm 5 dolla make you hoLLA nah mean?

speedminded
10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
mmmm 5 dolla make you hoLLA nah mean?nahhh...make YOU holla

BTEC
10-26-2005, 03:27 PM
mmmm 5 dolla make you hoLLA nah mean?
yeah, what speedminded said. lol!!!!

The Golden Child
10-26-2005, 03:28 PM
sprint sucks ..

kelly marie
10-26-2005, 03:29 PM
i have cingular now and its way better

BTEC
10-26-2005, 03:33 PM
i have cingular now and its way better
if i have to make a payment to get my phone back on im switching to cingular or t-mobile.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 03:34 PM
if i have to make a payment to get my phone back on im switching to cingular or t-mobile.tell them you moved and the service doesn't work at your new house...they won't charge you a cancellation fee.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:22 PM
tell them you moved and the service doesn't work at your new house...they won't charge you a cancellation fee.

Now they will b/c I am printing this post and will notate his account as to this fraudelant attempt to get out of a cancellation fee. Sorry speedminded you just ruined it for him.:(

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:23 PM
I paid 128 (full bill) on my bill last wednesday bc i went over my minutes.
I also added a extra 100 minutes for this month
today my phone is off and they say my bill is $131 and i have to make a payment to get my phone back on. how in the hell is that possible?
my phon eis always getting turned off for dumb sh*t!!
i took ready link (sprints nextel) off bc my speaker phnoe broke and they took all my features off and then my phone got cut off. they adjusted my bill and gave me a credit but its just the fact my pimp phone was off.

Give me your number by PM or whatever and I will look into it to see where your problem is.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Now they will b/c I am printing this post and will notate his account as to this fraudelant attempt to get out of a cancellation fee. Sorry speedminded you just ruined it for him.:(ouch. sooo..still going on the mtn run? :)

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
they are money hungry!!....

What large company isn't............ :confused: Thats why they are a company- to make money.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Pablo is gon come in here and whoop your ass, he works for sprint Lol

And I am Pablo's boss:D

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:26 PM
ouch. sooo..still going on the mtn run? :)

YEP- you know this already come on!:goodjob:

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:28 PM
but i had a sweet as sanyo camera phone...

And Sanyo is exclusive to SPRINT........... :goodjob: Wait till you see the Sanyo 9000- you will come back or at least should come back.

Look into something called ESRP..............Sprint is the only company that offers this. It's a must have!

kelly marie
10-26-2005, 04:28 PM
What large company isn't............ :confused: Thats why they are a company- to make money. lol well can you explain the credit limit thingy to me? thats what i never understood...

kelly marie
10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
And Sanyo is exclusive to SPRINT........... :goodjob: Wait till you see the Sanyo 9000- you will come back or at least should come back.

Look into something called ESRP..............Sprint is the only company that offers this. It's a must have! oh yeah my phone was the bomb... best phone ive ever had... but im sorry i really didnt want to pay all that money each month and they would constantly turned it off if i went over my "credit limit"

speedminded
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Look into something called ESRP..............Sprint is the only company that offers this. It's a must have!isn't cingular releasing something equivalent next month?

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:34 PM
lol well can you explain the credit limit thingy to me? thats what i never understood...

Sprint will basically give ANYONE a phone regardless of credit. We have customers whom filed bankruptcy a few months ago and they get a phone with 2 lines. We as a company have the lowest credit standards amongst all carriers. That is the reason behind the credit limits. We will sign you up as we want your business BUT we will control your bill. The thing with the limits is that you have to pay the bill religously. By that I mean if you get the bill today you should be sending a check tomorrow. This will ensure your phone doesnt get cut off UNLESS you exceed your minutes horribly and your plan is already close to your limit. For example:

$125 spending limit
Customer has a $100 plan with all the bells and whistles totaling $120.
Remember this $120 is BEFORE TAXES. Taxes on wireless is crazy and would put this person @$135 therefore turning their phone off automatically.

This is just one scenario and there are many others. Tell me yours and I can explain probably.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:35 PM
isn't cingular releasing something equivalent next month?

Not sure-- I will have to look into that .......... :thinking:

JMCIVIC01
10-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I had sprint and they tried to fuck m over like that so I was talking to a guy on the phone about my bill and why it was so high and we were arguing back and forth about how this couldnt be possible and finally I got so pissed off I said "alright asshole im gonna sprint my ass over to cingular bitch cancel my fuckin contract and that was the end of that man fuck them".
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

speedminded
10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Not sure-- I will have to look into that .......... :thinking:one of my roommates was with an authorized agent of cingular...he's been trying to tell me about something big coming out in november but it's nothing to do with cars so kinda goes overrrr my head... :dunno:

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:43 PM
That is why I like Cingular, Roll Over Baby.

I use to work for them so tell me whats the point of having 6000 roll over minutes you will NEVER use???????

Nothing against Cingular as I feel they are a great company and have good service, BUT the rollover was just an amazing marketing scheme! In reality it makes no since. If you are rolling over hundreds and hundreds of minutes then.................DOH your paying to much EACH MONTH.

In my opinion, if you are rolling over more than 100 minutes a month your paying to much and on to high of a plan. Save yourself the money each month. That is the beauty of Fair and Flexible from Sprint.

Just my .02 cents! :D

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:44 PM
sprint is a bunch of bastard cocksuckers. my phone can't decide WHAT kind of service it wants. I can have 5 full bars of service and not be able to make a single phone call, and the newest annoyance is how the phone wont get calls. As in someone will call, they'll hear my phone ring and get my voice mail. My phone wont get the call but the voicemail that follows. Meaning I get their voicemail immediately after they called, but my phone doesn't indicate I received a call at all, nothing listed as a missed call or anything.

What phone brand and model do you have?

speedminded
10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I use to work for them so tell me whats the point of having 6000 roll over minutes you will NEVER use???????

Nothing against Cingular as I feel they are a great company and have good service, BUT the rollover was just an amazing marketing scheme! In reality it makes no since. If you are rolling over hundreds and hundreds of minutes then.................DOH your paying to much EACH MONTH.

In my opinion, if you are rolling over more than 100 minutes a month your paying to much and on to high of a plan. Save yourself the money each month. That is the beauty of Fair and Flexible from Sprint.

Just my .02 cents! :Dlol, i had like 8k when i canceled my cingular phone a couple years ago...i had a good plan for a good price then i started using the phone less and the plan rates changed so it was stupid for me to to change the plan, less minutes and be the same price and then lose some of the benefits that weren't offered any longer...so i just kept collecting.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I had sprint and they tried to fuck m over like that so I was talking to a guy on the phone about my bill and why it was so high and we were arguing back and forth about how this couldnt be possible and finally I got so pissed off I said "alright asshole im gonna sprint my ass over to cingular bitch cancel my fuckin contract and that was the end of that man fuck them".
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Did you talk to the Asst Store Mgr or Store Mgr?

That was some mighty manly talking you did. Do you really think the sales rep cared if you cancelled or not? If he didnt activate it recently then probably not.

If you asked for one of the two listed above they might have worked better with you. That would have been the smart business thing to do. :)

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
lol, i had like 8k when i canceled my cingular phone a couple years ago...i had a good plan for a good price then i started using the phone less and the plan rates changed so it was stupid for me to to change the plan, less minutes and be the same price and then lose some of the benefits that weren't offered any longer...so i just kept collecting.

sometimes it works out in your favor as it did you, BUT most of the time it does not.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 04:52 PM
sometimes it works out in your favor as it did you, BUT most of the time it does not.actually i didn't cancel...my contract was out...i was paying month to month then i just said i didn't need it any longer. stupid thing was when i went to get another phone less than a year later there was so much stuff i couldn't do or get because i was on "ended service list" ...even though my credit was perfect it was something about ending service within the past 12 months...they wouldn't give me a second line and a bunch of other stuff because of it.

Julio
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Marshall...No, The way to get cingular is , start of with a High plan.. pay it for a month, roll over some minutes, lower your plan and walllaaaa.. you have extra minutes now rolling over..

gtikid
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM

Just my .02 cents! :D

your one of the few people that actually know about the phone business that i have heard said that...the "normal" public doesn't know about but it's true...i love my fair and flexible...it's the shit!

DrivenMind
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
What phone brand and model do you have?

The Toshiba VM4050, I like the phone but man does it get on my last nerve.
I took it into the Sprint store, and he set the "Location" to "Sprint", but this was even worse than it was when it was on automatic. With the automatic location turned out I could at least be roaming and make a phone call incurring the charge. With it on the "sprint" location, I go to dial a number and it simply sits with the name on the screen for about 30 seconds to a minute until it says "service not available" and takes you back to the main screen seen after you open the phone. Imagine trying to make a phone call 5 or 6 times in a row with 4 or 5 bars of service only to be told "Service cannot be used currently". It's exceptionally frustrating, but for some reason I've stuck with Sprint, as it seems no other network gets service from my house. Although every net work appears to get far superior service compared to mine the minute we leave my neighborhood.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Marshall...No, The way to get cingular is , start of with a High plan.. pay it for a month, roll over some minutes, lower your plan and walllaaaa.. you have extra minutes now rolling over..

High plan being $100?

OK think about this

$100 Aug
$100 Sept
$100 Oct
$35 Nov
$35 Dec

you just paid $195 extra bucks for 3 months to rollover some minutes. :thinking: how does that make since? I dont know their plans but I couldnt see it being logical. Also when I worked there, which was some time ago, they would not allow you to downgrade and KEEP your minutes. You lost the minutes if you went to a lower plan. Is this still true- i dont know- anybody, cingular customers?

JMCIVIC01
10-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Did you talk to the Asst Store Mgr or Store Mgr?

That was some mighty manly talking you did. Do you really think the sales rep cared if you cancelled or not? If he didnt activate it recently then probably not.

If you asked for one of the two listed above they might have worked better with you. That would have been the smart business thing to do. :)

I called customer service i wasnt in a store man, and i really didnt give a shit if he did or not i just needed someone to take my frustration out on and he was who i was talking to.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=estis fatuus]The Toshiba VM4050QUOTE]

Have you ever thought about a Sanyo handset?

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
The way you did it.. makes no sense..

I was on the 79.99 Plan wich Was 1200 Minutes at the time + all the other Niights and weekends, I payed that for 2 month.
w/ an average use of about 400 of those minutes for each month.
2 month = 2400 minutes I used 800 minutes. wich left me with about 1600 minutes.

I downgraded to the 49.99 plan w/ only 400 minutes plus n/w etc..,, The only reason I downgraded to the 49.99 plan was Because I bought A blackberry wich requires another service plan wich Is 44.99 a month extra, So I downgraded to the 49.99 Voice plan and Added the Blackberry bundles wich I think is 44.99

When I got my bills I saw the Rollover minutes are still there.. So I really dont see where this went wrong?
i think It worked out perfect...

All the minutes means, I wont go over, Wont Pay extra.. so it worked fine.

I would rather pay an extra 40 to 50 bucks extra before, Then go on a lower plan and go over and get rapped.. ;)

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I called customer service

All I have to say is......................NEVER call customer care if you want a REAL issue addressed. Think about it. It is so easy for the rep on the end of a phone line to yell at you, and not give a rats a$$ about what you want. In the store you have a person there in front of you, and then feel the pressure if you are upset about something. Not saying that you should use intimidation is this doesnt work on everyone. If a customer uses intimidation on me they just get NO even more. I will work with anyone to help them out, but once they starting acting like a little kid it is over.

You understand where I am coming from?

DrivenMind
10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=estis fatuus]The Toshiba VM4050QUOTE]

Have you ever thought about a Sanyo handset?

What's that?

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Marshall.. Cmon man.. you are a leader in your Area, thats the wrong advice.. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS right in our business..

Fucking sucks.. I wish I can just shove a rusty screwdriver up there ass and call it a day.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:19 PM
The way you did it.. makes no sense..

I was on the 79.99 Plan wich Was 1200 Minutes at the time + all the other Niights and weekends, I payed that for 2 month.
w/ an average use of about 400 of those minutes for each month.
2 month = 2400 minutes I used 800 minutes. wich left me with about 1600 minutes.

I downgraded to the 49.99 plan w/ only 400 minutes plus n/w etc..,, The only reason I downgraded to the 49.99 plan was Because I bought A blackberry wich requires another service plan wich Is 44.99 a month extra, So I downgraded to the 49.99 Voice plan and Added the Blackberry bundles wich I think is 44.99

When I got my bills I saw the Rollover minutes are still there.. So I really dont see where this went wrong?
i think It worked out perfect...

All the minutes means, I wont go over, Wont Pay extra.. so it worked fine.

I would rather pay an extra 40 to 50 bucks extra before, Then go on a lower plan and go over and get rapped.. ;)

so you paid $60 for 1600 mins.........not bad! But what happens when you run out of those 1600 mins within your 2 yr contract and then you start going over? I bet they extended your contract when you bought the RIM right? All companies do. :D

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Marshall.. Cmon man.. you are a leader in your Area, thats the wrong advice.. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS right in our business..

Fucking sucks.. I wish I can just shove a rusty screwdriver up there ass and call it a day.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER call customer care.......not for anything.:D

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Naw hommie... I payed Full retail for it...
I signed a 2 year contract before I had the BB. I came over from AT&T.
Wich means, once you signed that contract you are not eligible for a discounted phone until that contract runs out. So if you want a COol phone either you wait or pay full retail.

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:22 PM
NEVER EVER EVER EVER call customer care.......not for anything.:D

Man oh man.. That means, You got some firing to do then! Fire some folks and get some friendly customer service people behind those phones :D

JMCIVIC01
10-26-2005, 05:28 PM
na when they screw u that is who you have to talk to a sales rep in a store will just smile in your face and try to convince u to add another line at a discounted rate who wants that when you have an outrageous phone bill all they will say is call customer care cause they handle that shit and then that ends up being your only option, i sell cell phones man i know how it works. :goodjob:

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=SilviaK93]

What's that?

http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
na when they screw u that is who you have to talk to a sales rep in a store will just smile in your face and try to convince u to add another line at a discounted rate who wants that when you have an outrageous phone bill all they will say is call customer care cause they handle that shit and then that ends up being your only option, i sell cell phones man i know how it works. :goodjob:

And you handled the situation the way you did............man you have to work in a 3rd party of some sort?

Dont get me a wrong. I am not saying every rep in a corp store will help you the way you need to be helped, BUT it is easier to handle in my eyes. We do have alot of good reps out there. You just have to find that good one that works with you and stick with them. It's like your banker, realtor, lawyer, etc............switching these points of contacts all the time is NOT a good thing.:)

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM
I payed Full retail for it...

Cause your a BALLA...............I mean I can see the damn RACETRAC sign from my cube! I wanna be like you!

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Cause your a BALLA...............I mean I can see the damn RACETRAC sign from my cube! I wanna be like you!

Bhwhahaha, Bad joke man... I Drive a sentra & civic .. you have a Vette and Grand P..

Your the only one ballin out of control :D

AznTraitor
10-26-2005, 05:43 PM
sprint customer service is pretty damn shitty....actually...one of the worst. All they want is your money...that is their answer for everything....."oh, I broke my leg" Sprint Rep "sir, why dont you pay off your current bill, and plus some.."

I called and talked to a rep for about 20mins and all they would do is repeat the question I asked, so then I told them that I need to speak to their boss immediately...and I got ahold of some stupid ass dude who didnt know north from south and I told them to please put "this customer hates sprint" but the guy was like, I'm sorry I cant put that down.....so I told them to make sure my recorded conversation was sent up to the highers so they can hear how shitty their service is. I mean....they advertise all over Columbus, but my phone doesnt work in my house! It barely works around campus...

and I've made a trip across the country.....if you have a sprint phone, you are better off just turning it off to save battery.....at least Cingular worked about 85% of the time, as the Sprint only worked like 30-40%.

I cannot wait till Jan....I'm jumping ship and etheir heading back to t-mobile or cingular.....because sprint sucks the biggest balls known on this planet.

TranceDJ06
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Niggah' Dont hit me up on that Nextel Chirp'

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Your the only one ballin out of control :D

HAHAHAHA........that is some funny $hit. Far from it playa...........just cause you own a vette doesnt mean you have money. It means you have money IN THE VETTE!!! :goodjob:

AznTraitor
10-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Niggah' Dont hit me up on that Nextel Chirp'

I had nextel just before moving to sprint and if you think sprint billing is bad....oh boy....let me tell you, you are in for a treat..nextel billing was all screwed up...they'd sometimes charge you 2-3 months in advance, yet still charge you for the current month, so basically you could be payed up thru the year if you actually didnt pay any attention to your account, I actually experinced this and raised all sorts of shit, and ended up not having to pay for like 5 months so they billing could catch up to what I had payed...but now that sprint and nextel are together....I'm just gonna make sure that I'm far away from both as humanly possible.

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I mean....they advertise all over Columbus, but my phone doesnt work in my house! It barely works around campus...

and I've made a trip across the country.....if you have a sprint phone, you are better off just turning it off to save battery.....at least Cingular worked about 85% of the time, as the Sprint only worked like 30-40%.

I cannot wait till Jan....I'm jumping ship and etheir heading back to t-mobile or cingular.....because sprint sucks the biggest balls known on this planet.

Show me where ONE wireless company garuntees in building coverage? If they did then Sprint home service would be no more right?

What model phone do you have Peter?

Believe it or not, model and brand phones make a HUGEEE difference in your coverage and service. I dont care what any rep, or vendor tells you. They are NOT the same with regard to RF. YES, all phones meet the MINUMUM standard set by Sprint, BUT that is what it just is- the minimum. Who is to say one is not higher then the other. Example:

Sanyo 27 RF freq
LG 23 RF freq
Samsung 24 RF freq

"Wireless company" Standard= Above 20 RF FREQ
THIS IS NOT AT ALL ACCURATE but gives you a visual to better understand!

To all those having issues give me your address of major coverage issue and I will pull it up.

Please dont think I am just preaching how GREAT Sprint is, BUT understand I am trying to help you understand what I know. I have been with Sprint 3 years now and know in depth information that you as a consumer will never know or see.;)

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I had nextel just before moving to sprint and if you think sprint billing is bad....oh boy....let me tell you, you are in for a treat..nextel billing was all screwed up...they'd sometimes charge you 2-3 months in advance, yet still charge you for the current month, so basically you could be payed up thru the year if you actually didnt pay any attention to your account, I actually experinced this and raised all sorts of shit, and ended up not having to pay for like 5 months so they billing could catch up to what I had payed...but now that sprint and nextel are together....I'm just gonna make sure that I'm far away from both as humanly possible.

No comment----- I dont know the Nextel story :)

RandomGuy
10-26-2005, 06:00 PM
the next person to post in this topic is gay
|
|
|
|
\/

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 06:07 PM
OMG I must be gay...........I posted after random guy.

Wait a minute............isn't Random guy the one with the FAT NAKED BOY as his avatar?:thinking::confused:

AznTraitor
10-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Show me where ONE wireless company garuntees in building coverage? If they did then Sprint home service would be no more right?

What model phone do you have Peter?

Believe it or not, model and brand phones make a HUGEEE difference in your coverage and service. I dont care what any rep, or vendor tells you. They are NOT the same with regard to RF. YES, all phones meet the MINUMUM standard set by Sprint, BUT that is what it just is- the minimum. Who is to say one is not higher then the other. Example:

Sanyo 27 RF freq
LG 23 RF freq
Samsung 24 RF freq

"Wireless company" Standard= Above 20 RF FREQ
THIS IS NOT AT ALL ACCURATE but gives you a visual to better understand!

To all those having issues give me your address of major coverage issue and I will pull it up.

Please dont think I am just preaching how GREAT Sprint is, BUT understand I am trying to help you understand what I know. I have been with Sprint 3 years now and know in depth information that you as a consumer will never know or see.;)

I have the Sanyo 8200....I got it when it was the new hot phone for sprint...this is also my second one....and it's brand spanking new....let me re-word it for you Marshall...my phone doesnt work at my house...ie...in the house or outside the house....every now and then you will get one signal bar and then it does that stupid signal faded and cuts the call. My sister also has sprint, and she has the treo....and it doesnt work in the house or around it etheir. Yet, here in Columbus...we have billboards that say "Yes, we work in Harris County now" or where ever they are advertising...but it's the furthest from the truth.

and I drove from Atlanta to Seattle....I'm telling you Marshall...my phone didnt even work half the time.....yet my girlfriends Cingular never skipped a beat, only in Montana did her phone not work...so that was quite the interesting experince....

I'm just pissed that the only thing the customer service reps on the phone ever say is how can I take more of your money....

SilviaK93
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
The Treo performance does not surprise me. The Sanyo does however. I want to say that that is an affiliate market down there. Just a guess though. Meaning yes they run on Sprint but are not owned by Sprint. Regardless I would expect better signal from your phone. PM your address and I will pull it up on the network map and give you some more details.

RandomGuy
10-26-2005, 06:56 PM
well if u do switch over, dont get TMOBILE, its just as bad

smiley723
10-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Ok Marshall, explain something to me. My BF just cancelled his service with Nextel (Sprint) because of a MAJOR mix up on his bill. He upgraded his service to like 1200 minutes a month because it would only be x amount of dollars more. The rep who made the change put the total number of minutes in wrong. Instead of 1200, she put 400. No biggie, we got it fixed. Well, since September of last year (which was when he did the upgrade) we did not receive a bill. I also have a Nextel and I receive my statements every month, but he never did. We would never know the balance until it was past due and they would threaten to cancel the service. Have you ever heard of this happening to other people? Now he we are in the process of paying off a HUGE bill that we have no record of the minutes used, overages on those minutes anything.

DrivenMind
10-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Marshall, truthfully this all seems like to much shit for you to deal with. I posted my issue with my phone, and If I had money to get a new phone I would have gotten one already. But sadly, I don't, so I guess I "technically" have no right to bitch... If there is a way for you guys to make my phone work normally every month, please let me know, otherwise I'll stick to making the jump to T-mobile or Cingular in a month or so.

The company you work for has worked very great for me when my phone was brand spanking new, but after a few months it degraded to that of almost being useless. I take care of the bill religiously but no one I've talked to at the Sprint store seems to give a shit that my phone doesn't work right.

ARFNSX
10-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Well I was with Sprint about 3 years ago and they f*ched up my life and business. My phone wouldnt work in my office (not a large building) it wouldnt work in my home (and the cell tower was 3 blocks away) and when I would drive home, it would cut off in the middle of my conversations (daily). I would get an indication for voice mail and the messages would be from over 3 weeks earlier and sometimes people would call and get a voice mail for a guy name david, mike or whatever...my name is Alex. Sprint suggested I get another phone. I went through 5 phones in 6 months... no help! I had the technicians come to my home and office to see what the problem was and they say I live in a footprint and although the tower is only a few blocks away, my phone is connecting to another cell tower about 15 miles away. Although Sprint can fix it, they are not going to basically because I am not that important to do so.

I leave Sprint and goto Nextel I have been very happy with them with all of my free incoming minutes and 2way radio. I talk about 8000 minutes a month and my bill is rarely over $100. Now I get the wonderful new I am going back to Sprint...well screw that....I am going to Verizon....Can you hear me now? GOOD!

10-27-2005, 09:35 AM
i have had no problems with verizon...

BTEC
10-27-2005, 09:46 AM
wekk i got my phone back no yesterday. it costed me $20 to get it back on and they said they couldnt tell me y it was off or y my bill was $131 even though i paid $128 lastweek bc it was the end of the billing cycle and the statement hasnt been printed yet. sounds like a bunch of bull to me but my pimp phone is back on. im gonna call today and see what they say. im pretty mad about the whole thing but i havent figured out exactly how i want to handle the situation yet. i better not get some dumb MF like the ones that usually wrk at the camp creek sprint bc i might go off the deep end fuh rel.

chrisdavis
10-27-2005, 10:06 AM
i have had no problems with verizon...

Me niether. Going on five years now. I was considering Nextel until the merger with Sprint.

SilviaK93
10-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Ok Marshall, explain something to me. My BF just cancelled his service with Nextel (Sprint) because of a MAJOR mix up on his bill. He upgraded his service to like 1200 minutes a month because it would only be x amount of dollars more. The rep who made the change put the total number of minutes in wrong. Instead of 1200, she put 400. No biggie, we got it fixed. Well, since September of last year (which was when he did the upgrade) we did not receive a bill. I also have a Nextel and I receive my statements every month, but he never did. We would never know the balance until it was past due and they would threaten to cancel the service. Have you ever heard of this happening to other people? Now he we are in the process of paying off a HUGE bill that we have no record of the minutes used, overages on those minutes anything.

I cannot comment on any Nextel LEGACY service/bill/handset issues......Sorry!

SilviaK93
10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Well I was with Sprint about 3 years ago

So you worked with Sprint in Atlanta from 99-01 correct? Yeah the network was not at all what it is today. If anyone should know you should know that. Sprint came to Atlanta in 1998 and customers expected it to be 100%--- no dropped calls and perfect in building coverage. Come on get real!

Take your Cingular phone to the Mall of GA during Thanksgiving and Christmas weekend and tell me how many times you try to dial out...........? Even with the mobile tower parked out by Circuit City it doesnt help.

Every wireless carrier has its faults. Just as every wireless user has their faults- My phone was on the sink and vibrated into the toilet, can you swap me out for another one in the store please? :lmfao:

SilviaK93
10-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Marshall, If there is a way for you guys to make my phone work

Call Pablo at the Cumming store.........770-205-4736

SilviaK93
10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
wekk i got my phone back no yesterday. it costed me $20 to get it back on and they said they couldnt tell me y it was off or y my bill was $131 even though i paid $128 lastweek bc it was the end of the billing cycle and the statement hasnt been printed yet. sounds like a bunch of bull to me but my pimp phone is back on. im gonna call today and see what they say. im pretty mad about the whole thing but i havent figured out exactly how i want to handle the situation yet. i better not get some dumb MF like the ones that usually wrk at the camp creek sprint bc i might go off the deep end fuh rel.

PM me your PCS number........I am interested as to why you have so many issues.

İhris
10-27-2005, 01:28 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=27537

Tbird_guy
10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
I want to get a nextel phone now that sprint and Nextel have merged...but I refuse to add another line of service when I already have two...now if I could cancel one line of service without paying the cancellation fee...I would, and get a nextel...any help with this one?